**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

There are only two good mystics doom and sorcerer

Comments

• KindaGomans3KindaGomans3 Posts: 174
    Yes it's the most lacking

Bendy said:

Mystic has more choices than 2 as others said ur missing so many other great mystics magik number 1 best power control supreme probs the best buff heavy counter claire with her utility ms with her being ramped up with life steal and perfect block man thing as can just go into so many sp1s if not poison immune u can apply so many sas and so on i can go about champs

Best power control is doom

Very few champs have lots of buffs for his to take advantage of

Claire had very lack luster damage

And there are wayyyyy better champs for poison
    There is an entire class based around buffs as well as some mutants that now gain buffs like crazy.

Damage isn't everything. Claire is an utility champ. With suicides in hellfire curse she hits pretty hard anyway from what I've seen.
    What are you on about
    Yes it isnt but what is she honestly bringing to the table immunities warlock and any robot has those

She had nothing really else going for here besides her Regen which sucks if u don't crit and there are much better champs for sustainability
    DNA3000 said:

It’s funny that not a single person so far has mentioned Hood after the Hood Buff Revolt of early ‘21.

Actually, I almost got the solo on Mangog with Hood. He's not in the same class as Doom, but I would consider him a "good" champ.

Also, the Hood Buff Revolt was not about whether the buffed Hood was better or the original Hood was good or bad. It was about whether we should be making champs better by taking away strong features that a sizable number of players had invested in over a very long period of time. For me, buffed Hood was better. But I refused to accept that buff on the backs of other players who invested not just resources but years of playing time into Hood when there was no reason to do so. If we had to, we had to, but we didn't have to.

Hood is more of a niche mystic, but I think he's good enough to r2. As mine is r2.

Most people would agree the top tier mystics are probably Doom, Claire, Sym Supreme, and Sorcerer Supreme. I think most people would also say that Longshot, Mojo, Morningstar, Sasquatch, Hood, and Tigra are at least good to very good. And Voodoo, GR, SW and Magik are also on that list with the caveat that they are not currently available as 6*.
    I like his buff as well
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Bendy said:

Mystic has more choices than 2 as others said ur missing so many other great mystics magik number 1 best power control supreme probs the best buff heavy counter claire with her utility ms with her being ramped up with life steal and perfect block man thing as can just go into so many sp1s if not poison immune u can apply so many sas and so on i can go about champs

Magik has better power control than Doom.

Clair has decent damage.

Man Thing with MD is crazy.
    You’re using the wrong words. Doom doesn’t “power control”, so of course people would see magik as a better power controlling champ. Doom benefits greatly when there is massive amounts of power gain. He “manages” power, magik controls power.

Op is trolling btw. Not dealing with that bs.
    I don't really see a difference here if they can't get to a full bar it's power control as far as I'm concerned guillotine 2099 is a power control champ
    Power control means you have full control of their power and your power. Power management (doom) allows each champion to gain and use power but doom stops them from using their power.

So, Magik stops both power gain and use of specials. Doom doesn’t stop either, so the best word I could come up with is “manage”.
  • SpinnakerSpinnaker Posts: 271 ★★★
    No there other good champs
    Qacob said:

Kinda offended no one has mentioned mojo. Absolute monster, especially with MD.

You took the words right out of my mouth :smile:
    DNA3000 said:

Tigra needs to be played a certain way or she's niche

Best champ in game is ghost if u can play and cosmic gr if u can't

Tigra is not on your list of good champs because you need to play her in a certain way, but Ghost is on your list of best champs even though she has to be played in a certain way.
    I talked about how much it worth to play her vs ghost u get wayyyy more from learning ghost and she's arguably eaiser to learn
    Look add me on line and let's discuss it there I'm chekzaremine5 I'll make a chat.
    edited March 2021

DNA3000 said:

Tigra is not on your list of good champs because you need to play her in a certain way, but Ghost is on your list of best champs even though she has to be played in a certain way.
    I talked about how much it worth to play her vs ghost u get wayyyy more from learning ghost and she's arguably eaiser to learn
    Ghost may be easier to learn but you don't get waaay more out of ghost. Ever seen Buddy Lee's videos on Tigra?

Edit: Also Ghost is not the benchmark for a champion being "good"
    Spinnaker said:

@KindaGomans3 if you want to hear valid opinions instead of shooting down the ones you're currently hearing, then let's find some common ground as to what good is? Are you defining it based on usability in end game content, variants, or general utility?

I didn't specify because it's opinion bases but id say good is what you can do in comparison to other champs what makes them stand out
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

Qacob said:

Kinda offended no one has mentioned mojo. Absolute monster, especially with MD.

OP said endgamers dont use MD so ig not
    Well seeing as so far everything he's said has been 100% factual I guess that's probably true then.
    Spinnaker said:

DNA3000 said:

Ghost may be easier to learn but you don't get waaay more out of ghost. Ever seen Buddy Lee's videos on Tigra?

Edit: Also Ghost is not the benchmark for a champion being "good"
    She isn't a benchmark on whats good she's a benchmark on whats hard to play well but if u do happens to be good

Spinnaker said:

@KindaGomans3 if you want to hear valid opinions instead of shooting down the ones you're currently hearing, then let's find some common ground as to what good is? Are you defining it based on usability in end game content, variants, or general utility?

I didn't specify because it's opinion bases but id say good is what you can do in comparison to other champs what makes them stand out
    Alright then. Mojo and Dragon Man can solo the 6.2.2 Mr. Sinister without synergies. I haven't seen Doom or Sorcerer Supreme do that? Mojo is more useful for more variants than Doom or Sorcerer. Are these enough comparisons that make them stand out?
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Yup I feel 100% confident saying this is wrong
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Sym Supreme, Sorcerer Supreme, Mangog, Sasquatch, and Dragon Man. Those are some that I remember
    Spinnaker said:

Spinnaker said:

Alright then. Mojo and Dragon Man can solo the 6.2.2 Mr. Sinister without synergies. I haven't seen Doom or Sorcerer Supreme do that? Mojo is more useful for more variants than Doom or Sorcerer. Are these enough comparisons that make them stand out?
    Niche fight and bad example mojo will probably die from block damage before you can get him down also doom and do all of mystic monthly by himself which is arguably better as preferred to the other two
  • Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★

I wonder what your opinion is on mutants lol

It's hands down best class

Mutant
    Skill
    Cosmic
    Tech
    Science
    Mystic
    he thinks skill is the 2nd best class, and science is second worst 😂😂😂
    Not like the best champ is a science or anything.
    Oh, wait

Honestly I don't know why people think quake is better she's kinda in ghost shadow and will forever be there

And if ur argument is ghost can carry all of the bad science champions that's a heavy burden theres alot of trash in it
    X to doubt
    What makes quake better and don't say x to doubt
    Her ability to shut off 90% of the nodes in the game, the ability to kill the defender without giving them a single bit of power, her ability to kill the defender without making contact with them in any way and her ability to shut off the majority of champs abilities in the game
    Then use her on boss nodes oh wait true strike

There are way more champs that have a way to counter evade then ones who can counter miss

And she can negate damage entirely
    So your looking for a champ who counters every node in the game then? Simple facts are there are much less ways to hamstring Quake than there is to hamstring ghost.

It’s like saying “use ghost on Thorns” or “use ghost while armour broken” it’s not like I’m anti ghost I’ve got a r3 6* but I think it’s pretty well established that quake is overall the best champ in the game
    Feel free to add me on line to talk about this I don't feel like going back and fourth on the forums

Chekzaremine5 line
    Jaded said:

Feel free to add me on line to talk about this I don't feel like going back and fourth on the forums

Chekzaremine5 line

I don’t think anyone wants to talk to you directly 😂
    Hmm ok then I'm going to the gym though more people would agree with me but i was wrong on that account
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Worst poll I’ve ever seen on the forums.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,350 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Chekzaremine5 line

I don’t think anyone wants to talk to you directly 😂
    Hmm ok then I'm going to the gym though more people would agree with me but i was wrong on that account
    Not many agree as theres a lot of useful mystics that can be used in content not just apparently doom and sorcerer
    DNA3000 said:

Again morning star is clunky and not worth it

Clunky? I know you mentioned ramp up in the other thread, but that depends on where you use her. In monthly EQ, her ramp up time is generally too high to get good use out of her. But in content with more fight the ramp up time is not an issue. I use her in AQ where the ramp up time is low compared to the entire map. She's also very good in Incursions where the ramp up time happens during the easy rooms anyway. And there's a lot of fights where her ability to dampen and steal buffs is extremely useful. She's basically immortal on masochism paths, for example.

She's a little more niche than some of the top tier mystics, but I wouldn't describe her as clunky. Once she's ramped up you don't have to do much to play her. Your health steal is automatic. You have a very strong perfect block. Your SP1 hits like a bomb. And you can nullify with SP2 if you need that. Otherwise you can play her with your eyes closed.
    This is a much better reply then what on here and I'd agree with the first part to an extent but she is clunky which is a major pitfall of the character, all the XL and l champs suffer from this in my opinion but she's literally the worst her dash back window of performing the action is the worst and longest in game she just always seems so slow I'm serious here use any small champion and dash back (not rocket) they cover a longer area and not just in perspective to there dimensions and length they covered with the dash but it feels much smoother if u do it with morning star it's like she's backing away slowly and not really dashing, her dash forward and blocking animation also seem elongated and slow which again is a pit fall for the bigger champs the only champ that feels almost as bad is sentinel, but the best champ that's xl is by far venom u can really feel him lunging across the screen colossus is good too but he's only large.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Ebony Maw is the best champion in the game
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,833 ★★★★★
    Plot twist: OP was trying to break the disagree record

Spinnaker said:

Spinnaker said:

Niche fight and bad example mojo will probably die from block damage before you can get him down also doom and do all of mystic monthly by himself which is arguably better as preferred to the other two
    Honestly I think Mojo gets more flack for his block proficiency than he deserves. Is it bad? Yes. He is still very sustainable regardless because you either won't be blocking too much or his regen will counteract the damage. Also, Doom shouldn't be the benchmark for what's good. If that were the case, then each class would basically only have 1-2 good champs (apart from probably mutant). The benchmark for good should be much lower.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

There is an entire class based around buffs as well as some mutants that now gain buffs like crazy.

Damage isn't everything. Claire is an utility champ. With suicides in hellfire curse she hits pretty hard anyway from what I've seen.
    What are you on about
    Yes it isnt but what is she honestly bringing to the table immunities warlock and any robot has those

She had nothing really else going for here besides her Regen which sucks if u don't crit and there are much better champs for sustainability
    Last I checked there was no way in hell Warlock, Sentinel or Guilly 2099 were immune to incinerate.
    Or able to spam specials without synergy when BWCV can gain power when either she or her opponent is immune to a debuff.
    (Yes I know there is a synergy between the robots)

She has 3 immunities, she can buff and power control, deal red numbers, apply 3/4 different debuffs and regenerate with ease. She even has a cheat death mechanic. I don't see how you think she isn't a great champ, what more do you want? I've probably missed stuff, I don't even have her as above a r4 4*.

Also king leo would be having a breakdown if he was still here.
This discussion has been closed.