**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

No More Selling Champs

Comments

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Instead of stopping us from selling champs, give us access to get 1* champ.
    When am 100 shards from getting a 5* crystal i like the ability of selling joe fix it or cyclops to get 5* crystal instead of waiting for next Aq rewards or quest.
    I remember selling my 4* venom a few yrs back only for a spider theme monthly quest to come in a fews days later of which venom was mvp, i regretted it at 1st but resulting 5* gave me a 5* venom which made the quest super easy. Best decision ever.
    Also what will i do with all my expiring 3*,4* awakening gems?

You do have access to 1 star champs. There is a crystal for 50 units to get them. Also, Kabam gave out so many collector crystals recently, I lost count. There will also should be events in future that gives access to these crystals so that we can get some exclusive 2 star champs.
    As far as 3* and 4* AGs are concerned, use them on the non awakened champs as soon as you get them. I get them all the time from the superior solo crystals and use them immediately. I have 0 non-awakened 4 stars now and still have 4 star AG expiring.
  • DocmottsDocmotts Posts: 77
    I was hoping to see a valued response from Kabam on this, since it said they had posted in this thread. Only to see that miike has posted a picture. We all saw the announcement, but I thought the solution to this was to sell crystals that can get these champs back. Seems like an income stream they don’t want or people aren’t buying anymore. Maybe this is why they are doing this? Also, this game, with all these changes, really doesn’t feel like a Kabam game anymore and feels more like a Netmarble game. All of the spirit of the Kabam game that we all knew is slowly dying.
  • LordabckLordabck Posts: 297 ★★★
    Now how we will ISO during urgency. We get same amount of ISO duping 5* and 6*. Now got ahead and increase iso while duping 5* and 6* champ.
  • mwag2402mwag2402 Posts: 3

I hate this call by KaBam. Been playing for years, it’s just personal preference and enjoyment. I don’t care about the strategy or whatever. I have a stable of champions I like having & using, and I don’t want to be forced to have ones I don’t want. Simple as that. Keeping the selling ability doesn’t prevent any of you from keeping all your champions and lets the rest of us play the way we like to. Limits on your player base guaranteeing some will enjoy the game less or even stop playing when you get no advantage for others, it’s just a bad call.

This. This sums up my view exactly. Why force us to play in a way that guarantees some will enjoy the game less? It just makes no sense at all to me.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    Drenlin said:

I think it’s time...

Duping him would get 24 of those ISO bricks and 550 5* shards since he’s max sig and that would happen every time you duped him instead of the one time for selling him

Actually it would give 24 of the 5k iso bricks, which is 5 times the amount for selling him. That's just crazy that anyone would even consider selling a champ
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Drenlin said:

I think it’s time...

Duping him would get 24 of those ISO bricks and 550 5* shards since he’s max sig and that would happen every time you duped him instead of the one time for selling him

Actually it would give 24 of the 5k iso bricks, which is 5 times the amount for selling him. That's just crazy that anyone would even consider selling a champ
    Zactly. I don't see the logic there unless you have a developing 4* roster in which case it's even worse to sell.
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Drenlin said:

I think it’s time...

You are correct I didnt even realize they were smaller bricks that makes it an even worse return
  • Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

I think it’s time...

You have GOT to be joking rn. Your really think that's worth multiple max sig dupes? I recall you saying that earlier in the thread. That's not even half the value of a single max sig dupe. That's an incredible waste, so it's a good thing Kabam is removing this feature. If it was never here in the first place there's no way all these people would have come up and talked about "playing my way" or whatever other excuses they have for being impatient.
    Post like his, only make me to don't want this change, better let them be and regret their decisions later
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    Drenlin said:

I think it’s time...

You get one max sig crystal the seventh time you pull him. Assuming the max sig crystal does get you 5* shards, that's 1650 5* shards gained from duping after 7 pulls. It's 2975 5* shards if you sell him each time. So yes, multiple max sig dupes. But that wasn't the point. The point is I like selling Joe Fixit and I ought to have the right to do so.
    edited April 2021

Drenlin said:

I think it’s time...

You get one max sig crystal the seventh time you pull him. Assuming the max sig crystal does get you 5* shards,
    What about the iso, that's an awful tradeoff, plus you spent iso to get him there. And it's a game, you don't get to say you have the right to do anything when your account and everything on it is owned by Kabam. They're removing selling to save people like you from yourselves.
    Crcrcrc said:

I think it’s time...

You have GOT to be joking rn. Your really think that's worth multiple max sig dupes? I recall you saying that earlier in the thread. That's not even half the value of a single max sig dupe. That's an incredible waste, so it's a good thing Kabam is removing this feature. If it was never here in the first place there's no way all these people would have come up and talked about "playing my way" or whatever other excuses they have for being impatient.
    That one sale isn't worth multiple max sig dupes. That isn't what I said. If you rank him to R3 and sell him each time you pull him it will take a long time and multiple max sig dupes before you will earn the same amount of 5* shards. But as I said in the previous post, that wasn't really the point.

Crcrcrc said:

I think it’s time...

That one sale isn't worth multiple max sig dupes. That isn't what I said. If you rank him to R3 and sell him each time you pull him it will take a long time and multiple max sig dupes before you will earn the same amount of 5* shards. But as I said in the previous post, that wasn't really the point.
    That did not explain anything as to why you would make such a poor decision, and as I said before, you don't get "rights" in this game. You don't own anything.
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

I think it’s time...

That did not explain anything as to why you would make such a poor decision, and as I said before, you don't get "rights" in this game. You don't own anything.
    In what way is it a poor decision? I have 662 champs now that I sold my 4* Joe Fixit. I have 173 other 4* champs, most of which are max sig. I've got about 22 million gold at the moment, lots of Iso. The only thing holding back my rank ups at the moment is getting t5 basics faster than t2 alphas. I enjoy selling my 4* Joe Fixit and doing so has not hindered my progress in any way whatsoever. Your disapproval doesn't make it a poor decision.

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

I think it’s time...

In what way is it a poor decision? I have 662 champs now that I sold my 4* Joe Fixit. I have 173 other 4* champs, most of which are max sig. I've got about 22 million gold at the moment, lots of Iso. The only thing holding back my rank ups at the moment is getting t5 basics faster than t2 alphas. I enjoy selling my 4* Joe Fixit and doing so has not hindered my progress in any way whatsoever. Your disapproval doesn't make it a poor decision.
    The entire forums collectively agrees it's a poor decision, including the devs

Crcrcrc said:

I think it’s time...

Post like his, only make me to don't want this change, better let them be and regret their decisions later
    I've sold 4* Joe Fixit many times. If I haven't regretted it yet, I'm not likely to regret it later lol. Joe Fixit was one of my 1st 4*s. I had the lowest account in my alliance at the time and I was trying to get my 3*s out of war defense. I asked my alliance mates if he was any good and no one had the heart to tell me how terrible he was. Keep in mind, this was before the willpower nerf when his Sp1 used to heal the opponent back to full health. Anyway, I didn't have a full catalyst inventory back then, so I used units to buy energy so I could keep running the daily quest in order to get him to R3 in time for war defense. After I realized how bad he was playing arena, I came to hate him. Then 5*s came out and I sold him in order to fill out my 1st 5* crystal. Pulled Star Lord. That was the first (and only) good thing that 4* Fixit ever did for me. I decided to sell him every time I pulled him going forward, and I did for years. Enjoyed it every time. Lately I haven't bothered and he found his way to max sig, but this post came as a timely reminder that he needed to be sold before Kabam makes it impossible. I've never sold a lot of champs, but I've sold fixit as a matter of principle and the odd 4* hear and there if a 5* featured crystal (the old 20% variety) was going away and I wanted one more crack at it.
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

I think it’s time...

Argumentum ad Populum. I asked you in what way my decision to sell my Joe Fixit, which I enjoyed doing, was a poor decision in the context of my specific situation and you give me appeal to the masses lol.
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

I think it’s time...

Another post lost due to editing smh. Anyway I asked you in what way selling my Joe Fixit was a bad decision in light of the fact that I enjoy selling him and in the context of my specific account, and you give me Argumentum ad Populum. I'm not convinced lol
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    Honestly I agree with people being allowed to sell champs if they choose but think this is more to help new players who don't understand how the overall game progression works. Many sell their lower tier champs as they get the higher varieties and almost all, OP apparently being in the minority here, wish they hadn’t further down the road. In a progression based game selling all your lower level champs will ultimately stunt your growth
    edited April 2021

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

I think it’s time...

Another post lost due to editing smh. Anyway I asked you in what way selling my Joe Fixit was a bad decision in light of the fact that I enjoy selling him and in the context of my specific account, and you give me Argumentum ad Populum. I'm not convinced lol
    Love the disagrees on this one. Y'all do get that he answered my question with a fallacy? If one of y'all would like to explain it to me I'm all ears.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Selling is a bad idea in general yes which is why they removed the feature. Also to avoid scenarios like Variant 4 and stuff.

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

I think it’s time...

Okay, fair, but if I had to choose between so many people complaining about not having a large enough roster for content, and a few people complaining about not being able to sell one champ, I'd pick the latter
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    I guess I’ll just have to email kabam to remove certain champs and star levels from my roster when I receive them from a crystal.

Crcrcrc said:

I think it’s time...

I've sold 4* Joe Fixit many times. If I haven't regretted it yet, I'm not likely to regret it later lol. Joe Fixit was one of my 1st 4*s. I had the lowest account in my alliance at the time and I was trying to get my 3*s out of war defense. I asked my alliance mates if he was any good and no one had the heart to tell me how terrible he was. Keep in mind, this was before the willpower nerf when his Sp1 used to heal the opponent back to full health. Anyway, I didn't have a full catalyst inventory back then, so I used units to buy energy so I could keep running the daily quest in order to get him to R3 in time for war defense. After I realized how bad he was playing arena, I came to hate him. Then 5*s came out and I sold him in order to fill out my 1st 5* crystal. Pulled Star Lord. That was the first (and only) good thing that 4* Fixit ever did for me. I decided to sell him every time I pulled him going forward, and I did for years. Enjoyed it every time. Lately I haven't bothered and he found his way to max sig, but this post came as a timely reminder that he needed to be sold before Kabam makes it impossible. I've never sold a lot of champs, but I've sold fixit as a matter of principle and the odd 4* hear and there if a 5* featured crystal (the old 20% variety) was going away and I wanted one more crack at it.
    You see the tree and miss the forest

Crcrcrc said:

I think it’s time...

If I missed the forest I would have sold lots of champs. I get the forest. It's just that some individual trees do need to be cut down from time to time.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    Solvseus said:

It's a wonderful move made by Kabam. Now I'm just waiting for people to start complaining.

I’ll start. If you don’t want to sell your champs, don’t. This won’t affect you. For those of us who don’t need the same characters at every level, who’d prefer the ISO and shards, this is going to be annoying.
    I agree with you, you should have the choice if you want. Just don’t complain when Kabam release content, as they have described, and you can’t play it because you’ve sold the necessary champs. Seems fair if IMHO.

Crcrcrc said:

I think it’s time...

If I missed the forest I would have sold lots of champs. I get the forest. It's just that some individual trees do need to be cut down from time to time.
    Nope, still the tree, your tree is how selfish you are about this change, God forbid they stop u from selling your Joe fixit, who cares how much it actually helps others.

Your ritual of selling a champ, that actually makes u lose in the process, doesn't make this bad change, just make u look a moron and me an idiot that I actually read what u type , and even worse, replying.

Crcrcrc said:

I think it’s time...

Nope, still the tree, your tree is how selfish you are about this change, God forbid they stop u from selling your Joe fixit, who cares how much it actually helps others.

Your ritual of selling a champ, that actually makes u lose in the process, doesn't make this bad change, just make u look a moron and me an idiot that I actually read what u type , and even worse, replying.
    I'm being selfish? This is a forum to discuss the game and I don't like the change. How selfish of me. In order to not be selfish I'm supposed to like the change on the grounds that some hypothetical new player might be helped by it? I'd rather be fake selfish than actually rude lol. The only reason you look like an idiot is because you've started throwing around words like "moron".

Also could you explain again how selling my Fixit makes me lose? I must have missed that part.