**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

No More Selling Champs

1235»

Comments

• AGYAATAGYAAT Posts: 210
    Crcrcrc said:

AGYAAT said:

Maybe selling champs is not good but we should have an option to do this in different ways, like put your champs on rent😅, example if you put a 4* champion on rent (solid) for some 5* shard then you will not be able to use and pull him again from 4* crystal until you give back those 5* shard😁
    And we should be able to that with 5* champs too but 6* will give you some More option as rank up material, huge amount of iso..
    We all have so many bench warmers and it's the best way to use them for something useful

Yeah, no. They removed selling for a reason
    I'm not talking about selling them
  • AGYAATAGYAAT Posts: 210
    You always have the option to unlock them by giving back those stuff, for which you put them on rent😂
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,659 Guardian

I’m personally disappointed that some players won’t be able to disadvantage themselves anymore by selling champs. Let them be fools Kabam.

The whole point of a game is for players to make choices and then have to live with them. That's what player agency is all about. Kabam isn't removing the selling option because they want to take a player choice away. They are removing the selling option to prevent having to hear players complain about the fact that that choice disadvantages them.

It is one thing to sell champs. It is another thing to believe that if you're allowed to sell champs, the game must honor that option by never making it a disadvantage. This is a line of thinking that keeps coming up. It goes like this: I want to sell, and the game allows me to sell, so I'm going to sell. And since selling is allowed, the game can't force me to have the champs I sold, because that's punishing me for a choice the game gave to me in the first place, and since games are supposed to be about fun, the game should never tell me any of my choices were wrong.

Given the game's current direction, we can get rid of selling, or we can get rid of all the players who think like that. I believe Kabam flipped a coin, and champion selling lost.
  • Dreamtraveler09Dreamtraveler09 Posts: 10
    I just wanted to get in on this before it closes.
    I'm not sure how many of you are vanilla players, I'm pretty sure there are only a few of us left at this point.

I always thought it was odd that we could sell our champs given the missed rewards from dupping and eventually maxing them out and doubling that shard gain with a max sig crystal (or the occasional awsome awakening gem), but i figured hey if you wanna do it go for it. Like many comments before this you had to accept that if you sold a champ it was for a short gain, and eventually it would cost you.

Enter gated content, where if you didn't have the champ you couldn't complete the content. So many of you seem to forget the absolute hell this community raised for the v-day event a few years back where they featured 2-star champ requirements and the only way to move through the content was to open one of the heros from the special movie release crystals in that event. This whole forum filled up with people complaining because they had sold all thier 2-stars because "i'll never need/use them"

Now, they are fully taking away the option to sell champs. Do you not understand that they are very likely doing this so they can run those types of events without you complaining about not having the champs?

As a last note, we have all had to change with the game in order to enjoy it to the fullest we each sought to. This is just another change, its time to roll with the punches and see what kabam has in store for us. You may find that Joe Fixit climbs his way out of the garbage to complete a solo event for a fully formed 7-star at some point. We dont know and getting upset about it isnt going to change that this is where kabam wants to go, which means its where we're going, so get over it and move on please for all our sakes.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

I think it’s time...

As we can all see, selling a rank 3 4 star doest give as much rewards as duping. Also it's not all about duping. We can use them for arenas as well
    Selling Joe Fixit was the reward lol