**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Finish Abyss - Nothing That Improves My Account Significantly - Anyone Else Have This Letdown?

MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 467 ★★★
So after finishing Abyss, I didn't get Doom and the 6* basics were a joke as usual so nothing to improve my account. Hooray 3 of 3 basics are dupes - instead of a 100 other champions outside... fun!

Since I'm one of those lucky players with Cosmic T5cc I can't open anything t5cc in case it goes into overflow stash since my 6* Cosmic roster is at best highlighted by multiple duped of super-useful amazing Gamora. It's amazing that there are few decent Cosmics and usually require a dupe to be useful. Guess I'll just continue to roll 1/200 for a cosmic ghost rider or corvus (yay me).

Anyone else in this predicament?

After all this hard work and hours upon hours, should there be a better payoff from Abyss or whatever is the hardest content at the time?

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    There are many good cosmic 6*s. I would r3 CGR, Corvus, CMM, Venom, Aarkus, and VTD
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

There are many good cosmic 6*s. I would r3 CGR, Corvus, CMM, Venom, Aarkus, and VTD

Ya most people only view the top 1-2 champs of each class as rankable, who knows who OP has or got in that nexus
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    I usually find my openings after finishing a big piece of content (Abyss, 6.4, Act 7.1, etc) to be major letdowns - I don't remember any of the openings from those rewards moving the needle for my account. So I can commiserate with that feeling.

But, this is probably more psychologically me remembering those 'significant' openings more than the times I randomly opening a crystal after getting a 1000 shards.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

Etjama said:

Who in their right mind would R3 VtD?
    Everyone but you?
    I definitely wouldn’t, but power to whoever would if they enjoy him. I don’t think he has remotely near enough utility to warrant ranking up.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

Etjama said:

Everyone but you?
    His utility is absolutely non-existent and everything else in his kit is RNG based.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

Etjama said:

Everyone but you?
    I wouldnt even r3 VTD for TB. His rampup is incredibly painful, he is somewhat RNG reliant, and his utility is pathetically low.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,018 ★★★★★
    Who did you get from your abyss nexus?

Who did you get from your abyss nexus?

Thats for exploration.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    VTD is in an incursion god, in a class that doesn't have a lot of top end options. If you're a player that does map 7 with epic mods it's not like t5cc is even rare anymore. I'd drop a t5cc cosmic into VTD immediately if I was at risk of overflow.
    Etjama said:

IKON said:

VTD is in an incursion god, in a class that doesn't have a lot of top end options. If you're a player that does map 7 with epic mods it's not like t5cc is even rare anymore. I'd drop a t5cc cosmic into VTD immediately if I was at risk of overflow.

There's a huge difference between R3ing VtD in general and R3ing him when you're at risk of a T5 in overflow. And being good in Incursions doesn't make a champ worthy of R3 if he's not good anywhere else.
    Depends on your rate of T5cc I suppose. I dropped one into Spidergwen, I'll probably drop another into P2099 at some point, they're not a road block to me. In general I think people over value sitting on resources instead of using those resources now to accumulate more resources.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

Etjama said:

IKON said:

There's a huge difference between R3ing VtD in general and R3ing him when you're at risk of a T5 in overflow. And being good in Incursions doesn't make a champ worthy of R3 if he's not good anywhere else.
    Depends on your rate of T5cc I suppose. I dropped one into Spidergwen, I'll probably drop another into P2099 at some point, they're not a road block to me. In general I think people over value sitting on resources instead of using those resources now to accumulate more resources.
    To accumulate more resources? How is ranking someone that won't actually help you in content actually going to help you gain more resources? I'd rank P99 and Gwen too cause they have actual utility to offer. Gwen has the unblockable special evade, slow, and enervate, all great pieces of utility. P99 has some extremely good and unique power control. VtD has nothing of value.
    Guess I'll have to get another Cosmic t5cc and R3 VTD
    IKON said:

Etjama said:

IKON said:

I will r3 both of those champions. Spidergwen is undoubtedly better than VTD, she has great enervate, damage, slow, and some niche utilities.

P99 hits super hard with a unique form of power control.
    IKON said:

Guess I'll have to get another Cosmic t5cc and R3 VTD

Go for it.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

Who said we were talking about overflow risk? If I was TB and had one cosmic t5cc, I would not use it on VtD. He does not bring anything reliable to my roster.

IKON said:

Etjama said:

Everyone but you?
    I was gonna say this aged like milk, but it’s been 25 minutes
    Take my LOL and get out of here.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Completing the hardest content in the game should produce rewards that feel like a reward, not a letdown.

Congrats on The Abyss. Bright side: you can clear any content in the game with your current roster.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    Yes good ol cosmic t5cc I know the feeling all too well
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Sorry on your bad luck dude. I'm right there with you. Sat on a cosmic t5cc with no one I would personally use it on.

Sucks. Hope your luck turns soon.
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    Recently opened 3 6* and 7 5* crystals. Only good champs I received from the lot was 5* Nick Fury (already have him at 5/65 sig 200) and 6* Colossus (another I have at 5/65 sig 200).
    All those crystals and not a single roster changing champ in it. Make the game less interesting to say the least.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    MavRCK_ said:

So after finishing Abyss, I didn't get Doom and the 6* basics were a joke as usual so nothing to improve my account. Hooray 3 of 3 basics are dupes - instead of a 100 other champions outside... fun!

Since I'm one of those lucky players with Cosmic T5cc I can't open anything t5cc in case it goes into overflow stash since my 6* Cosmic roster is at best highlighted by multiple duped of super-useful amazing Gamora. It's amazing that there are few decent Cosmics and usually require a dupe to be useful. Guess I'll just continue to roll 1/200 for a cosmic ghost rider or corvus (yay me).

Anyone else in this predicament?

After all this hard work and hours upon hours, should there be a better payoff from Abyss or whatever is the hardest content at the time?

Before I say anything , I would like to see your 6* cosmic roster.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    I finished aol completion about a year ago, I guess. Got cosmic ag and mystic t5cc. Both are collecting dust in inventory. It is normal with mcoc