Finish Abyss - Nothing That Improves My Account Significantly - Anyone Else Have This Letdown?

MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 326 ★★
So after finishing Abyss, I didn't get Doom and the 6* basics were a joke as usual so nothing to improve my account. Hooray 3 of 3 basics are dupes - instead of a 100 other champions outside... fun!

Since I'm one of those lucky players with Cosmic T5cc I can't open anything t5cc in case it goes into overflow stash since my 6* Cosmic roster is at best highlighted by multiple duped of super-useful amazing Gamora. It's amazing that there are few decent Cosmics and usually require a dupe to be useful. Guess I'll just continue to roll 1/200 for a cosmic ghost rider or corvus (yay me).

Anyone else in this predicament?

After all this hard work and hours upon hours, should there be a better payoff from Abyss or whatever is the hardest content at the time?

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 2,606 ★★★★★
    There are many good cosmic 6*s. I would r3 CGR, Corvus, CMM, Venom, Aarkus, and VTD
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 3,314 ★★★★★

There are many good cosmic 6*s. I would r3 CGR, Corvus, CMM, Venom, Aarkus, and VTD

Ya most people only view the top 1-2 champs of each class as rankable, who knows who OP has or got in that nexus
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 295 ★★
    I usually find my openings after finishing a big piece of content (Abyss, 6.4, Act 7.1, etc) to be major letdowns - I don't remember any of the openings from those rewards moving the needle for my account. So I can commiserate with that feeling.

But, this is probably more psychologically me remembering those 'significant' openings more than the times I randomly opening a crystal after getting a 1000 shards.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 4,459 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

Etjama said:

Who in their right mind would R3 VtD?
    Everyone but you?
    I definitely wouldn’t, but power to whoever would if they enjoy him. I don’t think he has remotely near enough utility to warrant ranking up.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 5,688 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

Etjama said:

Everyone but you?
    I wouldnt even r3 VTD for TB. His rampup is incredibly painful, he is somewhat RNG reliant, and his utility is pathetically low.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 791 ★★★
    Who did you get from your abyss nexus?

Who did you get from your abyss nexus?

Thats for exploration.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,055 ★★★★★
    VTD is in an incursion god, in a class that doesn't have a lot of top end options. If you're a player that does map 7 with epic mods it's not like t5cc is even rare anymore. I'd drop a t5cc cosmic into VTD immediately if I was at risk of overflow.
    Etjama said:

IKON said:

VTD is in an incursion god, in a class that doesn't have a lot of top end options. If you're a player that does map 7 with epic mods it's not like t5cc is even rare anymore. I'd drop a t5cc cosmic into VTD immediately if I was at risk of overflow.

There's a huge difference between R3ing VtD in general and R3ing him when you're at risk of a T5 in overflow. And being good in Incursions doesn't make a champ worthy of R3 if he's not good anywhere else.
    Depends on your rate of T5cc I suppose. I dropped one into Spidergwen, I'll probably drop another into P2099 at some point, they're not a road block to me. In general I think people over value sitting on resources instead of using those resources now to accumulate more resources.
    Guess I'll have to get another Cosmic t5cc and R3 VTD
    IKON said:

Etjama said:

IKON said:

There's a huge difference between R3ing VtD in general and R3ing him when you're at risk of a T5 in overflow. And being good in Incursions doesn't make a champ worthy of R3 if he's not good anywhere else.
    Depends on your rate of T5cc I suppose. I dropped one into Spidergwen, I'll probably drop another into P2099 at some point, they're not a road block to me. In general I think people over value sitting on resources instead of using those resources now to accumulate more resources.
    I will r3 both of those champions. Spidergwen is undoubtedly better than VTD, she has great enervate, damage, slow, and some niche utilities.

P99 hits super hard with a unique form of power control.
    IKON said:

Guess I'll have to get another Cosmic t5cc and R3 VTD

Go for it.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,206 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

Who said we were talking about overflow risk? If I was TB and had one cosmic t5cc, I would not use it on VtD. He does not bring anything reliable to my roster.

IKON said:

Etjama said:

Everyone but you?
    I was gonna say this aged like milk, but it’s been 25 minutes
    Take my LOL and get out of here.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 3,233 ★★★★★
    Completing the hardest content in the game should produce rewards that feel like a reward, not a letdown.

Congrats on The Abyss. Bright side: you can clear any content in the game with your current roster.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 3,891 ★★★★★
    edited April 17
    Yes good ol cosmic t5cc I know the feeling all too well
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Sorry on your bad luck dude. I'm right there with you. Sat on a cosmic t5cc with no one I would personally use it on.

Sucks. Hope your luck turns soon.
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 242 ★★
    Recently opened 3 6* and 7 5* crystals. Only good champs I received from the lot was 5* Nick Fury (already have him at 5/65 sig 200) and 6* Colossus (another I have at 5/65 sig 200).
    All those crystals and not a single roster changing champ in it. Make the game less interesting to say the least.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,043 ★★★★
    MavRCK_ said:

So after finishing Abyss, I didn't get Doom and the 6* basics were a joke as usual so nothing to improve my account. Hooray 3 of 3 basics are dupes - instead of a 100 other champions outside... fun!

Since I'm one of those lucky players with Cosmic T5cc I can't open anything t5cc in case it goes into overflow stash since my 6* Cosmic roster is at best highlighted by multiple duped of super-useful amazing Gamora. It's amazing that there are few decent Cosmics and usually require a dupe to be useful. Guess I'll just continue to roll 1/200 for a cosmic ghost rider or corvus (yay me).

Anyone else in this predicament?

After all this hard work and hours upon hours, should there be a better payoff from Abyss or whatever is the hardest content at the time?

Before I say anything , I would like to see your 6* cosmic roster.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 2,732 ★★★★
    I finished aol completion about a year ago, I guess. Got cosmic ag and mystic t5cc. Both are collecting dust in inventory. It is normal with mcoc