**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Has "buffed" Black Panther become your new go-to Skill Champ?

GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 491 ★★★
I think Kabam did a fantastic job with the May buffs. All four seem to have made legit differences for the champs. I hope this is a trend that continues. In my opinion, BP's overhaul has been the most impressive (synergy nerf notwithstanding), and I am wondering if anyone feels that post buff he will be your go to Skill champ for day to day play.

Has "buffed" Black Panther become your new go-to Skill Champ? 86 votes

Yes - Post buff he is one of the top 3 Skill champs in the game
0%
Yes - Post buff he is now one of the better Skill champs and is very fun to use
18%
Grootman1294Wasiq_75RockypantherxCage_1Des99Aaronc94Ewell65SSS69Icy000Shock29Thanks_D19CrcrcrcPrimerprime5Negative_100SantiagoEhsaanDraconic_12Ceti_Eel 16 votes
Maybe - I will use him because I like his animations, but he won't go past 5/4 or 6/2
11%
TerraCaptain_Pug30ScrubhanWill3808Sanjaysavithri3NuclearOrkRDMNDÉVIL7164Salve_maker05OEMV 10 votes
Maybe - If it is a path where I need bleeds, but otherwise I have other preferable options
15%
DrZolaWu_Bangerz23aliaslantepeEtjamaErosenseiogAATTMaxwell24gazbeaDrauglinCt11dmeJuryriggGeralt_123LBN1 13 votes
No - the buff is fine, but not my cup of tea
51%
World EaterRaganatorfmussapTheVyrusSw0rdMasterHilldarThesurvivlistThefire13PrimeSaviour_27TitoBandito187Dooberman420AleorColinwhitworth69Dr_Z01dbergQacobX_Factor_Agent-sixate-DeaconEtm34Kyusushui 44 votes
No - I actually liked him better the way he was before
3%
KirklinlIPowerIlBelfigor2 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Maybe - I will use him because I like his animations, but he won't go past 5/4 or 6/2
    He looks cool and I’m going to rank him to 5* r4 but most likely not any farther.
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Honestly, I love his animations and I love his play style. He’s akin to Ronin.

I love that you can strike into auto-block and be immune to the stun effect of it.

His AAR is not practical enough to keep up all the time and requires Max sig to guarantee it when it’s supposed to work.

He’s way above average IMO but not go to. If I need a bleeder - Fury. If I don’t have Fury then maybe OGBP.

He’s my most favorite champ to play right now because his animations and play style are awesome and fun.
  • Options
    NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    edited May 2021
    I’ve enjoyed it but just thought I’d see more for our King 👑
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Honestly, all those people who have whined that his buff was a "nerf" have made me not want to play the character.

Not because I think that he's bad or needs his synergies back. But because I'm so exhausted of people crying when they don't get the absolute BGT mega buff they they think that champs deserve to get.

Frankly the community makes the game feel less enjoyable than the bugs that occur.

This.

I love DDHK, Carnage and Punisher2099 and the outcry over their buffs is unfounded.

I try to ignore it. The game is fun for me. Great work Kabam.

PS: can I haz a mister negative???? Please
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,067 ★★★★★
    Elsa actually is becoming my go to but i do like the BP update.
  • Options
    Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    I Respect the buff, well done, but Falcon is still my #1

(That doesn't mean he's the #1 skill champ, just my personal go-to)
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    He just doesn't bring anything big for a developed roster
  • Options
    Xguard77 said:

Oh I love Falcon too! I prefer Falcon over OGBP for day to day questing but if I need a bleeder I’ll take the king out for a spin.
  • Options
    NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    Xguard77 said:

Mines had been crossbones so far
    Haven’t been put him down since the buff haha
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Yes - Post buff he is now one of the better Skill champs and is very fun to use

All Hail the King

(Yes he’s going to 200 once I get the sigs)
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    I don't have a BP but this is what I've grasped from his kit and his gameplay thus far:

If you need a good skill bleeder, go NF.
    If you need a good skill crit champ, go Hit-Monkey.
    If you need a good skill AAR champ, go Falcon.
    If you need a good skill ramp-up champ, go Aegon.

BP has all these things, but he's not the best at any one of them. I wouldn't use him or rank him up over any of these 4 champs, but he's definitely an average to good all-around champ for a number of things
  • Options
    Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    Maybe - If it is a path where I need bleeds, but otherwise I have other preferable options
    His buff is nice and I will rank him up but currently have all materials to take one skill champ to rank 5 and I am waiting to pull Aegon for my abyss completion.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,003 ★★★★★
    I'll probably pull him out for fun when I get my 5* ranked up.
    He probably won't be taken on a team if I ever get the higher rated skills, but he has some uses that warrant ranking
  • Options
    edited May 2021

I don't have a BP but this is what I've grasped from his kit and his gameplay thus far:

If you need a good skill bleeder, go NF.
    If you need a good skill crit champ, go Hit-Monkey.
    If you need a good skill AAR champ, go Falcon.
    If you need a good skill ramp-up champ, go Aegon.

BP has all these things, but he's not the best at any one of them. I wouldn't use him or rank him up over any of these 4 champs, but he's definitely an average to good all-around champ for a number of things

He's a jack of all trades, master of none from what I see.
    Also, what's with the quotation marks around "buffed", OP?
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Only have him as a 2*
  • Options
    Don’t get me wrong, I love him - he’s just not Fury (bleeder) or Falcon (AAR).
  • Options

We can't expect every buffed champion to match the top champs in their respective class.
  • Options
    Terra said:

We can't expect every buffed champion to match the top champs in their respective class.
    Exactly. I don’t. But you can’t expect me to make him a go to just because he was buffed.
  • Options

Terra said:

Exactly. I don’t. But you can’t expect me to make him a go to just because he was buffed.
    You have a point. But I still personally find him enjoyable, but not a go-to champ
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Highest I have is the 3* (which is kind of impressive at this point), so no.

My go-to is probably Blade, oddly enough. He's great at sweeping up mobs and saves me some items here or there. Also makes a great guinea pig for testing out certain fights.