**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why Relics Aren’t as Bad as You Might Think!!

SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
Relics will be fine as long as:

1. One relic too a champ (think this was stated in the roadmap)
2. Stays in the new mode till people are comfortable with it.

The devs are bouncing around with Ideas and it seems like a fun way to mix up the contest. I saw a comment saying “It’s a double edged sword” (unsure who said it). Seems right that it can backfire which is fine as long as it stays to one Game mode. If it doesn’t and people like it, it could be a really fun aspect to the game!

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,139 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

If relics happen I'm leaving the game

I’m wil said why leaving a game without se it at all that’s a bit overkill try it out it the best u ever do
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★

I'll wait for the reveal, we have no info whatsoever lmao so how is everybody jumping to conclusions ???

Hopefully it's strictly grind based and has some mode restriction, I don't understand it getting hate unless some sort of paywall and **** is involved in its collection and effects so fingers crossed

^This is fair

I totally agree if these were behind a paywall that would lower the quality of the game dramatically. Don’t think that was the intention of the devs though.
    Wongo said:

If you don't think Kabam will release these relics/gears in a unit crystal in the future guaranteeing you a chance of a 3-6* relic/gear you're just naive.

If they stay to one game mode I don’t think there will be a paid offer for them. Maybe something like incursions artifacts to buy them but not a paid offer. If they get past the one game mode barrier I’d be way more cautious.
    Zan0 said:

Wongo said:

If you don't think Kabam will release these relics/gears in a unit crystal in the future guaranteeing you a chance of a 3-6* relic/gear you're just naive.

If they stay to one game mode I don’t think there will be a paid offer for them. Maybe something like incursions artifacts to buy them but not a paid offer. If they get past the one game mode barrier I’d be way more cautious.
    When not if
    They said they were looking to test this in one game mode first. Based on the communities love I don’t think it’ll be a main part of the game.
    Wongo said:

Wongo said:

Except it wont stay in one game mode for long. Them saying this is because they're trying to figure out a way to ease this in somehow knowing the last time they tried fully announcing it there was a huge uproar in the community.

Do you really think Kabam was coming up with this "revampled" gear system, wasting their time and resources because they aren't planning a paid offer in the future? Lol. Cmon.
    I think there are other ways to make money with the new solo competitive game mode then to go to the extent of what the forums are thinking. But who knows maybe they just want us to sell are souls. I was just looking forward to a new interesting mechanic in the game.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    MikeHock said:

There was talk about “gears” a few months before 12.0 and the playerbase was very much against it.

The problem with that is that was like 5 years ago. We didn't have or barely had/saw 5*'s at that point. There was still tons of room for roster progression. We did NEED any gearing system back there because we knew 5*'s were coming.

We don't really know if 7*'s will ever be introduced but seeing as 6*'s have been in the contest for roughly 3 years and we can just now take them to R3 recently. Kabam has to look at ways of roster progression that may not include 7*'s. Gear or Relics are that way to keep growing a roster without adding in star rarities.