**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Allowing 4*s in Act 6 would allow diverse Carina challenges

2»

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I have ZERO desire to have to rank more useless 4* champs that take t4b and t4c away from my 6* champs. I have to that Guardian from L1- to L5 and SL from L4 to L5 just to unitman LOL. Please don't add more.

What we absolutely need is rank up gems for 4* more easily added as rewards to places. I'd love to rank more 4* but they share too many resources with 5 and 6*. Why would i waste my t4b, t4cc, alphas on 4* when they're all needed for 5 and 6*?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    This again? Lol.

This again? Lol.

Nah it's different than usual. Most of the time these come up because people want 4* to complete act 6. This is because there's potential for 4* to be used for challenges in act 6.

I'd like to see it personally, but it has to be done in the right way. Namely, by allowing those who have 100%ed act 6 to bring 4* in
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

This again? Lol.

Nah it's different than usual. Most of the time these come up because people want 4* to complete act 6. This is because there's potential for 4* to be used for challenges in act 6.

I'd like to see it personally, but it has to be done in the right way. Namely, by allowing those who have 100%ed act 6 to bring 4* in
    Wouldn't that fuel an outrage?
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

This again? Lol.

Let's be honest, what doesn't fuel an outrage these days.
    True dat.

Pulyaman said:

Tostig32 said:

Pulyaman said:

Tostig32 said:

Yea, most progressing players reach a stand-still in act 6 since they don't have many good champions ranked up for some niche purpose needed here. Having 4* allowed for everyone would basically be like a F you to all the players who patiently waited and grinded out their 5* and 6* when they were stuck in this act which is pretty much most players.

Me included, I understand that when you and I did act 6 we were not allowed to use 4*s. The thing is games change and evolve constantly.

People getting significantly more powerful champions such as those released in 202. People are having a much easier time than those who did the same content back in 2017 with significantly worse champions at the time, amplified by older champions constantly getting buffed.You may not realise it but with every new synergy, every new champion and with every new rework, content gets easier relatively to how it was before.

This "it was hard when I did it so it should be for everyone else" is an mcoc exclusive mentality. Games change and evolve over time. You did it when it was in its original implimentation, does not means things should not evolve, like act 6 already has done.

Because I did act 6 when the game was at a certain point, theres no benefit for me in holding other back other than wanting them to go through similar struggle.
    Why? It is already very easy to get 5 star shards, target 5 star champions and clear content with champs released recently which are very powerful. Not to mention the synergies that 4 star gate blocked for many people including me. Act 6 is a roster check that is necessary for the game.
    It's not even about I did it when it was difficult mentality, most people who explored act 6 pre-nerf are tired of seeing posts about how cash-grabby act 6 is now because of the gate. Can't you see the cav eq is insanely hard posts this month?
    I agree with @BitterSteel that they could allow players with "Breaker of Thrones" title to use 4 stars to do some content. It's not even that difficult, we had a key after exploring ROTL which allowed us to enter LOL before AOL was released. They could do the same thing, add a key with the exploration rewards and allow us to use 4 stars in Act 6.
    I agree that maybe then it should not be available to everyone right from the get go, perhaps you need to complete act 6, be thronebreaker or explore act 6 etc, whatever it may be. The whole is aspect of if act 6 is cash grabby is a complete other tangent but I see both sides.

Act 6 is an important roster check to ensure that peoples rosters do not have glaring holes in them, thats true. I think there will always be people on both sides of the x content is too easy/hard fence when it comes to something like cav EQ, its sometimes hard to tell if it is just the vocal minority though.

I understand content potentially being too easy as a byproduct of this, but whether the 4* restriction still being a blanket necessity for all players in 2021 is questionable
    I don't care that others will have it easy. If I was that mad, I need to stay mad because every month a champ gets introduced, content that I already completed will get easy for those that did not complete it. What I don't want is a post saying act 7 is very hard because there is a node for increasing attack for 6 stars and not 5 stars.

They started something in act 6 which was viewed as very bad at that time, but as time has gone on many people have agreed that it was the right move. Class gates, when implemented correctly makes content fun. Roster gates, done correctly makes it very enjoyable. Just look at V7. The class gates are not hated because Kabam learned from 6.2 fiasco.
    I know I'm in the minority here, but i enjoyed 6.2 gates when they came out. I didn't like the fights they pitted you up against in the Mordo chapter, but apart from that I loved them. It really tests roster depth and encourages using champions you never really consider using.
    Well, the main reason I was not happy was my roster was not up to it. I did not have any counter for Mr. Sinister at all. Then I got Hyperion and I cleared using 2 revives. But that did not happen for several months. I did not have hiemdall synergy for the longest time.
    Once my roster got big enough, I started exploration and it was a breeze( except 6.4.5. I still struggled with that node). But, it was really fun choosing a champ to rank up specifically for the lane. It was really a great roster check.

This again? Lol.

In what way? If there were challenges for Thronebreaker players but they had to 100% act 6 for it, I guess there'd be a small subset of TB who haven't explored act 6 complaining. But really anyone who is TB should be able to manage it
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

I have ZERO desire to have to rank more useless 4* champs that take t4b and t4c away from my 6* champs. I have to that Guardian from L1- to L5 and SL from L4 to L5 just to unitman LOL. Please don't add more.

What we absolutely need is rank up gems for 4* more easily added as rewards to places. I'd love to rank more 4* but they share too many resources with 5 and 6*. Why would i waste my t4b, t4cc, alphas on 4* when they're all needed for 5 and 6*?
    I have been asking Kabam to do this for awhile. If you complete Uncollected monthly you should get a generic 4-5 rank up gem. That would be really nice or just start adding that for rewards.

I have been asking Kabam to do this for awhile. If you complete Uncollected monthly you should get a generic 4-5 rank up gem. That would be really nice or just start adding that for rewards.
    I would like it to be in cavalier completion or exploration. But, at this point, I would be happy if it was available somewhere along with 3 star rank up gems too.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

This again? Lol.

It is an interesting idea, but I'm not a fan. First of all, it opens an old wound that should probably stay closed. I would rather not expend more energy relitigating that decision, or worse forcing the devs to spend their time relitigating that decision. And even if it was done for Carina challenges only, I still think it would cause a lot of people to revisit it.

I also think the lower rarity restrictions are less interesting overall. They are easy low hanging fruit, and they are better than nothing, but I would rather force the devs to come up with something better for the challenges. As much as the 5* gate forced the players to develop roster to do it, I think it is only fair if that same gate forces the developers to come up with more interesting Act 6 Carina challenges.
  • ToastyToasty Posts: 155 ★★
    I think letting 4*s in for thronebreaker only would work