**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New Arena Structure Feedback

Comments

• CyberOneMillionCyberOneMillion Posts: 20
    If you are collected, you wouldn't have enough champs at the baseline PI level to keep an infinite streak in the 6 star featured arenas. You would need many 5 star 3/45's. You could do it with 4 star 5/50's if you have the proper mastery setup boosting their PI up considerably. I'm cavalier and I have a lot of work to do before I attempt the 6 star featured arena. Anything I say is to help the community and not to bring anyone down. With the introduction of two 6 star featured arenas, double the amount of people will get the rank rewards as they did from a single 5 star featured arena.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    You know what might salvage this? Turn the shards in all the events into arena crystal shards...the same way we’ve had special event shards like this month and at Xmas. Depending on your progression title, you can redeem them at cavalier odds instead of GMC odds. Then you’re talking.

Unfortunately, most of us use arena for resources, not roster growth. Maybe it’s a little bit like the Hood buff - you *might* have made arena better than it was before, but you certainly didn’t do that for the people already relying on arena for specific things.
  • KurtSteppKurtStepp Posts: 5
    Structure the rewards more similar to summoner advancement so players know milestones to hit to get part of the 5 and 6 star shards.
  • Raphael2010Raphael2010 Posts: 14
    First, I want to say I like the idea having only the 3 arenas, with the 3* & 4* champs in the milestones, & 5*/6* in same arena for rank rewards. It also looks cleaner. In addition, I mind less it benefits larger 6* rosters.

My only real issue is across the board the unit : time ratio has decreased fairly significant from the old system. It's pretty demoralizing our time is being considered less valuable, which hurts progressing players more at a time when there are efforts to make other areas of the game more accessible.

Below are the calculations I've done for my situation. In summary, for doing the same numbers of rounds, I receive ~17.5% less in direct units and 4-8% less in battle chips (individual rounds not included, but they haven't changed for the different rarities). In order to achieve same the number of direct units, I would need to do ~33% more rounds than previously.

It wouldn't be as bad, if I was an outlier. However, I have included a link to a YouTube video by Kam MCOC showing this decrease is across the board.

Ideally, we would have an arena where points for 5* champs are optimized, and/or reduced refresh 6* timers as it's a little restrictive to only be able to run twice a day. However at the very least, please improve the unit : time ratio to be equivalent or better than the old system.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

https://youtu.be/RhenrG63Utw
  • Priest64Priest64 Posts: 56
    The new structure is bogus! It is only for those who have a super roster! In the old system I can get every milestone in every arena! I would have to grind like crazy them 3 days, but with my roster is could be done. I have 19 6*’s, and like 99 5*’s! That’s neat enough for to grind the new arenas to get the same milestones results. Like really 6.250 Million for a 3* Shang-Chi in the Feature arena?🤣 What a joke guys!! Then 9 Million for a 4* Shang-Chi? That’s doable, but 16 Million for the last milestone is messed up! And I’m not even promised the 5* champ! I think the new cutoff for that gonna be around 32 Million. This sucks guys! Either make a 5* Basic arena proper, or just continue to mess over the F2P players. Cause this is who this really messes up! The Whales don’t care what you guys do. They’re gonna use the power of the purse to beat any content that you throw at them, or pay someone to beat it! Also, ban VPN’s from the arena too! Too many cheaters in the top 100 anyways.
  • Priest64Priest64 Posts: 56
    edited May 2021
    Oh, and for the record. 1-5% should be awarded the 5* also in this system! Cause if you does nothing to fix it? You’re messing over the F2P players! Especially in the Basic arena this should be a thing already.
  • LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    All in all, the new arena was made specifically for whales and end game thronebreaker players, not for average newly Uncollected and especially F2P players. Case closed!
  • GinsssssGinsssss Posts: 5
    New arena Structure taking longer then previous arena Structure to complete new milestones should be reduced to atleast 10-12mil.
    16.5 mil is too high
  • LiamvanEstharLiamvanEsthar Posts: 6
    Hello there

First of all, I have to say that I very much welcome the changes and also find them mostly good, like having 3,4* champs in the milestones.
    Nevertheless, after the first day I have a few things to note:

- will there be a way to upgrade the 3* (x1.5) arena crystals? With the new arena they are...useless.
    With the bigger arena crystals 3* (x3.0) you still have an advantage over the 4* boosters (x1.5) but it just feels wrong. Will there be any change regarding this?

-If you don't have a wide 6* roster, how will you be able to farm the majority of the milestones? I see smaller players at a disadvantage. With the various arenas one had divided his champions clearly into the different arena. If you still want to earn all milestones you have to take champions that bring "less" points than before. So invest more work for a comparable number of units. If you can use all his 4* R1-3 at all without risking a deathmatch.

- what will happen in the future with the 2*? They will become even more pointless? Will there be special 2* arenas for certain events again?

- Do you have ideas to limit the cuts for stadiums at some point? Without 3 days vacation and enough units to refresh with booster you have no chance to get into the cuts. From 80,000,000 it is already very difficult. Can you not introduce a limit that you have to earn to get a certain champ? For example, 50,000,000 for a 5* as the "last milestone? If I make the effort to play arena for 3 days without a break, but I don't see a chance against payer and then go home with 1000 6* shards it doesn't feel good.

Thanks for reading. Love you guys. See you soon
  • OwzitgarnOwzitgarn Posts: 3
    The actual structure is causing me concern.

Grouping 2, 3 and 4* into one arena

In the past you could play 3 arenas, using each star rating to hit all milestones, and you could run them parallel in between cooldowns

Now, 2 and 3*s are useless in arena to hit the big milestone's, they're just not going to give big enough scores to bother using them - that's an issue for me

I can imagine issue for lower level players is that firstly the milestones are now so much higher, if all they have is 2 and 3*s, and a minimum number of 4*s they're never going to be able to earn what they used to

And on top of that, with people who are actually trying to hit the highest milestones using teams of maxed out 4*s, there's no way anyone will be able to keep a win streak without hitting a death match

So another reason that 2 and 3*s are now useless to higher end players, and a huge barrier to lower level players trying to earn anywhere near what they could in the old 2 and 3* arenas

The whole thing is awful
    -Structure of having 1 big arena is terrible idea for reasons above

Milestones and rewards are worse and it's insulting our intelligence to try and tell us it's an improvement, lots of posts detailing this

And as for needing to be uncollected for 2 arenas, why take the chance of earning 3 and 4* champs away from players who aren't uncollected, these are players who need to expand their roster more to take on content like uncollected

Uncollected don't need to be singled out as needing 3 and 4* champs

• its a shame that those who are not so called end gamers are punished because we don't spend 60 thousand dollars on this game a year we are punished and if you want everyone to be and elite gammer on this platform then put 1* at first mile stone 2* for the second and so on and make a basic 4* as the last milestone and then top prize a 4 star featured nexus crystals but no lets just kick the lower tear players with the ridiculous milestones . great kabam you finally alienated a big part of your fan base good job. Whatever
  • Nanard93Nanard93 Posts: 15

Good morning everybody. Lots of feedback to go over today. Thank you to everybody that gave constructive feedback.

We cleaned up a few posts overnight and this morning. When we're looking for actionable feedback we can share directly with the team, it's important that we can share direct feedback that tells us what you don't like, and why.

We don't have anything to share right now, but discussions are ongoing. We'll be looking at more feedback and data today. Top of mind is obviously milestones, but if there is anything else that is causing any concern, please make sure to share it with us!

Hello,

I have sent my opinion yesterday about new arena but i will develop what i thing this time (sorry if my purpose seems curious, I dont speak fluent english...).

Im a free to play player. Probably concidered as hard arena player, TB since 2 weeks, player since 3 years.

I did old arena for two things :
    1. Units
    2. New 3 stars champs, 4 stars 6 monthes after

I did 3 arenas each 3 days period :
    1. 3/4 stars, at 1.5m
    2. 4/5 stars, at 4m
    3. 4/5/6 stars, at 12m

I earned 405u for 17.5m each 3 days.

With New arena, to win these units will need a lot more time than before.

All is not bad in these New arena
    - one arena for 1 to 4 stars.
    - New 4 star in milestones

But 34m to finish all is really impossible.

Perhaps a solution can be to maintain these arena for shards and champs, but exclude units from rewards, and doing a 3 Day solo objective with only units in rewards. (Why dont add 2 star champ as rewards in the 1/4 stars arena ?) Those who wants units will hunt this, those who hunt champs will do high scores in arena.

I have seen this idea in last pages, and i think its a good idea.

But in this form, like new arena are, its a very bad message sent to free to play players.
  • o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★
    The biggest concerns are definitely things like milestones and the impact on people with a smaller number of 6-stars... but i will mention that i already miss the 3* arena. I'm thronebreaker but i found that the 3* arena was the most enjoyable way to grind, which is why i've maxed out 100+ 3* champs. I just don't see why we can't still have an arena for lower rarity champs.

Again, this isn't the most important issue, but i'm sure i'm not the only one who would like the 3* arena back.
  • GoingBackGoingBack Posts: 100 ★★
    Background - Previous baby beluga (masters alliance) here who got rid of my main account 4 months ago and decided to come back with my mini.
    This new update has me rethinking coming back. I will definitely not be spending. The main issue is the time commitment it takes for rewards that are not exciting. This reminds me of when the energy refill drop rate was significantly reduced years ago or revives removed from ROL.
    It makes the game not fun to have to grind incessantly for less rewards. My account now is hit pretty hard and it could benefit much more than my old account could. Seems like the rewards favor lower levels but it was designed for large accounts.
    Also, what is the point of 2* and 3* champs now?
  • JaxtorJaxtor Posts: 3
    As a free-to-play player who grinds arena primarily to get units, these changes are mostly bad. I like the upgrade of PHC to grandmaster crystals, and the increase in 6* shards in rank rewards. But the biggest problem is the milestones being too difficult to reach and impossible to get in both the basic and featured arenas. Before, I could run 6* champs in 5* feature arena, 5* champs in 4* feature arena, 4* champs in 4* basic arena, and 3* champs in the 3* feature arena. Now, 5* champs and 3* champs are worthless, as are the arena boosts (which are mostly for 3* champs). It doesn't make sense to run 5* champs for milestones. And because the milestones are so high, I can only focus on one arena and I'm putting in more work to get fewer milestones. For the vast majority of grinders, the whole point of the arena is to get units.

This rework makes it more difficult to get units (and nearly impossible to get the same units as before), leaving a massive player base without any option to progress. How can I get Fourth of July/cyber weekend deals if I can't grind for units. I'm not going to spend money on the game (aside from the $5 unit daily card), so if I can't keep up I'll stop playing. I'm sure many others feels the same.

The solution is simple: limit the basic arena to 4* and 5* champs and lower the milestones for that arena, and add a summoner trials arena capped with 3* champs. Many FTP players like me will never have the roster to grind out a top 100 finish for the 6* champs. Please, at the very least, let us continue to get units in arenas so we can continue to play the game and don't get even farther behind.
  • PappaBunnyPappaBunny Posts: 112
    Arenas for the people still collected are a farce. Now, instead of having a good chance of landing at least a basic 4* hero that we know who it is, we now have these "rewards": lucky to be one of the top 500 players and get a 4* nexus. End up in the 1%-10% group and basically get a 4* crystal and two 3* crystals. whoopie. Since the top milestone is 2,150,000, I assume it takes at least 4 million to sniff the top spots. Nobody has that kind of time unless they are unemployed and living in Mama's basement.

And while people may say that 3 hero crystals isn't bad, it's not the same as a targeted arena, where you know the hero being offered. If it was one you wanted to get, great. If not, that's fine too. This was my main source for getting new heroes a few months after their initial release. I didn't mind that they were basic 4*. Now, it will be a never ending stream of champs, most of whom are pretty bad.
  • Smeagz23Smeagz23 Posts: 98 ★★
    This arena change is bad. The majority if people including myself play arena for units and you guys just nerfed arena when it comes to that. Please change these one way or another to help this.
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 736 ★★★★
    You didnt change anything in what champs you can use and how points are scored.
    You took 5 arenas with ~18.5m in total milestones and condensed them into 3 arenas with ~35m+ total milestones. Thats just not good, it basically needs double the effort and time invested.
  • Storm2808Storm2808 Posts: 4
    @Kabam Miike as requested I’ll attempt some constructive feedback:

-Milestones are far too high, I’m a free to play thronebreaker with 30 6*s which is a reasonably good roster but there’s no way I can compete for milestones across both arenas, let alone rank rewards. If I use all of them twice a day that gets me approx 4-4.5 million points. If I add in my r4-5 5*s I could potentially make it but I (like most players) have a job and a life and don’t want to spend 2-3 hours a day grinding arena. I’d suggest reducing the max milestone to maybe 10 million which is still high enough to require some effort but not so high it alienates players with smaller rosters which these milestones do in my opinion.

-AI is much better, very happy with it.

- The basic 2-4* arena should have at least a 3* featured champion as a milestone reward for progressing players, very little benefit for your efforts in that arena as it stands

-Battlechips & units are lacking, should be increased as you get more milestones down especially as there are less arenas to farm them in

- I’d prefer even a smaller amount of cavalier shards to grandmaster shards which are basically useless. Literally even a third of the shards but cavalier instead of grandmaster would be better

Nothing new or original these have all been mentioned already but just wanted to add my voice to those that are unhappy with the new state of arena, it’s far too exclusive and only benefits the whales. Needs improving

• Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    At think we are way past top 500 for a basic 5*, make it 1-5/10% already. There is no point being stingy with 5* champs anymore.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    edited May 2021
    the changes on the arena structure is good, just not the milestones. increasing more milestones require us to stay more in arena then necessary. today I had to cook food and play arena on the side while waiting for the food to get caramelized, waiting time to turn a Entrecote so on and i even had to play arena while eating food. This for me is not normal and never is something i normally do when i cook food. I had to do this because i couldn't afford to miss too much and pass those milestones. If the game team still want to proceed with this new arena structure then i'm all ears for that, but at least cut the milestones mark and rework the math for the resources just like it was in the old arena structure milestones rewards.

just to add extra information that it now also takes more times because the game crashes on high end phones so that something to think about. Even help request that was already clicked Help Request getting all glitched/bugged and want to be clicked again when already done that. that small things just add more excessive time already put in arena itself. So might consider to cut the milestones mark and rework the math to have the same resources from the old arena structure and everyone will be happy again...well maybe not everyone, hey.
  • XedXed Posts: 28

Kavya30 said:

16.5M for one is too much and I am a milestone grinder. I will not be able to grind for 33M. Just can’t. As an FTP, guess my hopes for July 4th are in the trash

I'm Curious: Prior to these Changes, how many Milestones across all of the Arenas did you used to complete? If you don't remember that, do you remember how many Units approx you'd earn from Milestones per Arena run?

Our goal is to keep the effort roughly the same, but of course, with reducing the number of Arenas, that's going to be difficult. With the change of the rarities allowed in each Arena, the points are definitely going to be different, but we want to keep the effort roughly the same.

If that's not the case, we want to know! We won't know that on the first day or possibly even the first run, but please keep the feedback coming.
    @Kabam Miike
    I agree with @Kavya30. I am a milestone grinder. Previously I did the 3*/4* arena and get all the milestones. I dedicated my 5* champions to the 4*/5* arena and get all the milestones. And finally dedicated all my 6* for the 4/5/6* arena and got most (not all) of the milestones since my 6* roster is limited. Now, the Summoner Trials grind is longer, the 6* featured arena grind is longer and there's no use for my 5* champions since I'm forced to use them in the featured arena (even if I did use them in the basic arena, the grind is longer). I'm forced to choose the arena I want to grind for and not get sufficient rewards for the time spent.
    Previously in 3 days I could complete all milestones from the 3/4* arenas and 4/5* arenas which resulted in more units.
    The cons: I spend way too much time grinding than in previous arenas and for the same amount of grind I get less units. I don't even feel like doing the 6* basic arena as I can use my combined 5* and 6* champions to get featured milestones done.
    The pros: Getting GM crystals. 4* featured as milestone rewards.
This discussion has been closed.