**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Watch Ads for Units

124»

Comments

• Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 267 ★★★
    No. First pop up add I see in this game will be my last.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★

which is exactly why OP said you people can't read. Reread the post fully then tell me where you saw the word popup
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 267 ★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

which is exactly why OP said you people can't read. Reread the post fully then tell me where you saw the word popup
    Forgive me, post police...
    Yes, I didn't exactly reply to OP's idea. Coz I'm against any talk of ads making their way into mcoc in general.

Anyone would be very naive to think kbm would find sponsors and let people opt out of watching at least a few seconds of ads. I don't see sponsors signing up for that either. Unless they make it be like a premium service (part of the sigil) where u pay not to see any of it.

So no (If I'm allowed an opinion..)

Crcrcrc said:

Yes, I didn't exactly reply to OP's idea. Coz I'm against any talk of ads making their way into mcoc in general.

Anyone would be very naive to think kbm would find sponsors and let people opt out of watching at least a few seconds of ads. I don't see sponsors signing up for that either. Unless they make it be like a premium service (part of the sigil) where u pay not to see any of it.

That's not what this post is suggesting, and I've seen multiple games that do exactly what this post is suggesting without any other form of ads in their game
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

What do you mean "you people?"
    Typhoon said:

Crcrcrc said:

What do you mean "you people?"
    Basically everyone who read this post from what I can tell
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian

Well, it seems the majority of the people on the forums disagree (with a bunch of people calling me an idiot while it is clear that they did not read the whole idea. I digress). People can argue that they know exactly what's going on and that Kabam is still as profitable as ever, but in reality, we have no idea. The Coronavirus has forced us to reevaulte our spending habits, which could negatively affect MCOC's revenue. (While the economy may recover, people may have found more important things to spend there money on.) Likewise, there are now reports that a new Marvel game is coming out late this year. Where do you think the player base from that game will come from? Its not gonna come from a Barbie game, I can tell you that. Again, I digess. If the game does eventually shutter, I can rest easy knowing I presented an idea that was disregarded by the community, even though it is clear that reading comprehension is not a strong suit of the MCOc community.

I find it interesting that for the purposes of supporting your idea of in-game ads you're willing to state that Kabam's revenues are going down as a statement of fact, but for the purposes of countering any statements to the contrary "we have no idea." It seems by "we" you mean "everyone else." You still seem to have a very good idea.

Let's examine those ideas one at a time. You're implying Coronavirus could have a negative impact on MCOC revenue. According to the same analysis that suggested Q1 2021 was lower than previous comparable quarters, 2020 was the highest revenue year for MCOC. So while anyone can say "yeah but what about in the future" it would be literally just making things up to say that even though 2020 was the best year ever, we should still assume Coronavirus could have a large negative impact. But let's say that this does have some future impact. People have less money to spend on things, and they will have to tighten their budgets. In that sort of environment, why would Kabam want to run in-game ads which divert their playerbase's spending towards other things? Isn't every single ad basically telling their existing playerbase to spend some of their very limited cash on something other than the game? If you think your players are going to have less cash to spend, why would you encourage them to spend it elsewhere? That seems highly counterproductive.

There is a new Marvel game coming out. There's always new Marvel games coming out. This is not the first, or the second, or the third time that's happened. To the extent that future games are a threat to MCOC, they've always been and always will be a future threat. The fact that MCOC has weathered them all so far suggests it isn't easy to steal players away from it. If anything, history shows MCOC's resilience. Of course, *eventually* something will come along and knock it off its throne, but that's the fate of all games, whether we add in-game ads or not. In fact, in-game ads could make MCOC more vulnerable to future games, because what are those ads going to be advertising? Swiffer mops? Anything that diverts eyeballs away from the game and towards something else makes the game more vulnerable to having something else steal players away. So to the extent that future games might be a threat, the one thing you don't want to do is lower player engagement from the game. While you have their attention, you want that attention focused on your game, not on other shiny things that distract them and take them away from the game. The more engaged they are in your game, the harder it is for another game to steal them away. The more they are looking at other things, the more the game experience gets diluted, and the easier it becomes for another game to steal them away. If you're spending time constantly breaking from the game to watch an ad, why not break away from the game and try out some new game?

So even if you believe the two looming threats to the game are serious threats, logically they would suggest in-game ads would be something to avoid, as in-game ads would exacerbate both threats to the game.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,083 ★★★★★

R_jay0027 said:

Why do I need to worry about Kabams earnings???

If you enjoy the game, then you should care. If it goes to low, then Kabam may stop developing MCOC, which I'm sure would upset a lot of people, many of whom are complaining about an optional ad to help boost the company. Think of it like your favorite show that got cancelled. You hate that it got cancelled and wish it had more support, but its too late now
    They will be forced to stop if they keep pissing off the community, but to be fair they are exploring these new ideas to see what would be an improvement for all. Let’s wait a bit before we judge. Also you lost me at adding ads.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    I’d rather watch an ad (as long as I physically had to search for it to do so) than the chore of grinding these new arenas, I def ain’t paying any money into the kabam profits with how bad this game has been running and it’s staff have been interacting with (or more specifically not interacting with) its player base. My units are dwindling, and my gameplay is matching it
  • VivavengerVivavenger Posts: 75
    The I love this game is that there are no ads but if they will add ads in this game than it will be suck. Bythe way I want old arena back aswell.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

Again, I already mentioned this but Transformers Forged to Fight, which is a Kabam property, has been doing this for years. They've not implementes other ads like you people are determined will happen. They simply implemented the system and left it alone. Its really not that complicated. You people are acting like its gonna start some vicious process of ads around every corner of the game. And yes, you are allowed to have an opinion, just make sure you informed before posting about it, which is obviously not the case.
    But you've overlooked the other dog is this fight.. Marvel.

Hasbro is a toy company and admittedly it isn't what it used to be so they are licensing their ip everywhere to maintain profits but they won't be offended by other games running ads because those aren't treated as direct competition.

Marvel isn't going to want an ad for a DC game, or an mmorpg that counters their direct bottom line. Also we don't know what the extents are on the exclusivity deal with Kabam for mcoc. All we know about the Marvel deal is that they get access to early sketches and designs for all the movie tie-in characters so they can begin working on the constructs but that's it. We don't know how their marketing is determined, we don't know how the revenues divided up, we don't even know if by the contract, if they're even allowed to run ads because of Marvel. So as relevant as this conversation can be, there are still a lot of details we have no access to so it's all about the speculation.
  • hermherm Posts: 415 ★★
    edited May 2021
    He's suggesting COMPLETELY OPTIONAL ads, probably the unit store section or smth, in which, once a day, you can watch a certain amount of ads to earn free units (around 5-10). This is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL. You will NOT see ads while playing normally if this feature is implemented. All this is is an opportunity for players to sacrifice a minute or two of their time to earn a few units once a day. There's not much to disagree with. If you dislike this idea, you either hate free-to-play players or have a cosmic hate for ads. So please, PLEASE, read completely before you go around spamming the disagree button. It's honestly pathetic how many of you are either functionally illiterate or just flat out assholes
    Post edited by Kabam Valiant on
  • BlaccLotus1BlaccLotus1 Posts: 15

As most of us have seen recently, Kabam's revenue over the last quarter was down. While there's likely multiple reasons for this, like the coronavirus, it still has me concerned about the future of MCOC. This led me to think of other potential revenue streams for MCOC, especially from FTP players out there. What if MCOC implemented something that gave units to watch an ad, like Transformers Forged to Fight does. Not many units, just 5 or 10 once a day to persuade players to watch it. That way, if you have a fundamental hate against ads, you wont have to watch them if you dont want to. While I continually see people complaining about the game, there is no denying that it is a great mobile game and many of us would loose on a enjoyable experience if the game shutters. Would the player base be against something like this?

They can’t even implement monthly content bug free more than 50% of the time, you want Kabam to put ads in also? Are you out of your mind?????