**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mr Negative gameplay megathread

BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
Hi everyone, I'm sure a few of you saw my Mr Negative takedown of Wolverine RoL a few days ago, and since then I've been using him non-stop and I fall more and more in love with his design, playstyle, utility and damage every fight. I'm sure you all get it where you pull a new champion and just instantly click with them, Mr Negative is that for me, and I'll be aiming to get him as a 6*, awaken and rank 3 him as soon as this new featured rolls around. I know he's not the top champion, but sometimes in MCOC it's just fun to use a champion that's not the top of their class. He has incredible utility, cool damage and an awesome playstyle, that's enough for me!

I'm still learning how to use him, but I wanted to share that journey with you all, and instead of posting new vids in new threads every so often and clogging the forum, I wanted to make a thread where I can just add in my gameplay videos, and so that in a few months when more and more people are getting Negative, there's a lot of information gathered in one place they can check out. If you get Negative from the arena in a week or so, or from crystals, please feel free to throw gameplay in here! The more the merrier.

I have also started a Line room, where anybody who is interested in Negative can join, ask questions, share their own gameplay, and I'll be posting more vids in there that I won't post to youtube. If anybody is at all interested, @ me here, comment, PM me, or my Line ID is bittersteel99 so add me there :)

I'm also going to be writing a gameplay guide over the next few weeks which I'm looking forward to getting done. I want to be a bit more confident with his playstyle before I write a guide.

If anybody is interested here is my channel link, I will be uploading my Negative gameplay there.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEfbVAA0l60Ns0WL4xwcE_Q/featured

The videos I currently have about Mr Negative are as follows:

https://youtu.be/tUCEhA0sMdo
Soloing Wolverine RoL in 45 Seconds, showing off his heal reversal. With 4 petrifies, 20 degens and despair, Mr Negative can easily get the highest heal reversal in the game I believe.

https://youtu.be/QbzAmieL3VM
Mr Negative countering Icarus. Dashing back can remove all fury buffs from yourself, no hassle, and if any degens do slip through, you have 40% degen resistance per non-damaging debuff on your opponent. So Mr Fantastic pre-fights, and the resonate mastery can really help here.

https://youtu.be/zWzlpiQxMRU
Mr Negative soloing 6.2.5 Mordo, dashing back to remove buffs is great for dealing with spite. His block proficiency passive is great here, and petrify from SP2 is a lifesaver. Also, Mr Ns evade on heavy charge counts as an intercept, so he's actually great for do not go gentle, foresight, or any other nodes/champions where an intercept is rewarded. I likely could have played better and gone for some more of those evades, but it was my first time playing the fight and I just wanted to get him to 1%.

https://youtu.be/JVkIphGV1dA
And lastly, Mr negative against Man thing boss in 6.2, Mr Negative is a great Man thing counter since he is immune to nullify, so none of those annoying armour break and poisons. Additionally, a ton of his damage is DOT which is great for countering Man thing, who ignores critical damage so big crit specials do regular damage. Power shield further increases the degen from Negative's SP2 and makes it tick at 36k!

So that's it so far, I'll be updating when I get new gameplay done. Please let me know if anyone has any questions at all, I'm more than happy to answer, or if you have any requests for where I can try him.

A few of my current idea plans for him are to solo X23 in labyrinth, to use him on some 7.2 paths and to attempt a gwenmaster solo, but I'd love to hear more suggestions! Thanks everyone, good luck getting Mr Negative!

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

bookmarking this for when I pull one in fifteen years

That's the aim of the thread lol. Best of luck! I think he's a slow burner champ, and people will end up seeing a bit more of his potential overtime
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Hm. I still need to study my Negative. I have the 6* (which is funny as I was going for Shang-Chi) and I seem to always be drowning in science catalysts. Red Guardian was supposed to be next, but if I can get Negative clicking....
  • Cats4lifeCats4life Posts: 141
    Im definitely gonna need this in 3 days because Mr. Negative is gonna be my 1st rank 2 six star and currently I am not good with him at all so thanks
    YoMoves said:

Hm. I still need to study my Negative. I have the 6* (which is funny as I was going for Shang-Chi) and I seem to always be drowning in science catalysts. Red Guardian was supposed to be next, but if I can get Negative clicking....

I'd say Negative is better than Red Guardian but I think I'm biased, I do enjoy RG, but not a fan of keeping the trauma up. I also like Negatives unique way of dealing with buffs better, since he's immune to nullify and stagger you can choose whether to keep them or not, and avoid dashing back if you want to keep them. RG sometimes suffers because you can't get buffs at all. RG is better for spite though, Negative is still great for it, but RG is better.

Either are good choices, I just think Negative has more potential

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    I really wish I got MN instead of Shang Chi as a 5*

Currently saving all my 6* shards to try and cop one from the next featured. He would definitely go to R3. Thanks for showing some excellent gameplay of him, I think his difficult playstyle is going to cause him to fly under the radar

Appreciate the prequel meme.

I'm going for featured too! I wish I'd started saving sooner, the shards from Carina's challenges would be great for that. But I spent mine on a Classic Ms marvel, Luke cage and black panther civil war...

I agree about the playstyle, it is difficult, and I know that means some won't bother with him. But I'm hoping to show that when used correctly (not that I'm using him flawlessly or anything), he can be awesome!
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★

Currently saving all my 6* shards to try and cop one from the next featured. He would definitely go to R3. Thanks for showing some excellent gameplay of him, I think his difficult playstyle is going to cause him to fly under the radar

I'm going for featured too! I wish I'd started saving sooner, the shards from Carina's challenges would be great for that. But I spent mine on a Classic Ms marvel, Luke cage and black panther civil war...

I agree about the playstyle, it is difficult, and I know that means some won't bother with him. But I'm hoping to show that when used correctly (not that I'm using him flawlessly or anything), he can be awesome!
    Oof. I’m at 65k shards right now, should be 75k by next week. I hope you get him, you clearly love him and already know how to use him

Agreed, it’s nice to see someone promoting him outside of initial gameplay. I think if people master him, he could be one of the best science champs. Lots of useful utility, incredibly versatile and some nice damage to boot!
    Okay, I wasn't going to, but after all these videos, I'm stashing for the featured too. His animations are just the best
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Okay, I wasn't going to, but after all these videos, I'm stashing for the featured too. His animations are just the best

Think I’ll do the same. I was hunting jubilee , but after 15 misses, I’m HODL, with you guys. Next 6* featured here we come.

Oof. I’m at 65k shards right now, should be 75k by next week. I hope you get him, you clearly love him and already know how to use him

Agreed, it’s nice to see someone promoting him outside of initial gameplay. I think if people master him, he could be one of the best science champs. Lots of useful utility, incredibly versatile and some nice damage to boot!
    I'd of course love to get him, but I also love having a champion to chase! I'll be spending every single 6* shard for 90 days on that featured so we will see :)

I think he's definitely up there in the science class, I think his no blocking playstyle is immensely powerful, even if the damage isn't the highest. And on demand intercepts are very good considering how often nodes with intercepts come along.
    Crcrcrc said:

Texas_11 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Think I’ll do the same. I was hunting jubilee , but after 15 misses, I’m HODL, with you guys. Next 6* featured here we come.
    Good luck guys! Wishing you all a very Negative opening!

The other thing is that there are some very good misses in that crystal if we don't get Negative. The other featured champs are great (bar Mangog), and there's rumours of Medusa and Dr Voodoo being new champions, since they showed up in the unowned 6* section

Crcrcrc said:

Texas_11 said:

Crcrcrc said:

The other thing is that there are some very good misses in that crystal if we don't get Negative. The other featured champs are great (bar Mangog), and there's rumours of Medusa and Dr Voodoo being new champions, since they showed up in the unowned 6* section
    Honestly Mangog is one of my top 3 featured pulls. I want to make him my tb rankup, idk why
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Texas_11 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Honestly Mangog is one of my top 3 featured pulls. I want to make him my tb rankup, idk why
    Tbh, Mangog is not that bad, his problem is you used his utility, you lose damage, same as others, and his phase hard to maintain if you use damage.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,071 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Looks interesting. I just took Void to r3 but immediately regretted it as I am sick of him and would have loved to take a newer champ.

P.S. When did you become a whale/dolphin and getting all the new champs? :D

Please don't say those mean words to my boi void 😥😥 I aim to r3 mine

Btw what Sig is your void.
    https://youtu.be/vdut6VA_-Uc

Here's my first new video for the thread!

I’m sure all of us who have done 6.1.6 remembers how annoying this Sym Supreme fight is. Buffed up so you need 3 buffs, Pilfer so he takes away your buffs, insane power gain from all your buffs, stagger and nullify to take away your buffs, plus hurtlocker just for good measure. Mr Negative solves literally every one of these problems
    Buffed up- 3 or 4 heavies in a row is all you need, get those furies up and you’re good to go

Pilfer/stagger/nullify- Immune to nullify, nice try Sym.. If Negative is awakened you can deal damage back to him when he tries to nullify you

Power gain- once you get to one Sp2 to fight is over, since mine is 5/65 one sp2 is all it took (plus I realised I was still boosted up from war), but even a rank 2 or 3 5* could handle this. With Negative’s 160% reversed power, Sym is essentially power locked, and any power he tries to gain is reversed.

Hurtlocker- usually, using two specials in a low is a recipe to lose 50% health, but Mr Negative has the great ability to chain on his heavy attacks directly after a special 2, so no need to worry about hurt locker- it removes the health loss timer.

I wish my Negative was a lower rank so I could try this fight again and see how he did!
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Texas_11 said:

Crcrcrc said:

To be absolutely fair, I haven't had a chance to play much with Mangog. I have him from the featured 5* crystal and I'm working on ranking him up for AW defence. I'm looking forward to having a mess around with him and seeing if there's anything there. My comment above saying he was bad is, at the moment, only based on what I've heard. But I do want to form my own opinion first!
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    edited May 2021

Crcrcrc said:

Well that’s demoralising

Is it that bad?

Lol apparently I give negative awesomes, not sure what that's about
    I mean there's a certain irony to Mr Negative getting negative Awesomes

I'm taking that as a positive
    negative - negative = positive. Nice videos!

Crcrcrc said:

Well that’s demoralising

Is it that bad?

Lol apparently I give negative awesomes, not sure what that's about
    I mean there's a certain irony to Mr Negative getting negative Awesomes

I'm taking that as a positive
    negative - negative = positive. Nice videos!
    That was my thinking too ;)

Thank you!
  • TheDaywalkerTheDaywalker Posts: 143
    Here am I wanting a 6* Mr. Negative and getting a 6* Shang-Chi instead...
    https://youtu.be/GlNkJAfvxrM

Time for another addition to my Mr Negative thread! Soloing X23 in labyrinth!

I was pretty pleased by Mr Negative's performance here. I was worried going in, Mr Negative is a very parry reliant champ, and Limber really hurts him, stun immune doesn't hurt as much and I'd actually prefer to take him against stun immune than limber. At least with Stun immune you can parry and reparry to build light energy. Here, limber makes it very tough to build to 10 light energy and convert. You'll notice I parry her sp1 a lot just to build light energy.

My game plan is to get to at least 10 light energy convert to get 10 dark energy and throw Sp2, which when you have 10 or more dark energy places two petrifies on the opponent reversing healing by 160%, plus the benefit from the degen stacks and rank 2 despair, reversing even further. After this, build to an sp2 quickly and throw it for one petrify to keep healing in check, then repeat.

I think I got average luck with regen procs while reversed, could have been better but could have been worse. This is a fight that can be over in 2 minutes with the right regen procs, or 10 mins with bad luck.

Overall, I think he's a very good heal reversal champ. He suffers from limber, so I'd avoid situations where you have to deal with that. But stun immune, or no nodes that affect stun, are ideal for him to build light energy.
  • BenichisBenichis Posts: 13
    Hey!
    I pulled Double Mr. Negetive on yesterday's offer, i was wondering what tierclass is he in your opinion? God tier? Beyond god tier? Demi?
    Other thing,
    Rotation ( how to maximize him ) and if the Signature level is important, game changing?
    Thanks?