**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Lifecycle does not belong to Uncollected EQ (at least in my opinion)

13»

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

It's a game. Most of the guys talking here are endgamers or at the very least TB folks. We know to see the nodes well, to understand them and to grasp what is and isn't needed.
    The full breakdown of nodes that you went into isn't something that a casual UC player would go into. This isn't an exam or something where casual players who aren't at that level are going to dissect the node combination and play.
    I didn't have an issue with it, but I can definitely see newer players having it.

It is a game, but it is a game moving in this direction. Even early Cavalier players don't see these kinds of node combinations in 6.1, but they run smack into them in Cavalier difficulty. My guess is that UC is becoming more complex so that the transition from Master to UC to Cav is smoother, so players start learning to deal with complex node combinations earlier, so they are better prepared for when they become much more difficult and much more essential to understand in higher content.

It is also possible we're underestimating the average UC player. The devs do datamine completion efficiency, and if completion rates drop significantly they'll almost certainly back off a bit to give players a chance to catch up. The last two months seem to have had ramped up difficulty: it will be interesting to see if that difficulty holds or goes down a bit once they've seen a couple months of data.

As I said, Blade's node combination is complex in terms of reading it, but not in terms of dealing with it. There are node combinations that are both complex to comprehend and also complex to actually play around. There should be stepping stones upward to those kinds of nodes, and this kind of node combination is a reasonable stepping stone to harder node combinations. If it can't be put in UC, the only place to put them is in Cavalier, and then we'd have the stepping stone combinations for Cavailer showing up too late to help people deal with Cavalier itself.
  • SurfinwalrusSurfinwalrus Posts: 33
    I recognise it might be a bit hard but you can look at it as a way to prepare you for cavalier
  • Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    I used killmonger, parry heavy then threw unblockable sp1
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    Again people that are Cavalier/Thronebreaker are mostly disconnected as to what is going on here. The leap from Master to Uncollected should not be this big and certainly the Uncollected nodes should not be the same as the Cavalier nodes with the only difference being the PI of the champs. It seems Kabam thinks that by making it easier to get people Uncollected more people are going to waste revives and healths with the uncollected monthly quest now which will increase their bottom line. This is not a pro player move. Kabam already creates way more than enough content for end game players. Not only did they introduce a Cavalier monthly quest but there is also variant difficulty quest and even more new content introduced this month. These node combinations are not a way to jump on to Cavalier as some have said here. Lifecycle nodes were actually easier to deal with when I became Cavalier and on my way to thronebreaker than this garbage because it did not have this node combination.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    AGYAAT said:

DawsMan said:

AGYAAT said:

Agree.. that node combination is horrible for beginners.. kabam developers have much time to make easy endgame content for Quake & ghost but they are bothering peoples like you buy making weird node combination 😡 i remember when I faced that node in uncollected monthly quest.. i use tons of resources and that was my highest spending at that time in single fight.. that node was nightmare for me so decided to not explore that quest.. i just did the one time completion (if I remember correctly there was limber on that too)😑No tips because I can't tell something new

Uhhh, quake can't do this fight and ghost is just as good as the next champion... If you are uncollected it shouldn't be too much trouble.
    Lol..you are uncollected or not? because you are saying quake can't do that... That fight can be done with any champ but it's quite horrible for beginners..
    Beginners doing uncollected? Lol
  • HilldarHilldar Posts: 194 ★★
    People need to quit crying about this. It’s not that hard and you can do it with any champ if you understand how it works. I one shot it with domino every time and she’s far from an ideal champ for it

Starhawk said:

Again people that are Cavalier/Thronebreaker are mostly disconnected as to what is going on here. The leap from Master to Uncollected should not be this big and certainly the Uncollected nodes should not be the same as the Cavalier nodes with the only difference being the PI of the champs. It seems Kabam thinks that by making it easier to get people Uncollected more people are going to waste revives and healths with the uncollected monthly quest now which will increase their bottom line. This is not a pro player move. Kabam already creates way more than enough content for end game players. Not only did they introduce a Cavalier monthly quest but there is also variant difficulty quest and even more new content introduced this month. These node combinations are not a way to jump on to Cavalier as some have said here. Lifecycle nodes were actually easier to deal with when I became Cavalier and on my way to thronebreaker than this garbage because it did not have this node combination.

I think it's the opposite. I think most people aren't taking the time to understand how the fight works. This node has nothing to do with their bottom line at all. People who say that and believe that are just terrible at the game. Sure, many haven't encountered this node before but this isn't the first time this has been done. They've been doing it for years and years.

The problem is that all these people rush in and don't read or try to understand. They get frustrated and come here to complain instead of asking for help. This isn't a hard node combination.
    I said that and I believe that I guess i must be terrible at the game thank you. I actually thought I was average more than anything...

I mean I did manage to finish one play though and a couple of days ago do 6-4-3 so I can't be as terrible as you make it sound....and I managed to do all of 6 so far without buying revives or health potions via units....but then again I've been smart enough to hoard the 4 hour crystals so I can pop a bunch to get a revive or health of i need it.

Uncollected was getting harder months ago which is why Kabam introduced Cavalier difficulty...so that they could better separate end game players who were getting bored from other players. The thing is the game has plenty of content for beginners and for end game players but not as much for players in the middle. The game has started to creep back up and this is the hardest uncollected monthly quest i've had to deal with the last couple of years. You can go ahead and think what you will be with no other way to practice these crazy combinations it will result in certain players quitting the game if a player isn't an end game player.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was a way to practice node combinations in the game...i understand you wouldn't want it to be the same character as the boss but they could have it be a random champion with specific node combination to let people practice.
  • tusharNairtusharNair Posts: 289 ★★
    Starhawk said:

Starhawk said:

I think it's the opposite. I think most people aren't taking the time to understand how the fight works. This node has nothing to do with their bottom line at all. People who say that and believe that are just terrible at the game. Sure, many haven't encountered this node before but this isn't the first time this has been done. They've been doing it for years and years.

The problem is that all these people rush in and don't read or try to understand. They get frustrated and come here to complain instead of asking for help. This isn't a hard node combination.
    I said that and I believe that I guess i must be terrible at the game thank you. I actually thought I was average more than anything...

I mean I did manage to finish one play though and a couple of days ago do 6-4-3 so I can't be as terrible as you make it sound....and I managed to do all of 6 so far without buying revives or health potions via units....but then again I've been smart enough to hoard the 4 hour crystals so I can pop a bunch to get a revive or health of i need it.

Uncollected was getting harder months ago which is why Kabam introduced Cavalier difficulty...so that they could better separate end game players who were getting bored from other players. The thing is the game has plenty of content for beginners and for end game players but not as much for players in the middle. The game has started to creep back up and this is the hardest uncollected monthly quest i've had to deal with the last couple of years. You can go ahead and think what you will be with no other way to practice these crazy combinations it will result in certain players quitting the game if a player isn't an end game player.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was a way to practice node combinations in the game...i understand you wouldn't want it to be the same character as the boss but they could have it be a random champion with specific node combination to let people practice.
    Wait, Cavalier EQ is meant for end game players?! I thought they are thronebreakers(end game players)
  • Badass84Badass84 Posts: 316 ★★★

I actually agree, Life cycle was introduced in act 6, which means this EQ will be the first time some uncollected players will come across it. I don't think it's absolutely the biggest issue, but at least in act 6, life cycle is the main issue that is presented in that quest, it's the global. So it's an introduction to it, here, there's a lot of complexity on top of life cycle.

Lifecycle has been on a miniboss in a monthly quest years ago, I think it was Aegon and later again. That node isn't that tricky.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    We had it with Gwenpool as well. The Node itself isn't too bad. It's the Blade combination that makes it narrow.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    Starhawk said:

Starhawk said:

Use the MEQ to practice. Energy is free and you have 30 days to do it. What are you going to do when you get to exploring 6.2.1 and have an entire chapter with every fight having Lifecycle as the node? You said you just did 6.4.3 so Lifecycle isn't new to you.

Everyone says players are going to quit for one reason or another, I have yet to see evidence of that. People have been saying that for nearly 7 years but here we are.
    edited June 2021

Starhawk said:

Starhawk said:

Use the MEQ to practice. Energy is free and you have 30 days to do it. What are you going to do when you get to exploring 6.2.1 and have an entire chapter with every fight having Lifecycle as the node? You said you just did 6.4.3 so Lifecycle isn't new to you.

Everyone says players are going to quit for one reason or another, I have yet to see evidence of that. People have been saying that for nearly 7 years but here we are.
    I (and others) have already mentioned the issue isn't Lifecycle on it's own. Its the combination that makes this a lot more tricky. As well I'm not talking about myself quitting but I certainly can see a lot of other people quitting over the BS combinations. In my case I see it as taking a break. I'm not going to explore this month's uncollected and instead will use it as an opportunity to get through 6-4-4 and 6-4-5 and prepare for 6-4-6 although I don't yet feel comfortable with the final boss matchup until I do more research.

I haven't touched MEQ yet. Is that node combination there or is it just life cycle? Life cycle on it's own as I said isn't the issue it's the combination....