**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Introducing your first Experience with 6-Star Champions: The Boss Rush Challenge! [UPDATED Oct 17]

Comments

• Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    Testing fights? Do or do not, there is no try. :D

The only fight is Mephisto and his reg all the rest are super easy fights.

PS - I still think Mephisto is a stupid character that has nothing to do with the balance Kabam is talking so much.
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    At least we got something for beta testing new content this time.

The borders work. Too many stars crammed in though. Maybe a new design is in order. Or maybe a number and a star. 1* 2* 6* might look better than ****** taking up half of the avatar.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    I know I posted this somewhere else but this is where it belongs:

My take away. Do the math. A rank 1 6 star will have approximately 1800 attack which is the equivalent of a rank 4 5 star. ——amazing balance for the game—— This means all our 4 star will be useless.

Block damage is approximately 400 per hit when using 4 stars.

What is the motivation left to play this game?
    1.Take away our progression.
    2. Take away our block reduction abilities.
    3. Nerf parry from 33 percent to 25 percent, now reduce timing to make it less effective.
    4. Create champs that nothing you can do can prevent you from taking damage.
    5. Nerf champs, when is 12.0 part 2 coming?
    6. Include money scam nodes from Act 5 to alliance wars.
    7. Remove defender kills to estimulate spending!
    8. Feed the 5 star pool with more champs every month so it is harder to dupe a decent champ therefore unlikely for you to progress.
    9. Make 4 stars obsolete with challenger rating.
    10. Balance the game by having 90 percent useless champs and a 10 percent handful overpowered.
    11. Nerf pure skill and scout masteries and nerver compensate or address the issue. Which masteries will be nerfed next kabam?
    12. I can go on and on and make a list of hundreds of issues.

Do you think is pleasant kabam to have a game that is meant to be fun but all you feel playing it is anger, frustration and deception?

Dont you see there is no motivation when it comes to spending for the majority of us?

Glad I retired from this burden! I am better off enjoying my life!

Literally not useless. 4*s are one CR below. Completely possible to fight a 6* with a 4*.
  • Options
    Jman2182Jman2182 Posts: 101
    Mephisto is bs with his regen and aura of incineration
  • Options
    Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited October 2017
    @DNA3000

"Challenge Rating affects the following stats:
    Armor, Armor Penetration, Critical Hit Rating, Critical Damage Rating, Critical Resistance, Block Proficiency, Block Penetration"

This is from Kabam Dorosh's post. You're telling me it's one factor, yet it affects 7 factors. That seems significant. And if it weren't significant, why would the pattern of increasing CR have changed?

And don't you find the "it's appropriate given the state of the game" comment a bit of a cop out? What does that even mean? Has Kabam shown evidence of fully understanding the state of the game and/or the way their decisions will affect gameplay and player experiences? In my nearly 2 years playing, I have only seen a handful of quality changes, and a vast array of screw ups and misfires.

I mean, we can wait and see how 6* work, but I'm betting once we see what they look like and how they perform and the impact they have on the effectiveness of other star level champs, we'll be rather disappointed. And by that time, we'll get some answer about how 6* have been introduced and won't be removed from the game, and people will just have to adjust around them, to the new reality they create. Kinda like what we're experiencing with Alliance War.

So is that your suggestion? That we take what we get and like it?

CR as a standalone is nothing. It affects how Champs interact with each other. While it affects the stats listed, it's a difference of 1-2.5% between a 4* and a 6*. There has to be a distinction between the two. Otherwise a Max 4* is the same as a 6*.

Is a max 4* the same as a 5? Or a max 3* the same as a 4? If not, then I'm afraid you're wrong.

A Max 4* is the same CR as a 5* R3. The difference being the Base Stats are slightly higher in a 5*. What you're describing displays my point exactly. There has to be a difference. At the time that CR was introduced and adjusted, it was fashioned to provide a level of challenge that fit the game at that time. So, the CR has been raised one level to provide a degree of challenge that will accommodate a new level of challenge. No matter how I explain it, it makes logical sense to have one degree of separation between a 4* and a 6*. That basically means you will have an easier time with a 5* R4 than a 4* Max. The point of different Star Levels is to have a different strength to them.

I feel like you're missing something really important here.

3* max = 4* rank 3
    4* max = 5* rank 3
    5* max = 6* rank 1

You don't think that last one is a bit odd?
    5* max = 6* rank 2, in terms of CR.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Lol i am done talking to people that have no real undersranding of the issue. Drowsyhero gets what i am saying.
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    I finished it, not going to provide any feedback on it, cause what's the point. Y'all don't listen to players anyway
  • Options
    @DNA3000

Armor, Armor Penetration, Critical Hit Rating, Critical Damage Rating, Critical Resistance, Block Proficiency, Block Penetration"

This is from Kabam Dorosh's post. You're telling me it's one factor, yet it affects 7 factors. That seems significant. And if it weren't significant, why would the pattern of increasing CR have changed?

And don't you find the "it's appropriate given the state of the game" comment a bit of a cop out? What does that even mean? Has Kabam shown evidence of fully understanding the state of the game and/or the way their decisions will affect gameplay and player experiences? In my nearly 2 years playing, I have only seen a handful of quality changes, and a vast array of screw ups and misfires.

I mean, we can wait and see how 6* work, but I'm betting once we see what they look like and how they perform and the impact they have on the effectiveness of other star level champs, we'll be rather disappointed. And by that time, we'll get some answer about how 6* have been introduced and won't be removed from the game, and people will just have to adjust around them, to the new reality they create. Kinda like what we're experiencing with Alliance War.

CR as a standalone is nothing. It affects how Champs interact with each other. While it affects the stats listed, it's a difference of 1-2.5% between a 4* and a 6*. There has to be a distinction between the two. Otherwise a Max 4* is the same as a 6*.

Is a max 4* the same as a 5? Or a max 3* the same as a 4? If not, then I'm afraid you're wrong.

A Max 4* is the same CR as a 5* R3. The difference being the Base Stats are slightly higher in a 5*. What you're describing displays my point exactly. There has to be a difference. At the time that CR was introduced and adjusted, it was fashioned to provide a level of challenge that fit the game at that time. So, the CR has been raised one level to provide a degree of challenge that will accommodate a new level of challenge. No matter how I explain it, it makes logical sense to have one degree of separation between a 4* and a 6*. That basically means you will have an easier time with a 5* R4 than a 4* Max. The point of different Star Levels is to have a different strength to them.

3* max = 4* rank 3
    4* max = 5* rank 3
    5* max = 6* rank 1

Odd, as in different than the previous two examples, then yes. It's not the same. Nothing said it would be. It's one step up. Obviously a 4* would be different than a 6*. I feel the whole linear idea is overemphasized, and the CR issue has become a bit inflated. CR is not the be-all-end-all. It's a regulating mechanic that influences how different strengths interact with each other. A difference of 10 CR is not enough to make something obsolete. Just less effective than equal or higher. About 1-2.5% less effective than that of an equal CR.
  • Options
    WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    I just took a look at the Boss rush, and was kinda surprised that beating a Boss yields 0 rewards. Has this result been the same for everyone?
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    R4GE wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Morgan wrote: »
    ForumGuy wrote: »
    Still no response, how much you guys wanna bet Miike will answer a question that is self explanatory(like a person asking why they can't do the challenge, when they're under lvl 40.) Instead of answering the important CR one.

There is no more to say about Challenge Rating. We've commented on it already, and have nothing else to add.

We among the ones who completed the challenge already stated that it's too severe on 4*r5. I run it a few more and noticed procs are non existant. Judgements, bleeds, regens are all hindered way too severely. CR needs be adjusted in a better way.

So far, I've run it once and played around with it with different champs (not to completion) twice. I don't see CR having any dramatic effect on procs. It might be reducing the rate of criticals (and thus procs dependent on crits) but that's normal and expected for a slightly higher CR. Nothing wildly out of bounds so far.

I did notice some of the wonkiness with Ghost Rider although I wasn't paying close attention to it at the time. I'll be trying again later today to see if Ghost Rider's judgments themselves are acting weird or if it is just a visual issue.

This is also what I've found. It's as I expected. It has a certain small degree of additional difficulty, but not terribly insurmountable. Their Specials and Heavies pack more of a punch. I'm pretty comfortable with the added effect so far. I have yet to see the Adrenaline aspect, as we all have.

You haven't even completed it :/

I didn't say I did. I was testing fights. The Thread is for feedback and I'm not interested in questions of skill or achievements. That's not a requirement to participate in this Forum.

Your always eluding to doing an beating stuff in game when in fact you haven't, All your posts are blatant proof that skill is not a requirement otherwise you would not be on 3,500+ posts. How many hits is it taking to kill Crossbones an blade with your 1 5\50 an other 4\40 ???
  • Options
    @DNA3000

3* max = 4* rank 3
    4* max = 5* rank 3
    5* max = 6* rank 1

Odd, as in different than the previous two examples, then yes. It's not the same. Nothing said it would be. It's one step up. Obviously a 4* would be different than a 6*. I feel the whole linear idea is overemphasized, and the CR issue has become a bit inflated. CR is not the be-all-end-all. It's a regulating mechanic that influences how different strengths interact with each other. A difference of 10 CR is not enough to make something obsolete. Just less effective than equal or higher. About 1-2.5% less effective than that of an equal CR.

You say it's one step up. I'm wondering how that works because it seems like it's 2 steps up. Why would 6* require a "step up" that isn't required for 5* or 4*? What makes it reasonable to expect that 6* would suddenly need to be granted an additional increase, beyond the increase that would have already existed based on the normal increase (i.e. the increase 3-4 and 4-5)?

That's one step up. If it had followed the same pattern, a 4* Max would equal a 5* R3 would equal a 6* R1. Instead it's one step up from that. There really is no normal increase in this instance because a 6* is something entirely new with new intentions in terms of challenge level. It's one CR higher than the latter you displayed, and what I've said is it makes perfect sense because a 4* would not equal a 6* in terms of CR. Not logically, anyway. When the current CRs were created, that was for how the game was existing at that time. Bottom line is, it's one CR above what it would be if it had followed that pattern, and all it means is that a 4* Max is one CR below a 6*. One CR variation is not a large difference. It didn't follow the same pattern, and nothing says it has to.
  • Options
    MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    Too easy and wish we could have seen the Adrenaline mechanic in 6* opponents. I went back and did it with 3* and 4* and didn't have any issues.
  • Options
    WOK wrote: »
    I just took a look at the Boss rush, and was kinda surprised that beating a Boss yields 0 rewards. Has this result been the same for everyone?

zero rewards for every champion on the path, not even a single gold. More resources they said... :D
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Just do the math. A rank 1 6 star will have 1800 attack.
  • Options
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Your always eluding to doing an beating stuff in game when in fact you haven't, All your posts are blatant proof that skill is not a requirement otherwise you would not be on 3,500+ posts. How many hits is it taking to kill Crossbones an blade with your 1 5\50 an other 4\40 ???

I too was "testing" different teams a few minutes ago, and with a Power Gain team my 4* unduped 3/30 Elektra got up to a 93 hit streak on CB, then I screwed up and got hit. He still had approx. 40%hp left. LOL

After finishing the fight I noticed that not even 1 gold is rewarded for the victory, which was dissapointing. Didn't start the next fight with Blade because I wanted to find out if in fact we only get rewards for completing, which is not going to happen with my lineup for sure.

Master Mephisto cost me the use of 4 team revives to 100%(with the addition of the soul boost). His Aura of incineration procs way too often and in many cases back to back and I have no one that could significantly counter it. Pretty sure the Boss Rush is going to be worse so odds are pretty grim for me
  • Options
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    I know I posted this somewhere else but this is where it belongs:

My take away. Do the math. A rank 1 6 star will have approximately 1800 attack which is the equivalent of a rank 4 5 star. ——amazing balance for the game—— This means all our 4 star will be useless.

Block damage is approximately 400 per hit when using 4 stars.

What is the motivation left to play this game?
    1.Take away our progression.
    2. Take away our block reduction abilities.
    3. Nerf parry from 33 percent to 25 percent, now reduce timing to make it less effective.
    4. Create champs that nothing you can do can prevent you from taking damage.
    5. Nerf champs, when is 12.0 part 2 coming?
    6. Include money scam nodes from Act 5 to alliance wars.
    7. Remove defender kills to estimulate spending!
    8. Feed the 5 star pool with more champs every month so it is harder to dupe a decent champ therefore unlikely for you to progress.
    9. Make 4 stars obsolete with challenger rating.
    10. Balance the game by having 90 percent useless champs and a 10 percent handful overpowered.
    11. Nerf pure skill and scout masteries and nerver compensate or address the issue. Which masteries will be nerfed next kabam?
    12. I can go on and on and make a list of hundreds of issues.

Do you think is pleasant kabam to have a game that is meant to be fun but all you feel playing it is anger, frustration and deception?

Dont you see there is no motivation when it comes to spending for the majority of us?

Glad I retired from this burden! I am better off enjoying my life!

I solo’d Mephisto in the Boss rush challenge with a 4/40 sig 5 4* Iceman....next argument please

While I don’t necessarily agree w the scaling of 6*....it’s silly to generalize and say 4* will now be useless against 6*.....
  • Options
    So from the consensus of comments I've read, apparently Iceman is the #1 goto option for beating Mephisto without as much difficulty. But is it possible with a 3* version??? Only one I got unfortunately and never bothered to try. :-(
  • Options
    So from the consensus of comments I've read, apparently Iceman is the #1 goto option for beating Mephisto without as much difficulty. But is it possible with a 3* version??? Only one I got unfortunately and never bothered to try. :-(

Theoretically, I'm sure it's possible. It would take longer, along with a significant amount of Baiting. L3 and you're toast.
  • Options

It's the #1 EASY option but you can also use Vision, Hulk, Elektra and Magik (probably more) and some skill. It's just... more complicated. I used Vision.
  • Options
    A difference of 10 CR is not enough to make something obsolete. Just less effective than equal or higher. About 1-2.5% less effective than that of an equal CR.
    That difference is probably not enough and I have to agree that the CR topic is pretty boring, but the concept of the 6 stars champion is (or it will be). A whole event based on 6S will make 4S obsolete just like 3S are now for AQ - AW or special events.
  • Options
    Badrose wrote: »
    A difference of 10 CR is not enough to make something obsolete. Just less effective than equal or higher. About 1-2.5% less effective than that of an equal CR.
    That difference is probably not enough and I have to agree that the CR topic is pretty boring, but the concept of the 6 stars champion is (or it will be). A whole event based on 6S will make 4S obsolete just like 3S are now for AQ - AW or special events.

I still wouldn't say obsolete. It depends on the Rank of the 6*. It could potentially be doable, but more difficult. There is also the fact that not all content is meant to be cleared with all Rosters. Many things in the game used to be difficult for us and we had to build a Roster to make it easier. The same applies for newer challenges. In a game such as this one, there's no such thing as a Roster to retire on. Meaning there will not likely be a plateau where we've Ranked enough to finish everything, for the duration of the game. It's constantly growing and evolving. Part of us growing and evolving with it requires us to build and Rank. At one time, we relied on 3*s. Then 4*s. Then 5*s. That took work to get there. Same theory here. It will take some building for some people to clear newer challenges. That's the point I'm trying to make. 4*s are not obsolete, but they won't be as effective as 5*s with 6* content. Not every aspect that is introduced is going to be doable for every Player.
  • Options

Forgive me if this double-posts. For some reason, my Edits are going to Moderation.

I still wouldn't say obsolete. It depends on the Rank of the 6*. It could potentially be doable, but more difficult. There is also the fact that not all content is meant to be cleared with all Rosters. Many things in the game used to be difficult for us and we had to build a Roster to make it easier. The same applies for newer challenges. In a game such as this one, there's no such thing as a Roster to retire on. Meaning there will not likely be a plateau where we've Ranked enough to finish everything, for the duration of the game. It's constantly growing and evolving. Part of us growing and evolving with it requires us to build and Rank. At one time, we relied on 3*s. Then 4*s. Then 5*s. That took work to get there. Same theory here. It will take some building for some people to clear newer challenges. That's the point I'm trying to make. 4*s are not obsolete, but they won't be as effective as 5*s with 6* content. Not every aspect that is introduced is going to be doable for every Player.
  • Options
    Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125

3* max = 4* rank 3
    4* max = 5* rank 3
    5* rank R 4 = 6* rank 1

Allow me to borrow your CR equivalency (edited to reflect 5* rank 4 = 6* rank 1).

The above scale would suggest that a 3* max hero can still be useful against a 5* hero, especially if the 5* hero is of a rank 1.

However, a 4* max hero is below that of the lowest ranked 6*, and this kind of suggest that 4* champs are being made obsolete with the introduction of 6*. This is why I stopped buying any 4* hero crystals or featured hero crystals when the 6* was announced. For my case, Kabam actually lost an important revenue stream, since almost all of my 100 or so 4* heroes were obtained via either the featured hero crystals (@ 150 units per crystal) or 4* hero crystals (@ 2500 units per crystal).
  • Options
    Capt_MegasauceCapt_Megasauce Posts: 138
    What I find amazing is how Kabam has done nothing to fix the unresponsiveness of swiping back (using dexterity) when the AI is executing a heavy or special attack.

Not to mention that since the last update, our champs don’t swipe back as intended like right after 12.0 dropped. Almost like every champs dashes back like Dr Voodoo.

It’s even worse with Morningstar, unless you’re the AI! Morningstars dexterity and swipe backs are the worst, especially against the Boss Rush Morningstar.

Then there’s parry and buffs/debuffs not procing or just flat out not working.

I know it’s not easy making games that have a live audience and demands live updates (at least monthly), but cmon Kabam! Really? You want to release harder content when there’s so much wrong with the game... hard to believe you when you say it’s not intentional.

Reminds me of Batista Challenge

And, before all the trolls talk about skill... I’m pretty darned skilled! If I had the money to go to NYCC I probably would’ve been on stage at the end as well.

I can also say the AI doesn’t play out the same every single time. It also isn’t playing in a way where one can strategize and become better. Somethings “up” with the coding. Doesn’t matter if it’s AQ or special events. I’d like to see all the YouTubers, aka Seatin mostly, complete this challenge with a 4 star 5/50 SL and see what he has to say about the aura of incinerate then... I’ve got a 5 star 3/35 Tech Spidey and still haven’t been able to finish this bc of Mephisto. I’ve tried 3 different setups. Including a 4* 4/40 awakened Morningstar with the Guillotine synergy.

I’ve been rather unlucky with RNGeezuz when it comes to Mephisto proccing his aura and he’s a pretty ridiculous fight IMHO.

Total fail on introducing 6 stars and getting honest feedback. Seriously Kabam, how is making stupid nodes that boost these characters to a ridiculous level supposed to mean anything? I mean, you do that every month with the event quest to build hype around the new characters only for us to find out they suck IRL after we’ve grinded our lives or money away to attain that said champ...

If you want honest feedback then make them the way they’re intended with the adrenaline so we get a real feel on how they’ll actually function. But, my guess is you can’t bc you haven’t figured out exactly how it would work yet, or the correct coding to make said ability function without screwing up the rest of the game. Instead, you reskin 5 stars, beef em up, add ridiculous nodes to the boss and hey, we’ve got ourselves a challenge!
  • Options

Forgive me if this double-posts. For some reason, my Edits are going to Moderation.

I'll try to make my point even if it's difficult for me in english, however...

"I still wouldn't say obsolete. It depends on the Rank of the 6*"

Yayyy, pretty obvious. If the event will be the same as what we seen till now, plus a 6* low level boss you are stating the obvious. But I doubt they introduced 6* for rare events, so much work for nothing? And in that case, why not simply add a level (or 2 or 3) to 5* characters? Not tomorrow, not next month, but I'm pretty damn sure next AQ season will be filled by 6* and I don't even wanna think about those damned 6* symbioids!

And what about wars? Give the allies enough time to catch few 6* to place on the buffed battleground and it's game over for the 4*

The same applies for newer challenges. In a game such as this one, there's no such thing as a Roster to retire on. Meaning there will not likely be a plateau where we've Ranked enough to finish everything, for the duration of the game. It's constantly growing and evolving. At one time, we relied on 3*s. Then 4*s. Then 5*s...

Sure... Too bad 5* and 4* use the same resources to rank characters and we spent thousands of hours (and money) grinding arenas. If (and it's not an IF but a WHEN) our 4* will be obsolete, all you can do is stop using them and see your precious earned resources spent now in a very beautiful trash can.

The didn't make us choosing. "They said" grind for this, spend for that, rank those. They even't made the so called god tiers champs available as 5*, and so we thought that having and spending on those 4* champs was the best for us and for the game. We used resources to rank what was needed to play this game and then... then 6*...

Since the day they announced the 6* I stopped ranking 4* but it's too late. I have a lot of them and most of them were alredy useless in this short event. If I have to be honest, I'm not totally against the introduction of 6* (still hate the fact to start from the beginning, maybe with a stupid IronMan), but hey, at least give us back what we spent for 4 stars! (no, it's not the beginning of the RTD request).

Hope my english was good enough.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    I think I will get through with 4/40 and not too many revives.

The block damage is pretty nasty from half arsed testing

AA
    V aou for blade

Magik for power lock
    X23 if AA falls over.

Have no specific 5th or plan for mephisto except spend spend spend, is the above team alright?

Might use some boosts and all my stash of heal pots.

Will guilly [removed, replace with "mess up"] Mephs day when he regens?
    Post edited by TenebrousTenebrific on
  • Options
    FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    The challenge was just like all the others. Beat the champs with buffed up nodes. Wouldn't matter if it's a 2* or 6* depending on how much the node is buffed.

There is no difference without the adrenaline feature on 6*