Comments

• Options
    DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

You are using the champion that node was designed for.

Warlock inflicts power burn on enemies that try to regenerate with an infection. The node gives all enemies on that line a regeneration if you are close to them when the timer runs out. Therefore, Warlock has an easy way to build his furies.

Bro I hv cleared the lane, iam saying the nodes says I will regen if I stay away from the defender, but at the same time it has passive heal block, which is kind of weird combination
    It's intended so you can't heal from the node. There are other times this node has been used without the accompanying heal block, but this time they didn't want you to heal, so instead of making a new node they just tacked on the heal block.
    Finally got a perfect reply to this. Kudos @shadow_lurker22 , all I was waiting for someone to reply this. Rather than saying me whom to use etc etc.

Wait what? This was told to you like 90 times in this thread.
    There arent even 90 comments kid, go And sleep
    Sarcasm "kid". Several people told you this multiple times. Is that better? Or do you need shadow lurker to explain it to you again the same way so you'll magically understand?
    Get better in sarcasm, that's quite outdated son
    Got me bad there. I'm going to go reexamine my entire life because of how deep that burn was.

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

Warlock inflicts power burn on enemies that try to regenerate with an infection. The node gives all enemies on that line a regeneration if you are close to them when the timer runs out. Therefore, Warlock has an easy way to build his furies.

Bro I hv cleared the lane, iam saying the nodes says I will regen if I stay away from the defender, but at the same time it has passive heal block, which is kind of weird combination
    It's intended so you can't heal from the node. There are other times this node has been used without the accompanying heal block, but this time they didn't want you to heal, so instead of making a new node they just tacked on the heal block.
    Finally got a perfect reply to this. Kudos @shadow_lurker22 , all I was waiting for someone to reply this. Rather than saying me whom to use etc etc.

Sarcasm "kid". Several people told you this multiple times. Is that better? Or do you need shadow lurker to explain it to you again the same way so you'll magically understand?
    Not gonna lie, it was explained to you quite a few times. You just didn’t seem like you wanted to accept it
    It's clear and simple what I mentioned. My post simply says why writing unecessary nodes, when it can be kept simple.

It's like they trying to put a story within a story..hope it clears your doubt.
  • Options

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

Got me bad there. I'm going to go reexamine my entire life because of how deep that burn was.
    No need mate, chill. ,😘
  • Options
    Ahhh man, all iam saying by my post, If the attacker is heal blocked then how can he regen.

@BitterSteel
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,165 ★★★★★
    DJMNH said:

DawsMan said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

Take the oceanliner of ignorance out of your eye before you harp on someone's obvious exaggeration and sarcasm.
    I said a simple thing, why write so much and create unecessary nodes, when you can litterally write stay away and avoid Defender getting regen, simple thing to clear this post mate, is it hard to understand
    Because it's an existing node and they are not going to change it just for your happiness. Why would they make a new node when they can keep an old one, you have heal block on you for different reasons not due to this one node. Oceanliner of ignorance and knowledge was an understatement.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,165 ★★★★★
    DJMNH said:

Ahhh man, all iam saying by my post, If the attacker is heal blocked then how can he regen.

@BitterSteel

HE CAN'T
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    DJMNH said:

@BitterSteel

You’re literally not supposed to. The entire point of the combination of nodes is that the defender can heal but you can’t.

This is not a complex idea to understand.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,090 ★★★★★
    You're not going to heal no matter what. Just stay away from the opponent when the timer is about to end
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    In before lock.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,700 Guardian
    DJMNH said:

DawsMan said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

Take the oceanliner of ignorance out of your eye before you harp on someone's obvious exaggeration and sarcasm.
    I said a simple thing, why write so much and create unecessary nodes, when you can litterally write stay away and avoid Defender getting regen, simple thing to clear this post mate, is it hard to understand
    The fight designer didn't write anything. They didn't create anything. They used existing nodes to create that fight, rather than create a custom set of nodes to do the same thing. This is typically what is done when designing content in games like this.

When the players were invited to create fights for the Boss Rush challenges that involved players, the players were not just allowed to dream up whatever they wanted and the developers created it. The players were handed a list of approved pre-existing nodes and asked to design the fights by combining a limited set of them (three or four). This is actually not all that dissimilar to how the actual Kabam content creators design things in the game. If the designers want to use nodes that don't yet exist, they probably don't just make them up on the spot. They probably need to go through an approval and test process for them, and they might even need to hand off the word to someone else entirely. It could be weeks or months before that new node can be used in content. So anything you can do with the existing nodes, you do with the existing nodes.

The designers literally cannot just write "do this to avoid the defender getting regen" because there's no facility to do that. They can only use existing nodes like LEGOs in their designs, or request new nodes that they can then use like LEGOs in their designs. They don't generally have the ability to freehand write any description they want into the pre-existing node definitions.
  • Options
    Bsweezy0821Bsweezy0821 Posts: 213 ★★
    slacker said:

I feel like i lost some iq when i read whole post.

Yeah I definitely felt some brain cells dying
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,700 Guardian

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

Not gonna lie, it was explained to you quite a few times. You just didn’t seem like you wanted to accept it
    It's clear and simple what I mentioned. My post simply says why writing unecessary nodes, when it can be kept simple.

You do realize that when they create a new node it isn't as simple as writing it down right? They have to program it into the game. I took some courses on very basic programming which is difficult on its own. The amount of advanced programming this company must do every month is very high considering they add new characters with nodes tailored to them, they also took on buffing 3 champions a month, as well as releasing gauntlet and summer of pain. My point is they wanted this node to work without you healing and in order to spare resources and time from programming a new node they just added 2 nodes that already exists together for the same result, which there is nothing wrong with doing. Hope this clears up any more confusion you may have and if not then I don't know what will.
    Games like this are not generally programmed like a normal program, at least not directly. The best way to understand what game designers do is to think about Excel. Excel is a program. A programmer wrote the code to Excel. However, no user of Excel programs Excel or even sees the code to Excel. Instead they create spreadsheets in Excel. Those spreadsheets use the tools that Excel contains. You can do some pretty sophisticated things in Excel with formulas and macros, but you still aren't really editing or adding to the code for Excel. You're just putting data into the cells.

The content designers generally work one level deeper than that. Someone else, the systems designers say, create the spreadsheets using Excel formulas and macros. The content designers fill in the blanks in those structured spreadsheets. Content designers are as far away from the source code of the game as accountants who fill in the blanks in a spreadsheet are from the source code of Excel.

Nodes in MCOC are assemblages of effects. The underlying mechanics of those effects were programmed into the game engine (probably in a meta layer within the engine, an additional abstraction layer). A node designer created the node using those effects. And then a content designer created a fight using those nodes.

In a small company, the node designer and the content designer could be the same person. However, they almost certainly wouldn't be doing both things at the same time, touching different layers of the game simultaneously. The tools and workflow required would probably be completely different.
  • Options

slacker said:

I feel like i lost some iq when i read whole post.

Yeah I definitely felt some brain cells dying
    Go get a doctor
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

You do realize that when they create a new node it isn't as simple as writing it down right? They have to program it into the game. I took some courses on very basic programming which is difficult on its own. The amount of advanced programming this company must do every month is very high considering they add new characters with nodes tailored to them, they also took on buffing 3 champions a month, as well as releasing gauntlet and summer of pain. My point is they wanted this node to work without you healing and in order to spare resources and time from programming a new node they just added 2 nodes that already exists together for the same result, which there is nothing wrong with doing. Hope this clears up any more confusion you may have and if not then I don't know what will.
    Games like this are not generally programmed like a normal program, at least not directly. The best way to understand what game designers do is to think about Excel. Excel is a program. A programmer wrote the code to Excel. However, no user of Excel programs Excel or even sees the code to Excel. Instead they create spreadsheets in Excel. Those spreadsheets use the tools that Excel contains. You can do some pretty sophisticated things in Excel with formulas and macros, but you still aren't really editing or adding to the code for Excel. You're just putting data into the cells.

The content designers generally work one level deeper than that. Someone else, the systems designers say, create the spreadsheets using Excel formulas and macros. The content designers fill in the blanks in those structured spreadsheets. Content designers are as far away from the source code of the game as accountants who fill in the blanks in a spreadsheet are from the source code of Excel.

Nodes in MCOC are assemblages of effects. The underlying mechanics of those effects were programmed into the game engine (probably in a meta layer within the engine, an additional abstraction layer). A node designer created the node using those effects. And then a content designer created a fight using those nodes.

In a small company, the node designer and the content designer could be the same person. However, they almost certainly wouldn't be doing both things at the same time, touching different layers of the game simultaneously. The tools and workflow required would probably be completely different.
    You are probably right but the point of my post was that it isn't as simple as writing something down.
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

You are probably right but the point of my post was that it isn't as simple as writing something down.
    I really don't know how would I hv made you all understand. I know about what the nodes says, cleared it easily, what I was trying to say all this while, the nodes combination was funny. Heal or Hide says I can regen, but at the same time heal block ain't allowing me to regen.. that's it..
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    DJMNH said:

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

I really don't know how would I hv made you all understand. I know about what the nodes says, cleared it easily, what I was trying to say all this while, the nodes combination was funny. Heal or Hide says I can regen, but at the same time heal block ain't all
    DJMNH said:

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

I really don't know how would I hv made you all understand. I know about what the nodes says, cleared it easily, what I was trying to say all this while, the nodes combination was funny. Heal or Hide says I can regen, but at the same time heal block ain't allowing me to regen.. that's it..
    Yes because heal block prevents regen. Regen however cannot bypass heal block so the heal block takes priority. Nothing weird about it.
  • Options

DJMNH said:

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

Yes because heal
    DJMNH said:

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

Yes because heal block prevents regen. Regen however cannot bypass heal block so the heal block takes priority. Nothing weird about it.
    I found it funny. thats why this post was made. But then demon guy whom I had bashed couple of weeks ago for making fun of new comers and guys who can't clear blade node. So I had wrote a long post regarding how to help them. But then he added fuel to fire
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    DJMNH said:

Typical kabam lol 😂😂😂
    It's just annoying and throws off the timing of champs

Haha you got it bro 😜 @BuggyDClown
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣We all are victim
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,075 ★★★★★
    DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

Yes because heal
    DJMNH said:

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

I found it funny. thats why this post was made. But then demon guy whom I had bashed couple of weeks ago for making fun of new comers and guys who can't clear blade node. So I had wrote a long post regarding how to help them. But then he added fuel to fire
    Lol, "bashed". Lol
  • Options
    edited June 2021

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

Yes because heal
    DJMNH said:

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

Lol, "bashed". Lol
    Would be too embarrassing for you too remember 😜 btw how do you manage so many dislike here in forum.. stil can't match your level
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,049 ★★★★★
    DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

Yes because heal
    DJMNH said:

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

The title of your post is “Please Explain.” I and many others came in to explain, as requested.

Regrettably, we did so in good faith, assuming you actually sought an explanation rather than just a spotlight with which to be a troll. This was not the case, and I’m not gonna waste any more time on it.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,075 ★★★★★
    DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

Yes because heal
    DJMNH said:

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

Lol, "bashed". Lol
    Would be too embarrassing for you too remember 😜 btw how do you manage so many dislike here in forum.. stil can't match your level

You're well on your way.

I'm way more active on the forums than you. I comment way more often than you. I wouldn't ever be embarrassed by a "bashing" from you because after posts like this, it wouldn't hold any water.
  • Options

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

Yes because heal
    DJMNH said:

DNA3000 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

DJMNH said:

Wicket329 said:

Lol, "bashed". Lol

You're well on your way.

I'm way more active on the forums than you. I comment way more often than you. I wouldn't ever be embarrassed by a "bashing" from you because after posts like this, it wouldn't hold any water.
    </blockquote

Yeah you seem so active that it seems you are way jobless