Wow that was boring

Comments

• ReferenceReference Member Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Hoodie25 said:

Reference said:

Too hard, complain. Easier, complain.
    Can OP treasure the efforts of Dev team in deciding nodes combination on these bosses? Mister Sinister just 1 out of 9 bosses only.

Sure I can, I thought Rogue was a very well-designed and engaging fight: but that’s because it was mainly a test of skill. No matter who you used (Quake not included) it took good awareness and solid technique to bring her down. And it’s precisely because I appreciate this kind of node combination that I felt let down by week 2. There are a few characters that make this fight interesting, but most of the champs that work for it either shut Sinister down with little difficulty (e.g. Archangel and Warlock) or have to slog it out through 300-400+ hits in mind-numbing fashion (e.g doom, thing, guardian). And yeah, it’s just one fight, I know it’s not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things. I just wanted to know if anyone else felt the same way (but judging from the disagrees, most of you guys enjoyed the fight, which is a good thing - I guess I just shouldn’t have used doom ¯\_(ツ)_/¯).
    Personally, I think the trick of this fight is “to turn off dex” because I’ve already built-in dex concept in my muscle and thus I can’t control myself not to dex attack. I tried AA, Warlock, Doom and Gully2099. All are ok after I turn off dex mastery. The fight is not that easy but also not as crazy as Rogue.
  • ReferenceReference Member Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Btw, SoP Rogue can be cheese through if you have 5* Ronan. Just SP2 and then chain stun with SP1.
    https://youtu.be/_QMjFBC46Jw
  • BerjibsBerjibs Member Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    I’m with you @Hoodie25 rogue was way more fun and engaging and I say this as someone who couldn’t solo her on one of my accs despite numerous attempts.

Sinister was a nothing fight, you can parry heavy your way through it with aa barely paying attention and after a few goes it will all fall into place with the debuff/neuro rng and stun timings. Good luck fluking your way through rogue. Outside of AA the biggest challenge is being bothered to change your masteries up. 🤷🏽‍♂️

• ThecurlerThecurler Member Posts: 875 ★★★★
    I agree. The rogue fight was challenging and fun. Took me loads of attempts to finally get it perfected with she hulk.
    I didn’t enjoy the Sinister fight at all. I found it tedious tbh.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,341 ★★★★★
    I did use AA for Sinister but also kept dex on. That made it interesting!
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Member Posts: 1,228 ★★★★
    👀............🤭
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

It was only boring if you used Doom ...

HT and Sunspot both soloed in around 100 hits.

Yeah it’s like taking in Wasp to beat RoL wolverine and 600 hits later saying it’s boring. When you can bring a better option and get him down in a minute.
  • VIRTUOSO47VIRTUOSO47 Member Posts: 35
    Ebony_Naw said:

They advertised the first 3 as easier fights, so I'm still giving benefit of the doubt. But I do think it odd that there was nothing overly tricky about the fight.

Wait, didn't they mean the last 6 fights would be made more challenging because of the solo objectives for TB? So, for cav players, the difficulty would stay in around the same ballpark, won't it? Except for that final fight? I got that impression when I read the post. Might be wrong, I don't know.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,322 ★★★★★

Ebony_Naw said:

They advertised the first 3 as easier fights, so I'm still giving benefit of the doubt. But I do think it odd that there was nothing overly tricky about the fight.

Wait, didn't they mean the last 6 fights would be made more challenging because of the solo objectives for TB? So, for cav players, the difficulty would stay in around the same ballpark, won't it? Except for that final fight? I got that impression when I read the post. Might be wrong, I don't know.
    I think it’s a bit of both. I think the fights will get harder AND the objectives will add an extra challenge.
  • Hoodie25Hoodie25 Member Posts: 312 ★★★

Haji_Saab said:

It was only boring if you used Doom ...

HT and Sunspot both soloed in around 100 hits.

No! Get out of here with your logic and facts! 😠
    You mean I DON'T have to use Doom?? I can challenge myself with higher skill options like Moleman, Sunspot, and Guardian? Wait!... Torch, AA, and Red Guardian too???

Begone with your nonsense! 👉
    It’s true that torch, sunspot, and maybe guardian make the fight much more engaging, but I’m not too sure about your other suggestions. Mole man is just another shock immune, I watched a solo and there wasn’t a whole lot going on. Archangel just gets the neurotoxins going and makes light work of the fight, and red guardian has nothing to worry about since he doesn’t gain buffs. So here’s my issue with the fight (again, I know most of you don’t share this opinion and that’s perfectly ok): aside from a select few champs, picking someone who can actually get sinister down (or changing your masteries as well) also removes anything really challenging about the fight. For shock immunes all you have to do is hit the guy and bait sp1, and the same goes for red guardian. For others, like warlock and archangel, sinister gets nuked down without much effort. Sure, there are fights like this all throughout the game, but it feels like it doesn’t belong in the SoP lineup in particular. But hey, if most people like it then the devs did their job, I’m just giving my own personal feedback
  • VIRTUOSO47VIRTUOSO47 Member Posts: 35
    edited June 2021
    Wicket329 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

I think it’s a bit of both. I think the fights will get harder AND the objectives will add an extra challenge.
    Oh, that may be it. For me personally, the Rogue fight was significantly harder because I only had Spider-gwen for it. Had to spend one L1 revive after about 17 tries to get him down. This Mr. Sinister one was really easy. Soloed it the third time around after turning off dex since I had an R2 6* Sunspot. I just hope I have the right counters, going forward.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Member Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    being gated from something that gives rewards like this if you know that you have the skills to do it should be an excellent motivator to become thronebreaker.

i can understand if you think the daily crystals arent worth the effort it would take to be thronebreaker, and i can understand if you dont want to spend on cyber/july4th and dont have any units so dont care about the insanely better deals, but stuff like THIS event surely must motivate you folks to knuckle down and get TB... right?

if you have the skills, prove it. get TB.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Member Posts: 7,783 ★★★★★
    No_oneuk said:

being gated from something that gives rewards like this if you know that you have the skills to do it should be an excellent motivator to become thronebreaker.

i can understand if you think the daily crystals arent worth the effort it would take to be thronebreaker, and i can understand if you dont want to spend on cyber/july4th and dont have any units so dont care about the insanely better deals, but stuff like THIS event surely must motivate you folks to knuckle down and get TB... right?

Wrong thread I think.
  • DawsManDawsMan Member Posts: 2,169 ★★★★★

No_oneuk said:

Wrong thread I think.
    I don't think it is.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Member Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★

No_oneuk said:

Wrong thread I think.
    LOL you're right!! Whoops!!
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Member Posts: 7,783 ★★★★★
    No_oneuk said:

No_oneuk said:

Wrong thread I think.
    LOL you're right!! Whoops!!
    Lol I've made the same mistake so many times when there are two similar threads.
  • StarheckStarheck Member Posts: 25
    Complain boring when others dont have the required champ, lulz
  • AburaeesAburaees Member Posts: 514 ★★★
    I heard the next one is going to be Ebony Maw on ‘Crit me with your best shot’.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Member Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Aburaees said:

Spelthy laughs at that placement
  • Will3808Will3808 Member Posts: 3,737 ★★★★★

It was genuinely really Fun with Guardian... Really Tests your Parry Skills, and it rewards you by taking 0 Damage.

I felt the same as this.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Member Posts: 3,112 ★★★★★
    I forgot the part where kabam stated this would be the summer of fun. Keep in mind it’s only week 2…… be happy its easy now.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Member Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Aburaees said:

Spelthy laughs at that placement
    Wasp. :D