**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ronin Changes

Comments

• FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Well for everyone who just disagrees and doesn’t explain, what did we want? I don’t understand
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

Well people were crying that he does not need any kind of buff. Maybe kabam acknowledged this and made last minute changes to keep him almost same........ Now people are crying that he did not got a good buff....

We are complaining because it's a waste of a buff spot.
    So who would you have wanted in his place? And remember it has to be a lateral choice, you can't change it into a moderate update or overhaul in its place.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    It looks like Ronin will remain in the “not quite viable” category. I should note that Bishop is going to need a bit more than some bumped numbers to be viable. I don’t care what anybody says, I dread using him even in arena due to his tendency to tickle most opponents. His only real utility seems to be energy resist, and it’s not even that much resist.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Catmanndo said:

So lackluster, my excitement for waiting on buffs has become completely numb. Nova, DDHK and now Ronin, does Kabam think these changes are enough for players to invest end user resources on? I was optimistically expecting better…

These Buffs are not solely for End Game players. In fact, I think if could be said they're not really aimed at End Game players at all. Giving more players more options for Champions to deal with certain Challenges really benefits players with a smaller roster, though you'll still get a Champion update every now and then that really skyrockets a Champion to the top of everybody's Roster.
    But you guys didn't change anything much that'll make Ronin suddenly more valuable to progressing players than he was before. Adding additional crit rating makes barely a difference and the evade won't be useful anyways most of time because parry and dex exist. Sure it might come useful in the odd scenario when someone accidentally gets hit and that's about it with this buff. No progressing player is going to use him for AAR because it's DAAR and you have to special 1 spam for that meaning no big furies and if you need DAAR from the start of the fight, well...

If this buff was meant for progressing players, the ramp up and playstyle overall should have been made less stressful, if this was meant for endgame rosters, some utility or something should have been added. This buff is none of those and brings an improvement to either people's roster by a very slight margin.

I think the point is that everyone doesn’t have an extensive roster so they have to make do with what they have. A good example of this value only bath was human torch it took them from being complete garbage to one of the top chance in the game. Wait to see what the buff looks like.
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★
    I think the buff category "numbers only" is a bit misleading here. Definitely not just numbers.