**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I sell 4* champs.

13»

Comments

• Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,149 ★★★★★
    I have plenty of gold and iso so I would rank up to r3 and sell groot or colossus every chance I get. Then my worst nightmare came true. I sold 4* groot and got 5* groot. LOL
  • Options
    Repto23Repto23 Posts: 741 ★★★
    @Stewman it's all about long term, eventually you will earn more from not selling. You can make quicker shards your way but i prefer the collection anyway
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    I sell my trash 4*s
  • Options
    spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★
    Stewman wrote: »
    I know this will be blasphemy to some of you. But selling 4* champs if they aren't duped isn't the end of the world. I honestly believe its a decent idea, But only if you take them to r3 first and you can afford to waste the other resources that it cost to rank them.
    You net more 5* shards by selling champs at r3 than you would by pulling the same champ 6 times.
    There are several champs out there that I take to r3 for level up events and immediately sell for the shards. Mags mn, she-hulk, SG, OML, Joe Fix it, Ms M (KK) and the list goes on.

The name of the game now is to maximize 5* shards. And this is how I do it.

Example
    She hulk r3 sold for 425 shards x 6 = 2550 5* shards

She hulk pulled and duped 6 times= 275 x 5 =1375 5* shards
    then at max sig you (potentially not guaranteed) would get 275 more shards per pull with the max sig crystal = 550 shards
    So you would have to pull She hulk 8 times to equal the same amount of shards and selling her 6 times.
    If you sold her 8 times you would still be at 3400 shards, so you still would be ahead a thousand shards.

Basically selling 4*champs are only worth it if they are at r3.
    I however don't think selling them at r4 is worth it with the current shortage of t4b and t1a.

I am now bracing for the sure to ensue roasting.

Do you know how many 4 star shards, iso, and catalysts go down the drain when you do such a thing?
  • Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    I know this will be blasphemy to some of you. But selling 4* champs if they aren't duped isn't the end of the world. I honestly believe its a decent idea, But only if you take them to r3 first and you can afford to waste the other resources that it cost to rank them.
    You net more 5* shards by selling champs at r3 than you would by pulling the same champ 6 times.
    There are several champs out there that I take to r3 for level up events and immediately sell for the shards. Mags mn, she-hulk, SG, OML, Joe Fix it, Ms M (KK) and the list goes on.

Example

then at max sig you (potentially not guaranteed) would get 275 more shards per pull with the max sig crystal = 550 shards
    So you would have to pull She hulk 8 times to equal the same amount of shards and selling her 6 times.
    If you sold her 8 times you would still be at 3400 shards, so you still would be ahead a thousand shards.

I however don't think selling them at r4 is worth it with the current shortage of t4b and t1a.

ajhmidhzj4r8.gif
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited October 2018
    I've read both sides of the argument in detail and I think it's safe to say that selling champs regularly is unwise in any stage of the game, unless you are planning to quit soon.

The grind to get the resources to rank the champ upto r3, just piles on and all you get is a meager 425 odd shards
  • Options
    BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334
    edited October 2018
    All wrong. Only thing that made sense was ranking any champ before selling. Equivalent of 4* r3. (Save your t4s)

That said. Sell them ALL. (Exception God Tier & Favorites)

I’ve sold 4* r4 once and one 4* r5 I never used, even though it hurt a lil, I duped my MS, made her SO much better and gained a champ I intend on using.
    Also keep unique synergies in mind.

If you have 4* champs, you will never use the 2 & 3* versions. 5* Champs? Same applies. Sell every 3 &!4* you can sell, get more, rank and sell them. Only way to gain 6* crystals is by duping a 5* or running epic event. Awaken 5* for full potential, better team.

This is only good advice if you NEVER run, or intentd on running in Arena/VS.
  • Options
    StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★

Example

Do you know how many 4 star shards, iso, and catalysts go down the drain when you do such a thing?

oh... you mean like the math explained above in earlier comments?? Yes I am aware.

I am almost 800k rating
    8200 prestige
    over 60 5*s
    Have what I need for another 5/65
    8 mil in gold

So say what you want. But this method worked for me.
    Almost all of my 4*s are sig 99 now
    I am unconcerned with the gold and cats I "wasted"
    Besides like stated above I don't really do it anymore because their isn't really a need for it.

and who in the world plays 4* arena anymore? But when I do my 33 5/50 are all I need.

• Options
    ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    Sold my 4* deadpool x force bc I was on 9999 5* shards. Got blade. #noregrets
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★
    Funny how some old threads come back from the dead, isn't it?

Selling champs can make sense for some people, at some times. I agree that ranking to 3/30 and selling can be useful; particularly since as a solo player that lets me convert my massive stockpile of Iso and Gold into 5* shards and (assuming I take advantage of Level Up Daily Events) a few extra credits.

I don't sell many; but remember the maths can be very different if your champ isn't in the standard PHC/4* crystal.

You're never getting a Max Sig crystal for the 4* Rhino, Ronan and Cyclops you get from RoL, after all. And all three are available as 5* champs; so they're definitely candidates for a quick sale.