Summ(on)er Event

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

grfvb said:

DNA3000 said:

Warlockjr said:

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit Hey u guys know that prof hoff made a video and said that u doing the resort bundles make him sick to his stomach :lol:

They made me slightly dizzy for a few minutes until I figured them all out, but I'm feeling much better now.

have you also figured out if i miss a day of objective. i cant make the last milestone? aka no grace period?
    There are 98 milestones in the Camp and Resort events, and 98 days during the time period the event is on. That sounds like there are no grace days if you are attempting to max out all the event milestones.

My guess is that is why the extra booster purchases exist. If during the event you miss a day or two, you'll have an opportunity to buy a pack of points, basically, to make up the difference if you choose to do so.
    Now what if someone buys the booster each week to get 7 days of milestones, and already had the pass plus. How many extra shards would they be getting by the end?

Not that I'm going to do that, but I'm curious.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,302 Guardian
    ItsDamien said:

DNA3000 said:

grfvb said:

DNA3000 said:

Warlockjr said:

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit Hey u guys know that prof hoff made a video and said that u doing the resort bundles make him sick to his stomach :lol:

They made me slightly dizzy for a few minutes until I figured them all out, but I'm feeling much better now.

have you also figured out if i miss a day of objective. i cant make the last milestone? aka no grace period?
    There are 98 milestones in the Camp and Resort events, and 98 days during the time period the event is on. That sounds like there are no grace days if you are attempting to max out all the event milestones.

My guess is that is why the extra booster purchases exist. If during the event you miss a day or two, you'll have an opportunity to buy a pack of points, basically, to make up the difference if you choose to do so.
    Now what if someone buys the booster each week to get 7 days of milestones, and already had the pass plus. How many extra shards would they be getting by the end?

The announcement doesn't list a maximum milestone tier for the bonus shards. If there is no limit, then presumably the maximum number you could get is 98. This would cost $65 USD for 13 weekly booster packs, plus the extra five bucks (US) you'd have paid to get the plus pack in the first place, which would then grant 9800 6* shards for Cav players, 9800 5* shards for Uncollected players, and 4900 4* shards for everyone below.

If there is an explicit cap in the bonus shards event, I haven't seen it announced anywhere yet.

$70 for a 6* crystal is not high, or low. I don't think I will be doing that, but for whales buying every crystal in sight anyway it is not bad value. I wouldn't recommend it for normal humans playing the game though.
    Logan said:

Whoever spends 40 hours a week coming up with this stuff should be fired. Nothing creative here and confusion all around.

Technically, it created a lot of confusion.
    DNA3000 said:

ItsDamien said:

DNA3000 said:

grfvb said:

DNA3000 said:

Warlockjr said:

The announcement doesn't list a maximum milestone tier for the bonus shards. If there is no limit, then presumably the maximum number you could get is 98. This would cost $65 USD for 13 weekly booster packs, plus the extra five bucks (US) you'd have paid to get the plus pack in the first place, which would then grant 9800 6* shards for Cav players, 9800 5* shards for Uncollected players, and 4900 4* shards for everyone below.

If there is an explicit cap in the bonus shards event, I haven't seen it announced anywhere yet.

$70 for a 6* crystal is not high, or low. I don't think I will be doing that, but for whales buying every crystal in sight anyway it is not bad value. I wouldn't recommend it for normal humans playing the game though.
    Yeah I did some napkin math with my very tired brain, and assuming that you can only buy 1 booster per week (if Kabam hates money or something) then at 14 weeks of milestones, 7 of those would be boosted, and then it's 4900 6* shards for $35. Not great. Not terrible either.
  • QfuryQfury Member Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

DNA3000 said:

ItsDamien said:

DNA3000 said:

grfvb said:

DNA3000 said:

Warlockjr said:

Yeah I did some napkin math with my very tired brain, and assuming that you can only buy 1 booster per week (if Kabam hates money or something) then at 14 weeks of milestones, 7 of those would be boosted, and then it's 4900 6* shards for $35. Not great. Not terrible either.
    So let me get this straight, all the resort extra is just to get the milestones a week early?

I'm confused. The more I read and to try and understand it the more my head spins.
    Qfury said:

ItsDamien said:

DNA3000 said:

ItsDamien said:

DNA3000 said:

grfvb said:

DNA3000 said:

Warlockjr said:

So let me get this straight, all the resort extra is just to get the milestones a week early?

I'm confused. The more I read and to try and understand it the more my head spins.
    Okay I'll try and break it down. But I am tired so excuse any mistakes.

The Resort Pass gives access to the paid milestones only. These milestones reward pretty much the same as the base milestones essentially doubling the totals.

The Resort Pass Plus gives the same, plus advances you one week in the milestones with a booster. So you end the milestones a week early. When you end early, each day you can earn extra shards.

Starting next week you'll be able to buy additional boosters for the cost of a Parkers Wallet to progress another week in advance, thus reaching the final milestone even earlier and earning more shards, again for each day that the even runs while having all milestones completed.
    Qfury said:

ItsDamien said:

DNA3000 said:

ItsDamien said:

DNA3000 said:

grfvb said:

DNA3000 said:

Warlockjr said:

There are 98 milestones total in the Camp and Resort events. You can earn one point per day for 98 days by completing the daily objectives. If you do all of them every day, you'll get all 98 milestones.

If you miss a day, you'll end up with 97. You won't get the last milestone in either event. As the last milestone in each event includes 500 units, you might care. If you bought the Resort Plus pack, it gives you seven extra points. So instead of finishing with 97 points, you'd be finishing with 98 points and six potential points left over. You could miss six more days and still complete all the milestones.

If you don't miss any days, then you'll get all 98 milestones sooner than anyone who doesn't buy any of the boosters. You'll also have the opportunity to earn some shards if you want to keep doing objectives past the point where you've completed everything in the Camp and Resort events.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Member Posts: 1,457 ★★★★★
    Before considering getting the Pass Plus, what are the extra objectives rewards?
  • Crine60Crine60 Member Posts: 1,412 ★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Kabam Boo said:

am really hoping I can get the Plus Pass without having to buy the regular Pass first...

You can! Passes are limited to 1 per Summoner, which means you can either have the Pass or the Pass Plus. So, you can definitely get the Pass Plus straight away! Hope this helps! :)
    Definitely include that in the OP next time.... some people may have messed up today... I know a guy.....
    My apologies that it was not more obvious, @Demonzfyre ...
    We have noted this and will certainly pass this sentiment along to the team.
    Not to be rude but it isn't that it was not obvious enough, it is that it was not obvious at all the way you guys made the post here. There was nothing saying it was 1 or the other (not that I personally care, I won't be purchasing either one but it was poor communication and unfair to those who are buying it).
    Siliyo said:

Before considering getting the Pass Plus, what are the extra objectives rewards?

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,765 ★★★★★
    Crine60 said:

Kabam Boo said:

Kabam Boo said:

am really hoping I can get the Plus Pass without having to buy the regular Pass first...

You can! Passes are limited to 1 per Summoner, which means you can either have the Pass or the Pass Plus. So, you can definitely get the Pass Plus straight away! Hope this helps! :)
    Definitely include that in the OP next time.... some people may have messed up today... I know a guy.....
    My apologies that it was not more obvious, @Demonzfyre ...
    We have noted this and will certainly pass this sentiment along to the team.
    Not to be rude but it isn't that it was not obvious enough, it is that it was not obvious at all the way you guys made the post here. There was nothing saying it was 1 or the other (not that I personally care, I won't be purchasing either one but it was poor communication and unfair to those who are buying it).
    It's alright. They found a way to fix it pretty fast. No biggie.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Member Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

FineDog said:

FineDog said:

F2P players get 14 bundles in total. It is till the 3 T2A in 5th row.

14 bundles only gets you to the 5* AG crystal in the 4th row. That reward requires you to have spent 13 tokens already, so it would be your 14th. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, which is possible because I'm honestly kind of confused.

Oh yes, my bad. It will get you till the 4 star generic AG. Not even T1A or T2A. Seriously s**ks.
    There's 5 T1A and 2 T2A in the third row so you can still get some, but it depends on if you have the right tokens, which is the confusing part, because you only get a certain number of each token and you'll likely have to spend some of them to unlock subsequent tiers and that's going to require some math I don't feel like doing right now.

Let me see if i can help you. From the camp, you get these many tokens of each,

And, you get them in this order of milestone,

So, first you get the first 4 tokens, buy which ever bundle you want, from the 4 unlocked ones. Keep in mind you would be using tokens from future items. So dont go buying all 7 of the 4 star frags...haha..

Buy 4 bundles, and you unlock t4cc selector. then buy t4cc selector (or any other bundle from the unlocked ones), and you would have spent 5 tokens, unlocking 5 star sig stones.

You buy one more bundle, and you unlock t4b. And so on... To see how many tokens need to be spent, click on the bundle and it will show how many need to be spent. For ex. the 11k 5 star shards need you to spend 7 or more tokens. Now you can buy one of each bundle before it, or multiple ones from the first row.

So as you go on spending tokens, you unlock more bundles. By the end of event, you would have got 14 tokens, and spent 13 (assuming this). The last token (from last milestone) being an AG, you'll get to buy the 5 star AG crystal. That's it for F2P. To buy the 4 star AG, you will have it unlocked, but you will need the token, which you'd get from the resort pass milestones.

Hope this clarifies!
    So if I'm understanding this correctly, if you Bought the Resort Pass and got Every Available Token, you would be able to get Every Item In The Store *as long as* at the start when spending 4 Tokens you spend 1 Catalyst Token, 0 Champion/Crystal Tokens, 2 Sig Stone Tokens, and 1 Awakening Gem Token. Right?

Cause if you add up the cost of every Locked Item it leaves you with 2 Spare Sig Stone Tokens, 1 Spare Catalyst and Awakening Gem Token, and 0 Champion/Crystal Tokens.
    This Is Wrong!
    I Miscounted, you just have to buy 1 of each of the First 4 Items to get Everything. Just make sure you don't buy more than 1 of those First 4 Items (unless you are Below Cavalier in which case the 2 Tokens that would be spent on Cavalier Locked Items can be spent on those First Items which can be bought multiple times.
  • BEANBOT714BEANBOT714 Member Posts: 32
    Questions: 1. when you complete the solo objectives, you get glasses, do they have a purpose?
    2. How will we get so many tokens if the milestones don’t give that many tokens AKA how will we get the 27 (i think) to get the last rewards?
  • Jordan9859Jordan9859 Member Posts: 4
    Yeah this is what I don’t understand. No way do the tokens in the milestones add up to what you need to spend to unlock the 6* shards etc. what am I missing?

Questions: 1. when you complete the solo objectives, you get glasses, do they have a purpose?
    2. How will we get so many tokens if the milestones don’t give that many tokens AKA how will we get the 27 (i think) to get the last rewards?

• StronstVngrStronstVngr Member Posts: 199
    I'm sorry Kabam, but you guys screwed the pooch on this one. This is about as far from Summoner appreciation as you can possibly get. Whoever it was that came up with this "pass" idea needs to be fired. An additional pay wall? REALLY!?
    PLEASE bring back the summoner appreciation calendar. That was much better, and EVERYONE benefited. Not just the whales.

Yeah this is what I don’t understand. No way do the tokens in the milestones add up to what you need to spend to unlock the 6* shards etc. what am I missing?

If you are a free to play player, you're basically going to get (assuming you log in every day) all 98 rewards in the Summer Camp event plus the first fourteen rewards in the Canteen store (assuming you qualify for the progress-locked ones - if not you'll get multiples of some lower reward).

The players who pay for the Resort pass will additionally get the 98 rewards in the Resort event and the other fourteen rewards in the Canteen store. So in the case of 6* shards, free to play players will be able to get the 6400 6* shards in item thirteen (assuming Uncollected or higher). Paying players will be able to get an additional 8600 6* shards from the other fourteen store items.
  • Jordan9859Jordan9859 Member Posts: 4

But I’m still confused where are all these tokens supposed to come from? The milestones don’t give enough out. This says you have to spend 26 just to unlock this one reward.

But I’m still confused where are all these tokens supposed to come from? The milestones don’t give enough out. This says you have to spend 26 just to unlock this one reward.

There are fourteen tokens in the Summoner Camp event. That equates to the fourteen rewards a free to play player can obtain. There are fourteen tokens in the Summoner Resort event. That gives paying players the ability to obtain the other fourteen rewards in the Canteen store.

Fourteen for free players, another fourteen for paying players.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Member Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

There are fourteen tokens in the Summoner Camp event. That equates to the fourteen rewards a free to play player can obtain. There are fourteen tokens in the Summoner Resort event. That gives paying players the ability to obtain the other fourteen rewards in the Canteen store.

Fourteen for free players, another fourteen for paying players.
    I was just about to comment this. Seems pretty uncomplicated. FTP - Buy the first 14 items. Pay more and buy the next 14 items. This is actually tempting me to buy the pass. ngl.
    With all the talk of Uncollected players getting shafted everywhere, they have so much in the canteen store. They get access to cav crystals, sig star 6 stones, T5cc, all the materials to rank up 6 stars that conquerors don't have access to if you buy the additional pass. They get access to 6400 6 star shards as FTP which conquerors don't. How is uncollected the new conqueror? :D
  • BEANBOT714BEANBOT714 Member Posts: 32

Okay so wow. Where do i even start. This whole thing been giving me a big headache. But let me try. So if i understand correctly you will have enough tokens to buy 1 of each item available assuming you bought the pass which i did.
    I see some above me saying you can buy every item but thats not true if i understand right as the top row you can get more then 1of the same item. In other words dont buy that if you plan to get the valuable rewards. Feel free to correct me here its just how ive understood it.

Now the 2nd thing i wonder about is that i bought the pass when i ment to buy the pass +. Was just in my own world and must have pressed the wrong, i see that there is supposed to be a booster thingy available to upgrade to the + but that doesnt show up anywhere in game, so what am i missing here?

The booster thing comes out on the 14th (my birthday yay) but I’m still confused on what it really is too

Okay so wow. Where do i even start. This whole thing been giving me a big headache. But let me try. So if i understand correctly you will have enough tokens to buy 1 of each item available assuming you bought the pass which i did.
    I see some above me saying you can buy every item but thats not true if i understand right as the top row you can get more then 1of the same item. In other words dont buy that if you plan to get the valuable rewards. Feel free to correct me here its just how ive understood it.

Now the 2nd thing i wonder about is that i bought the pass when i ment to buy the pass +. Was just in my own world and must have pressed the wrong, i see that there is supposed to be a booster thingy available to upgrade to the + but that doesnt show up anywhere in game, so what am i missing here?

I will correct that. I actually did not see the limit. I thought everything was a limit of 1. So, as an ftp, buy only 1 of each of the 4 items at the top. You CA. Only buy a total of 14 items as ftp and 28 items if you buy the pass. If you buy more of the lower tiers, you will lose the big rewards at the end. I think thats how it works.
  • slackerslacker Member Posts: 774 ★★★★
    So i am wrong or this is basiclly a battle pass ?

Pulyaman said:

I will correct that. I actually did not see the limit. I thought everything was a limit of 1. So, as an ftp, buy only 1 of each of the 4 items at the top. You CA. Only buy a total of 14 items as ftp and 28 items if you buy the pass. If you buy more of the lower tiers, you will lose the big rewards at the end. I think thats how it works.
    You didnt correct it. Just said the same thing i did pretty much
    I meant I will correct my original statement. I though we could buy only one of each since after the first row, everything is a limit of 1.

I cant actually see anything in game indicating i even have the pass now. Mods need to be clearer on all of this. There are some many people left confused by all of this

I have not bought it, so I don't know. But, can't you see it in the milestone rewards? You are supposed to unlock the first milestone after buying the pass right?
  • SiliyoSiliyo Member Posts: 1,457 ★★★★★
    Ok so if I’m getting this right:
    - there are 14 rewards for FTP players
    - there are 14 additional rewards for those who get the Resort Pass
    - there are additional shards and special objectives for those who get the Resort Pass Plus

Does that sound right?
  • JessieSJessieS Member Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    So can someone correct if I get this right because the explanation news confusing . I am only interested in free stuff . So if I got this right we need to do this objectives everyday

Which will give us points for this

Where we get the tokens needed to use this shop

And in this shop we can’t purchase actually useful items like 6 shards until we have spent tokens on crappy stuff . Is this correct

How many tokens can FTP players get ? Will the great rewards remain only for paid players ?

Also would be grateful if someone tells me if I missed something