**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Summ(on)er Event

Comments

• Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Qfury said:

As kabam Mike previously said.
    This Is a battle pass kinda thing, I for one think this is a bad sign of things to come..

Yes we get "free rewards" but if you want the extra good stuff you've gotta pay up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not free to play, I've spent a good chunk of money on this game (mainly on July 4th/cyber Monday) but if it's at the point now where it's every month you've gotta pay X amount to get the extra good stuff I'm not okay with that, I for one see this as a very slippery slope.

Do we have to buy it, no.

I'm just stating that this doesn't look good for the future of the game.

"I would be concerned if there was a significant amount of content locked behind that pass"

This is the slippery slope I'm talking about. I might not happen. It might.

Future content locked behind a paywall.

I'll just sit in the corner with my tinfoil hat
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Qfury said:

"I would be concerned if there was a significant amount of content locked behind that pass"

This is the slippery slope I'm talking about. I might not happen. It might.

Future content locked behind a paywall.

I'll just sit in the corner with my tinfoil hat

Why is the resort pass on that slippery slope, but the cash offers themselves not on that slippery slope? Weren't we on that slippery slope on launch day? If the resort pass changes things, what makes the resort pass sufficiently more slippery that it warrants extra scrutiny?
  • Options
    MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 174 ★★
    DNA3000. I totally understand and agree with you on your comment. My concern was that (you and I both know) a cavalier or higher will accidentally purchase another token item from the first row and then come onto the forum screaming at the mods. It's a vicious cycle.
  • Options
    Kaycg1Kaycg1 Posts: 257
    edited July 2021
    Why would you spend on this game for anything at this point? They can’t even fix parry. They can fix any issue that is an advantage to the player in an hour but parry is broke. Better leave it that way for awhile. But keep giving them your money. Makes sense to me….Oh and that bishop on mixmaster in map 7. Great move Kabam. Well done.

• Options
    UnitmanUnitman Posts: 241 ★★
    are the 100 shards a day something awarded per day or are they lumped in to something you use a token to unlock? where me shaaaards
  • Options

Still waiting for answer on the resort + booster as i purchased the wrong one. Says in the updated announcement here that it should be available but its not

*Maybe* it doesn't matter so much. If they are going to be selling boosters weekly, and those milestone boosters function identically to the booster that was included in the Plus pack, then people who intended to buy the Plus Pass package could just wait for the first weekly booster to arrive and buy that, and that would be in effect identical to having bought the Plus Pass initially.

This is based on two assumptions I'm making, that a) the Plus Pass is just the resort pass plus a seven milestone booster, and b) that the weekly boosters offer no benefit beyond being packages of seven milestone points. If so, then I think there's no real difference between buying the Plus package originally and buying the standard pass package plus any one of the weekly boosters.

Well, there's also a third assumption: that most people wouldn't deliberately buy the Plus package and all of the weekly boosters just to get the 6* bonus shards for like $70 USD. Anyone who was thinking of doing that and also accidentally bought the standard package would want to buy the additional plus add on that Kabam mentioned would be coming, so as to buy the maximum amount of stuff.
  • Options
    TheBroskySlayTheBroskySlay Posts: 21
    We still don’t know if the regular pass will allow you to claim the final Milestone which has the 500 units and the very important blue token.

As the announcement describes it seems like that’s intended for the pass plus holder but makes a huge difference in rewards from the canteen.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Transparency this is garbage compared to previous summoner appreciation. You turned an event that was done to recognize the players dedication to your game into a way to try and milk some money.

Well done for ruining a standing tradition for multiple years.
  • Options

We still don’t know if the regular pass will allow you to claim the final Milestone which has the 500 units and the very important blue token.

As the announcement describes it seems like that’s intended for the pass plus holder but makes a huge difference in rewards from the canteen.

That's just some slightly clumsy wording. To unlock the bonus shard objectives you need to complete the final milestone of the regular events first. It says "Purchase required" because the only way to actually earn any shards in the bonus shard milestone event is to unlock it *before* the end of the event. If you unlock it on the last day, you can't earn any more objectives for shards.

Technically, you can unlock the bonus shards without spending. But you can't get any bonus shards without spending. So the announcement was revised to include the "Purchase required" part to clarify this for players who were wondering how to obtain those bonus shards.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Timone147 said:

Transparency this is garbage compared to previous summoner appreciation. You turned an event that was done to recognize the players dedication to your game into a way to try and milk some money.

They turned an event that handed more rewards out for free for doing nothing than most players could earn in a year of playing, and changed it into an event that rewarded players who actually played the game more and rewarded players who actually spend to support the game even more.

I enjoyed the Summoner Appreciation Calendar, in the same way I enjoyed gorging on Halloween candy when I was eight. Looking back on it now, I wouldn't change it, but neither am I interested in reviving the tradition.
    It’s not about that… they locked rewards behind a paywall. Simple and clean that the reason I am against it. Not 10 fights a day that any active player does or even someone can auto fight.

And let’s be real that tradition was started by missteps taken by kabam that pushed the community to the brink in order to make up for those mistakes. I do think the trend I’ve started to see emerging again since the bad quarters will have us back where it was last year by beginning of summer next year.
  • Options
    TatteshwarTatteshwar Posts: 199 ★★★
    Timone147 said:

DNA3000 said:

Timone147 said:

They turned an event that handed more rewards out for free for doing nothing than most players could earn in a year of playing, and changed it into an event that rewarded players who actually played the game more and rewarded players who actually spend to support the game even more.

I enjoyed the Summoner Appreciation Calendar, in the same way I enjoyed gorging on Halloween candy when I was eight. Looking back on it now, I wouldn't change it, but neither am I interested in reviving the tradition.
    It’s not about that… they locked rewards behind a paywall. Simple and clean that the reason I am against it. Not 10 fights a day that any active player does or even someone can auto fight.

And let’s be real that tradition was started by missteps taken by kabam that pushed the community to the brink in order to make up for those mistakes. I do think the trend I’ve started to see emerging again since the bad quarters will have us back where it was last year by beginning of summer next year.
    All the F2P players are getting the exact same rewards as the last year calender so why are you crying here ?????

F2P got absolutely nothing taken away from them in this event, paying players just get extra if they choose to buy the pass so what's exactly your problem here ???

Kabam is a business at the end of the day, why should it appreciate somebody who doesn't pay them anything on the same level as those who keep their game afloat ???
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Timone147 said:

DNA3000 said:

Timone147 said:

Oh you are against it are you? So does this mean you won't take the free rewards?
  • Options
    rnr87rnr87 Posts: 394
    So how much can u actually unlock and buy from the canteen store doesn't look like you get many tokens from milestone rewards too buy much at all. Am I missing something somewhere? Does it say how many of each different ones we can get throughout the course of the event?
  • Options
    Timone147 said:

DNA3000 said:

Timone147 said:

It’s not about that… they locked rewards behind a paywall.
    People keep saying that, but the same rewards free to play players got last year from the Summoner Appreciation Calendar are basically all there in the completely free Summoner Camp event. There are *additional* rewards you have to pay to get, but calling that a pay wall is no different from calling literally every other cash purchase a pay wall. To the extent that the Resort Event is a paywall, the game has been full of paywalls since the start.

The only *important* paywalls are the ones where *exclusive* stuff is *permanently* stuck behind a paywall. And the Resort Event, which just contains more of what the Camp Event contains, is not exclusive stuff behind a permanent paywall. It is stuff for sale, just with more engagement for the buyer.
  • Options
    rnr87 said:

So how much can u actually unlock and buy from the canteen store doesn't look like you get many tokens from milestone rewards too buy much at all. Am I missing something somewhere? Does it say how many of each different ones we can get throughout the course of the event?

If you do all the daily objectives, free to play players will get enough tokens to get the first fourteen rewards in the store. That's all the rewards up to and including the 5* AG crystals. Players who buy the resort pass will get fourteen more tokens which will get them the other fourteen rewards in the store, basically all twenty eight rewards.
  • Options
    rnr87rnr87 Posts: 394
    @DNA3000 thanks I was unsure there of how that works.
  • Options
    DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    So if someone buys this on the last day, all they can do is collect milestones from the solo event n buy additional stuff from the canteen...but ends up losing the daily rewards below, right?

**BONUS: Summer Shards (Complete the final milestone in the Summ(on)er Resort Pass. Purchase required.)

Rewards (by Summoner Title)
    Cavaliers and above:
    100 x 6-Star Hero Crystal Shards (per day)

Uncollected only:
    100 x 5-Star Hero Crystal Shards (per day)

Conqueror and below:
    50 x 4-Star Hero Crystal Shards (per day)