**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

i forgot to claim yesterday's summoner camp

Comments

• QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

Pulyaman said:

Qacob said:

Pulyaman said:

Qacob said:

I too think there should be a few grace days, similar to summoner appreciation where the final 8 rewards or so where low quantities of 6* shards.

For me, I missed the first two days because after the update my game became virtually unplayable, so I was hardly able to do anything. And also I didn't realise this was a daily thing from my read through of the forum announcement. I swear kabam make their events sound 69x more complex than necessary in their forum posts.

That's the thing though. I am doing this in my second account which I login once every 6 months, lvl 19. I am using my 4 stars rank 1 to autoplay first chapter of ROTL. 10 fights done. There is actually no need to play the game at all with the event. The objective is not class specific, rating specific or champion specific. So, I am not seeing any issue at all.
    Oh I'm not saying that the objective is too hard/time consuming.

What I'm saying is that because of the lag introduced by the update, I wasn't doing 10 fights a day when I would normally be doing 20+. Combine this with the fact that the kabam announcements are so unclear that I didn't realise I had to do this objective daily, I missed 2 days, and just like that I no longer can get the big rewards.

I really think that with all that's going on at the moment, its a bit cruel of kabam to make a 90 day event with absolutely no grace days.
    That is what is confusing me. The last milestone has only 500 units and random AG. That's not a roster changing reward by any means. If it had like a 25% T5cc selector or even a 10% one which enabled someone to reach TB, I would understand that. We need to play the game that we are given. The normal excuse that everyone seems to be giving is "I have a life, I have kids, my grandma may die". These are true for most people. But, we prioritize, if my grandma dies, I am not gonna come to forum and ask for grace days. I will not even open the game, but it is what it is.

I don't even know what this is, but it looks important

Edit: wait this is summoner resort. What's the difference between camp and resort?
    Oooh okay I get it. Resort is the one you pay for.

This is what I mean. Why can't event announcements be simple enough to understand on the first read and not the 100th
  • rdxevilrdxevil Posts: 231 ★★
    I don't know if everyone is aware of this? Might be written in game mail but most of the players are likely to miss.. Everyone thinks that the objective comes every 24 hours and even if you miss a day you can complete it the other day..

But it has very strange condition of wait for objective.. Clear it as soon as it comes and claim and then wait again for next 24 hours.. Put an alarm and no matter what happens just do this for next 98 days?

From summer appreciation to I don't know if it's a punishment or what? But this should be changed.. I hope kabam still does something about this.. Just hopeful
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Repost. Sorry
    edited July 2021
    Repost. Sorry
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

Pulyaman said:

Qacob said:

Pulyaman said:

Qacob said:

I too think there should be a few grace days, similar to summoner appreciation where the final 8 rewards or so where low quantities of 6* shards.

For me, I missed the first two days because after the update my game became virtually unplayable, so I was hardly able to do anything. And also I didn't realise this was a daily thing from my read through of the forum announcement. I swear kabam make their events sound 69x more complex than necessary in their forum posts.

That's the thing though. I am doing this in my second account which I login once every 6 months, lvl 19. I am using my 4 stars rank 1 to autoplay first chapter of ROTL. 10 fights done. There is actually no need to play the game at all with the event. The objective is not class specific, rating specific or champion specific. So, I am not seeing any issue at all.

What I'm saying is that because of the lag introduced by the update, I wasn't doing 10 fights a day when I would normally be doing 20+. Combine this with the fact that the kabam announcements are so unclear that I didn't realise I had to do this objective daily, I missed 2 days, and just like that I no longer can get the big rewards.

I really think that with all that's going on at the moment, its a bit cruel of kabam to make a 90 day event with absolutely no grace days.
    That is what is confusing me. The last milestone has only 500 units and random AG. That's not a roster changing reward by any means. If it had like a 25% T5cc selector or even a 10% one which enabled someone to reach TB, I would understand that. We need to play the game that we are given. The normal excuse that everyone seems to be giving is "I have a life, I have kids, my grandma may die". These are true for most people. But, we prioritize, if my grandma dies, I am not gonna come to forum and ask for grace days. I will not even open the game, but it is what it is.

I don't even know what this is, but it looks important

Edit: wait this is summoner resort. What's the difference between camp and resort?
    Summoner resort is unlocked after buying the resort pass or something I believe.
    Zeezoos said:

Pulyaman said:

Qacob said:

Pulyaman said:

Qacob said:

Whatever the argument is here, whatever side of the fence you want to take, this is just an awful, awful comment. Never trivialise death.
    Sorry if I was not clear. I was trivializing the game, not the death. I would never do that. To be very clear " It is what it is" comment was about missing out on the rewards in the game, not about my grandma.
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    Perhaps I am over-sensitive due to recent events @Pulyaman and overreacted. Given the times we live in I don’t think you used an appropriate example.

It's almost like a simple calendar would've caused far less frustration, and garnered much greater appreciation.

On a side note, does the Objective even give you the red (1) notification? I didnt notice it when I claimed it today. Makes it troubling if you get the objective while autofighting and have a busy day.

In the very least it should be auto acquired if you've done the required fights. But nah, that's gotta be impossible to code lol.

I think they went with this format to give the rewards as per the title. You need atleast uncollected title to get the good stuff. Previously, anyone logging in can do it. Regarding the pop up, it did not indicate that there was something to claim. I just check the tab to see if there was something to claim after completing my arena rounds.
    Zeezoos said:

Perhaps I am over-sensitive due to recent events @Pulyaman and overreacted. Given the times we live in I don’t think you used an appropriate example.

Gotcha. I will be more careful in the future. The reason I went with the specific example was I am replying in multiple threads and there was an example saying the same thing. But, you are right, I should have been more sensitive with the current times.
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★
    Hoitado said:

And it’s not cruel. That’s like going late to work and being mad they fired you. If you forget it’s gonna cost you

They are fired only if they have repeated the offence of coming late many times. It will actually be cruel if someone comes late to office only one day and he gets fired.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

Hoitado said:

There was no notif on the panel. Normally when you complete an objective there's a notif. Same thing happened with me, I didn't get today's objective. Losing 500 units for this? @Hoitado

I’m not talking about the Little Number on the Icon ad there isn’t one

After you finish the last fight then near the bottom at the middle a tab will appear saying you’ve finished it.

The Icon where the Number usually is also gets Lit Up when you finish it
    There was absolutely nothing "lighting up" on that corner which suggested I had completed the objective but the rewards were yet to be claimed.

@Sceptilemaniac I shall prove you wrong in an hour
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    This posts are so stupid...
    People complaning about missing out on stuff due to their own fault, and when pointed out saying "its just a game". If its just a game why are u complaining?... If it only takes 5-10 mins a day whats the big deal? I understand that "its just a game" but if 5-10 mins is all you spend in the game how is 500 units and an AG in the next 95 days going to have an impact in a game you ONLY PLAY 5-10 MINS A DAY?!
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★

Hoitado said:

There was no notif on the panel. Normally when you complete an objective there's a notif. Same thing happened with me, I didn't get today's objective. Losing 500 units for this? @Hoitado

I’m not talking about the Little Number on the Icon ad there isn’t one

After you finish the last fight then near the bottom at the middle a tab will appear saying you’ve finished it.

The Icon where the Number usually is also gets Lit Up when you finish it
    There was absolutely nothing "lighting up" on that corner which suggested I had completed the objective but the rewards were yet to be claimed.

The clipboard in the corner also flashes blue when it's complete
    Haji_Saab said:

Same thing happened. I did the objective but didn’t bother to claim it..

Why bother then?..
    edited July 2021
    @Sceptilemaniac
    Before

After

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    Hoitado said:

Hoitado said:

Hoitado said:

There is no point in waiting to claim the sunglasses

That’s on you

He literally said he forgot, I think he knows there is no point. And how cruel do you have to be to make a player lose out on 500 units for a simple mistake

You do realize that it is free stuff right?
    And it’s not cruel. That’s like going late to work and being mad they fired you. If you forget it’s gonna cost you
    Lol bro what type of job fires you for being late on one day... and disregarding that, a job is a completely different situation since a job is something you work on everyday (or only weekdays depending on the job) to make a living, and this is a game, huge difference between forgetting to go to work and forgetting to claim an objective.

It’s really about forgetfulness.
    Maybe fired was too extreme. It’s like you being mad for getting in trouble at work for being late.

If you want something you’ll have to work for it and not be forgetful
    Except people work to pay for everything they own. Work is actually important to survival. I'm not going to forget to go to work.

I might forget to log in to a mobile game that has no real life value for at least 1 day out of 3 months
    Crcrcrc said:

Hoitado said:

Hoitado said:

Hoitado said:

That’s on you

He literally said he forgot, I think he knows there is no point. And how cruel do you have to be to make a player lose out on 500 units for a simple mistake

Lol bro what type of job fires you for being late on one day... and disregarding that, a job is a completely different situation since a job is something you work on everyday (or only weekdays depending on the job) to make a living, and this is a game, huge difference between forgetting to go to work and forgetting to claim an objective.

Maybe fired was too extreme. It’s like you being mad for getting in trouble at work for being late.

Except people work to pay for everything they own. Work is actually important to survival. I'm not going to forget to go to work.

I might forget to log in to a mobile game that has no real life value for at least 1 day out of 3 months
    Missing out a milestone has no real value either..
    If you dont mind forgetting to log in, shouldn't mind about not getting the reward ...
    Crcrcrc said:

Hoitado said:

Hoitado said:

Hoitado said:

That’s on you

I agree that Work is way more important than a stupid game but you can’t complain about it if YOU forget about it
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    There needs to be a safe zone for ftp users
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,283 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Qacob said:

Pulyaman said:

Qacob said:

Just broaden your outlook a bit and try to think about others as well who are not as progressed as you in content. In another post you claimed that you looked forward to the tiny amount of shards in the monthly login calendar some time back and now you are saying that 500 units and an awakening gem are not significant. Just don’t trivialize other people problems just because you don’t have any. Nobody is complaining about the objective being too tough but there should be a buffer for everyone to make an error or two. Personally I don’t care if there is a grace period or not but I understand that other people might and there is nothing wrong in voicing their opinion about it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

I think there are some grace periods in it. So you should be able to get all the rewards

NOOOOOOOOPEEEEE, there are no grace periods as far as I can tell
    Beat me to it.
    Graves_3 said:

Pulyaman said:

Qacob said:

Pulyaman said:

Qacob said:

Just broaden your outlook a bit and try to think about others as well who are not as progressed as you in content. In another post you claimed that you looked forward to the tiny amount of shards in the monthly login calendar some time back and now you are saying that 500 units and an awakening gem are not significant. Just don’t trivialize other people problems just because you don’t have any. Nobody is complaining about the objective being too tough but there should be a buffer for everyone to make an error or two. Personally I don’t care if there is a grace period or not but I understand that other people might and there is nothing wrong in voicing their opinion about it.
    I looked forward to the shards, but I did not come and complain if I missed a day of logging into the game because I was busy with work. I moved on. This was a time when I could not score high enough for 1000 5 star shards rank rewards in the arena, so every bit was important to me. Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion and asking for a grace time. There is also nothing wrong with saying the calendar is fine as it is. It depends on how serious you take the game.