**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Summoner Appreciation Replacement is a Massive Chore

Comments

• SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

No_oneuk said:

Instead of making a post on the forum you could take even less time and just load up road to Labyrinth, press auto fight and put your phone down while you eat your breakfast. When you pick your phone back up again, as if by magic your 10 fights will be complete

An easy solution for folks that are just too busy yet for some reason play a mobile game.

Except big problem... 1. need energy elsewhere 2. need to exit quest for this to work... in the middle of 7.2 I can't do that I need to beat the quest first
    Better to just do arena
    So, you need that energy to finish another set of 10 fights?
  • whatitdobaybwhatitdobayb Posts: 40
    The event is a chore but in the grand reality of it I don’t think it’s that big of a deal.

The event is most definitely 100% convoluted if its trying to circumvent people from making alt accounts because there’s simpler and easier ways to do it.

Hopefully Kabam learns from this and makes changes but I don’t know their track record cause I’ve only been playing for less than 3 months. The discussions on the forum don’t give me a good impression though.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Searmenis said:

No_oneuk said:

Instead of making a post on the forum you could take even less time and just load up road to Labyrinth, press auto fight and put your phone down while you eat your breakfast. When you pick your phone back up again, as if by magic your 10 fights will be complete

An easy solution for folks that are just too busy yet for some reason play a mobile game.

Except big problem... 1. need energy elsewhere 2. need to exit quest for this to work... in the middle of 7.2 I can't do that I need to beat the quest first
    Better to just do arena
    So, you need that energy to finish another set of 10 fights?
    7.2 does not have ten fights in some paths
  • Intensity108Intensity108 Posts: 326 ★★
    In my opinion, 10 fights is too much, it should have been 5. But 10 is fine. The rewards in this event is better than the calendar, 10 fight is easy. just put your top champion on heroic EQ and press autoplay and watch some vids on youtube.
    Yes, they messed up but they fixed it with the 1 Gold for 7 day grace period transaction.
    This event is fine, almost good.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    I autofight rttl for the 10 fights, repeat a bunch of times when hero use is on and I can't be bothered with arena.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

Did anyone actually say it was the Appreciation replacement? It's just an Event as far as I know.

It's obviously the replacement of the appreciation calendar. Sometimes you refuse to see things, so I'm not going to argue the point, but it's obvious to most of us.
    No. It's conjecture based on an expectation.
    1. "There MUST be a Summoner Appreciation Calendar every year."
    2. "If something else comes along then it MUST be the replacement."

No one said the same Event will come every year. There's a whole entitlement aspect to that. The irony of expecting it is comical to me, but the reality from what I see is that this isn't "Summoner Appreciation". Otherwise it would have been called that, and it wouldn't involve a pay step-up. That's like saying "We appreciate our Players. Pay now, and we'll appreciate you more."

I don't care what the general opinion of them is. They're not about to wrap that distinction up into an Event.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Did anyone actually say it was the Appreciation replacement? It's just an Event as far as I know.

It's obviously the replacement of the appreciation calendar. Sometimes you refuse to see things, so I'm not going to argue the point, but it's obvious to most of us.

No one said the same Event will come every year. There's a whole entitlement aspect to that. The irony of expecting it is comical to me, but the reality from what I see is that this isn't "Summoner Appreciation". Otherwise it would have been called that, and it wouldn't involve a pay step-up. That's like saying "We appreciate our Players. Pay now, and we'll appreciate you more."

I don't care what the general opinion of them is. They're not about to wrap that distinction up into an Event.
    Really? They come out with an event at the same time the Summoner Appreciation comes out, with the same rewards as the summoner appreciation, and you feel like it's conjecture? You think it might just be coincidence?

Really? They come out with an event at the same time the Summoner Appreciation comes out, with the same rewards as the summoner appreciation, and you feel like it's conjecture? You think it might just be coincidence?
    Same Event? Same Rewards? You're wrong in both cases.
  • _wasabi__wasabi_ Posts: 102 ★★
    edited July 2021

The event is a chore but in the grand reality of it I don’t think it’s that big of a deal.

The event is most definitely 100% convoluted if its trying to circumvent people from making alt accounts because there’s simpler and easier ways to do it.

Hopefully Kabam learns from this and makes changes but I don’t know their track record cause I’ve only been playing for less than 3 months. The discussions on the forum don’t give me a good impression though.

Run away while you can! :smiley:
    Also, please show me where the multi-month Calendar was ever correlated with Summoner Appreciation, an Event which historically consists of Halls, Boosts, and an in-game Gift.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,083 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

There is actually no compulsion that you need to do the 10 fights. You can do the fights, claim the sunglass and enjoy the rewards. Alternatively, if you are busy, you can skip the fights and leave the rewards. No idea why people force themselves to do something they don't enjoy.

You missed the entire point of the post lol
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021

Also, please show me where the multi-month Calendar was ever correlated with Summoner Appreciation, an Event which historically consists of Halls, Boosts, and an in-game Gift.

It's the summoner appreciation calendar that we've had several years in a row. The log in calendar. That's what everyone is talking about. No one is talking about the halls of healing and such. And yes, the rewards for this even on the free side plus the store are almost identical to the summoner appreciation calendar. It's you who are wrong my friend.

It's the summoner appreciation calendar that we've had several years in a row. The log in calendar. That's what everyone is talking about. No one is talking about the halls of healing and such. And yes, the rewards for this even on the free side plus the store are almost identical to the summoner appreciation calendar. It's you who are wrong my friend.
    I feel like you're going to argue this ad nauseum so Imma walk away, but the Summoner Appreciation is a separate Event from this Calendar. Draw whatever conclusions you want.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★

• RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

The massive chore is we are going to see these types of threads for the next 3 months. There is already a thread open for this event. Please comment on that thread.

The true Summer of Pain is upon us
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

what do your mean? summer camp is way better than the summoner appreciation calendar

Grounded…hmmmm
    This had me laughing too hard!!! 😂

I feel like you're going to argue this ad nauseum so Imma walk away, but the Summoner Appreciation is a separate Event from this Calendar. Draw whatever conclusions you want.
    Search "summoner appreciation calendar" on the forum lol. What do you think those 90 day calendars were? This is honestly bizarre.
    People were calling it that, sure. Did Kabam call it that?
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

There is actually no compulsion that you need to do the 10 fights. You can do the fights, claim the sunglass and enjoy the rewards. Alternatively, if you are busy, you can skip the fights and leave the rewards. No idea why people force themselves to do something they don't enjoy.

No idea. All I read was a rant that the OP did not like the event and considered it a chore to do 10 fights. People complained about grace days, we got that. Now the complaint has shifted to days not stacking. No idea of anything will be done about that. The point of giving the glasses everyday is to make you login and do the 10 fights. If that is deemed too difficult, I don't know what to say.
  • SamaelTheDevilSamaelTheDevil Posts: 2
    I think the event itself does not take a toll but the fact that you have to claim the objective each day is a thing to worry about bcz even if u complete 10 fights and forget to claim the objectives then you'll lose on crispy and spicy rewards
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    I hate it too... This isn't summoner appreciation... I won't do it... Kabam can go to hell

Search "summoner appreciation calendar" on the forum lol. What do you think those 90 day calendars were? This is honestly bizarre.
    People were calling it that, sure. Did Kabam call it that?
    Is that what this one is called?
    Anyway, it's getting to be semantics. The point I'm highlighting is the expectation.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Iksdjvan said:

I hate it too... This isn't summoner appreciation... I won't do it... Kabam can go to hell

Sounds like someone didn't give you Bonestorm for Christmas..
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,083 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

No idea. All I read was a rant that the OP did not like the event and considered it a chore to do 10 fights. People complained about grace days, we got that. Now the complaint has shifted to days not stacking. No idea of anything will be done about that. The point of giving the glasses everyday is to make you login and do the 10 fights. If that is deemed too difficult, I don't know what to say.
    You’re saying they dont have to participate. They’re saying they can’t because of real life events. That’s what makes it difficult. You have time on your hands it would seem so i dont think you would understand. Was easier to just log in with the calendar rather to do 10 fights daily which you’re bound to miss a few days. This event is in demand for player time, which not every summoner has.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

You’re saying they dont have to participate. They’re saying they can’t because of real life events. That’s what makes it difficult. You have time on your hands it would seem so i dont think you would understand. Was easier to just log in with the calendar rather to do 10 fights daily which you’re bound to miss a few days. This event is in demand for player time, which not every summoner has.
    I don't really understand this not having time thing. You don't have time for the game. But you want the rewards? I don't have time somedays. I just autoplay and leave the phone on rttl. That is what I am saying is odd. If you can log in, you can auto fight.