SoP Hydra Adaptiod Counters

12346»

Comments

  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 1,007 ★★★★
    I used Mojo to clear all but the Shield objective. Nick Fury did that. I got a solo with Mojo and had to use a couple of revives with Nick.

    Mojo worked just as well as he did in the Act 6 fight vs that guy, while Nick worked surprisingly well. I went in with him on my first try and got absolutely clobbered, then I went in with Magik and did fairly well but eventually got worn down by chip damage, and then I switched to Mojo and spent the better part of the evening going for that solo.

    But once I understood how to use Nick in the fight - go immediately into his second life, get unblockable ASAP, then just nuke into the adaptoid like a proper madman - it became fairly straightforward. I just had to bait out a lot of heavy attacks and take a decent amount of block damage on my way there, and occasionally wait out an unstoppable if I let a special slip through.

    I barely noticed the Limber node in either fight, surprisingly. That node tends to annoy me but here I could usually stun him without any problems. I guess it was because I only needed to tap him ever so gently to stop the power gain buff, but still. I was pleasantly surprised by my ability to deal with the fight.

    And now...I'm done. I'll still try the other fights and objectives, but I've reached much further than I could have even dreamed of beforehand and have gotten all of the milestones I really care about. Some generic sig stones would be nice but the second t5cc was my final goal.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 13,176 Guardian
    CoMinow said:

    What is the point in your complaint? Are you actually saying that you want it’s a content to be so difficult that you can’t beat it? This is literally the silliest complaint in the history of the game, or a ridiculous troll.

    I can only speak for myself here, but I know there are lots of other players who have expressed similar ideas. I hate losing. Hate hate hate losing. If content is so far over my head there's literally no chance I can walk away, but the last time that happened was the Maze. If content is difficult but not impossible, I'm compelled to try it. I can't stand having content beat me.

    But there is something I hate more. I hate winning when it doesn't mean anything. If I can beat the content with my eyes closed, and so can everyone else, winning is pointless. Its like trying to take credit for autofight.

    For me, the SoP fights are not at that level. I struggle with them at times, especially if I try to go for the solo and not the easy two-revive plow through. The SHIELD objective was a lot harder for me than the straight up kill on the Adaptoid. I'm *reasonably* engaged, but I'm also aware that these fights are an order of magnitude easier than I or probably most other higher tier players were expecting. Some of us are still playing with both hands and taking shot after shot trying to get the clean kill. But I know there are stronger players out there trying to teach their dog how to bring down this week's SoP boss with their snout.

    I can imagine the SoP fights were something they were looking forward to and now are just sleepwalking through. Because for them, it is meaningless winning. I can see that because it is *almost* like that for me. I have spent potions and revives, sure, and I haven't been able to cruise through every fight. And there was that time I lost my mind trying to solo Rogue and ended up spending half my units on a Gauntlet bender. But compared to my expectations going in, SoP has been a relative cakewalk.

    For many players, winning only matters if there's a chance of losing. For some players, SoP fights have no chance of losing. So winning feels hollow. I'm not a sufficiently strong player to feel that way about SoP, but I understand.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 2,351 ★★★★
    CoMinow said:

    <

    I think the fights so far are adequate for cav players and nowhere near what TB expected and were promised.

    TB get the extra milestones, I guess that's the concession.

    Cavs don't need TB level rewards, most cavs do not have the 5* roster depth to be worrying about 6r3.

    I'm a cav player who will get TB from this event but have never completed a cav EQ, I'll take it but it seems wrong for where I am at ingame.

    Oh, I'm way offtopic.

    I used a 4r3 ronan, 156 hits.

    So you’ve never completed cav eq a single time and you’re complaining this is too easy ????

    What is the point in your complaint? Are you actually saying that you want it’s a content to be so difficult that you can’t beat it? This is literally the silliest complaint in the history of the game, or a ridiculous troll. Either way, if it’s easy for you then be happy you’re getting rewards that you’re unable to earn through other content.

    I personally think this is the most ridiculous challenge to date.I beat abyss and the grandmaster challenge, but anyone complaining about how easy this is, is just nonsensical!!!

    Have any of you “contest gods” read the msg on the top of every forum page???

    Evade and parry aren’t working!!! So they release content that requires you to evade every few seconds, and all people want to do is say it’s too easy? The game is literally broken for thousands of us in a way that makes the challenge impossible.

    I bet you walk up to homeless people and complain about how full you are after lunch too
    Look up. It's a plane!!!

    I'll make it simple. I find cav EQ difficult and I wont spend to revive through it for the rewards on offer.

    I have budgeted 400 units per fight and haven't gone anywhere close to it yet. Where are cav players getting 5000 6* shards for 400 units?

    I'm not complaining that it's easy, I'm grateful for it. Thronebreakers have every right to be aggrieved at how it's going so far.
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    I did it with a 2 star Ronan lol. Took about 3-4 tries before he cooperated and stopped throwing specials in the beginning.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,275 ★★★★
    @DrZola Just remembered one thing on how to reduce the chance of opponent launching SP. I learnt that from KT1 and JasonVooches, that is hold block-move backward until my corner-then gradually fight back and push the opponent to his corner. This method helps to reduce the chance of opponent launching SP, which is what I did when using Kingpin. No such concern for Mojo, Magik, Ronan, Dormammu,…..Steathy etc.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 5,309 ★★★★★
    Reference said:

    @DrZola Just remembered one thing on how to reduce the chance of opponent launching SP. I learnt that from KT1 and JasonVooches, that is hold block-move backward until my corner-then gradually fight back and push the opponent to his corner. This method helps to reduce the chance of opponent launching SP, which is what I did when using Kingpin. No such concern for Mojo, Magik, Ronan, Dormammu,…..Steathy etc.

    Good advice. I recall seeing that too now that you mention it.

    Dr. Zola
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 358 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:


    For many players, winning only matters if there's a chance of losing. For some players, SoP fights have no chance of losing. So winning feels hollow. I'm not a sufficiently strong player to feel that way about SoP, but I understand.

    Would a potential workaround for not having a 'chance of losing' would be if there was limited entry as opposed to limited time?

    For example, rather than have 7 days where players can practice as much as they want in order to get the solo or the optimal counters for objectives, players get 5 entries only for SoP Adaptoid.

    That way, they only have 5 chances to beat the boss/get objectives. With there being 3 objectives, if one only completed one objective a fight, they would have two 'practice' runs to get used to the boss/node.

    With only 5 chances, one could potentially fail and thus lose out on completing objectives. People who want the solo would have a little more pressure; people who just unit/revive their way through can still do that.

  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 5,309 ★★★★★
    edited July 23
    altavista said:

    DNA3000 said:


    For many players, winning only matters if there's a chance of losing. For some players, SoP fights have no chance of losing. So winning feels hollow. I'm not a sufficiently strong player to feel that way about SoP, but I understand.

    Would a potential workaround for not having a 'chance of losing' would be if there was limited entry as opposed to limited time?

    For example, rather than have 7 days where players can practice as much as they want in order to get the solo or the optimal counters for objectives, players get 5 entries only for SoP Adaptoid.

    That way, they only have 5 chances to beat the boss/get objectives. With there being 3 objectives, if one only completed one objective a fight, they would have two 'practice' runs to get used to the boss/node.

    With only 5 chances, one could potentially fail and thus lose out on completing objectives. People who want the solo would have a little more pressure; people who just unit/revive their way through can still do that.

    Or simply give an extra reward or point or some added bonus for soloing.

    I’m always leery of limited entry events given the game’s tradition of bugs, disconnections and unintended interactions. I’d prefer not to have things tied so much to the game’s performance.

    Dr. Zola
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,215 ★★★★★
    I don't really like the idea of an entry limit, I'd prefer a two fight setup (so failure on 2nd fight would result in redoing 1st fight or revive), or more likely, an energy cost. Between 9 and 15 energy per attempt, just a little to make failure cost something.
Sign In or Register to comment.