**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Nexus Cav drop rates [Merged]

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Another way to view the situation is this.

One month back, you walked past an electronic shop and saw that their televisions were on 50% discount.

So for that month, you saved your money and when you went back there a month later, the television you were intending to buy is no longer on discount.

Is it ethical and fair for the shop to remove the discount? Definitely. It’s their right to sell and market whatever they want at whatever price point they want.

Can you cry and whine about it and hope they give you that 50% discount you were hoping for? Maybe. But if they do, they did it as a gesture of goodwill but not because they were obligated to.
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,104 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

OGAvenger said:

xNig said:

Let’s put it this way.

Drop rates were advertised on the crystals before people were allowed to buy them. So as a company, Kabam did nothing shady or unethical. It was the buyers who did not read what was stated and bought them based on their assumption.

However, as a company, Kabam should offer the new crystals as compensation as a gesture of goodwill. They’re not obligated to do so though.

That makes no sense. So if Kabam all of a sudden updated Ghosts abilities to state “cannot phase damaging debuffs” and didn’t tell us about it BUT YOU COULD READ IT IN HER ABILITIES, then that would be fine?
    You did read the terms of service when you agreed to them right?

Kabam, technically, CAN do that. It’s their game, it’s their champs, they can do whatever they want.

It just reflects badly on them but they are within their legal right to do so. And no amount of argument can change that fact.

(Anyway, this has been done to quite a few champs already lol)
    Oh okay yeah that’s what I thought.

As long as it’s technically “legal” then go for it. Of course this is someone with no legal background sitting behind a computer screen telling us it’s legal…but I’m sure we can trust him

And anytime they’ve changed a champs abilities like that they’ve had an uproar on their hands. Wow!! Similar to this situation!! See how that works?
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    xNig said:

One month back, you walked past an electronic shop and saw that their televisions were on 50% discount.

So for that month, you saved your money and when you went back there a month later, the television you were intending to buy is no longer on discount.

Is it ethical and fair for the shop to remove the discount? Definitely.

Can you cry and whine about it and hope they give you that 50% discount you were hoping for? Maybe. But if they do, they did it as a gesture of goodwill but not because they were obligated to.

Where was the television deal in this offer? I didn't see it, or was that an in game message that I missed? I get so confused where the offer details are at times since they change constantly. Probably why the drop rate being lowered in this deal, vs what was said in the April 8th announcement has people upset and wanting some corrections.

Your analogy stinks. In that scenario, the regular price is always there and goes in sale for a limited time. What happened here is the regular price (cav drop rates) wasn't made better, it was made worse for a limited time and people didn't catch it, because they weren't expecting it.
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    xNig said:

Is it ethical and fair for the shop to remove the discount? Definitely. It’s their right to sell and market whatever they want at whatever price point they want.

That’s really not a good comparison since they said it would be a permanent change to the cav crystals. If the shop said there was a permanent 50% discount on all items forever and then they remove, then yeah it’s their fault. But this was mostly a mistake anyway so wait for the right crystals to be distributed.
    Graves_3 said:

xNig said:

People can't do anything legally or with google/apple since Kabam have mentioned the drop rates. Mentioning something a few months back on a forums and mentioning something currently with the actual deal, which one do you think will take precedence?

So by your logic they can release any "cavalier crystal" they want and change the drop rates to what ever they want and still call it a "cavalier crystal" . In your opinion that is a good way for a company to operate, its fair and ethical in your opinion? Thats what you are defending?
    Technically, as long as they state the drop rates when offering the crystal, it is fair and ethical to do so.

You can try bringing your argument to a lawyer and see if you have any grounds to stand on.
    I think you are confusing yourself between legal and fair/ethical. They can sometimes not be the same.
    The thing is, it is fair and ethical to do so simply because they published the drop rates before people can purchase it.

People who said they purchased the crystals definitely said they “thought” they were the new crystals.

I can’t walk into an Apple store and say, “I thought the iPhone for selling for $1.” Then demand to be able to buy it at $1, despite the store clearly stating the price there.

See what I’m getting at?

Also, an argument of “I didn’t know it was the old crystals” doesn’t work simply because ignorance isn’t a reason.

What I’m saying is, whoever bought this deal knew what they were getting themselves into. If they didn’t, they did not do their homework prior to a purchase.

In the conventional market, there should be a regret period and therefore, for this situation, everyone has their right to ask for a refund from the App Store or Kabam.
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    …kind of a common sense thing to know what your buying before you buy it. First thing I did was check the drop rates …cause well it’s nexus cav’s which is a different deal then the last daily Cav card. The deal was mainly for the shards and drop rates were provided .

…Moral of the story I guess is maybe to look before one buys??

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    OGAvenger said:

xNig said:

OGAvenger said:

xNig said:

Let’s put it this way.

Drop rates were advertised on the crystals before people were allowed to buy them. So as a company, Kabam did nothing shady or unethical. It was the buyers who did not read what was stated and bought them based on their assumption.

However, as a company, Kabam should offer the new crystals as compensation as a gesture of goodwill. They’re not obligated to do so though.

That makes no sense. So if Kabam all of a sudden updated Ghosts abilities to state “cannot phase damaging debuffs” and didn’t tell us about it BUT YOU COULD READ IT IN HER ABILITIES, then that would be fine?

Kabam, technically, CAN do that. It’s their game, it’s their champs, they can do whatever they want.

It just reflects badly on them but they are within their legal right to do so. And no amount of argument can change that fact.

As long as it’s technically “legal” then go for it. Of course this is someone with no legal background sitting behind a computer screen telling us it’s legal…but I’m sure we can trust him

And anytime they’ve changed a champs abilities like that they’ve had an uproar on their hands. Wow!! Similar to this situation!! See how that works?
    Yes as a community, we can have an uproar and whatever we want. It will damage Kabam's reputation and damage their goodwill. But LEGALLY they can do this. Doesn't make it good. The only reason we have drop rates in most crystals in-game is because Apple and Google made it mandatory or something.
    OGAvenger said:

xNig said:

OGAvenger said:

xNig said:

Let’s put it this way.

🤷🏻‍♂️ Whether I have legal background or not, you won’t believe what I say either way. If you fly over to my country, I’ll tell it to you in person that it’s legal. 😊

Yup, always an uproar on their hands from people who like to cry and whine when they regret buying something, and hope that they can change the results of their poor pulls.

I would like to see someone who pulled a 6* nexus from the crystals say they want a clawback of their pulls, then be compensated with 10 new crystals.
    Graves_3 said:

xNig said:

In this case the analogy is more like, they said they are selling 4K UHD TV’s from now on so you wait till you have money and then go to buy it a couple of months later. You don’t feel the need to go open the box to check what’s inside. You buy the tv and then go home and check it only to realize you got the old CRT version.
    Yeah thanks. That’s a better analogy. In this situation, the reasonable thing to do is ask for a refund ya?
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Anyone know if they have offered cav nexuses before? If so, when was it? It might have just been a copy-and-paste deal from before the updated the drop rates
  • Bigfoot33Bigfoot33 Posts: 144 ★★
    OGAvenger said:

xNig said:

Let’s put it this way.

It does make sense, you read the contract before signing or you could be stuck with a 40% APR.

KABAM teaching life lessons.
  • Kd101Kd101 Posts: 122
    I am upset that they didn’t mention the drop rate change if it was intended. If it was intentional then it should have been mentioned for sure. It was a great deal, but how could a drop rate slip through when it was such a big important improvement that has been in place for a while now.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,992 ★★★★★

Anyone know if they have offered cav nexuses before? If so, when was it? It might have just been a copy-and-paste deal from before the updated the drop rates

I don’t believe they offered basic cav nexus crystals since the drop rate change. I would assume that this is what happened, just somebody working too quickly and didn’t notice they had the old rates. Happens all the time, and far more likely than somebody spending the time to revert back to the old settings from the new ones.
  • Kd101Kd101 Posts: 122
    Bigfoot33 said:

Nexus cav crystals = whatever drop rate they CLEARLY posted if you read the fine print

Unpopular opinion: I feel this falls on whoever spent and didn't read the details.

Bigfoot33 said:

Nexus cav crystals = whatever drop rate they CLEARLY posted if you read the fine print

Unpopular opinion: I feel this falls on whoever spent and didn't read the details.

This issue isn’t about legality in that sense… it’s about the relationship between the players and the game developers. They changed it back without mentioning it in their advertisement through the update section of your notifications right? If so, then this was downplaying the significance in hopes of people not noticing and that will be perceived as so and the relationship will get worse.
    Kd101 said:

I am upset that they didn’t mention the drop rate change if it was intended. If it was intentional then it should have been mentioned for sure. It was a great deal, but how could a drop rate slip through when it was such a big important improvement that has been in place for a while now.

It was mentioned though ,…in the drop rates ! That is why they are provided so people know what they are getting into. They aren’t Cav crystals , they are Cav nexus crystals ,…drop rates vary between different types of crystals,….just sayin.
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,104 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

OGAvenger said:

xNig said:

OGAvenger said:

xNig said:

Let’s put it this way.

🤷🏻‍♂️ Whether I have legal background or not, you won’t believe what I say either way. If you fly over to my country, I’ll tell it to you in person that it’s legal. 😊

Yup, always an uproar on their hands from people who like to cry and whine when they regret buying something, and hope that they can change the results of their poor pulls.

I would like to see someone who pulled a 6* nexus from the crystals say they want a clawback of their pulls, then be compensated with 10 new crystals.
    I didn’t even buy the deal because I saw what was happening from the forums before I saw the offer in game.

It’s still very shady. Never said I thought it was illegal. Just very shady
    …also within a regular Cav crystal one has a .60% chance to get a 6* nexus,…in the daily Cav card deal I believe the nexus 6* chance was .80%

….anyone get what I’m sayin here??
    Looks to me the chances increased if anything .
This discussion has been closed.