**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Nexus Cav drop rates [Merged]

Comments

• Kd101Kd101 Posts: 122
    grfvb said:

grfvb said:

Ragnabro said:

Why no mod respond and clarify the situtation?

hopefully kabam will give explanation in layman's terms...lots of people crying here dont understand how probability works 🤦‍♂️ the drop rate is lower but it's so tiny lol
    Increased chances are increased chances.
    ok.. what do you think is the difference in chances then?

Kd101 said:

One shouldn’t have to go to a video or read the fine print for it to be “clear”. Clear is making an effort to say they weren’t the same.

If people are bothered by a 2% difference on a Bonus Item included in a $50 purchase, then due diligence shouldn't be that much of an energy expenditure.
    it's not 2% it is 0.3% difference
    Between the increased 6* chance and nexus chance as well as 5* chance and then the 3x multiplier it is more than that. This isn’t about how small the chance increase is…. The chance for a 6* was already small so if you increased it by an equally small amount you would double it.
  • LiquidkoldLiquidkold Posts: 191 ★★
    My question is why did they feel the need to change the drop rates. They are better but not game breaking. If they were then they would have changed all the crystal back that you can buy every day. You had to Spend real money on these and you were limited to only 10 of them. Not game breaking. It was a little sneaky to change it from the new drop rates. It is what it is at the end. Just a little shady.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    grfvb said:

grfvb said:

Ragnabro said:

hopefully kabam will give explanation in layman's terms...lots of people crying here dont understand how probability works 🤦‍♂️ the drop rate is lower but it's so tiny lol

Kd101 said:

One shouldn’t have to go to a video or read the fine print for it to be “clear”. Clear is making an effort to say they weren’t the same.

If people are bothered by a 2% difference on a Bonus Item included in a $50 purchase, then due diligence shouldn't be that much of an energy expenditure.
    It's still an increased chance. The base chance of pulling a 6 star earlier was 1% and people still managed to pull many 6 stars. You're capping if you think these increased chances won't make a difference.
    grfvb said:

Kd101 said:

grfvb said:

grfvb said:

Ragnabro said:

Kd101 said:

Between the increased 6* chance and nexus chance as well as 5* chance and then the 3x multiplier it is more than that. This isn’t about how small the chance increase is…. The chance for a 6* was already small so if you increased it by an equally small amount you would double it.
    god 🙈🙈🙈 i cant argue with someone who doesnt understand basics of probability
    grfvb said:

Kd101 said:

grfvb said:

grfvb said:

Ragnabro said:

Kd101 said:

Seems like you don't understand basic mathematics 🙈🙈🙈
    grfvb said:

Kd101 said:

grfvb said:

grfvb said:

Ragnabro said:

Kd101 said:

I am good at math… remember .2% of the old 2% is still 10% more than the original 2% not 12%
    I think you misunderstood what the % talk was about that’s all good.
    A lot of people believed it was OP and bec of that they bought it…. See how it could be confusing. We are all discussing it but when people go to purchase they don’t bounce of ideas with so many people to do so.
    I don’t remember the old numbers that prior 2% was just an example
  • RageOCRageOC Posts: 7
    It’s weird that there isn’t a response to this yet. I would have thought they would have gotten in front of this immediately this morning.
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Canadian national holiday, tomorrow probably
    grfvb said:

Kd101 said:

grfvb said:

Kd101 said:

grfvb said:

grfvb said:

Ragnabro said:

Kd101 said:

I am good at math… remember .2% of the old 2% is still 10% more than the original 2% not 12%
    🤡
    You're really acting like a clown here you know not knowing what increased chances are. Even your lord and saviour DNA understands that. I suggest you go and read one of his posts.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    grfvb said:

grfvb said:

Ragnabro said:

Kd101 said:

These Cav Nexuses have a 1.0% chance to be a 6*. (6* 0.8%, Nexus 6* 0.2%). The new ones have a total of 3%. A Nexus is still a 6*.
    grfvb said:

Kd101 said:

grfvb said:

Kd101 said:

grfvb said:

grfvb said:

Ragnabro said:

Kd101 said:

🤡
    Dude quit trolling if you aren’t going to be serious then stop trying to incite people.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,999 ★★★★★
    RageOC said:

It’s weird that there isn’t a response to this yet. I would have thought they would have gotten in front of this immediately this morning.

Again, today is a holiday in Canada, which is where Kabam is located. We likely will not hear anything about this until tomorrow.
    grfvb said:

grfvb said:

Kd101 said:

grfvb said:

grfvb said:

Ragnabro said:

Kd101 said:

grfvb said:

Kd101 said:

grfvb said:

grfvb said:

Ragnabro said:

Kd101 said:

Seems like you don't understand basic mathematics 🙈🙈🙈
    cute
    thanks clown
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

I have been thinking about this. So here is my analogy.

If I go to the store to buy a coke or Pepsi and I pay for it open it in the car and drink it. Only for it to taste weird. I then turn the bottle on to the back and in very fine print it says diet flavor.

Now the front package is identical. Would you trust you were getting a coke? And would it be your fault for not reading the back first to make sure it was regular not diet?

Cause these crystals were diet.

But that's not what happened at all. We all know where to check drop rates. They didn't try and hide it by putting the rates in a different spot or anything. They were there for everyone one to check.

It's not bait and switch. It's not even shady. I'm almost 100% certain Miike said in the past that Cav nexus crystals weren't going to be updated, but I am not certain. I feel this came up before.
    You are incorrect sir. It was not clear. It had to be researched. Hence it’s not clear. Clear would be stated on front of the advert. Old cav crystals for sale. Not new. And packaging was the same
    By "researched" you mean clicking on the icon in the deals screen and seeing the drop rates like you always?

grfvb said:

grfvb said:

Ragnabro said:

Kd101 said:

These Cav Nexuses have a 1.0% chance to be a 6*. (6* 0.8%, Nexus 6* 0.2%). The new ones have a total of 3%. A Nexus is still a 6*.
    See 1/100 —> 3/100 is an increase of 300%

grfvb said:

grfvb said:

Ragnabro said:

Kd101 said:

*Nexii (?) XD
    Kd101 said:

grfvb said:

grfvb said:

Ragnabro said:

Kd101 said:

See 1/100 —> 3/100 is an increase of 300%
    It's an increase of 200%, but that's besides the point.

If I go to the store to buy a coke or Pepsi and I pay for it open it in the car and drink it. Only for it to taste weird. I then turn the bottle on to the back and in very fine print it says diet flavor.

Now the front package is identical. Would you trust you were getting a coke? And would it be your fault for not reading the back first to make sure it was regular not diet?

But that's not what happened at all. We all know where to check drop rates. They didn't try and hide it by putting the rates in a different spot or anything. They were there for everyone one to check.

It's not bait and switch. It's not even shady. I'm almost 100% certain Miike said in the past that Cav nexus crystals weren't going to be updated, but I am not certain. I feel this came up before.
    You are incorrect sir. It was not clear. It had to be researched. Hence it’s not clear. Clear would be stated on front of the advert. Old cav crystals for sale. Not new. And packaging was the same
    By "researched" you mean clicking on the icon in the deals screen and seeing the drop rates like you always?
    Did you not read up top? That is called fine print….. something one would be more likely to realize after everything is over and the mistake would have been made. The whole point is that something that simple and easy to neglect shouldn’t have been that way.
    And the 300% chance difference is something people could get upset about

Yes that is searching. And I don’t always do it When I expect to just get a Pepsi because I’m familiar with Pepsi.

Clicking a link to search the drop rates is research
    Are you familiar with Cavalier Nexus Crystals?
This discussion has been closed.