Why doesnt Falcon‘s redwing shut down Spider man evade

2»

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★
    walkerdog said:

walkerdog said:

Reducing something by 100% isn't ambitious and takes no context. UNLESS you're bad at math and a programmer, or bad at describing whats happening.

My guy he’s saying that if Kabam say it’s not bugged, and they say that it works as a flat percentage, and if in practice you see with your own eyes that someone can evade falcon with enhanced ability accuracy and if you know logically, that 120 - 100 is not 0, then continuing to blindly say that MinUs 100 pErCenT oF 120 iS sTiLL ZeRo is absolutely illogical.

It is absolutely possible and within the confines of reality to use percentage as a flat number, or as a pseudo unit as DNA pointed out. So you saying, no it’s not logical, also I don’t believe Kabam when they say it’s not bugged, and also that 120-100 not being 0 doesn’t make sense is pretty much ignoring the context that DNA is referring to.

Nobody is saying that 100% of 120 isn’t 120. We’re saying, in this context, it’s not being used in that way. You can accept that, or continue grumbling any time you use falcon.
    Yes, I'm in agreement with you that its not bugged, and I've read DNA's very useful writeups before, and your very helpful writeup too! I didn't mean to totally derail this. I'm more complaining about how when you point Kabam to a wording issue, rather than really acknowledging it or working on it, they defend it as working properly.

Imo they really should move away from %, or choose a different wording other than "reduce" because in combination with "by 100%"... well, I can't imagine many people reading it and assuming that increased AA could overcome that.

I also wish they'd be more consistent in their use of things like passive damage effects (where some work for Gulk for example and others don't, and the line between them is "kabam said so"), that sort of thing.

If you make a game and rules in the game, you should be willing to improve those things so they make sense when read and are consistent, not "well you have to see what we WANTED to happen not what the characters say" (Imo!).

I dont just mean things "in kabams favor" too - Magik should be reworded to her actual functionality since she gets more power than she "should" (correct me if I'm wrong) with her sp2.
    I wouldn't be against Falcon's description reading -100% flat ability accuracy to clear some stuff up, but to be honest that would still lead to people making posts about falcon not countering enhanced ability accuracy
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian

It's simple. Every ability has two components: the visible Ability Accuracy and the Invisible Ability Accuracy Modifier. If a champion has a 30% chance to trigger an ability, it is actually 30% x 100%, with 100% being the Ability Accuracy Modifier.

Actually, the "hidden ability accuracy modifier" is not a hidden property of the ability, it is actually an invisible champion stat. When you debuff AA, you're really debuffing the champion's AA. That AA gets multiplied to any of that' champion's ability's AA to get the final AA.

In fact, weirdly there was actually a loading screen help text that explained this long ago, and it was removed a few years back for reasons unknown.
  • DuramDuram Member Posts: 17
    Because it decreases it by a flat 100% so if any defensive is above 100% by anything they can still do it