**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How are all finding the game and compensations at the moment

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    orpimeS said:

slayer6 said:

@orpimeS 2 tier 1 alpha 30 x health pots and an apology maybe 5 premium hero crystals is the compensation.
    Oh and an excuse that there is no fix until dexember

You really do hate em. Lol.
    Frankly, I don't care about the compensation but about clarity.
    Yea their clarity really needs to improve.
  • slayer6slayer6 Posts: 377 ★★
    What platform you running @Demonzfyre ?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    slayer6 said:

@The_Sentry06 complaining for no reason that’s my view if you see these bugs as no reason to complain you win the internet for not only today but for the week, plenty will have opinions as I’m sure you do with your no reason to complain attitude that’s what this posts for to see what others thi k lol

But at the moment you’ve offered no solution other than fire people and stop people spending.

You’re also saying “just fix the game” which betrays your lack of knowledge about how complex the bug is. Other than offering the legitimate feedback of Kabam could improve on communication (which i fully agree with) I’m not sure what else you’re adding to the conversation except baseless complaints, tin foil conspiracy theories and negative comments. None of which are going to get the compensation or the bug fix here quicker.

We all want the bug to be fixed, but how do you think you’re helping?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    AntzRodz said:

Game works perfectly well for me.

@Demonzfyre No one asked you if the game is working fine for u or no.. they are plenty of member's facing the issue of the above said... Parry/Dex failing, network errors leading to crashing and combos getting messed midway... If ur game is working fine . Enjoy the game .. other's have their rights to complain about what issues they are facing, don't come all over again defending the game saying it's skills and whatever...
    Oh it's you.. maybe go back and read what OP posted... I'll do it for you since your incapable of it.. OP said "I'm intrigued as to how others are finding things". This means they're asking how other people are experiencing the game. I personally do not have any of the main issues.

So yes, OP literally was asking everyone. I didn't say not to comment, or quit complaining or anything of the sort like you just tried to make it seem like I did. It's great to see you put a lot of effort in to trying to make me the bad guy. I answered a question honestly inna thread that is on a public forum. @AntzRodz let's see how try and spin this as me being mean to you. I bet you won't even own up to your mistake.
    @BitterSteel do you work for kabam or fix the bugs? If you don’t how do you know what’s true and what’s not? Or just guessing.
    I sure as hell don’t know but your guessing just like everyone else.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    slayer6 said:

@The_Sentry06 complaining for no reason that’s my view if you see these bugs as no reason to complain you win the internet for not only today but for the week, plenty will have opinions as I’m sure you do with your no reason to complain attitude that’s what this posts for to see what others thi k lol

You are complaining about spending glory in the glory store to an extent that things are more expensive than usual. Would you have had the same dilemma without the bug? No you wouldn't. Having too much glory to spend literally proves that the AQ compensation was more than adequate.

Sorry if it seems like I'm having a go at you but that's not my intention.
    @Demonzfyre I did ask what others thought as we all have a view on it your 100% correct there
    @The_Sentry06 I don’t mind I’m a big boy I asked for opinions and that’s what I’m getting all good man
    edited August 2021
    I think I need an android then lol and full battery to i dont have that often @Demonzfyre
    I’m off to bed ya all have fun while I get well needed beauty rest 👍🏼
    slayer6 said:

@ BitterSteel do you work for kabam or fix the bugs? If you don’t how do you know what’s true and what’s not? Or just guessing.

If you knew how the process worked with fixing a bug, you'd never have said "just fix the game". Something that is bugged at the core of the game, like the game engine, isn't easy to fix. It's connected to everything.

It's possible that's it's really not even a true bug but just how the performance of the game engine works and we're not used to it. On top of being a core process, you have 100's of different devices spec'd out in different ways that you have to program the game to work with. None of this is easy. It's completely unfair for you to say someone should be fired when you don't even have clue in how to do thier job. You don't even understand the basics.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    GOTG said:

So a week ago it's just me who had enough courage to say that the game was fine and now more people stand up against the gang who blame everything on Kabam even after their own mistakes and hoping for free stuffs. That's right people. That's enough. That's enough parry and dex bs and enough compensation begging.

How droll. Can you not come up with a new schtick yet?
    edited August 2021
    slayer6 said:

@BitterSteel do you work for kabam or fix the bugs? If you don’t how do you know what’s true and what’s not? Or just guessing.

"Finding a solution for this issue is a complex task, as we have to base a lot of this on “feel” while also trying to verify with Data." MCOC Game Team
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/274203/gameplay-issues-fix-timeline#latest

"we believe that a recent update to our game engine is the cause of the problems that players are experiencing"
    "Making those improvements will be a lengthy process where we will be overhauling a large part of the game to work with this engine update." MCOC Game Team
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/276481/update-gameplay-concerns-affecting-parry-and-dexterity#latest

"The assumption you've made is that this is somehow an easy thing to identify or fix. Neither of those things is true."
    "In this case, we believe it may have something to do with our Game Engine update, but can't say that for sure yet. That is something that touches literally every aspect of the game, so identifying what that could be is not something that can be done very quickly." Kabam Miike
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1851054#Comment_1851054

I mean, if you call reading what Kabam say and basing an opinion off the facts they give, sure, I'm guessing.

slayer6 said:

I once heard bill Clinton say he did not have sexual relations with that women to, what people tell you and what actually happens are 3 different things.
    Your truth
    Their truth
    And the real truth.
    I may not be a gamer geek at repairing but months to fix is a long long time to me and obviously a lot of others.

Oh ok, so you’re just saying Kabam are lying?
    slayer6 said:

@BitterSteel I don’t know maybe and maybe not as your not sure either none of us are who don’t work for them.

Ok but you’re the only one here spreading conspiracy theories that Kabam actually aren’t upgrading their game engine, and that it’s not actually a hard bug to fix.
    I guarantee I ain’t the only one thinking and saying it

slayer6 said:

"Finding a solution for this issue is a complex task, as we have to base a lot of this on “feel” while also trying to verify with Data." MCOC Game Team
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/274203/gameplay-issues-fix-timeline#latest

"we believe that a recent update to our game engine is the cause of the problems that players are experiencing"
    "Making those improvements will be a lengthy process where we will be overhauling a large part of the game to work with this engine update." MCOC Game Team
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/276481/update-gameplay-concerns-affecting-parry-and-dexterity#latest

"The assumption you've made is that this is somehow an easy thing to identify or fix. Neither of those things is true."
    "In this case, we believe it may have something to do with our Game Engine update, but can't say that for sure yet. That is something that touches literally every aspect of the game, so identifying what that could be is not something that can be done very quickly." Kabam Miike
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1851054#Comment_1851054

I mean, if you call reading what Kabam say and basing an opinion off the facts they give, sure, I'm guessing.

Research and facts aren't very popular on the forums.
    Well learn something knew each day cheers @Demonzfyre im out need sleep
    slayer6 said:

I guarantee I ain’t the only one thinking and saying it

More people saying or thinking it doesn't make it any less of a conspiracy theory
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    I’ve definitely been hit by parry issues. Dex too.
    It’s been completely random when, where and how often it happens.
    The AW/AQ compensation has more than covered issues I have faced in that content.
    Almost no trouble in AW. AQ has been bad at times.
    I had serious trouble against sop grandmaster, dex randomly wasn’t working. Controls in the fight felt really unresponsive. Cost me quite a few revives.

slayer6 said:

Research and facts aren't very popular on the forums.
    Apparently they can be countered by "Well Bill Clinton lied about having sexual relations", I may have to use that one myself when I disagree with someone.
    Same lol
    slayer6 said:

your not 100% on if kabam are telling truth or not either as much as you think you believe, do you believe everything you hear from people on the internet you don’t even know.

No I don't believe everything I hear on the internet. For example, I don't believe someone who says the best option is to fire employees for an issue they admit they don't understand, or that a company should remove the option to spend while a bug is going on.

But I'll tell you what I do believe, a game team representative who is informing us on the status, cause and complexity of a bug that kabam have no benefit to keep in game any longer than it takes to say "conspiracy theory". I believe them, because they have no reason to lie. What benefit could Kabam possibly have for keeping a bug in the game? Annoyed players, reduced spending in the short and long term, but hey, at least a few players bought a few revives?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Occam, Ocham or Ockham. Named for Franciscan friar and counterpoint to Aquinas, William of Ockham.

Different spellings I assume result from conversion from Old English.

And I urge the team to send relief so we can move on to clogging the forums with threads debating its sufficiency/ insufficiency.

Dr. Zola