**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Prof Hoff's interview with Kabam Brocolli

magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
I'm not a huge fan of Prof Hoff's content but tbf this was very well done by him. Would recommend anyone to watch it.

https://youtu.be/cftzWWXK9qM

Timestamps (KB = Kabam Broccoli):

1:10 - How KB felt about people reaching out
2:22 - How KB got his name
3:52 - "Post mortem" of Ebony Maw
6:03 - KB's underappreciated champ and skills
8:22 - KB's favourite character to play
9:47 - KB's favourite character to design
12:56 - KB talks about the process of designing champs
20:36 - Does the team have regrets on Ghost and Quake?
22:26 - Does KB specifically design OP characters?
22:34 - Has KB ever had to tune down his characters?
24:24 - Why Ebony maw flopped
28:45 - Characters KB would have liked to design if he stayed
30:09 - Do they take into account a character's power level in the comics/movies? (RIP Sentry)
32:54 - Teaser on KB's last champ
34:09 - Why KB left Kabam
35:30 - Would KB come back to MCOC?
36:14 - What it was like working for Kabam
39:32 - Will the game return to normalcy?
41:50 - Does Kabam have a quota on how many OP character they can release?
45:01 - What would KB change about the game?
47:07 - Is there anything coming to the game that will reassure players after a bad pull? (Wish crystals?)
48:17 - KB's thoughts on Kabam Miike
50:08 - Was KB happy with how ibom, doom and apoc turned out?
52:59 - Design process of BWCV
55:06 - Future game KB will work on
56:28 - Are there characters KB would've loved to design instead of someone else?
58:30 - Would KB keep in touch with Kabam and play MCOC?
1:01:11 - KB's final words

Comments

• ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 290 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DawsMan said:

huge bummer that he would do it with hoff instead of someone who actually brings something positive to the community like a brian grant (or honestly, almost ANYONE else)

I would argue that this interview is something positive that prof brought to the community. Prof is a journalist or teaches it I think. At least he's brought it up a lot. And I thought this interview was well done. Time was managed, questions were asked and all within an hour. I'm not sure that other content creators would've/did reach out to him and want to interview him, not sure if they had the time. And perhaps they wouldn't have the know how to do so. I would rather be happy that we got to hear from a kabam employee in a positive way then be disappointed with the interviewer.
    Prof Hoff should get kudos for putting in the effort to secure and conduct the interview. However, I suspect that the content creators that are part of the Content Creator Program did not attempt something similar for the simple reason that Brocolli was active in the CCP program, so they had the opportunity for direct interactions with him. That might have made it seem like an odd thing to request when you're in that situation already.
    Honestly, the information shared within the CCP is so strict on how that can be communicated outside the CCP that it would probably never work if you were in that program and wanted to do an Interview with an existing Kabam employee because a lot that would be interesting for non-CCP members can't be said.

However, this is a unique opportunity and one that allows people to see the way a creator of a champion thinks mentally when making one. Whilst there are many other ways, there is an ability to get questions answered that may not be something we would even think to ask.

Obviously there is still an NDA I'd assume about certain things even an ex-employee can say, but it may be more trade secret things.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,160 ★★★★★

DawsMan said:

huge bummer that he would do it with hoff instead of someone who actually brings something positive to the community like a brian grant (or honestly, almost ANYONE else)

I would argue that this interview is something positive that prof brought to the community. Prof is a journalist or teaches it I think. At least he's brought it up a lot. And I thought this interview was well done. Time was managed, questions were asked and all within an hour. I'm not sure that other content creators would've/did reach out to him and want to interview him, not sure if they had the time. And perhaps they wouldn't have the know how to do so. I would rather be happy that we got to hear from a kabam employee in a positive way then be disappointed with the interviewer.
    I won’t click on his channel so I won’t see it. The interview may be solid, but this is a guy that brings so much negativity and damages the community so much that it’s just very sad that KB would choose him
    Knew one doesn’t like to watch it because of the negative but I’m do things you’re should had a watch even though u disliked one I’m disliked him to I’m didn’t watch proff. I’m watching Kabam broccoli in that’s sens lissing to and that’s made it worth it it was a changed I’m do hopefully hope you getting to watch it just to listen to it but in the end it you’re decided to make what you do but u shouldn’t made this’ll as a hatere as you do just because you disliked one just my opinion so let’s not getting to hassle one each other it after all a game peach out
  • UnitmanUnitman Posts: 241 ★★
    Very insightful to the process of how a champ comes to be.

Based on the “little extra” that some of these champs get, I’d assume it’s safe to say that knull is gonna slap

This discussion has been closed.