**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The last couple month’s login calendar offers were so good….what happened?

GarrettNGarrettN Posts: 1,092 ★★★★★
It had a full 6* crystal previously, now it’s been subbed in for 5 cav nexus crystals. The daily login was a 30 day calendar as well but now it’s only 14 days with (1) sig stone per day. The value has been cut but the price is still $50 usd. You’re not really enticing anything with this.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    They're not all the same Offers.
  • Options
    GarrettN said:

They're not all the same Offers.

Boy you got that right. But for the same price, I’d expect similar quality.
    That depends. Sigs are hard to come by. Some people need them. It entirely depends on who wants them and where they're at.
  • Options
    *correction. 6* Sigs are hard to come by. Still, Offers aren't just for the same demographic. Some people dont get as many.
  • Options
    AldacAldac Posts: 475 ★★★
    Agreed.

It may not be the same offer, but it’s still a daily card being released on the 1st of the month, and people will have expectations based on recent history.

The Thronebreaker card for August had a 6 star, 15,000 6-star shards, 10 Nexus Cavs, 15 signature stone crystals and 500,000 gold. The card for September was broadly similar with a few changes (6-star rank up resources instead of hero shards).
    If you start a pattern like this people will be disappointed if you make a significant change.

I don’t know how the game economy team is valuing these items but 25% T5CC doesn’t feel like it makes up for the “missing” items.
  • Options
    Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 607 ★★★
    A year ago you paid 50$ for a 10% t5cc selector and nothing more, now you get 14 generic sigs, 25% selector and 5 cav nexus, that’s a pretty good deal considering what 50$ got a year ago
  • Options
    Aldac said:

I don’t think it’s that useful to compare offers from a year ago given how quickly the game economy changes.

Sure it is, it directly shows that 12 offers later the value is way up.

Also 1450 units is 50$, that’s the units it takes to buy 5 featured cavs in which you get no choice at all in regards to what champ you get.
  • Options
    _Kuzuri__Kuzuri_ Posts: 3

A year ago you paid 50$ for a 10% t5cc selector and nothing more, now you get 14 generic sigs, 25% selector and 5 cav nexus, that’s a pretty good deal considering what 50$ got a year ago

That's pretty weak argument buddy, you can't compare anything in this game that was a year ago, especially when two previous months were simply way better offers.😉
  • Options
    _Kuzuri_ said:

That's pretty weak argument buddy, you can't compare anything in this game that was a year ago, especially when two previous months were simply way better offers.😉
    There is no "standard". Not specifically. Offers are for a range of Items, with a range of demographics in mind. The rarity of the Items only plays a part. People see one Offer and call that the standard value, but in reality it entirely depends on who needs what's offered enough to buy it.
  • Options
    _Kuzuri_ said:

How were they better? Cause you got shards that could just as easily get you a groot as it could a Nick fury?
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

*correction. 6* Sigs are hard to come by. Still, Offers aren't just for the same demographic. Some people dont get as many.

Sig stones are not worth $3/stone
    Apparently they are.
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

Correct but 5 regular cavs are the only thing you can truly see what kabam values it at, which is 175 units each or 30$, Leaving 20$ between 14 sigs and 25% selector. I’d say it’s a balanced offer that came after months which had over inflated offers
  • Options

Ebony_Naw said:

Correct but 5 regular cavs are the only thing you can truly see what kabam values it at, which is 175 units each or 30$, Leaving 20$ between 14 sigs and 25% selector. I’d say it’s a balanced offer that came after months which had over inflated offers
    Yes, the entirety of what's offered is part of the value.
  • Options

Ebony_Naw said:

Yes, the entirety of what's offered is part of the value.
    Exactly so this offer doesn’t say a sig is 3$, in fact it probably doesn’t even have them at a full dollar a piece
  • Options
    AldacAldac Posts: 475 ★★★
    edited October 2021
    If that’s the case, I imagine a lot of people will skip the “balanced” offer then. I hadn’t been buying them for a long time but was impressed with the previous two months. This month is hugely disappointing in comparison.

Regardless of what we all think about value, I’m sure Kabam will be able to gauge the desirability of these from their sales data.
  • Options
    _Kuzuri__Kuzuri_ Posts: 3
    edited October 2021
    Aldac said:

If that’s the case, I imagine a lot of people will a skip the “balanced” offer then. I hadn’t been buying them for a long time but was impressed with the previous two months. This month is hugely disappointing in comparison.

Regardless of what we all think about value, I’m sure Kabam will be able to gauge the desirability of these from their sales data.

Yeah, they will find out eventually, but we will have to wait till next month lol. Anyways, it's hard to argue with the local shills lol, Imagine being glad to spend the same amount for less value, and yes it's factually less than previous two months.
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Two reasons I disagree:

1. The core of the deal is almost certainly the stones and selector, and the cavs are meant to be the throw in item. It may be intent of Kabam only needs $20 additional of value. I have no issues with giving these items for retail value. That’s just not a traditional way these deals work to encourage spending, hence the feedback here.

2. More fundamentally, your thinking is flawed in thinking that deals for units translate directly into the cash value of purchasing those units. Cash deals ALWAYS provide better value, while deals for units are generally inflated with rare exceptions.
    Sure basic on kabam economics, but real life you tell me 30$ is 850 units which gets me 5 cav crystals then logic says 5 cav crystals is a 30$ value. You saying if I offer you 4 quarter for a dollar bill it’s not valued even?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Two reasons I disagree:

1. The core of the deal is almost certainly the stones and selector, and the cavs are meant to be the throw in item. It may be intent of Kabam only needs $20 additional of value. I have no issues with giving these items for retail value. That’s just not a traditional way these deals work to encourage spending, hence the feedback here.

2. More fundamentally, your thinking is flawed in thinking that deals for units translate directly into the cash value of purchasing those units. Cash deals ALWAYS provide better value, while deals for units are generally inflated with rare exceptions.
    Sure basic on kabam economics, but real life you tell me 30$ is 850 units which gets me 5 cav crystals then logic says 5 cav crystals is a 30$ value. You saying if I offer you 4 quarter for a dollar bill it’s not valued even?
    1. In-App purchases happen in real life.

2. In real life, microtransaction games do not design their offers to sell the maximum amount of product, a fact most armchair economists fail to account for, which makes them incapable of analyzing in-game offers properly. In-app purchases are not balanced around their value. They are balanced around the concept of tiered targeting, something a lot of industries do beyond the games industry, such as the airline industry in particular.

Comparing the intrinsic value of in-app offers to try to determine their proper pricing is like measuring the width of the seats on an airplane to deduce the proper pricing of their associated airline tickets.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    The Cav offer is not very enticing. T2a is in overflow, and random sig crystals are unhelpful.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,304 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021

Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Two reasons I disagree:

Does anyone actually pay 30$ for 5 basic cavaliers? As in pay 30$ to buy unit pack and then buy cavaliers from those units? I can still understand featured cavaliers but who buys basics with real world money? And if you really want to compare cavalier nexus crystals, it’s actually 5$ for 2.
  • Options
    Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    I bought the Cavalier offer, and actually had some luck

• Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Drake2078 said:

I bought the Cavalier offer, and actually had some luck

Same basically, got 6* ibomb and a nexus (groot awakened)