**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are you going for the 6* featured or sticking with the basic ?

Comments

• AldacAldac Posts: 475 ★★★
    6* Featured
    What exactly are the odds of opening 12 of these and just getting the same four mediocre characters over and over again?

When this crystal came out I was super excited as there are at least nine of the characters I really wanted, plus some helpful dupes. As it’s turned out I’ve just pulled the same four characters over and over to the point it really doesn’t feel ransom (yeah yeah I’m sure it is, don’t @ me)

If I never see War Machine and Gamora again it will be too soon 😭😡
  • 6* Featured
    Polygon said:

DNA3000 said:

Pull #5: Spider-Man 2099. I guess I need to learn how to play him now.

Nice your luck has been great
    Pull #7: Guillotine (again)

Pull #8: Cyclops (first time awaken)

RNG giveth, RNG sticketh.

Although pulling Herc twice automatically disqualifies me from complaining about this featured, no matter how many duds I pull. Going to keep rolling the dice, as I'm still hunting for Peni, Medusa, Iceman, Torch, and Diablo, and I wouldn't mind getting Peni, Gwenpool, Venompool, Gamora, and actually I still don't have (and new champs always welcome) Overseer, Purg, and Chavez. That's still half the champs in the crystal, and I also wouldn't mind awakening S2099 or Thor Rag or just straight up getting more sigs on Herc.

So the odds are still leaning somewhat in my favor to get a better than average pull, so I'm likely to keep pulling until it runs out. Unless there's a gigantic flood of 6* shards in the BF/CW deals and I get ridiculously lucky.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    6* Basic
    I'm not giving up hope on blue mutant bird man
  • 6* Featured
    Aldac said:

What exactly are the odds of opening 12 of these and just getting the same four mediocre characters over and over again?

When this crystal came out I was super excited as there are at least nine of the characters I really wanted, plus some helpful dupes. As it’s turned out I’ve just pulled the same four characters over and over to the point it really doesn’t feel ransom (yeah yeah I’m sure it is, don’t @ me)

If I never see War Machine and Gamora again it will be too soon 😭😡

War Machine is better than average after his buff in my opinion. If nothing else, his prefights have some interesting utility.
  • AldacAldac Posts: 475 ★★★
    6* Featured
    I don’t dispute that at all. I just don’t like using the character and am not thrilled after repeatedly pulling him. And Gamora 😭. For the record I really wanted Medusa, Stark or Iceman from this one.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    6* Featured
    Five bites at the apple…

Two Gamora dupes
    An Iceman
    A War Machine
    and an America Chavez.

Dr. Zola
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    6* Featured
    I'm always gunning for featured now.. although my luck for this run is pretty poor

My attempts for Peni and duping Herc

2 x Thor Rags
    2 x Diablo
    3 x Rogue
    2 x Medusa
    2 x Miles
    1 x Guillotine
    1 x Gamora
    1 x War Mchine
    2 x Cyclops blue
    2 x X23
    3 x Karnak
    1 x DD
    1 x GP

Now i need to collect some shards again
    edited November 2021
    6* Featured

I'm always gunning for featured now.. although my luck for this run is pretty poor

My attempts for Peni and duping Herc

2 x Thor Rags
    2 x Diablo
    3 x Rogue
    2 x Medusa
    2 x Miles
    1 x Guillotine
    1 x Gamora
    1 x War Mchine
    2 x Cyclops blue
    2 x X23
    3 x Karnak
    1 x DD
    1 x GP

Now i need to collect some shards again

Your misfortune makes me feel a little bit better (although I’d be more than happy with a duped Medusa, Miles, Rogue or Diablo).

There’s like a 12% chance of popping that many without at least one Peni or Herc.

Dr. Zola
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,187 ★★★★
    6* Featured
    Can I get to know the secret to get a 6* featured so fast
  • 6* Featured
    Pull #9: Nebula (sigs)
    Pull #10: Miles (sigs)
    Pull #11: War Machine (awaken)
    Pull #12: Gamora (new)
    Pull #13: Medusa (new)
    Pull #14: Purgatory (new)
    Pull #15: S2099 (awaken)

I seem to be getting an above average rate of dups, but eh, still going to keep at it. Still lots of good stuff to go for in there. Medusa is nice to have, and the dup on S2099 probably makes him my next R3 (and my first science R3).
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    6* Basic
    Might need to switch it up.
    Gamora 1st time
    Rouge - 1st time
    War Machine Awaken
    Thor Rags 1st time
    Spidey 2099 1st time
    Iceman 1st time
    BPOG 1st time
    Thor Rags Awaken
  • 6* Featured
    In case anyone is still interested, here's an update with all my pulls listed:

1. Hercules (new)
    2. Nebula (awaken)
    3. Guillotine (new)
    4. War Machine (new)
    5. Spiderman 2099 (new)
    6. Hercules (awaken)
    7. Guillotine (awaken)
    8. Cyclops (awaken)
    9. Nebula (sigs)
    10. Miles (sigs)
    11. War Machine (awaken)
    12. Gamora (new)
    13. Medusa (new)
    14. Purgatory (new)
    15. Spiderman 2099 (awaken)
    16. Spiderman 2099 (sigs)
    17. Peni Parker (new)
    18. X-23 (awaken)

This now leaves eight champions I still don't have in the crystal: Overseer, America Chavez, Sparky, Iceman, Torch, Diablo, Gwenpool, and Venompool. Additionally, five champions I have but don't have awakened: Peni, Purgatory, Medusa, Thor Rags, and Gamora. The crystal is now a lot less valuable than it start off. I've pulled all three of the top new champs (Herc, Peni, 2099). Of the arguably strongest of the older batch, I've pulled one (Medusa) of the five (the others being Sparky, Iceman, Torch, Diablo). Of all the champs I don't have, I still really want Torch, Diablo, and Iceman, but the numbers say the value of the crystal is approaching the basic, and the next featured has some interesting targets to go after (Kitty being the #1 on my list at the moment). So debating how to proceed.

The strategy that is starting to become attractive is to only open Sigil discount featureds, and save all excess shards for the next one. But I run suicides, and that Diablo is a tempting target. What I will probably do is throttle down to Sigil crystals and then decide what to do near the end of the current featured window.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,833 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

In case anyone is still interested, here's an update with all my pulls listed:

1. Hercules (new)
    2. Nebula (awaken)
    3. Guillotine (new)
    4. War Machine (new)
    5. Spiderman 2099 (new)
    6. Hercules (awaken)
    7. Guillotine (awaken)
    8. Cyclops (awaken)
    9. Nebula (sigs)
    10. Miles (sigs)
    11. War Machine (awaken)
    12. Gamora (new)
    13. Medusa (new)
    14. Purgatory (new)
    15. Spiderman 2099 (awaken)
    16. Spiderman 2099 (sigs)
    17. Peni Parker (new)
    18. X-23 (awaken)

This now leaves eight champions I still don't have in the crystal: Overseer, America Chavez, Sparky, Iceman, Torch, Diablo, Gwenpool, and Venompool. Additionally, five champions I have but don't have awakened: Peni, Purgatory, Medusa, Thor Rags, and Gamora. The crystal is now a lot less valuable than it start off. I've pulled all three of the top new champs (Herc, Peni, 2099). Of the arguably strongest of the older batch, I've pulled one (Medusa) of the five (the others being Sparky, Iceman, Torch, Diablo). Of all the champs I don't have, I still really want Torch, Diablo, and Iceman, but the numbers say the value of the crystal is approaching the basic, and the next featured has some interesting targets to go after (Kitty being the #1 on my list at the moment). So debating how to proceed.

The strategy that is starting to become attractive is to only open Sigil discount featureds, and save all excess shards for the next one. But I run suicides, and that Diablo is a tempting target. What I will probably do is throttle down to Sigil crystals and then decide what to do near the end of the current featured window.

Thanks for the updates, it’s good data .

I’m in the exact same boat as you now. Just pulled this guy

The champs before that were S99 and diablo, the previous like 5 or 6 weren’t worth listing.

Now I’m only missing Hercules, and I gambled on the trade store and managed to get this

But I don’t know if the odds are now favoring the basic or the next featured as you hinted to.

While the next feat is also nice, I’d mainly be interested in Kitty and Knull, and to a lesser extent Nimrod and maybe Antivenom. Regardless , neither of those are as juicy as Herc. Kitty surely comes close, but I’d still have 3 whole months to get her. Whereas for herc , the odds will drop from 4% to a 1/176 chance which means I may never end up getting him again.

A direct counter argument to that last sentence could be if I decide to wait for next year’s July 4 as they could have a 10 champ nexus like last year. Would you be willing to wait that long if you were just missing 1 champ from the feat?

• silentagsilentag Posts: 429 ★★★
    6* Basic
    Really wanting to get Mister Negative since I missed him in the featured. At this point though also, I’m really trying for more dupes, so I’d rather try basics
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    6* Featured
    I’m done with this featured now. Pulled herc in my first opening and continued popping them for the awakening. Managed to get it done with a 6* AG from the trade store. Pulls were:

Herc
    Medusa x2
    War machine x2
    Iceman
    Karnak
    Nebula
    Blue cyclops
    X23
    Venompool
    Gamora
    Gwen pool
    Miles
    America Chavez

Poor return on featured champs - 2/15
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 776 ★★★
    6* Basic
    The only way I’d buy featured is if they released another mechanically broken champ like Quake or Ghost. Outside of that, I’ve got multiple champs for every scenario anyway.
    6* Featured
    After finally grabbing Peni with my 8th featured, I’ve gone basic for my last two and awakened my Red Mags and added Sunspot.

There are still solid drops in the featured for me, but the risk of pulling a redupe of Gamora, Rags, Guilotine or Karnak as well as the possibility of any of Cyke, America, Purgatory or OGDD are enough to scare me off.

Next featured, however…

Dr. Zola
    FiiNCH said:

I’m done with this featured now. Pulled herc in my first opening and continued popping them for the awakening. Managed to get it done with a 6* AG from the trade store. Pulls were:

Herc
    Medusa x2
    War machine x2
    Iceman
    Karnak
    Nebula
    Blue cyclops
    X23
    Venompool
    Gamora
    Gwen pool
    Miles
    America Chavez

Would’ve kept going if you didn’t get a gem for him?
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,264 ★★★★★
    Popped 10 when it was released, pulled Herc, Peni, 2xChavez, Iceman. Now saving for next featured for Kitty, AntiV and Knull.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    6* Featured
    Polygon said:

FiiNCH said:

Herc
    Medusa x2
    War machine x2
    Iceman
    Karnak
    Nebula
    Blue cyclops
    X23
    Venompool
    Gamora
    Gwen pool
    Miles
    America Chavez

Would’ve kept going if you didn’t get a gem for him?
    Yeah I think I would have. If I didn’t pull him I’d have had to do abyss exploration
    The last few comments tell me most people are starting to hoard for the next featured as they’ve gotten Herc from this one already.

I’m one of the few that has gotten every good pull (torch, diablo, spiderman99 etc) from this pull, but ive yet to pull Herc. Should I just keep going until I get him?

Is anyone else in the same boat?

I already have a cosmic gem I can use for him.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,670 ★★★★
    6* Featured
    Polygon said:

The last few comments tell me most people are starting to hoard for the next featured as they’ve gotten Herc from this one already.

I’m one of the few that has gotten every good pull (torch, diablo, spiderman99 etc) from this pull, but ive yet to pull Herc. Should I just keep going until I get him?

Is anyone else in the same boat?

I already have a cosmic gem I can use for him.

As always, I think this stuff is Roster dependent. For me, I’m still sticking with this crystal for now.

I’ve had solid luck so far - no complaints really - HT, Duped my Diablo, Duped my Venompool, Iceman, Warmachine+Dup, Rags. Yeah, I also pulled some duds (AC, Duped my Rogue). All that said, I still haven’t hit my top two wants, Herc and Peni. I also wouldn’t mind duping my HT, duping my Miles, or getting S2099. So, going to stick with it for at least a few more pulls.

I’ll admit that part of it is also that I’m not sure the next Gem will have more value for me given my roster. I already have Nimrod, not sure I need yet another top tier mutant (my roster is stacked both at 5 and 6*) even though Kitty looks great. Sure, would be great up Knull or dupe my Nimrod, but there are going to have to be some other really good champs (like Doom or Warlock) for me to want to focus on the next crystal. Otherwise I’ll be back to the basic pool once Herc and Peni are there on Jan 11.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    6* Featured
    Nine crystals after, the highest number of a specific featured 6* crystal I've ever opened, and I'm still without a dupe on my Purgatory but I managed to pull Gamora three times (sigh), followed by a Rogue, a gwenpool dupe (good for V8... and that's it), a 2nd dupe on Miles (close to useless), an America Chavez (good if I didn't already bet on purgatory) and the only island in this sea of desperation, two copies of X-23 that is now at R2.

I won't open another one of those crystals :-(
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Depends.

Wish we had the option for dual class crystals…..absurd we still don’t have that….among other things…
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    6* Featured
    Sticking with the ordinary 6*

So far I have pulled gamora and GwenPool both which are in featured 6* crystal from the ordinary 6* crystal so in my mind I have save 10,000 6* shards….
  • Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 516 ★★★
    6* Featured
    I had been going for the featured, got sp2099, and peni, then pulled 5* herc. Now I'm saving 6* shards for next featured to try for kitty pryde and Nimrod. Still doing the 5* featured though since they're both in there.