**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What are Your Predictions for Comp Today?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Deder80Deder80 Posts: 644 ★★★
    Typhoon said:

Hey everybody, compensation packages should be identical to the last ones with Potions and Revives. We know that this doesn't address each individuals needs, but as we laid out in this post here, there are many factors that lead to us not being able to accurately measure the impact of these issues.

For instance, on this thread alone (and I'm not throwing any shade, just trying to illustrate), I count at least 2 people that are on devices that are not affected by the issues that we're issuing these compensation packages for. This doesn't mean there aren't issues affecting them, but it is not the control input issues.

We're going to keep monitoring the situation and how players are affected, and try and get more accurate, but it is not easy. This is why we're going with generalized packages based on the difference between the "before and after" resource use based on existing content.

Doesn't seem like there's much issue figuring out how to issue weekly compensation for AQ/AW... so why is it such an issue for single player modes? You guys have done a fantastic job of avoiding this question since the start; just feels like you're kicking the can down the road at this point. 5 revives doesn't scratch the surface of these issues for a month and you know it!
    I agree with you! They can sure figure out when players are cheating, or who didn’t get the right crystals from the wrong drop rates but they can figure out these compensation package. I’m get so frustrated with these game lately. I pay big dollars to this game and honestly they don’t make it worth it anymore! And what gets me the most is is even if they gave everyone a huge compensation package it’s not like it cost them a dime to give us that. It’s not a retail store where there giving product that the company actually paid money for and need to turn a profit. This game is all profits. Yet they they treat us like we trying to get over on them. Their technology is amazing and I am very sure they know exactly what they are doing but keeping us in the darks is really going to push your best paying customers away.
  • Options
    Here our compensation. What a slap in the face for the amount of money I spend. I very disappointed.

• Options
    StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★

Deder80 said:

Here our compensation. What a slap in the face for the amount of money I spend. I very disappointed.

What are those numbers lmao
    That's not compensation. It's for new permanent solo objectives you won't need to do. Newer accounts will have to fulfill those objectives to get those rewards
  • Options
    Starhawk said:

Deder80 said:

What are those numbers lmao
    That's not compensation. It's for new permanent solo objectives you won't need to do. Newer accounts will have to fulfill those objectives to get those rewards
    I know it was just a joke cause everyone is talking about the horrible compensations lately haha
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Kerneas said:

Hey everybody, compensation packages should be identical to the last ones with Potions and Revives. We know that this doesn't address each individuals needs, but as we laid out in this post here, there are many factors that lead to us not being able to accurately measure the impact of these issues.

For instance, on this thread alone (and I'm not throwing any shade, just trying to illustrate), I count at least 2 people that are on devices that are not affected by the issues that we're issuing these compensation packages for. This doesn't mean there aren't issues affecting them, but it is not the control input issues.

We're going to keep monitoring the situation and how players are affected, and try and get more accurate, but it is not easy. This is why we're going with generalized packages based on the difference between the "before and after" resource use based on existing content.

You see, this is the thing with those issues: you addressed two types of issues:
    1) iOS only input issues
    2) Android RAM occupation

I am one of those people on Android, I confess (I know you didn't call any of us out, I just needed to make this clear) And I am ABSOLUTELY sure I have lost >5 revives due to game issues. Stuff like "I hold block and all of sudden my character stops blocking" happens. The game is frequently lags and crashes, although luckily your "return to fight" system saves a lot of resources. Yet, I have been KOed unfairly plenty of times, so if (as you said) you aren't making compensation packages based on those issues and only on those affecting iOS users, I have to ask what are you gonna do about the other issues?

I have recieved a compensation that was made for another type of issue, that doesn't affect me. However my issues cost me more than what I was given. So, what is your plan regarding compensating the other issues? Don't wanna point fingers and blame anyone, but you guys said you know about the other issues, soooo what is your plan?
    People have been complaining about issues on Android for years, basically for as long as the game has existed. This is problematic, because those issues may not be some singular problem. Because the developers identified one specific issue in the game that was due to a very specific architectural issue that they can fix and because they could actually identify a distinct change in player resource costs before and after the issue arose, they decided to offer players compensation for those issues. The root cause was specifically idenfiable, and the overall cost of the issues to the players was measurable, because the developers could compare before and after resource usage across the entire playerbase.

But if Android has just been wonky forever, there may be no single issue for them to fix. Android might be less stable because of things that constantly change: platforms change, Android itself changes, and the game constantly changes. There may not no single problem that any player is experiencing today that is being caused by anything that existed in the past, or that will exist in the future.

The devs can't offer compensation for that, because that would in essence be a permanent platform handicap. Android is less stable, so Android players get free resources forever. It is unfortunate, but that's just reality. Now, if hidden among all the Android glitches is an actual issue comparable to the iOS frame lock issue or the more global memory leak issue, then that is the sort of thing that if identified and if resolvable could be subject to compensation. However, at the moment there's no direct evidence of such a problem.
    You are right, not all Android issues can be fixed and compensated for. However the devs know about memory leak, so they could (in theory) put together some package for those affected, but it'd be hard and I doubt it'll happen.

I guess my main trouble is the "treatment" of Android players. We get sometimes really shafted. I for ex have multiple cases where I was playing good, made no mistakes, but the game did its thing and I got punished for nothing (stuff like throw heavy mid combo, that doesnt correcpond to my inputs at all). That hatches the feeling of unfairness inside players. And when we get compensation, we basically hear that it wasn't meant and designed for us, it was designed for iOS and we basically get it only "to be fair to you all".

Maybe I am overreacting, but the issues make me feel wronged, then I hear about how I am unaffected by input bugs and only by memory leak and in the end I get compensation, which I am told wasn't meant for me bcs it compensates for issues that do not concern me, but still I've got it so I better be grateful.

But in the end I have to say you were right about Android troubles. Android comes in many shapes and sizes and it must be a nightmare to optimize a game for so many of them.
  • Options
    Chris_ThisChris_This Posts: 40

GarrettN said:

Typhoon said:

Doesn't seem like there's much issue figuring out how to issue weekly compensation for AQ/AW... so why is it such an issue for single player modes? You guys have done a fantastic job of avoiding this question since the start; just feels like you're kicking the can down the road at this point.
    I just mentioned how we're doing it in this post. "This is why we're going with generalized packages based on the difference between the "before and after" resource use based on existing content."

Further, the AW and AQ Comp have not changed calculations at all. We started them early, and have kept them going. They're probably a little bit much, considering nobody is using all of those resources, but we're not going to change them now.
    So the answer is to undershoot so no one comes out ahead and some come out lower? I’m not really one of the affected (that I’m aware of) but it’s still kind of crummy to grade on a negative curve.
    Not really. We said that we're basing this on resource usage before vs after the issue arose, but because everybody is different, it won't be 1:1 for everybody.
    So if an unaffected user did not need to use items before the issue arose and and affected player now has to use, let''s say 10 revives, splitting the difference still screws the affected player. Compare this to the AQ comp which most would argue is excessive. If the same metrics are being applied, how is it that AQ comp is so high vs. solo comp? With AQ, most people are comfortable with the nodes and paths, whereas solo and side quests are tough and new. I can't imagine a scenario where people spend more resources on aq comp vs solo.