**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are you guys joking with this side quest design

Comments

• Options
    Danemo666Danemo666 Posts: 165 ★★
    Searmenis said:

Add a new end game level of difficulty to EQ and SQ so we can all enjoy the game. This month is a horrible chore for me, a 2-month TB who used to explore cav EQ with using around 10-15 revives each month. Now, I end up only doing arenas and lower difficulty EQ in autoplay. A good cav SQ level in my mind, is the Sasquatch month. A little hard for a cavalier and recent TB players, but enjoyable fights as far as I remember.

We have just been discussing this in my alliance. Definitely time for a tb option across the entire EQ and bring the cav/legendary back to what it was.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★

Diablord said:

Berjibs said:

@Ethereality that’s just not true, that blade fight was easy if you understood the nodes. Domino demolished him for eg. Sorcerer too.

Actually thought it was a good fight design myself…

Again -
    You named a few characters, not every character.
    Monthly event quest is supposed to be an easy 3 chapter content that mainly focuses on story content.
    Some fights can be tricky, such as the ikaris in this EQ. Ikaris, is tough but does not need very specific counters.
    Blade needed specific counters.
    206 characters but only 10-20 could beat him without Unit Man.
    I wouldn't even go that far to say that 20 could do it, definetely less . Only AA could do it easily, almost effortlessly . If numbers and luck were on your side, other AAR champs such as Domino, duped high sig BW, Taskmaster, Ronin or Psychoman could have a shot too . As mentioned before Sorcerer too but other than AA, downing him had a lot to do with luck because the way the nodes were designed to interact with Blade's abilities. I don't remember the details but it really didn't have much to do with lifecycle itself ( that is well known how to counter) the problem was that due to the nodes, if Blade threw an sp in an inconvenient time ( which happened like 98% of the time) then you were back to square one... or something along the lines of that... don't remember exactly but can look it up for you if you want. Only a 100% AAR champ would completely take luck out of the equation, so that meant a duped 112 sig AA.

The point remains though. Nothing about that Sadistic Blade design changes anything about the point of this thread, it just reinforces it actually.
    The blade fight is only a good example of people not understanding and consequently complaining about a relatively simple fight.

He had lifecycle, power alternator, unblockable specials (you and him), that one where you have to keep doing heavy attacks to maintain normal damage and lastly powershield.

The last three nodes all help you as forcing you to do heavy attacks increases the lifecycle grey sheild duration by knocking him down and the unblockable specials makes it easy to hit him while the grey shield is up. It also makes it easy to expend your power before he steals it as you don’t have to be actively in a combo or wait for an opening to connect a special. Lastly all your specials do 400% damage.

So all you had to do was, parry + heavy attacks and ideally spend your unblockable and ideally projectile sp1 as soon as you got it so he couldn’t steal your power and throw his sp2.

There are nearly 100 champs with projectile sp1. You don’t even need that though you can dash forwards and throw a normal sp1 as he is getting up from a heavy, just needed to be a long enough one that the duration outlasts the time taken for the lifecycle shield to go grey. I use this tactic all the time with colossus and OML on that node for eg.

This whole 10 champs, need AA reduction is nonsense. Domino did it well as she has class advantage and a decent projectile special.

The only hard thing once you understand the fight is maybe consistently dexing his sp1 but this was cav eq not master…it’s quite a simple one to deal with.

Agree with pretty much all else you posted though. 👍

• Options
    evilKINGwilsonevilKINGwilson Posts: 212
    Nocko said:

The scaling up of difficulty in the side quests is really noticeable and rewards have not scaled up with it

I’d be curious to know why there has been such a drastic shift in this game mode if any of the moderators wish to chime in on it

A lot of players in my alliance are having difficulty and frustration with it, and I can see why having just 100% todays release

Feels a lot like the inflation we are having in US
  • Options
    IRQIRQ Posts: 305 ★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Thanks to those of you who continue to provide useful and helpful info. We're definitely talking about it over here! :)

And we all know talking is all it will amount to, so you might as well just cut it.
  • Options
    IRQIRQ Posts: 305 ★★

Prof x takes Korg easily. Diablo takes terrax and annihilus. Doom takes surfer and and rest of the fights

Cute. Where do I get these? As in, reliably enough to have them for this event?
  • Options
    EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    Berjibs said:

Diablord said:

Berjibs said:

@Ethereality that’s just not true, that blade fight was easy if you understood the nodes. Domino demolished him for eg. Sorcerer too.

Again -
    Monthly event quest is supposed to be an easy 3 chapter content that mainly focuses on story content.
    Some fights can be tricky, such as the ikaris in this EQ. Ikaris, is tough but does not need very specific counters.
    I wouldn't even go that far to say that 20 could do it, definetely less . Only AA could do it easily, almost effortlessly . If numbers and luck were on your side, other AAR champs such as Domino, duped high sig BW, Taskmaster, Ronin or Psychoman could have a shot too . As mentioned before Sorcerer too but other than AA, downing him had a lot to do with luck because the way the nodes were designed to interact with Blade's abilities. I don't remember the details but it really didn't have much to do with lifecycle itself ( that is well known how to counter) the problem was that due to the nodes, if Blade threw an sp in an inconvenient time ( which happened like 98% of the time) then you were back to square one... or something along the lines of that... don't remember exactly but can look it up for you if you want. Only a 100% AAR champ would completely take luck out of the equation, so that meant a duped 112 sig AA.

The point remains though. Nothing about that Sadistic Blade design changes anything about the point of this thread, it just reinforces it actually.
    The blade fight is only a good example of people not understanding and consequently complaining about a relatively simple fight.

He had lifecycle, power alternator, unblockable specials (you and him), that one where you have to keep doing heavy attacks to maintain normal damage and lastly powershield.

The last three nodes all help you as forcing you to do heavy attacks increases the lifecycle grey sheild duration by knocking him down and the unblockable specials makes it easy to hit him while the grey shield is up. It also makes it easy to expend your power before he steals it as you don’t have to be actively in a combo or wait for an opening to connect a special. Lastly all your specials do 400% damage.

So all you had to do was, parry + heavy attacks and ideally spend your unblockable and ideally projectile sp1 as soon as you got it so he couldn’t steal your power and throw his sp2.

There are nearly 100 champs with projectile sp1. You don’t even need that though you can dash forwards and throw a normal sp1 as he is getting up from a heavy, just needed to be a long enough one that the duration outlasts the time taken for the lifecycle shield to go grey. I use this tactic all the time with colossus and OML on that node for eg.

This whole 10 champs, need AA reduction is nonsense. Domino did it well as she has class advantage and a decent projectile special.

The only hard thing once you understand the fight is maybe consistently dexing his sp1 but this was cav eq not master…it’s quite a simple one to deal with.

Nope, because even if you you had the skill to spam the heavy to bring the lifecycle window up, the fact was that Blade healing from power+ power switch+ Damage only possible with sp + Blade unblockable sp ...meant that if the AI wouldn't cooperate ( as in Blade throwing or not throwing his sp when YOU wanted/needed him to do it) you were pretty much dead. Why is it that you cant see that the whole power switch thingy made it so that the AI needed to be accommodating enough for everything to fall into place, in the very exact right moment you needed it to fall into place, just so you could to beat it, otherwise you were screwed. That is what I mean about luck.

Anyway no point on beating on a dead horse. The facts behind the points in this whole thread still remain.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,387 ★★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Thanks to those of you who continue to provide useful and helpful info. We're definitely talking about it over here! :)

The bosses of the main path are a bit much. Particularly the health pools, as it takes so long to get them down, and both inflict a lot of hard-to-avoid damage. Korg and Terrax are two of the trickier defenders in the contest, even with counters. Annihilus isn't too easy either, but actually less trouble than the other two.

However, I think it's only fair to point out that whilst I'm not an Endgame player (Thronebreaker player, early Act 7), after multiple attempts, I eventually got solos along the middle path with 5/65s and one 6*R2.

I burned a few +15%/+20% Health/Attack/Champion boosts to do it, but in honesty, is that an excessive cost for a Legendary-level side-quest? No healing potions or revives used, just minor boosts you can pick up for free anywhere. If I can do it (with common, old 5* champs), then it's not out of reach for other Thronebreakers.

Team that worked for me:
    Super-Skrull: Dr Voodoo (5/65)
    Korg: Bishop (6* 2/35)
    Terrax: Dr Voodoo
    Annihilus: Kingpin (5/65).

I quite like the idea someone mentioned before about providing a special boost to Ikaris/Sersi, if we're going to be forced to take them in. But I'd rather just remove that necessity. We're already forced to fight using them in our Special Objectives. Why make them obligatory in the Side Quest as well?

• Options
    Raina_SixxRaina_Sixx Posts: 2
    Even in epic mode that middle lane is a nightmare… 😣
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    I actually found this week a lot more fun than the last one. Tigra and Doom cleared almost the entire quest by themselves. I only had to bring in another counter for the middle lane.

But that middle lane... The problem with it is that it required entirely other champions than the other opponents (and the boss). Sure, I got down Super-Skrull with Doom at 100% health but it was an incredibly drawn-out fight where I landed on way over 100+ hits (with none taken). Korg and Terrax, meanwhile, just ate potions and revives like there was no tomorrow. Korg was a pretty straightforward fight with Bishop but my man still died in the end, just from attrition. Terrax, meanwhile, was just...bad. It eventually boiled down to another superlong fight where I went into him quickly to get a few armor breaks on me that I could Willpower heal from, then back out again to let his rock field dissipate, and then get a few hits in before having to do it all again. Not necessarily an incredibly difficult fight (even if Terrax is never "easy") but more of a long and really boring slog.

I did, however, actually enjoy the Annihilus fight. I usually don't because he's extremely annoying, but Tigra had a field day with him. If she ever fell, Doom could easily kick down whatever health was left.

But overall? I haven't enjoyed these last two weeks' SQ too much. I've had the right counters for both weeks so it hasn't been a total write-off, but the immense health pools are just so grindy to get through.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Berjibs said:

Fine, Domino could do it ( if you happen to have had the right amount of luck, which fits on my (b) scenario) . Fine, Sorcerer too. But that just further proves my point as well as the point of so many other people who have posted in this thread:

Side quests should NOT have such a degree of specificity. If there is only , say, 5 champs that can viably/consistently beat the content, when the game has 203 champs, that is just simply sadistic design. This is precisely the problem... to design content like this when the game is already making it even more difficult than it was designed to be due to the many bugs that are going on.
    Most people didnt even read the node 🤣 and complained about the lifecycle.. both champs had unblockable specials which made it so easyyyy
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    White magneto prefight makes both korg and annihilus much easier. Korg fight still pretty long. You can do the whole middle lane with sorcerer and wags but I used sym sup on skrull as so fast.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,556 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

I actually found this week a lot more fun than the last one. Tigra and Doom cleared almost the entire quest by themselves. I only had to bring in another counter for the middle lane.

But that middle lane... The problem with it is that it required entirely other champions than the other opponents (and the boss). Sure, I got down Super-Skrull with Doom at 100% health but it was an incredibly drawn-out fight where I landed on way over 100+ hits (with none taken). Korg and Terrax, meanwhile, just ate potions and revives like there was no tomorrow. Korg was a pretty straightforward fight with Bishop but my man still died in the end, just from attrition. Terrax, meanwhile, was just...bad. It eventually boiled down to another superlong fight where I went into him quickly to get a few armor breaks on me that I could Willpower heal from, then back out again to let his rock field dissipate, and then get a few hits in before having to do it all again. Not necessarily an incredibly difficult fight (even if Terrax is never "easy") but more of a long and really boring slog.

I did, however, actually enjoy the Annihilus fight. I usually don't because he's extremely annoying, but Tigra had a field day with him. If she ever fell, Doom could easily kick down whatever health was left.

But overall? I haven't enjoyed these last two weeks' SQ too much. I've had the right counters for both weeks so it hasn't been a total write-off, but the immense health pools are just so grindy to get through.

I navigated the middle with Doom, Claire and Namor. Claire handled Skrull and Terrax, Namor handled Korg. Boss handled by committee.

Left lane I’m starting over. Clean up to Mojo, then wipeout. Probably should have brought Torch instead of Claire and I certainly didn’t try my 3* Ikaris there.

I refuse to use any items for this even if it means I don’t 100% it.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021

Berjibs said:

Diablord said:

Berjibs said:

Again -

Nope, because even if you you had the skill to spam the heavy to bring the lifecycle window up, the fact was that Blade healing from power+ power switch+ Damage only possible with sp + Blade unblockable sp ...meant that if the AI wouldn't cooperate ( as in Blade throwing or not throwing his sp when YOU wanted/needed him to do it) you were pretty much dead. Why is it that you cant see that the whole power switch thingy made it so that the AI needed to be accommodating enough for everything to fall into place, in the very exact right moment you needed it to fall into place, just so you could to beat it, otherwise you were screwed. That is what I mean about luck.

Anyway no point on beating on a dead horse. The facts behind the points in this whole thread still remain.
    You are meant to use champions with a preferably hard hitting sp1 and bait Blade's sp1. Add parry heavy to that and it's a fairly simple fight. You are making it out as if spamming parry heavy is mammoth task when it isn't. You are making it out as if Blade does nothing but hold block to regen when he doesn't. Unblockable special meant that you could throw YOUR special whenever you wanted to drain your power before power switch meaning it was fairly easy to control your power and the power you give through power switch.

I soloed with Colossus every time. It was one of the better bosses in cav eq as a whole.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,070 ★★★★★
    -sixate- said:

My biggest issue with this side quest is in order to explore it we're wasting a slot with a champ who isn't even used. What is the purpose of this? I got through all these fights, but might not have if I didn't have R3 SorcSup and SymSup. Would be very challenging without them. That middle lane took over 200 hits on every fight and that was using R3 6* champs.

Then on to the next issue, is the effort worth the rewards? Probably not.

THAT is another point of discussion!!!!! They didn't have any armor nodes or boosts yet I was hitting like a wet noodle with fully ranked 6* R3 champs. I was like wait .. why is Doctor Doom's medium attacks only doing 272-500 damage and no armor in sight.
  • Options
    daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    It is difficult, so I'll leave it, glad I used the milestone bug to my advantage last week now. Its not the end of the world, I do agree that the side quests should be about enjoyment and a bit of light relief to story and event quests, it's disappointing that they have gone down this route, hopefully everyone will put this point across in the survey currently in the game.
  • Options
    Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I wish Kabam can go back to their road map that they put out a year or so ago in regards making the game seem less of a chore and more fun and interactive these past few months side quest and now Variant along with the bugs in game has been a total failure. I start playing this game in 2016 and i will admit they did some good things but each time they make 1 step forwards they take 10 steps back and this make it discouraging, each month I'm seeing these Global chats I'm in reduce from 400 players to now 286 because players been quitting and now season 30 starts my alliance has 4 spots open because we lost 4 players in a week, at this rate i would like to see a chart of new players sign up vs players leaving the game because i use to try to get people to play or when i meet someone and they ask hey what's that you're playing it seem fun i would just say bro don't even bother, and truth be told I'm only playing now because i invested 5 years already in this game so i play on a casual level.
  • Options
    Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    edited November 2021
    Make MCOC fun to play again..