**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The recent direction of content design and the game in general

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

@Worknprogress it is just not going to feel right overtaking your account now. I mean, it’s still going to feel wonderful, don’t get me wrong, but just not going to be the same kind of wonderful.

I get it though. I wouldn’t say all the recent content has been horrible, but a lot of it has been less interesting and more punishing. I don’t think it is a simple matter of just “making it more fun” but I can’t disagree with the notion that the balance of it is off.

I’m not where you are now, but that could just be because I’m not where you are now. I don’t push high tier war, or high map AQ. Most of the challenge (and the fun) in the game is on my own terms. And I hope you’ll find the step back gives you the opportunity to find your own answers.

You're definitely not wrong that everything hasn't been terrible. The Kang fight in 7.3 was another brilliant example of a fight done well in particular. They seem to be far more dialed in on being able to make single fights than paths it seems. Most of the boss fights in 7.3 were fine as well.

This post was meant to be far from slating everything done recently as being awful but moreso my opinion on general content design as of late. I'm actually champing at the bit for the solo competitive mode to go live and it's basically the sole reason I didn't come out and say I was done completely.

As of yet I still have no intention of completely hanging it up but I'm more concerned now than I have been at any other point in time while playing the game. Kabam has smart people employed so I certainly haven't lost all hope but I did feel the need to voice how I felt about recent game direction even though I don't expect anyone at Kabam or certainly not any other players to particularly care.

So for now we'll see how things go but depending on when the solo competitive mode goes live and how well it's received, we'll see how much of a gap you get to close until then 😂
    On point, I run a semi retirement alliance; nearly all TBs, 2 bgs g2 and 2 map 5, 1 map 4.

Everytime we bounce into tier 5 or 4 war, everyone gets despondent.

Map 5 was fun until this week... now I have Alli chat filled with grumbles again and a bunch of 11k to 12.5k prestige people wondering if it all is worth it anymore.
    C'mon boss. It's not that bad 😃.

If it was, we might have remembered to drop to map 4 today 😉

I've changed it for tomorrow...
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★

DNA3000 said:

@Worknprogress it is just not going to feel right overtaking your account now. I mean, it’s still going to feel wonderful, don’t get me wrong, but just not going to be the same kind of wonderful.

I get it though. I wouldn’t say all the recent content has been horrible, but a lot of it has been less interesting and more punishing. I don’t think it is a simple matter of just “making it more fun” but I can’t disagree with the notion that the balance of it is off.

I’m not where you are now, but that could just be because I’m not where you are now. I don’t push high tier war, or high map AQ. Most of the challenge (and the fun) in the game is on my own terms. And I hope you’ll find the step back gives you the opportunity to find your own answers.

You're definitely not wrong that everything hasn't been terrible. The Kang fight in 7.3 was another brilliant example of a fight done well in particular. They seem to be far more dialed in on being able to make single fights than paths it seems. Most of the boss fights in 7.3 were fine as well.

This post was meant to be far from slating everything done recently as being awful but moreso my opinion on general content design as of late. I'm actually champing at the bit for the solo competitive mode to go live and it's basically the sole reason I didn't come out and say I was done completely.

As of yet I still have no intention of completely hanging it up but I'm more concerned now than I have been at any other point in time while playing the game. Kabam has smart people employed so I certainly haven't lost all hope but I did feel the need to voice how I felt about recent game direction even though I don't expect anyone at Kabam or certainly not any other players to particularly care.

So for now we'll see how things go but depending on when the solo competitive mode goes live and how well it's received, we'll see how much of a gap you get to close until then 😂
    On point, I run a semi retirement alliance; nearly all TBs, 2 bgs g2 and 2 map 5, 1 map 4.

Everytime we bounce into tier 5 or 4 war, everyone gets despondent.

Map 5 was fun until this week... now I have Alli chat filled with grumbles again and a bunch of 11k to 12.5k prestige people wondering if it all is worth it anymore.
    C'mon boss. It's not that bad 😃.

If it was, we might have remembered to drop to map 4 today 😉

I've changed it for tomorrow...
    Ok... That made me chuckle and now the wife is looking at me like I'm even more nuts.

True, I'm on here moaning not updating the AQ settings 🙄🤣
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★

Tens of thousands of dollars on a broken game. This should be a warning for people.

Lol, nowhere in anything I said did I say I regretted anything I put in to this game. I said I was disappointed with the direction it seems to be taking. Those two points are wildly different.
    Where in your top 2 mcoc memories do you rank playing with me?
    Top 2 memories? Hmm, squeezing you in there would be tough but you're easily one of my top 5 favorite people Ive played with regardless of how much **** you give me 😂
    Yes! Did you watch robb’s last war vid? It’s GOLD
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Tens of thousands of dollars on a broken game. This should be a warning for people.

Lol, nowhere in anything I said did I say I regretted anything I put in to this game. I said I was disappointed with the direction it seems to be taking. Those two points are wildly different.
    Top 2 memories? Hmm, squeezing you in there would be tough but you're easily one of my top 5 favorite people Ive played with regardless of how much **** you give me 😂
    Of course I did. As bad as I felt for him as it happened, it was quite funny to actually see how it all unfolded

Of course I did. As bad as I felt for him as it happened, it was quite funny to actually see how it all unfolded
    Best mcoc content since cade did commentary on me fighting 6.2.6 champion (katy fighting 6.2.6 champion is pretty solid also)

Best mcoc content since cade did commentary on me fighting 6.2.6 champion (katy fighting 6.2.6 champion is pretty solid also)
    Katy's champion fight still reigns supreme for me 😂
    Coop's massive fail revenge war is high on my list as well

Coop's massive fail revenge war is high on my list as well

wars, plural, many times over
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Map 5 was fun until this week and then hello 340k health, 20k attack torch, with 15% Regen buffet on day 3 and all named champion defenders 5/65 6* so taking 25% damage reduction sure to Challenger rating. So now I have Alli chat filled with grumbles again and a bunch of 11k to 12.5k prestige people wondering if it all is worth it anymore.

Not sure what you mean here: challenge rating doesn’t directly reduce your damage.

Torch is getting … interesting on Map 5 though. I’ve taken all of them so far, and while it is within my skill and roster limits (barely), I suspect weaker players are cursing the heck out of that guy, and probably wondering what’s even killing them (my guess, going nova super quick and removing all your block in the process is something most haven’t seen in-game before).
    Challenge rating reduces your chance to crit and a 5/65 six star defenders, means a 5/65 five star attacker crits less. Add to that a 5/65 six star has more armour and yes, damage reduces. So does challenge rating directly reduce damage?
    How does challenger rating reduce crit chance?
    When you open up the stats of a character, where it shows crit rate, armour, block penetration etc, those percentages are against a rank 5 4 star, or challenge rating 100.

A 5/65 six star has challenge rating of 150 (a 3/45 has 130). The lower the challenge rating of your attacker, the lower your crit rate and associated damage. It's a huge increase in challenge rating.
    No I meant what's the difference if your opponent is a 6* or a 5*? Crit chance remains the same right? Not many champs have cirt resistances to affect crit chance
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

Other stats are 200k HP and 15k Attack.
    - You do know that 3 blocks I’m KOed, and you’re also aware dex and parry are inconsistent, oh and the AI has a strange mind of its own nowdays
    - Also out of all the mercenaries (20 + Venompool), about 3 has some measure of power manipulation (those I’m aware of): Gwenpool, Luke Cage and Nebula. Yet, you saw it wise to have about a third of the nodes in V8 to have some sort power boost (check it if you want) This means you spend majority of the time at the mercy of the AI to throw specials, intercept becomes very tricky because they have specials ready for majority of the fight.
    This is hideous Kabam, you’ve gone crazy with all these many issues we’re experiencing.

This doesn’t mean we can’t do these fights, I did the lane with 1 revive and a few l3 potions. We can with a revive use or two, it’s not the end of the world but you should understand that it’s not fun with such designs rather frustrating. If that was your objective then mission accomplish.

Not to say it's good design but mordo was the easiest fight. Him constantly blocking means you could heavy and drain power due to the deadpooloid cross fight
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    @Worknprogress i hardly tap on “Agree” button on your comments but this time you really explained the current state of game in a very simple way.

I’m playing since 7 years and never been so disappointed.
    The effort to reward ratio is also very low nowadays.
    Except SoP and Gauntlet I don’t find any other thing the developers done right this year.
    The buff program is a total waste imo as they won’t make older champs good enough to be used in daily quests in place of new powerful champs.
    For a simple 3 minute fight you need to focus on “n” number of things and that too on the mercy of AI.

I’m F2P since beginning of my journey and explored everything by grinding arenas but now I think I’ll take the game casually and invest my time in other games/activity as the game isn’t good as it used to be.

P.s Why on earth Variant rewards aren’t updated with time???
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★

J0eySn0w said:

Other stats are 200k HP and 15k Attack.
    - You do know that 3 blocks I’m KOed, and you’re also aware dex and parry are inconsistent, oh and the AI has a strange mind of its own nowdays
    - Also out of all the mercenaries (20 + Venompool), about 3 has some measure of power manipulation (those I’m aware of): Gwenpool, Luke Cage and Nebula. Yet, you saw it wise to have about a third of the nodes in V8 to have some sort power boost (check it if you want) This means you spend majority of the time at the mercy of the AI to throw specials, intercept becomes very tricky because they have specials ready for majority of the fight.
    This is hideous Kabam, you’ve gone crazy with all these many issues we’re experiencing.

This doesn’t mean we can’t do these fights, I did the lane with 1 revive and a few l3 potions. We can with a revive use or two, it’s not the end of the world but you should understand that it’s not fun with such designs rather frustrating. If that was your objective then mission accomplish.

Not to say it's good design but mordo was the easiest fight. Him constantly blocking means you could heavy and drain power due to the deadpooloid cross fight
    Easiest, I dunno about that but not fun I’m very aware. Yeah, you’re right that can be done, but bare in mind Mordo doesn’t always hold block when his power gain is up. I’m guessing you’ve never been hit thinking he won’t throw combo or specials while his power gain is up? It happens man not often but it does. Also with this combat power rate, he’s can be close to sp3 anywhere on the fighting grounds which heavy attack cannot be easily executed. I’d even Alternatively, Gwenpool if duped can tank as many of his sp3s. But ensuring you don’t block, not even once with all these controls issues, 3-4 hits they’re already at sp3 isn’t fun at all.
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    One suggestion that I have that can bring fun back to the game is to introduce Incursion-like attacker boosts to all aspects of the game. Everything is so heavily skewed in favor of the defender and AI. Having attack counters that you can choose from will help bring some fun back to the game.
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    @Worknprogress, we have also had are disagreements, but I too am ready to boot the game. I'm not sure I see a light at the end of the tunnel after the last year or so.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I think map 8 is pretty much good to go with the 5 minute timers and people getting adjusted. I still don't agree with the Corvus timeout being removed but I can't really use Corvus for my current lanes.

Besides the bugs which is the obvious biggest issue with the game right now. I have to say I have a huge problem with T3 alpha and T6 catalyst only being collected in a significant amount through spending. It is not fair to the f2p guys that are being let go due to prestige that have no shot of being top 20. I understand top 20 is an elite class of player but more opportunities for those catalysts would be really helpful at the moment. R4 champions shouldn't be only limited to spenders.