**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So if cav difficulty is getting tweaked and more complicated, are the rewards going to reflect it?

1235»

Comments

• BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★

JoeyD1020 said:

Guys, I'm really trying hard to find where it says that you have to use the tagged champions if you don't want to. But I can't, cause it's optional. As with any month prior to this. If you happen to have champs from a certain group ranked already..great! Bring them. Whether it's 1, 2... 5. It's completely optional. Then, just fill in the rest of your team with whomever are your strongest favorite champs that can deal with whatever path or boss you're up against. You don't need a whole team of the selected group.

In some cases.. I brought a whole team of tagged champs. In others, I brought 2 or 3 and filled in the rest of the slots with OP lane clearers or boss killers to use as back up in case the tagged champs didn't work out. So far, they have, but I had them just in case.

This is true but having it the other way was fun and enjoyable to us players who struggle with all these nodes. This was the enjoyable content we had to look forward to and now it was taken away from us. I don’t even want to play the game. I already completed everything I can unfortunately.
    For sure, I can't speak for anyone else. If folks are not enjoying it, they're not enjoying it. Just trying to point this out cause I kept hearing things like: "force us to bring.." and "cannot use the champs I want..". And I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. I'm just trying to keep an open mind because it's been less than 24 hours.

Some of the tagged champions that I've used so far have been:

Hyperion
    She-hulk
    Scarlet Witch (both)
    Luke Cage
    Medusa
    Red Hulk
    Sym Supreme
    Venom
    HB
    BWDO
    Cap IW

And that's just the first 4 quests. There's many others I didn't use. These aren't niche characters. Many people already have them ranked because they are good. And iirc, many of these tagged champions (including the ones I have listed and not listed) are the same champions that are good in the class based versions too?

Like I said, I understand people don't like it. I no have argument with that. Just wondering if there's a chance that we just haven't given it enough time to get used to it (like any other change to the EQ).

I have yet to pull Capiw, Hype ,Witch,And bit hesitation to rank my undupe Medusa
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★

I think the rewards for Cavalier difficulty are already outdated regardless of the change. The health pools are too high and now with the tags it is going to take even longer to finish.

I think Kabam should go back to class based. Far more options overall and will encourage us to use the champions who gain buffs. Unfortunately players on the same caliber as myself or higher typically don't complain on the forums so it is likely this is here to stay.

Great feedback. Keep in mind this is not a permanent change, and that these Buffs are being added to the Pool of Cavalier Buffs that we rotate through, and are not just sticking with these going forward. But I'm seeing some feedback here that I'll be sure to pass on to the team.
    I would like to add as a suggestion: If you guys are going to add more rotations to the Pool of Cavalier Buffs, would it be possible to allow players to choose which Pool they would like to play that month?

That way, developing players can stick with a current Pool until they’re more developed for a different Pool. At the same time, if players want to branch out, they have the freedom to do so too.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    To my surprise I actually soloed NF boss with BWCV lol.

I have 3.2 left to explore but until now I did all the quest with no item. I like this challenge.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Honestly cav eq is just so boring, last month was the first time I’ve ever not 100% a Cav EQ, probably won’t this month either, only playing the game for friends and AW now that’s it.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    It still is cav difficulty, I am looking forward to the challenge.
  • BrokenBroken Posts: 209
    TBH these changes horrible we play this game for fun if there is no fun we all gonna tired
  • KindaGomans3KindaGomans3 Posts: 174
    edited December 2021
    GarrettN said:

At this point why not just make a thronebreaker difficulty and save some trouble?

I've been saying this since June and the same people disagreeing with me them are the same ones here, (demonz, he's everywhere where kabam faces criticism, and DNA)

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/268322/cav-monthly-is-absurd-and-thronebreaker-should-have-a-monthly/p1

Literally since June guys don't know why it's not a thing yet
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

GarrettN said:

At this point why not just make a thronebreaker difficulty and save some trouble?

I've been saying this since June and the same people disagreeing with me them are the same ones here, (demonz, he's everywhere where kabam faces criticism, and DNA)

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/268322/cav-monthly-is-absurd-and-thronebreaker-should-have-a-monthly/p1

Literally since June guys don't know why it's not a thing yet
    You rang? How can I help trigger you today?
  • Nichj99Nichj99 Posts: 248 ★★
    Whilst I love the opportunity to dust off champs I don’t normally use, some of these node combinations are ridiculous. Unblockable + Dismay, the inability to reparry due greater bugs thus preventing the bonuses of playing by the rules?

This is just a cruel joke
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    Can someone please link me to the original announcement?

• MaybeThisIsNotMeMaybeThisIsNotMe Posts: 147 ★★
    The most annoying is the time you now have to spend to read all the nodes, understand them, go in your roster, filter the right champs out so you can build a team and do that again for each chapter. I can understand that for permanent content but not for monthly content. I just want to complete the monthly stuff in a reasonable amount of time.
  • ErrangErrang Posts: 59
    I’d personally like a dual class mashup of the old nodes. Like the crystals?

Instead of relying on just 1 class, do the skill/mutant, science/mystic, or cosmic/tech? Or any 2-3 class combinations?