**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

RE: Permanent Boost to Gold in Gold and Arena Crystals - Starting December 10th! Hold your Crystals!

Comments

• DarkZenDarkZen Posts: 285
    I currently have 2578 crystal. Is this a bad thing ? Also is this not the player personal choice to hoard ?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    DarkZen said:

I currently have 2578 crystal. Is this a bad thing ? Also is this not the player personal choice to hoard ?

You can carry on hoarding if you want, there's just no point to it and it makes the game run slower, more laggy and basically just worse.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    zuffy said:

Markjv81 said:

If they want to stop players hoarding crystals give us an option to trade t4cc frag crystals for full cat crystals or T1a/2a, I’m betting the majority of crystals currently in game are these.

That is in the sigil
    I know, behind a pay wall… I’m happy to just let the thousands I have just sit there. My point was if they want to stop hoarding because it clogs up the servers as some have mentioned here then open it for everyone.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★

DarkZen said:

You can carry on hoarding if you want, there's just no point to it and it makes the game run slower, more laggy and basically just worse.
    Or, and this might be insane to some, but how about Kabam uses the profits they gain for a better infrastructure so the servers are better and run more smoothly?
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    To be fair the only thing we've heard is that they were no longer bringing back old boosts, there hasn't been any word on Battlechip boost
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,145 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

zuffy said:

Markjv81 said:

If they want to stop players hoarding crystals give us an option to trade t4cc frag crystals for full cat crystals or T1a/2a, I’m betting the majority of crystals currently in game are these.

That is in the sigil
    I know, behind a pay wall… I’m happy to just let the thousands I have just sit there. My point was if they want to stop hoarding because it clogs up the servers as some have mentioned here then open it for everyone.
    We will probably get that from the trade in that is coming. I think it was last year or 2 ago we had a store to trade in the t4c frags for full crystals.

Siliyo said:

DarkZen said:

Or, and this might be insane to some, but how about Kabam uses the profits they gain for a better infrastructure so the servers are better and run more smoothly?
    Or, and this might be insane to some, but how about they implement a no-cost fix that involves the players getting a big boost to their gold to incentivise less hoarding which slows down the servers.

Wow, that sounds great. I sure bet nobody would think about complaining about a positive move for the player-base. That would be too entitled!
    Or, and this might be insane to some, we don’t blame ONE type of crystal for the servers “slowing down”? Much wow
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    Not for nothing, but an even better way to incentivize not hoarding crystals would be to make those gold offers they did a couple months ago or so a more regular occurrence. Everyone pops all their gold, PLUS they’ll wanna do content and grind arena more to get more gold.

It’s like I have thousands of the arena boost crystals “clogging the servers”. But I don’t stash them waiting for the arena boost crystal week.
    Tru100 said:

Not for nothing, but an even better way to incentivize not hoarding crystals would be to make those gold offers they did a couple months ago or so a more regular occurrence. Everyone pops all their gold, PLUS they’ll wanna do content and grind arena more to get more gold.

It’s like I have thousands of the arena boost crystals “clogging the servers”. But I don’t stash them waiting for the arena boost crystal week.

A man of innovation, I see
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,145 ★★★★★
    This complain is like a homeless is hungry. Someone give him a burger and he complain why he didn’t get a steak.
    Siliyo said:

Siliyo said:

DarkZen said:

Or, and this might be insane to some, but how about they implement a no-cost fix that involves the players getting a big boost to their gold to incentivise less hoarding which slows down the servers.

Wow, that sounds great. I sure bet nobody would think about complaining about a positive move for the player-base. That would be too entitled!
    Or, and this might be insane to some, we don’t blame ONE type of crystal for the servers “slowing down”? Much wow
    This is actually laughably wrong.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/256173/auto-opening-old-crystals-spring-2021#latest

Count how many are there, I estimate about 300?

It's not just about type of crystal, but amount. Thousands of players hoard thousands of crystals and it all puts strain on the server. Giving you a beneficial reason to not hoard anymore is the number 1 thing kabam could do to solve that. All of this slows down the server, but by all means keep arguing this baffling point
  • DarkZenDarkZen Posts: 285
    If hoarding put such a strain on their servers, perhaps they should set a date telling all players their crystals will open on a set date. This will reset and all new crystals must be open within a certain time frame. I feel this will enrage players more or is that just me ?
    DarkZen said:

If hoarding put such a strain on their servers, perhaps they should set a date telling all players their crystals will open on a set date. This will reset and all new crystals must be open within a certain time frame. I feel this will enrage players more or is that just me ?

That has happened in the past, and likely will in the future too!

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/256173/auto-opening-old-crystals-spring-2021#latest

I think where possible, it's good to handle it with scenarios like this, where there's a benefit to open them now instead of open them now or they'll be opened later automatically.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    DarkZen said:

That makes too much sense, I think we're going to need 6 threads complaining about that.
  • ArtnmotionArtnmotion Posts: 43
    So worth doing away with the gold boost does that also mean we miss out on the battle chip boost as well
  • KoopaKrusherKoopaKrusher Posts: 105

I think I have 100 Gold Crystals saved up, at least

I wish I could convert them to UC Gold Crystals.

I think there's supposed to be a trade in store during December. Wouldn't surprise me if there were a couple options to trade up hoarded lower tier gold crystals to further encourage players to clear their current stashes
  • killa69dmxkilla69dmx Posts: 25
    Arena crystals are battle chips so your getting them boosted too
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    Coat where do you think those are stored it sure isn’t on your device it’s on kabaam that’s run by hamsters

So you are kind of the problem
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Piviot said:

Coat where do you think those are stored it sure isn’t on your device it’s on kabaam that’s run by hamsters

So you are kind of the problem

They aren’t stored anywhere.

Which number hurts the servers more, my crystals or my gold?
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Lol. This is great, I hate hoarding gold crystals tbh. This fixes the problem year round.

Question tho, will there still be opportunities for battle chip boosts?
    Ebony_Naw said:

As others have said, this is a win for everyone. Kabam gets their servers back and we get what I think was a 20% boost made to a 30% boost and we no longer have to wait for it because it’s permanent.

“Kabam gets their servers back” you guys sure do like to talk as if you’re a developer and know what’s going on behind the scenes 🤣
  • RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 319
    Tldr all the posts, but I'm curious and I want to make sure myself and my alliance mates are clear on a few questions about this announcement.
    1- does this 30% boost count towards the gold crystals I've hoarded for the usual boost events or is this xtra 30% only on new gold crystals once the boost has gone live??
    2- will the boost be back for battle chips like it normally is or are you guys doing away with the boost events totally??

I don't think this is a negative it's like getting the boost year round, that is if it includes all the current gold crystals players have hoarded. If the battle chips boost is gone I'll miss that for sure.

Anyway confirmes answers to those questions would help clear things up a little bit. Thanks.