**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

RE: Permanent Boost to Gold in Gold and Arena Crystals - Starting December 10th! Hold your Crystals!

Comments

• Options
    Now we will just have to hoard the gold crystals to trade them up to uncollected 🤣
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,037 ★★★★★

Piviot said:

Coat where do you think those are stored it sure isn’t on your device it’s on kabaam that’s run by hamsters

So you are kind of the problem

They aren’t stored anywhere.

Which number hurts the servers more, my crystals or my gold?
    Your crystals. It's okay if you don't understand. You didn't understand the AQ issues either but I'm confident you can figure this one out.
    If you understand it tell me the impactful difference between me having 1 gold crystal or 100 gold crystals. How much data is that compared to the loot table for the actual gold crystal?

I understood the AQ issue, I gave the solution before Kabam themselves did.
    You didn't. You still don't. You never will. I'm not going to explain it to you. You're the worst person to ever try and have an intelligent debate with because you'll never admit you're wrong. You can't admit anything wrong about your take on the AQ bug, there's zero chance you'll ever accept any other explanation other than your own with this as well. I see it up and down on this thread already. You believe you're right and it's end of story. You'll just make up some other BS response and deflect. It's cool, it's just who you are.
    You can’t explain it, got it. What a troll.
    This game isn't available offline meaning if you have no connection, you can't play it. All of your profile data is stored on their servers, that's why the game team can see who has what. Customer support can tell you if you've opened whatever or if you've ever had a certain item. All of it is stored on those servers. The servers also handle the call back when a crystal is open and assigns the prize to it. When you place a crystal on the spinner, the game tells the server what it is, when you tap or it taps on its own, the server tells the game what the prize is.

Kabam has done at least 2 crystal cleanups that I can remember. They've explained in the past that older crystals that they don't give out anymore take up space on the server because the server has to remember what that is and store the loot table which is why outdated crystals get auto opened during the clean ups or you open them. They need to clear that data because it's taking up space.

They don't force you to open the other crystals because they're still active ones that everyone still gets. Doesn't mean that those don't take up space, because they do. You in game player profile takes up storage space. None of that data is on your phone. That's why you don't see your game file get bigger the more you hoard.

Kabam isn't saying not to hoard, they're saying you won't need to hold anymore. This gold boost isn't about storage in the first place. People complain about not having enough gold or whatever and always want to know when the next gold boost is. This is simply just a pro player move.
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 574 ★★★
    Man, Gold like this is a huge benefit.

In other way, i Will miss Battle Chips Boost.
  • Options

Piviot said:

Coat where do you think those are stored it sure isn’t on your device it’s on kabaam that’s run by hamsters

Your crystals. It's okay if you don't understand. You didn't understand the AQ issues either but I'm confident you can figure this one out.
    If you understand it tell me the impactful difference between me having 1 gold crystal or 100 gold crystals. How much data is that compared to the loot table for the actual gold crystal?

You didn't. You still don't. You never will. I'm not going to explain it to you. You're the worst person to ever try and have an intelligent debate with because you'll never admit you're wrong. You can't admit anything wrong about your take on the AQ bug, there's zero chance you'll ever accept any other explanation other than your own with this as well. I see it up and down on this thread already. You believe you're right and it's end of story. You'll just make up some other BS response and deflect. It's cool, it's just who you are.

As to the off topic AQ, your position was that your swing on the playground was broken so Kabam should cancel recess so no one could use the merry go round or monkey bars either.
    Basically but that's not what you said in the thread. Your position was that if I or we can't handle, we should step down to lower maps. You chastised everyone in that thread that was struggling because of the increase in defender attack and health due to a bug that Kabam caused. Many stepped down and none of us were compensated. My roster was fine. Others who play map 7 with 5*'s who play map 6 were getting destroyed. Map 5 had the same issue. You call me a troll but it's really you.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    While what you said is spot on, You are still perpetuating the false belief that there is an impactful difference between 1 gold crystal or 1 million gold crystals or that the difference is relevant to crystal clean ups improving server performance let alone hoarding having any relative impact.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Piviot said:

As to the off topic AQ, your position was that your swing on the playground was broken so Kabam should cancel recess so no one could use the merry go round or monkey bars either.
    Basically but that's not what you said in the thread. Your position was that if I or we can't handle, we should step down to lower maps. You chastised everyone in that thread that was struggling because of the increase in defender attack and health due to a bug that Kabam caused. Many stepped down and none of us were compensated. My roster was fine. Others who play map 7 with 5*'s who play map 6 were getting destroyed. Map 5 had the same issue. You call me a troll but it's really you.
    You’re misremembering, mischaracterizing or outright lying; point is you’re wrong about my position and approach. It’s all there for anyone to reference.
  • Options
    RunavargrRunavargr Posts: 180 ★★
    Awesome news for real
  • Options

While what you said is spot on, You are still perpetuating the false belief that there is an impactful difference between 1 gold crystal or 1 million gold crystals or that the difference is relevant to crystal clean ups improving server performance let alone hoarding having any relative impact.

Piviot said:

You’re misremembering, mischaracterizing or outright lying; point is you’re wrong about my position and approach. It’s all there for anyone to reference.
    Called it. 🤡🤡
  • Options

Piviot said:

Called it. 🤡🤡
    I did and yes you are someone who uses lies and falsehoods for arguing on the internet, a troll.
  • Options
    Jackd1989Jackd1989 Posts: 415 ★★★
    I think this is a good change for the game, will be interesting to see if there is any announcement on the Battlechip boost status but otherwise I'm happy
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    I know I sound like broken record but I'd be much happier if they increased ISO first. I subjectively feel like gold isn't the issue. There is a guaranteed million each month in Cav EQ. Then Incursions, permanent content, arena and SQ all contain bits here and there.

It is surely a welcome change, don't get me wrong. It just feels like putting a band-aid on a small bruise, while ignoring broken legs...
  • Options
    SaphireSaphire Posts: 9
    To much changes and yet the parry issue cant be fix. Why dont they fix it? Something The team is aware and we keep you updated until now.
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    If anything this will just make me hoard more, I only open gold crystals during the boost not cause I need the gold but just feel I’m getting more.
  • Options
    Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★

Jaded said:

30% more of 2400 is only 3.1k. They need to make the gold crystals more valuable for this to be effective for gold crystals.

I’m in between on this, good change but eventually it’ll be the “norm” and won’t be very good. Plus the low end amounts are still very low. 🤷‍♂️

How is 30% of 2.4 k equal to 3.1k?
    He didn’t say 30% or 2400 is 3.1k. He actually said “30% more of 2400 is 3.1k”.

In which case, how is it not?!?! Unless you’re wanting to be real precise and call is the 3,120 that it actually is.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,218 ★★★★★
    I'll do my bid to help out kabam by not hoarding my goldies.
    Clear off any gold crystals as soon as the gold update hits.
    Now, send me a 6* herc.
    I'll be waiting, Thanks❤️
  • Options
    VarisVaris Posts: 2
    I've saved up over 3k gold crystals and 3k quest crystals not because of twice yearly boost but simply because I can't be bothered to pop 10 at the time. Unless Kabam gives me open all option I won't touch them even with 100% boost
  • Options
    Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    Everyone should probably wait until at least Dec. 12....Juuuuust in case
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    @CoatHang3r i have similar crystal hoard to you…

I have no need (or time) to sit there and open everything.. I can’t spend the gold I have, can’t use the ISO from duping champs so is better for them to just sit there.

If there is server issues as a result then let me sell what I don’t need for units.. happy for us to buy crystals with units, let it work the other way - this is how real businesses work with share buy backs etc..
  • Options
    Monk1 said:

CoatHang3r i have similar crystal hoard to you…

I have no need (or time) to sit there and open everything.. I can’t spend the gold I have, can’t use the ISO from duping champs so is better for them to just sit there.

If there is server issues as a result then let me sell what I don’t need for units.. happy for us to buy crystals with units, let it work the other way - this is how real businesses work with share buy backs etc..

This has nothing to do with the server space. It's about getting more gold to the players like they asked. They're not saying don't hoard, they're just saying you don't have to if you don't want to.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Monk1 said:

This has nothing to do with the server space. It's about getting more gold to the players like they asked. They're not saying don't hoard, they're just saying you don't have to if you don't want to.
    If only you had the same clarity about AQ as you do about this.
  • Options
    It’s times like this that I think the forum mods must all have a psychologist on retainer.

1) They have to deal with their own colleagues making game breaking releases on a monthly basis, if not more regularly which they have to defend because they have mortgages like the rest of us.

2) When Kabam make a really good pro-player move you still get a huge bunch of gremlins creeping out of the woodwork to complain about it.

Upgrade to the gold crystals is an excellent move IMO and the 30% boost covers the fact that you’re not getting a temporary 20% boost to arena crystals too.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Shamir51 said:

Jaded said:

30% more of 2400 is only 3.1k. They need to make the gold crystals more valuable for this to be effective for gold crystals.

I’m in between on this, good change but eventually it’ll be the “norm” and won’t be very good. Plus the low end amounts are still very low. 🤷‍♂️

How is 30% of 2.4 k equal to 3.1k?
    He didn’t say 30% or 2400 is 3.1k. He actually said “30% more of 2400 is 3.1k”.

In which case, how is it not?!?! Unless you’re wanting to be real precise and call is the 3,120 that it actually is.
    I misread. Sorry
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Monk1 said:

Don't you have some other threads to contradict yourself in? Pretty sure you hit your limit in this one.

Piviot said:

Called it. 🤡🤡
    I did and yes you are someone who uses lies and falsehoods for arguing on the internet, a troll.
    What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Any news about the b-chips boosts? Are we getting the shaft once again or not?
  • Options
    Searmenis said:

You’re getting a permanent 30% boost to all of your gold crystals instead. This will cover the temporary 20% boost to arena.
  • Options

Monk1 said:

Don't you have some other threads to contradict yourself in? Pretty sure you hit your limit in this one.
    I did no such thing, you simply failed to understand I was responding to the post before the one you assumed I was. Let me know when you can show me chastising everyone in the AQ thread. Here is the reference material.

• Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

Searmenis said:

You’re getting a permanent 30% boost to all of your gold crystals instead. This will cover the temporary 20% boost to arena.
    I grind arenas for units, and units you get from b-chips, the gold increase doesn't cover this at all.
  • Options

Monk1 said:

Piviot said:

Called it. 🤡🤡
    What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object
    I'll use Symbiote Supreme to nullify the unstoppable.