HG war bug solution does not help

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★

I'm on the fence about the idea of bumping the Rewards a Tier. Now, I would certainly be grateful if that was the case, but in the past we've seen Win Rewards as a Compensation. What doesn't sit well with me about it is it goes against the core function of War. It's a competition based on cumulative results. We earn based on what we fight. Not based on what we *could have* fought. I'm not opposed to some kind of Comp, although I'm not really petitioning. I can't necessarily say the idea of bumping everyone up a Tier sits well with me. You earn what you fight. Not what you couldn't fight.

I think that’s where I am, if it happens I’d be grateful. But I think it’s reasonable if it doesn’t.

I don’t think an entire tier is reasonable though, I think just a bit extra for each tier if anything was going to happen. I mean you look at some of the differences between tiers it’s pretty crazy
    Well yes, but then you have a Compensation that benefits some and not others.
    How so? I’m not sure I understand what you mean
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,511 ★★★★★

I'm on the fence about the idea of bumping the Rewards a Tier. Now, I would certainly be grateful if that was the case, but in the past we've seen Win Rewards as a Compensation. What doesn't sit well with me about it is it goes against the core function of War. It's a competition based on cumulative results. We earn based on what we fight. Not based on what we *could have* fought. I'm not opposed to some kind of Comp, although I'm not really petitioning. I can't necessarily say the idea of bumping everyone up a Tier sits well with me. You earn what you fight. Not what you couldn't fight.

I think that’s where I am, if it happens I’d be grateful. But I think it’s reasonable if it doesn’t.

I don’t think an entire tier is reasonable though, I think just a bit extra for each tier if anything was going to happen. I mean you look at some of the differences between tiers it’s pretty crazy
    If they bump it up a few spots, the people on the cusp will benefit. Those who aren't close to going up won't be affected at all.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,833 ★★★★★

Not that they need it but what would first place be bumped to?

If they bump it up a few spots, the people on the cusp will benefit. Those who aren't close to going up won't be affected at all.
    … I know, I said not to bump up an entire tier. Just a small amount of extra rewards per tier, if anything

Not that they need it but what would first place be bumped to?
    I don’t think anyone should be bumped up a whole tier, so 2nd doesn’t go to 1st, 10th doesn’t go to 1-5 or whatever the structure is.

… I know, I said not to bump up an entire tier. Just a small amount of extra rewards per tier, if anything
    Oh, I get it. My mistake. For some reason, I thought you meant a few extra spots to help people about to go up. That would be preferential treatment more than Compensation. Lol.

I do have a question to add, and I hate to pile onto the already difficult situation. I was close to my additional 2500 6* shards for the alliance season event in our tab. Will anything be done for players that were unable to reach the final milestone due to cancelation? I am typically a backup for our group, so I am always last to claim. However you can see that I would have made my milestone with the 3k points for placement. Just wanted to know if there is anyway to rectify things like this.

You can reach it through regular Wars. It doesn't have to be Season.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,424 Guardian

I do have a question to add, and I hate to pile onto the already difficult situation. I was close to my additional 2500 6* shards for the alliance season event in our tab. Will anything be done for players that were unable to reach the final milestone due to cancelation? I am typically a backup for our group, so I am always last to claim. However you can see that I would have made my milestone with the 3k points for placement. Just wanted to know if there is anyway to rectify things like this.

Had they just scrubbed the entire season as they did before, I wouldn't really be concerned about this. But I think this deep into the season, this is a reasonable concern. I don't know if there's anything Kabam could or would do about it, but I think it is worth thinking about. If there was a way to give everyone compensating points for this event so they get some additional credit, I wouldn't be opposed to that.
    DNA3000 said:

Had they just scrubbed the entire season as they did before, I wouldn't really be concerned about this. But I think this deep into the season, this is a reasonable concern. I don't know if there's anything Kabam could or would do about it, but I think it is worth thinking about. If there was a way to give everyone compensating points for this event so they get some additional credit, I wouldn't be opposed to that.
    For sure. If Wars aren't being run, that could be a consideration. My understanding was that they would run off-season, but I suppose it's possible they'll be taken down.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,424 ★★★★★
    Smiff said:

As someone who spent over 1K on black Friday/cyber weekend deals, who never comments on the changes you guys make and do to this game. I find it appalling that your solution is to lower rewards claim by one war, which we don't even have that many wars left, and then say this war doesn't count. There are numerous alliances that are on the verge of moving up a bracket that this war not counting will deem their seasons dead. You guys are literally coming off your most profitable weekend and us players are now being screwed out of rewards that we work for and have even spent time, money, and resources to obtain through war efforts. Weather it through buying deals or grinding arena and content for what we want. I hope you take this comment and reconsider your plans, or at least have some sort of massive compensation

How is your season "dead"? It was truncated. You'll still get rewards. Most likely the same ones you would have received had the last three wars happened.

You say there were "numerous alliances that are on the verge of moving up a bracket" without any proof, and it makes me wonder why you hadn't moved up earlier in the season, if you're that confident. More likely you would have ended where you were, because the alliances above you were apparently better or at least try to maintain their positions.

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Member Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    As for the whole debate of: What could have happened. That's just it, we'll never know. My alliance definitely was on an upward trajectory and quite literally only a few places away from the next bracket. And yeah, we were disappointed. But the reality is that we will never know, as the opportunity to find out was removed from us. While I understand that Kabam can't give rewards for a portion of a competition that just didn't happen, I see zero issue with them offering an "I'm sorry we messed up guys..." comp of some sort. What it would look like I'm not sure, but I see absolutely nothing wrong with a good will gesture here.Knowing that so much effort and planning goes into these things by the players.
  • shortskatrshortskatr Member Posts: 25
    So where does that put all the people that were one war away from hitting the 2500 six star shards,, you seemed to forget there’s a objectives and rewards for war,, great cancel it make the ratings not count but don’t make the last 10 wars useless to a guy,, please consider all the time spent in these objectives,, it’s not the first time this was forgotten about and war was cancelled early..
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Member Posts: 551 ★★
    Just curious, how are some of you guys reaching the conclusion that you would've jumped up a tier? That's not a trolling or snarky question, I'm honestly asking. We were 15th in our tier and I thought we'd get back to last season's finish. We lost and dropped to 217th or 271st with three wars to go. I'm asking because I'm curious if we could've hypothetically made the next tier or not. I know it's kind of a moot point but I'm having a severe case of the "should've/could've" going on. Thanks!
  • FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Member Posts: 778 ★★★
    My thoughts,
    It’s super unrealistic for Kabam to bring people up a tier/rankings, some rankings in the game can’t really be in a sense “boosted” (talking about masters 1-3, and even like top 10).
    I feel like the best thing they would do is distribute the AW Solo rewards in 1 package to everyone despite if they already have it completed or not. Could also just a compensation package that is somewhat similar to the solo rewards.
    They’re prolly not gonna give any comp though lol.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Member Posts: 1,376 ★★★★
    If there are Off-Season Wars, and I think there are, just use them to finish your Solo Objectives.

@shortskatr @STRIFE1512
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Member Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    jdrum663 said:

Just curious, how are some of you guys reaching the conclusion that you would've jumped up a tier? That's not a trolling or snarky question, I'm honestly asking. We were 15th in our tier and I thought we'd get back to last season's finish. We lost and dropped to 217th or 271st with three wars to go. I'm asking because I'm curious if we could've hypothetically made the next tier or not. I know it's kind of a moot point but I'm having a severe case of the "should've/could've" going on. Thanks!

They can’t. They are just baiting for more rewards. Unless you are top 20ish of each bracket you were going to stay in the same bracket. Heck I’d even say top 10.

And that is very dependent on those above you all loosing. And according to the posts here everyone thinks they would have won their last wars.

Even if you were on a zero loss the entire season there is nothing to prove you wouldn’t have lost from now till then. Even undefeated choke in the super bowl.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,424 Guardian
    WOLF_LINK said:

If there are Off-Season Wars, and I think there are, just use them to finish your Solo Objectives.

@shortskatr @STRIFE1512

You wouldn't need the whole alliance to do them either, presumably it is just a small group of players who are likely to be short, as there were plenty of wars for the more active players to max out the event. Just start a one group war and put the short people and the people who are willing to help them out into one group and do enough to cross the finish line. It is what I would do if I had a few short people. It is a bit of a pain, and not an ideal solution, but I would think most alliances could arrange something.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Member Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★

jdrum663 said:

They can’t. They are just baiting for more rewards. Unless you are top 20ish of each bracket you were going to stay in the same bracket. Heck I’d even say top 10.

And that is very dependent on those above you all loosing. And according to the posts here everyone thinks they would have won their last wars.

Even if you were on a zero loss the entire season there is nothing to prove you wouldn’t have lost from now till then. Even undefeated choke in the super bowl.
    And if you were rank 2? And had also just moved back up in tier/multiplier?
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Member Posts: 551 ★★
    Y'all aren't helping! Lol I'm just kidding. We're usually set into a tier by this time of the season. I was hoping we could get back to where we were since the rewards are significantly better. Thanks!
  • psp742psp742 Member Posts: 2,546 ★★★★
    This AW season we were up to silver1 but each and every time I check.. the alliance AW rating goes back and forth from silver1 to silver2.. honestly not sure what our alliance AW rating is now.

I hope rewards are buffed a bit.. maybe sprinkle some glory points or 5* and 6* shards, some extra rank up resources would be nice.
    Whatever kabam decides I hope it is pro player.
  • VTA92VTA92 Member Posts: 374 ★★★

jdrum663 said:

And if you were rank 2? And had also just moved back up in tier/multiplier?
    Sound like us. We are rank 1 in a tier and we’re only 8k points from the next tier prior to the start of this weeks last 3 wars. Big time bummer.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Member Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Something I’m not seeing here is that (aside from master level) alliances who were on the cusp of a next tier of rewards weren’t going to drop down and could only move up in rewards. This is something that goes into strategy, planning and expenditures leading up to the end of a season. They’ve lost that opportunity to increase their tier of rewards due to the bug and still had to pay the price of getting to that position when it would’ve been less costly and less stressful to just play for the rewards of the tier they’ve been forced to place in.

Maybe they could expand the rewards tier by a percentage. 25% of the wars were missed, maybe expand the tiers by 25% to compensate.

Something I’m not seeing here is that (aside from master level) alliances who were on the cusp of a next tier of rewards weren’t going to drop down and could only move up in rewards. This is something that goes into strategy, planning and expenditures leading up to the end of a season. They’ve lost that opportunity to increase their tier of rewards due to the bug and still had to pay the price of getting to that position when it would’ve been less costly and less stressful to just play for the rewards of the tier they’ve been forced to place in.

Maybe they could expand the rewards tier by a percentage. 25% of the wars were missed, maybe expand the tiers by 25% to compensate.

No.

No.
    Yawn. Kick rocks.

No.
    Yawn. Kick rocks.
    No.
    edited December 2021

No.
    Yawn. Kick rocks.
    No.
    Troll. If you ever mature and look back in your recent behavior towards me you’ll regret it. Just save yourself pain and stop.

No.
    Yawn. Kick rocks.
    No.
    Troll. If you ever mature and look back in your recent behavior towards me you’ll regret it. Just save yourself pain and stop.
    No regerts here.

No.
    Yawn. Kick rocks.
    No.
    No regerts here.
    Like I was implying, when you stop being childish. That will need to come first.

No.
    Yawn. Kick rocks.
    No.
    No regerts here.
    Like I was implying, when you stop being childish. That will need to come first.
    Says the guy calling people trolls.