**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thoughts on this month's Cav EQ?

Comments

• CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Love it
    JaggedSac said:

Tigra whooped my buttocks after I got to her just by using Howard. Ended up using multiple revives. Anyone got any advice?

HT prefight
  • MarvsbdMarvsbd Posts: 55
    Love it
    As I was one of the few to vote love it, thought i best comment. I do have a fairly deep roster, but enjoying having to use champs i don't always use. For 3.1, i have virtually solo'd a few paths with my 6* r1 Massacre who I rarely use, and one shot the NF every time with 5* Colossus, so I now have a new love for Massacre. Must be tough for those who don't have the roster, but shouldn't the hardest difficulty be for end game players with deep rosters, or where is the challenge? Was pleased to see them not do the usual 'per class', and bring therefore I bring my usual champs.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Love it
    JaggedSac said:

Tigra whooped my buttocks after I got to her just by using Howard. Ended up using multiple revives. Anyone got any advice?

I used Rulk for her, but I already had him as an R3 6 because I've been a fan of him for a long time and he's on my attack team usually. However, I also had Torch and White Mags on the team as back up in case the tagged champs I brought didn't work out. So, my advice to also just bring your best counters regardless of whether they are tagged or not. Many will say Torch, but just depends on who is *your* best counter.
    edited December 2021
    Love it
    Owrns said:

I've ignored the tags. And played normal champs. But the new tags are rubbish. Just trying to get **** champs ranked up.

Hyperion
    Corvus
    Scarlet Witch
    BWDO
    Hit Monkey
    Cap IW
    Domino
    Hood
    Nebula
    Namor
    Falcon
    Red Hulk
    Hulk Buster
    Sym Supreme
    Venom
    Medusa
    She-hulk
    Wolverine
    Torch
    Mr. F
    - And many others

Are **** champs?
  • AhmedHanafy1AhmedHanafy1 Posts: 30
    Hate it
    I honestly don't like the idea that you should go and search for very specific champions, I don't ask Kabam to make cavalier super easy as it always is, but just not to be that time consuming to search for very specific champions, it can be difficult with more options, than easy with very specific options
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,386 ★★★★
    Hate it
    Happy to see I am not the only one who hates it and the majority shares the hate . Kabam should really get test players to get feedback before they decide to do **** like this
  • HalleyHalley Posts: 383 ★★
    edited December 2021
    Hate it
    Those who love it must be whales to have many appropriate champs.

They just apply Variants' rules on Cav EQ, with same rewards but much stressful playing (or money grabbing)

Not worth trying for these rewards
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Hate it
    Kabam surely has to be taking notice at this right? Noone from Kabam has commented on this yet, which is kinda alarming.

Clearly judging by the poll and the comments here it's pretty evident this month's EQ has been a complete failure.
  • HalleyHalley Posts: 383 ★★
    Hate it

Owrns said:

I've ignored the tags. And played normal champs. But the new tags are rubbish. Just trying to get **** champs ranked up.

Hyperion
    Corvus
    Scarlet Witch
    BWDO
    Hit Monkey
    Cap IW
    Domino
    Hood
    Nebula
    Namor
    Falcon
    Red Hulk
    Hulk Buster
    Sym Supreme
    Venom
    Medusa
    She-hulk
    Wolverine
    Torch
    Mr. F
    - And many others

Are **** champs?
    How many Cav can have and rank up all these champs?
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    JaggedSac said:

The Falter was pretty annoying, as due to the combos, most of my special attack would be faltered.
    My thought process was initially I wanted a big special damage champion, but multi-hit specials can trigger falter if you're not paying attention.

I ended up using NF for my one runthrough. Didn't manage to solo, but he took off about 70% or so health, and then the remainder of my team finished her off.
  • Crazy_JamieCrazy_Jamie Posts: 345 ★★
    Love it
    Personally, I’m enjoying it. Hence the vote. But then I’m TB and I play war at tier 1, so I have at least a couple of champs ranked up who meet the tags in each level, and have the skill to use unranked champs who also met the tags, because providing you don’t get hit even a 5* r4 or 6* r1 can get through the fights pretty quickly if they accumulate charges.

However, I fully recognise that I’m in the minority in my opinion, because I am in the minority with my account and skill level. It’s difficult to defend this setup from the perspective of your average Cavalier player. The idea is fine is actually very good in theory, but the execution is poor. I agree entirely with the person who said that it’s the same issue as Variant 8. It is. Simply put, non end game content cannot have a significant restriction on the champions you can use. I’m an endgame player, so I’m enjoying this. But it’s not endgame content. It’s a monthly EQ. Just like Variant 8 is supposedly not end game content. So when only end game players can only properly access it, there’s a serious problem, and I’m not sure how Kabam didn’t realise that.
  • Hate it
    Game isn’t working right, AQ and EQ are a complete mess, variant 8 was a trash fire, new character are released glitched and inputs don’t work properly and now Kabam Implement thronebre.. I mean cav EQ with a hashtag system that makes no sense and ridiculous amount of unnecessary text to read and have made it way harder but the rewards are outed dated, what is going on at Kabam why are there so many bad decisions and untested and bugged content being released. And cav EQ is no way designed for cav players. If do you want to create a difficulty for TB then just create a new difficulty for TB instead of being deceitful and enhancing Cavalier EQ into TB difficulty. The new cav eq is horrible just change it back to the way it was
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Indifferent
    I was not thrilledd at first, but then realized how massively strong your ramped champs become. You don't have to use your normal counters for paths when they have 10 furies coming into the fight and more building up in the current one. I was using 6* ebony maw on a lot of fights in the Thanks Army one. And corvus and cull make those paths (even against sym supreme and other mystics) pretty darn easy. Then take those ramped champs to the boss and smack him down fast too. Awesome.

Only issue I had was the reparry Merc one with the defenders throwing heavies as soon as I did the first parry and before a re-parry could be attempted. That was pretty garbage. So just bring your best bleeders and it's like a normal fight, or bring your r1 domino, hitmonkey, Gwenpool and go to town if they're not ranked up.

The content change wasn't really the issue for me. The AI and the input lag were what made some of this annoying, but it's not like that hasn't been the case for most of 2021 already. Let's fix the game!!!! And until then, try not to use punishing nodes that require dex and re-parry if it's not working correctly. But beyond that, the format works for me.
  • HilldarHilldar Posts: 191 ★★
    Hate it
    I haven’t missed 100% exploring the cav EQ since it started. I got through chapter 1 and just dropped it.
    I quit AW because it stopped being fun. I walked away from my alliance after years, because even AQ stopped being fun. I can’t stand incursions anymore because you can never get a decent partner, and that’s not fun. I had planned on just doing monthly and story content, but now that’s not going to be fun. What the hell were they thinking with paradox by the way? I guess I’m done playing for awhile? Kind of sad. I really loved this game.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Love it
    I love how you can use the My Little Symbiote in 2.1. I faced rolled Yondu twice and did several paths with him. Fun. (Hat tip to Rich the Man for the idea.)
    Love it
    Halley said:

Owrns said:

Hyperion
    Corvus
    Scarlet Witch
    BWDO
    Hit Monkey
    Cap IW
    Domino
    Hood
    Nebula
    Namor
    Falcon
    Red Hulk
    Hulk Buster
    Sym Supreme
    Venom
    Medusa
    She-hulk
    Wolverine
    Torch
    Mr. F
    - And many others

Are **** champs?
    How many Cav can have and rank up all these champs?
    Thanks for explaining your disagree. Most don't explain. I'm not suggesting they should have *all* of them ranked. At all. I'm simply saying that in my opinion (and I think a lot of others), that these are not **** champs. Champs that both A: should and can be ranked for other uses besides this iteration of EQ and B: are actually in a lot of cases the same champs that get bonuses in other class based iterations of Cav EQ. That's all I'm saying.

Secondly, my advice has always been to use whichever champs are best for the particular path, quest and boss.If some of them happen to be tagged champs, great. They will get a huge bonus. Also a lot of folks have had success with R1 and 4/55 tagged champs in the right situation.

And sure, the depth of one's roster will always have an affect on the ease at which one clears *any* content. Not just this. It's how the game works. What would be the incentive to grow your roster (play the game) at all otherwise? Serious question. To do content, grow our account and experience level.. clear more content, repeat. Is supposed to be the the point of the game. When Uncollected EQ first came out (2018?)... it was really hard for me. I had to choose to only do initial completion or to use items to 100% if I wanted the rewards. Kabam actually said something along these lines when Cav was first introduced. That newly Cav should not expect an easy time for 100%. That there will be "easy" paths for one time clear, etc. It just seems that folks want to be able to clear every piece of content without any struggle or challenge. If this eventually happens the game will become something else.

If there's a part of this that folks are struggling on, watch a video, ask for advice, take a second look at the options, etc. But I think folks try to dive in right away and then get upset without having done research sometimes.
    Love it
    Hilldar said:

I haven’t missed 100% exploring the cav EQ since it started. I got through chapter 1 and just dropped it.
    I quit AW because it stopped being fun. I walked away from my alliance after years, because even AQ stopped being fun. I can’t stand incursions anymore because you can never get a decent partner, and that’s not fun. I had planned on just doing monthly and story content, but now that’s not going to be fun. What the hell were they thinking with paradox by the way? I guess I’m done playing for awhile? Kind of sad. I really loved this game.

Sorry to hear that. I'm not a huge fan of Paradox in general either. It seems to take over the strategy of the entire fight. Leaving no room for much else. In my opinion.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Hate it
    Whoever came up with the design of this month's EQ should be fired. It's horrible. It takes too long, plus since this month's update my gameplay issues are back to the worst ever. Laggy and choppy as all heck, can't dash back, inputs constantly dropped. Make the month's EQ 10 times harder for the same rewards? No thanks, I'm not wasting my time on this garbage. 2021 has been worse than 12.0 update. And I walked away for 18 months after that. I walk away this time it's gonna be for good.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Hate it
    I'm fortunate to have a large roster and play at high level so I've been able to get through it without items. But I can't see regular players with smaller rosters not even wanting to try this. Rewards definitely not worth the difficulty level. Especially with the game control issues.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Love it
    I didn't like it at first but the more I played it, it became enjoyable.

It's presents a different challenge, something new to think about.

If parry/dex would work better this will be much more enjoyable.
    Love it
    Ok, I'm back.. and I have a criticism about the Quest. 🙂 I will always be honest about what I think. Whether in disagreement or agreement. In this case I agree about something.

While I still made it out without items, the Brute Force added to one of the paths in 3.1 was excessive in my opinion. I feel the level of difficulty was fine without it. It was an unnecessary addition to the lane. Especially because it's also my opinion that nodes of this nature actually seem to encourage the AI into passive behavior/special holding. Which already seems to be an issue of late.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Hate it
    Owrns said:

it's actually easier to play with whatever champ you want ...

the new nodes are overly complex and require too much time to read/understand .. plus lookup "proper" champs based on tags ..

then the benefits are kinda sub-par anyway ...

I don't want to have to need an engineering degree to understand the nodes and what silly hoops I need to jump through ..

This isn't so much challenging content to play .. as challenging content to understand .. :(
    totally "un-fun"
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Hate it
    dot_ditto said:

Owrns said:

it's actually easier to play with whatever champ you want ...

the new nodes are overly complex and require too much time to read/understand .. plus lookup "proper" champs based on tags ..

then the benefits are kinda sub-par anyway ...

I don't want to have to need an engineering degree to understand the nodes and what silly hoops I need to jump through ..

This isn't so much challenging content to play .. as challenging content to understand .. :(
    totally "un-fun"
    On the flip side, the one thing I DO like about this month ... only 1 new champ to understand/deal with ... :)

I hope 1 champ/month becomes the new "normal" ..
    (I know it won't .. but I can hope :P )
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Hate it
    Epic Fail way worse then Alliance Bases that never came through 🙄