**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ultron is better than warlock and it is not even close

Comments

• FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Falconi said:

I never considered Ultron being better than Warlock. I suppose the ideology that Ghost is the best tech followed by Warlock has stood with me, but I never considered it.

What I have considered is that Ultron is very good, and can do a lot. I have certain things I take Ultron to constantly, and have found myself playing Warlock less because I like the Ultron character.

I like Ultron better because his bleeds and degen come more organically and his regeneration is very strong compared to Warlock’s.

Warlock has that infection that does so much.

Armor ups. I believe that if one of them had an armor break in their kit it would put them over the top.

Having both and trying to decide which is better is a great great problem to have.

Oh yeah, I like Warlock’s victory screen. When he hiccups and eyes pop out of his head - it makes my kid laugh.

Let me paint u a picture. I have 6* r2 guardian G2 ally i consistently fight havok in important nodes and the most annoying can be is the one where armor breaks if u dont hit champ under 6 sec. On that node champs like guilly or warlock or my guardian are very risky to fight if havok is r3 6* defender. On that node ULTRON IS BEAST. Because a simple parry gives u armor up even if havok doesn't get stun from parry. U get armor and u can stack as many as u want just fight them where as if armor breaks for those above champs u have to wait 15 sec to reaper. I use guardian more in war as i said but 2nd preference is ultron and then maxed 5* warlock if i need heal suppression otherwise i dont give that guy a 2nd look. So armor up of ultron is usable especially against havok on that armor break node
    For sure. I agree totally. I luckily have both at R3, so I am faced with an excellent problem. Both are great to me.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

I agree with @Terra , I don’t find her reliable at all.

In this Unblockable Unstoppable trend with dropped inputs and lag she wouldn’t be my first choice, and it’s really annoying to have to finish your fight with an SP3 to carry over your combo.

I’m sorry but maybe I don’t want to reach an SP3. Maybe I want to spam SP1s only to manage the fight. Maybe by the time the fight is managed the opponent I won’t be able to reach an SP3 and the opponent is knocked out.

It’s not hard to see how she can be an impractical champ to play, not many players will like locking a champ’s highest potential behind an SP3 at 5% of opponent health, it’s increased mental load.

On top of all that, she needs her dupe and max sig. Otherwise, personally I’m just not comfortable tanking a hit. Now to be fair, I don’t have her duped or at max sig. If I did, I might be singing a slightly different tune.

Anyway back to the point, if you are comfortable with ending a fight with an SP3, good on you. But if you can manage it reliably, don’t expect others to or expect them to have the same experiences you have.

Different champs in the hands of different players do different things.

I can honestly say this is the first time I've seen someone say g99 needs to be duped and max Sig.

Her Sig is an additional combo shield, you can guarantee yourself 6 of them unawakened in majority of her matchups AND she has a chance to go invisible if hit. She's probably the most hand holding combo ramp champ in the game.

The way you guys describe your inability to hold a combo I'm more concerned about you getting KOd by defenders

If you don't like the champ or are unable to use her it's fine people play differently, what I find ridiculous though is how often people list out highly subjective reasons and use them to try and convince themselves g99 is objectively unreliable or impractical.

Like if holding a sp3 until the defender is 5% causes you "increased mental load" how does that translate to she's impractical?

There are measures in her kit that specifically help her make it practical. She doesn't crit and her damage is per hit, this means her damage is consistent and you are at low risk of missing the 5% threshold.

It also allows for use of heavies to gain more power with marginally different damage due to the damage being skewed to the additional energy damage. You're not gonna suddenly go from having a 10% opponent to KO unless you're not paying attention.

She's literally designed to accommodate for her requirements.

Being scared of losing a combo or getting the itch to throw specials when she's designed not to be reliant on them is a you issue not a champ issue.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,769 ★★★★★

Rookiie said:

In this Unblockable Unstoppable trend with dropped inputs and lag she wouldn’t be my first choice, and it’s really annoying to have to finish your fight with an SP3 to carry over your combo.

I’m sorry but maybe I don’t want to reach an SP3. Maybe I want to spam SP1s only to manage the fight. Maybe by the time the fight is managed the opponent I won’t be able to reach an SP3 and the opponent is knocked out.

It’s not hard to see how she can be an impractical champ to play, not many players will like locking a champ’s highest potential behind an SP3 at 5% of opponent health, it’s increased mental load.

On top of all that, she needs her dupe and max sig. Otherwise, personally I’m just not comfortable tanking a hit. Now to be fair, I don’t have her duped or at max sig. If I did, I might be singing a slightly different tune.

Anyway back to the point, if you are comfortable with ending a fight with an SP3, good on you. But if you can manage it reliably, don’t expect others to or expect them to have the same experiences you have.

I can honestly say this is the first time I've seen someone say g99 needs to be duped and max Sig.

Her Sig is an additional combo shield, you can guarantee yourself 6 of them unawakened in majority of her matchups AND she has a chance to go invisible if hit. She's probably the most hand holding combo ramp champ in the game.

The way you guys describe your inability to hold a combo I'm more concerned about you getting KOd by defenders

If you don't like the champ or are unable to use her it's fine people play differently, what I find ridiculous though is how often people list out highly subjective reasons and use them to try and convince themselves g99 is objectively unreliable or impractical.

Like if holding a sp3 until the defender is 5% causes you "increased mental load" how does that translate to she's impractical?

There are measures in her kit that specifically help her make it practical. She doesn't crit and her damage is per hit, this means her damage is consistent and you are at low risk of missing the 5% threshold.

It also allows for use of heavies to gain more power with marginally different damage due to the damage being skewed to the additional energy damage. You're not gonna suddenly go from having a 10% opponent to KO unless you're not paying attention.

Being scared of losing a combo or getting the itch to throw specials when she's designed not to be reliant on them is a you issue not a champ issue.

I literally implied it was a me issue and not a champ issue. Here, read again:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

I saw that, what I'm talking about is the claiming she's impractical to play when being aware the problems you encounter are subjective.
    It doesn't make sense.
    Already said it's fine people play differently
  • UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★
    Is Ultron still bugged? And is he good without that synergy? One of the reason I never tried playing around with him is cause I don't want bugged abilities to give a wrong sense of the champion.

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

I saw that, what I'm talking about is the claiming she's impractical to play when being aware the problems you encounter are subjective.
    It doesn't make sense.

They are subjective, but then again isn’t everything in this game?
    What’s impractical to me might be perfectly practical and rewarding to you. There are people on this forum who can’t stand CGR, people who say Quake is useless for them, etc. We can’t jump at everyone’s throats every time we disagree with them.
    I think @Terra ’s opinion is perfectly fine and I resonate with it, that is all.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

FYI, I just got KO’d using Ultron in AW (albeit experimenting on certain nodes/fights).

I don’t believe Warlock would have made a difference, the fight needed an armor break champ.

Who's the worst.

This guy!!!

“FluffyPigMonster is better than warlock and it’s not even close” thread is coming soon 👀😜

What fight did u try out? @FluffyPigMonster
    Bleed immune unblockable vs a killmonger, already at 30% health with no boosts.

I got caught striking into him after he threw an SP1 and bubye me.

Eh. I was like “I’ll wait out the reverb”.

NOPE.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Ultron has always felt like a “destined” champ for me. That is, he was one of my first 4*s and 5*. My first naturally duped 5*.

Weirdly, of my almost 100 6* champs, only 5 of them are tech, and one of those is a duped ultron. I’ve always loved his look, his animations, I’m just glad his power levels now match those!

Personally, I do run him with HB (5/65), but also my 6* war machine. I like the support and skirmish prefights for ultron. No idea how the fortify interacts with ultrons sig ability?
    Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

It doesn't make sense.

What’s impractical to me might be perfectly practical and rewarding to you. There are people on this forum who can’t stand CGR, people who say Quake is useless for them, etc. We can’t jump at everyone’s throats every time we disagree with them.
    I think @Terra ’s opinion is perfectly fine and I resonate with it, that is all.
    Resonating with Terra's opinion is fine, like I said people play differently.
    What I can't agree with is how people translate their playstyle issues into character kit deficiency.

For example being unable to play quake properly does not mean she impractical, her kit design works well and the parts are synergistic.
    Same goes for CGR, being unable to stand him should have 0 correlation to how practical he is, Judgement system is well planned out and works.

It comes down to how I define impractical so we'll probably have to agree to disagree. Don't see how people can be aware the issue lies with their playstyle yet also think it's the character that's impractical
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,014 ★★★★★
    All this talk about best robots and not even a mention of Nimrod… y’all be sleeping on my Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

It doesn't make sense.

Resonating with Terra's opinion is fine, like I said people play differently.
    What I can't agree with is how people translate their playstyle issues into character kit deficiency.

For example being unable to play quake properly does not mean she impractical, her kit design works well and the parts are synergistic.
    Same goes for CGR, being unable to stand him should have 0 correlation to how practical he is, Judgement system is well planned out and works.

It comes down to how I define impractical so we'll probably have to agree to disagree. Don't see how people can be aware the issue lies with their playstyle yet also think it's the character that's impractical

Simply because other champions do more for them with the same amount of effort or less. That’s all. I can still call her impractical for me, but it doesn’t mean she’s impractical in general.
    In time, maybe my opinion will change, but I know a lot of players share my point of view on G2099. And we all know she’s a fantastic champion. Just not for us.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,751 ★★★★★
    I don't have a 6* Ultron so I can't really compare him with my r3 Warlock, but I will say this based on my experience with my 5* Ultron:

Does he do some things better than Warlock? For sure.

Does he have a "thing" that makes him stand out and capable of dealing with certain pieces of content better than anyone else in the game? I've yet to see it, whereas Warlock definitely has. His virus is incredibly useful. Whenever someone has a regen buff, he is most likely the best champion for that fight. If a defender in AW runs willpower (and especially paired with suicides), they're dead before the fight even started.

Ultron got a great buff. He does a lot of things really well and is a great champion. In some areas, he definitely does better than Warlock. However, if I could only r3 one of them, I'd probably still go with Warlock. He has a unique way of dealing with a lot of stuff that allows him to control a lot of fights better than anyone else in the game. Ultron does stuff that a lot of champions already do, just really, really well.

I would also say that Warlock wins a lot by not needing his awakened ability at all, while a fair bit of Ultron's utility is tied to it. That makes a huge difference when it comes to 6*s.
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    I gotta agree with you
    Big Ultron fan personally
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

All this talk about best robots and not even a mention of Nimrod… y’all be sleeping on my Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

Marshmallow Man haunts my dreams and taunts me every time I spin the featured 5*. One day he'll join my roster. One day
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    Your case could have been so much better is it wasn't biase. If you gave credit where it's really due, you could have turned some Warlock lovers. Will state some few obvious
    1. How is Ultron's armor up better when it isn't even permanent?
    2. Ultron again wins on heal block, yet he needs synergy to access it and it's 7sec while Warlock's heal block is 20sec ignoring that with Cable synergy Warlock virus gain is on steroids.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    MaxGaming said:

Starlord OG tech king

OG king at that
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    *Silver Centurion enters the chat.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,911 ★★★★★
    I run my ultron with vision aou 6 r2 soon to be r3.
    Ultron 6r3 duped sig 120
    Vision 6r2 duped sig 20 soon to be r3
    Og SW 5r5 sig 88
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Yeah i didnt even bother after reading 1st and 2nd best tech...
  • SleipnirrodSleipnirrod Posts: 228 ★★
    2 words: Iron Patriot