Options

Ranking to r3 is a fraud !

2»

Comments

• Options
    AlexnlsAlexnls Posts: 17
    Malreck04 said:

They recently said it’s to encourage players to continue with the leveling up process, believe it was Porthos who said it.

Hey “Summoner”, rest assured, this is an intentional aspect of the game. We implemented it to encourage players to Level Up their Champions after reaching a higher Rank. While in some cases, there can be an initial decrease in the Champion's attributes, they can then be Levelled Up to make them much more powerful than was possible at a lower Rank.

While it’s not a big deal, that’s dumb explanation. Why would players not want to level up their champ ?
    Right , Who leaves a r3 unmaxed? The real problem îs that at the end of the Day you spend 12 lvl into them just for nothing, that 12 lvl that costs resources dont bring them uper than a r2 max lvl because of the rankup or maybe i sould say rankdown, because that happen when you press that buton în the start
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Alexnls said:

Malreck04 said:

They recently said it’s to encourage players to continue with the leveling up process, believe it was Porthos who said it.

Hey “Summoner”, rest assured, this is an intentional aspect of the game. We implemented it to encourage players to Level Up their Champions after reaching a higher Rank. While in some cases, there can be an initial decrease in the Champion's attributes, they can then be Levelled Up to make them much more powerful than was possible at a lower Rank.

While it’s not a big deal, that’s dumb explanation. Why would players not want to level up their champ ?
    Right , Who leaves a r3 unmaxed? The real problem îs that at the end of the Day you spend 12 lvl into them just for nothing, that 12 lvl that costs resources dont bring them uper than a r2 max lvl because of the rankup or maybe i sould say rankdown, because that happen when you press that buton în the start
    If it was changed to what you want to happen, then all it would mean is each level only adds a small amount of stats but end up at exactly the same point as it does now.

You are arguing for a futile change that doesn’t affect you, as you’re going to level up Cap Marvel anyway. If you were planning on leaving them half levelled up, then it may affect you. But you weren’t, so it doesn’t.

You aren’t being cheated out of anything I’m afraid
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

If there is little benefit why bother spending the time to earn the iso?
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

Malreck04 said:

But the benefit is not little? There is a significant difference between the health and damage of a r3 lv1 and a r3 lv 45
  • Options
    DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 768 ★★★
    It’s to prevent people from simply ranking them up and not leveling them up.

If you rank them up and they get stronger, you’ll be able to clear more content without using up gold and iso.

This way doesn’t encourage you but more to FORCE you to grind/spend that iso or gold.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

Malreck04 said:

But the benefit is not little? There is a significant difference between the health and damage of a r3 lv1 and a r3 lv 45
    Exactly, being it is not little and is rather significant players will want to level up their champions instead of seeing no benefit to it.

I dunno, I just don’t see the issue with how it’s designed. Was only here to convey the info and maybe offer a reason to grasp onto if someone felt they needed one, was rather proud of the catalysts used for ranking leaving your champions in a weakened state hungry for iso.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I get the feeling it would be a greater encouragement of a behavior if they did a better job communicating that it exists. I’ve ranked up a champ before to capture expiring resources while leaving the levels for level up events. After all these years, I never realized that this left the champ slightly lower powered? I doubt it is a meaningful amount, of course. But still, I hate finding things out this way, lol.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,639 ★★★★★
    Alexnls said:

DannyB01 said:

What a stupid encouragement from Kabam. They’re a higher rank, so should be more powerful. It’s called “progression”, not “regression first but will eventually be progression” lol

Exactly my toughts, its either a bug or they did that on purpose for r3 to not become too op, but the stealing right în our faceces its priceless😅 why dont u change the r3 description to R 2.75 then kabam?
    Why would you take a champ to r3 so you could have a 3/13? Take her to 3/45 and she will be far more powerful with much higher prestige. Leveled up R2 is higher than unleveled r3, and unleveled r3 has the potential to be much higher with a little ISO. I don't really see the problem
  • Options

Not so much prevention, because you can't rank up if you don't also level up to max level. It is more to incentivize leveling up, because the faster you level up the more of the maximum power of the champion you unlock sooner than later.

Games are ultimately about choices. Games incentivize certain choices and penalize others, but most choices have pros and cons and nowhere is this more universal than when it comes to spending resources in the game. There is always an opportunity cost to spending resources: you don't have them to spend elsewhere. And there's generally a cost to acquire them: grinding, spending, etc. The game needs strong incentives to spend resources, and the way the rank and levels work provides a strong incentive to level champions up to counterbalance the strong disincentives to spending resources and make this a more interesting choice.

*Ultimately* there's little choice because of the requirement to max level before rank up. But within the gaps between rank ups there's lots of choices involved in when to rank up and when to level up champions.

The fact that the ranks overlap with higher rarities is actually not explicitly deliberate, at least as I understand it. Rather, it is a consequence of two other design rules: the devs want each level to have a certain incremental strength (i.e. make the champ incrementally more powerful) and the devs want each rank to have a certain jump in strength. Lower rarity champs don't overlap: ranks and levels tend to flow continuously. But 6* champs specifically do overlap, because when they set the jumps for rank and the increments for levels, they discovered there wasn't enough "space" between ranks to accommodate the levels. It was like trying to use ladders to climb up a wall: the landings where the ladders were placed were closer together than the ladders were tall. So the ladder from the previous landing extended above the bottom of the next higher ladder: they overlap. The devs felt the rank requirements and the level requirements were more important than the need for the ranks to not overlap, so they overlap.

So basically the ladder needs to be tall enough to incentivize players climbing it. But the starting point for each ladder has to be confined to a limited maximum height to keep the power levels within balance boundaries. These combine in 6* champs to have overlapping ranks. That's why I believe this feature has been described in the past as a requirement for incentivizing level up. It is, indirectly.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,465 ★★★★
    Why should you even care about prestige? Unless you are actually in a top alliance
  • Options
    AlexnlsAlexnls Posts: 17
    DNA3000 said:

Not so much prevention, because you can't rank up if you don't also level up to max level. It is more to incentivize leveling up, because the faster you level up the more of the maximum power of the champion you unlock sooner than later.

Games are ultimately about choices. Games incentivize certain choices and penalize others, but most choices have pros and cons and nowhere is this more universal than when it comes to spending resources in the game. There is always an opportunity cost to spending resources: you don't have them to spend elsewhere. And there's generally a cost to acquire them: grinding, spending, etc. The game needs strong incentives to spend resources, and the way the rank and levels work provides a strong incentive to level champions up to counterbalance the strong disincentives to spending resources and make this a more interesting choice.

*Ultimately* there's little choice because of the requirement to max level before rank up. But within the gaps between rank ups there's lots of choices involved in when to rank up and when to level up champions.

The fact that the ranks overlap with higher rarities is actually not explicitly deliberate, at least as I understand it. Rather, it is a consequence of two other design rules: the devs want each level to have a certain incremental strength (i.e. make the champ incrementally more powerful) and the devs want each rank to have a certain jump in strength. Lower rarity champs don't overlap: ranks and levels tend to flow continuously. But 6* champs specifically do overlap, because when they set the jumps for rank and the increments for levels, they discovered there wasn't enough "space" between ranks to accommodate the levels. It was like trying to use ladders to climb up a wall: the landings where the ladders were placed were closer together than the ladders were tall. So the ladder from the previous landing extended above the bottom of the next higher ladder: they overlap. The devs felt the rank requirements and the level requirements were more important than the need for the ranks to not overlap, so they overlap.

So basically the ladder needs to be tall enough to incentivize players climbing it. But the starting point for each ladder has to be confined to a limited maximum height to keep the power levels within balance boundaries. These combine in 6* champs to have overlapping ranks. That's why I believe this feature has been described in the past as a requirement for incentivizing level up. It is, indirectly.

if that's the case, then should we rejoice for our r2 heroes because they are actually rank 2.25, or should we be saddened that 6 r3 heroes actually lack a quarter of power?
  • Options
    KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 313 ★★★
    And now we see why the jump from r1 to r2 is much larger than r2 to r3.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,729 ★★★★★
    Ive never noticed this but I can see it being annoying if you rank to use expiring cats but dont have the iso to level to 12.

• Options

Moreso the reverse than the other way around.

The jump from R2 to R3 is smaller than the jump from R1 to R2 (or any other rank jump anywhere) to resolve the conflict between power creep and player progress expectations.
  • Options
    gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
    Alexnls said:

ItsDamien said:

Alexnls said:

Alexnls said:

Nocko said:

It is silly, but you didnt r3 them unless you have intention to max them out at that lvl no?
    When they're maxed out, they'd be much stronger...

I personally dont level up a champ unless i have the intention and ability to immediate max rank them at that level... but lf you ran out of iso, that's understandable, mercifully it's one of the resources that is very obtainable.

And by doing that you skip the part where you are stealed
    If you go max from the start you will not notice
    So why does it matter? You get what you want in the end.
    It masters because that 12 lvl up used to get the hero to the same stats as a r2 , when it could add a + to heal and atk from the start , and the iso , gold used for that , if you rank a champ its supuse to go up not down first and them up again .
    I think the Prestige is just showing the loss in combat power rate that is lost because I remember an explanation before that that attribute is dependent only on level not rank...so basically a 5s 5/65 has a higher combat power rate vs a 6s 2/35. the trade off though is the increase in so many other stats like HP and attack rating. basically the formula for prestige is just playing catch up considering the reset in the combat power rate stat. Combat power rate though is the only stat that I know of that is dependent on level I'm not sure of any others.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

The jump from R2 to R3 is smaller than the jump from R1 to R2 (or any other rank jump anywhere) to resolve the conflict between power creep and player progress expectations.
    At this point, 3-4 is worth even less than 2-3. It’s entirely possible 4-5 is less significant than that. Just pulling Apoc for comparison, he’s got 2475 attack at r2, 2936 then 3360.

Two reasons this is important (or at least noteworthy) - 1) these rankups are worth even less than the global boost in act 7 (700 attack), and 2) we only have two data points, but it’s not even a linear increase.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,158 ★★★★★
    I've never ranked a champ up to 6r3 without fully leveling them up so this is interesting to note!
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 970 ★★★
    TyEdge said:

DNA3000 said:

At this point, 3-4 is worth even less than 2-3. It’s entirely possible 4-5 is less significant than that. Just pulling Apoc for comparison, he’s got 2475 attack at r2, 2936 then 3360.
    Apocalypse's attack goes from 3360 at R4 to 3888 at R5. You can see the stats of any unowned 6* at R5 by filtering 6* and unowned in your champions tab.

I'm sure the idea was to keep maxed 6*'s two traditional ranks (in terms of stats) ahead of a maxed 5*. That's the trade off for 6*'s starting so high in power. Otherwise a 1/25 6*'s would be roughly be equivalent to a maxed 4* or R3 5*. In this scenario, every new rank would provide the normal stat percentage increases , but the end result would still be the same.
  • Options
    TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 439 ★★★
    Don't rank 3 your champs then. "Problem" solved 😉
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 584 ★★★
    Men, just rank up the champ to max level to see her real PI, stop talking trash.
  • Options
    DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    edited December 2021
    I've been looking over these comments and Im guessing OP has to be trolling. The end result when taking achampion to r3 is the same, so this issue has zero actual meaning. OP also said he has the iso to take the champ up anyways, so I don't see the point of this.

The only way this "issue" would be fixed is by making each level give you less attack and defense. And even then it wouldn't change anything. I don't know anyone who looks at individual attack and defense incraeses every level, it's just a useless thing to do since the end result is the same.
  • Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,571 ★★★★
    edited December 2021
    In other words spend more money on rank up items