**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Question about summoner trials for those getting all milestones in all 3 arenas

IcePickIcePick Posts: 212
edited January 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I’ve always farmed units from arena. But since the new arenas came on the scene I struggle to get more than 2m in the summoner trials.

Right now I have enough 5 and 6 stars to do 4 runs through the featured with only 6 stars and 4 runs through the basic with only 5 star champs and get all the milestones. But the four star arena takes a LOT of passes

Currently I have 15 four stars at rank 5, 12 at rank 4, 48 at rank 3, 72 at rank 2 and 54 at rank 1.

If I ended up ranking up 30 four stars at rank 5 I’d still have to do about 10 passes to hit 4m but would have the fewest total passes.

For those who hit this milestone along with the other 2 - what is your setup?
Post edited by Kabam Spice on

Comments

• Options
    IcePick said:

Probably not the question you were really asking, but: Suicides.

Suicides are not for everyone, and switching in and out of them can get expensive, but suicides are the number one way to boost scoring in the arena. I was reluctant to go suicides for a very long time, but once I really experimented with them and saw the raw scoring boost associated with them I went permanently full suicides. It makes my war defenders into cream puffs and it can sometimes cause problems in some higher tier content (Void is not my friend as a defender) but in exchange my arena scoring is as much as 40% faster compared to no suicides.

If you're committing to arena grinding as a primary way of earning resources in the game, I would strongly consider them.

Separate from that, you want to have as many 5/50s as possible to grind out the Trials arena. I have 45 5/50s which is plenty. Also if you are no longer really using 4* champs for content, pour your 4* sig stones into those 5/50s to maximize your points per round. Your points are based in part on the PI of your champs.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    Yeah if you want to use suicides, you're going to need to only rank up champions that have that utility to help counter the damage you're taking. From then on, once you hit your streak, just use high level four stars and clear the milestones.
  • Options
    Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    Suicides give more points, faster fights. As one of the other responders said, suicides at a certain level of aw defense, is an easy void fight. Personally I don't do much arena, I set my masteries for most annoying as defenders.
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    Sounds like Kabam should start throwing in some rank 5 4* gems as rewards every now and then! It literally costs them nothing and can bring joy back to ranking up 4 stars to use them in arena.

Right now though, they simply arent worth the resources unfortunately.
  • Options
    solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    Feeney234 said:

Sounds like Kabam should start throwing in some rank 5 4* gems as rewards every now and then! It literally costs them nothing and can bring joy back to ranking up 4 stars to use them in arena.

Right now though, they simply arent worth the resources unfortunately.

Maxing a 4* costs almost nothing these days though. Assuming you're at the level where you can grind the higher arenas, that is.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

IcePick said:

Suicides are not for everyone, and switching in and out of them can get expensive, but suicides are the number one way to boost scoring in the arena. I was reluctant to go suicides for a very long time, but once I really experimented with them and saw the raw scoring boost associated with them I went permanently full suicides. It makes my war defenders into cream puffs and it can sometimes cause problems in some higher tier content (Void is not my friend as a defender) but in exchange my arena scoring is as much as 40% faster compared to no suicides.

If you're committing to arena grinding as a primary way of earning resources in the game, I would strongly consider them.

Separate from that, you want to have as many 5/50s as possible to grind out the Trials arena. I have 45 5/50s which is plenty. Also if you are no longer really using 4* champs for content, pour your 4* sig stones into those 5/50s to maximize your points per round. Your points are based in part on the PI of your champs.
    @DNA3000 how many rounds does it take for you to reach 4.4 m in summoner trials and how many days?
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

IcePick said:

@DNA3000 how many rounds does it take for you to reach 4.4 m in summoner trials and how many days?
    It depends, typically around 120 rounds. The more I try to do it all in concentrated runs, the more rounds it takes because the deeper into my roster I go, the fewer points per round I score. If I stick to only my 5/50s and spread the effort out across all three days, it takes closer to 115 rounds.

Depending on how relaxed I’m grinding, I usually average between 2 and 2.5 minutes per round. Across 120 rounds that’s about 4-5 hours of time total across three days.

Occasionally I will pop open solo crystals and use the arena boosts, when I do that I can lower the rounds to below 110 but that’s not consistent.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

IcePick said:

It depends, typically around 120 rounds. The more I try to do it all in concentrated runs, the more rounds it takes because the deeper into my roster I go, the fewer points per round I score. If I stick to only my 5/50s and spread the effort out across all three days, it takes closer to 115 rounds.

Depending on how relaxed I’m grinding, I usually average between 2 and 2.5 minutes per round. Across 120 rounds that’s about 4-5 hours of time total across three days.

Occasionally I will pop open solo crystals and use the arena boosts, when I do that I can lower the rounds to below 110 but that’s not consistent.
    I see. I did it for the first time this week and I can score 1.5 m per day using only maxed 4* and it took 110 ish or somewhat that range to get all milestones. I do run suicides but the grind still seems way too much whereas both the other arenas can be done easily in one day