**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I was scammed. That gave me an idea for future gifting events.

13»

Comments

• Options
    OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,110 ★★★★★

OGAvenger said:

I mean, we can argue semantics and ulterior motives until the cows come home, but it's a Gifting Event. They don't reward trading, they reward Gifting. Players are doing what Players do, and trying to maximize their payout. Which isn't a fault, it's how people have devised maximum benefit. That doesn't mean it's Kabam's fault when people learn a hard lesson. We see the same thing happen when Alliance Members are trusted prematurely and they boot a bunch of people. It's an in-house issue. It's not a Barter Event. It's a Gifting Event.

They actually 100% reward trading. If I trade 5 GGC’s with someone in my alliance we get 15,000 + 15,000 = 30,000 points toward the Alliance Gifting rewards. However, if I gift my alliance mate 5 GGC’s out of the kindness of my heart then we only get 15k points. So we actually get double the reward to trade within the alliance
    They reward Gifting. People earn Points for sending Gifts. The exchange is not necessary at all.
    I don’t think people care to understand if it means less rewards. Just leave em be tbh, you’re correct but people only care bout maximizing rewards opposed to the actual event itself.
    Bro…all you have to do to “maximize rewards” is trade with someone in your alliance. It literally takes no extra effort. You’re actually GIVING your alliance mates less if you decide to just randomly gift people.

👏🏻 Make it make sense 👏🏻
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    OGAvenger said:

OGAvenger said:

I mean, we can argue semantics and ulterior motives until the cows come home, but it's a Gifting Event. They don't reward trading, they reward Gifting. Players are doing what Players do, and trying to maximize their payout. Which isn't a fault, it's how people have devised maximum benefit. That doesn't mean it's Kabam's fault when people learn a hard lesson. We see the same thing happen when Alliance Members are trusted prematurely and they boot a bunch of people. It's an in-house issue. It's not a Barter Event. It's a Gifting Event.

They actually 100% reward trading. If I trade 5 GGC’s with someone in my alliance we get 15,000 + 15,000 = 30,000 points toward the Alliance Gifting rewards. However, if I gift my alliance mate 5 GGC’s out of the kindness of my heart then we only get 15k points. So we actually get double the reward to trade within the alliance
    They reward Gifting. People earn Points for sending Gifts. The exchange is not necessary at all.
    I don’t think people care to understand if it means less rewards. Just leave em be tbh, you’re correct but people only care bout maximizing rewards opposed to the actual event itself.
    Bro…all you have to do to “maximize rewards” is trade with someone in your alliance. It literally takes no extra effort. You’re actually GIVING your alliance mates less if you decide to just randomly gift people.

👏🏻 Make it make sense 👏🏻
    We know that. That doesn't mean the intended purpose of the Event is a "trading" Event.
  • Options
    UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★
    OGAvenger said:

The extra points is not due to the trade, it's cause 2 people gifted opposed to 1. If both you and your alliance mate gifted random people out of the kindness of your hearts, you will end up getting the same amount of points.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,303 ★★★★★
    People are trading with goodness in their hearts..lol. Call a rose by any other name, it still smells sweet. People are just arguing about the name. Call it a mutual gifting event, gift exchange, trading or winter of spending - nothing really changes. It’s the same exact event. Helps kabam make money and for people to earn/receive some good rewards.
  • Options

OGAvenger said:

OGAvenger said:

👏🏻 Make it make sense 👏🏻
    We know that. That doesn't mean the intended purpose of the Event is a "trading" Event.
    Rank rewards negate your statements.