**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I get it now.

TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★
I want to preface this with saying I've never had lots of experience with combo retaining champions, due to either their dupe reliance, no safe-nets, and requiring you to play with a tone of carefulness, with the AI being able to deny or screw you over in rampup phase.

But after getting a 1-2 6* Gem (which I highly debated using on Diablo) and using it on my 6* Guillotine 2099, and learning how to use her properly, my opinion changed.

Been running her in AQ alot lately, taking minis and main Bosses with clean solos (sometimes noded even).

And I totally get it know. I finally see the usefulness of combo retaining boost champions, with how impressed I've been with her performance.
Her damage is off the charts ramped up, and has decent safety nets, rewarding skill.

I can safely say G2099 has changed my opinion of her type of champion notion greatly.
Will highly look forward to using her in act 6 and forwards.

Comments

• Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    She’s a really awesome champ, glad you enjoy using her
  • MR_61088MR_61088 Posts: 195 ★★
    I had a a year or so as 6* and never touched her. But during my act exploration i needed her, ranked her up and well now she is my recent r3 tech champ :D
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    She’s my Favorite tech champ :)
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I remember having a debate with you a couple months ago about Guilly! Not that I’d presume I changed your mind, but I’m glad to see it has changed!

She’s a really great champ, so much damage and utility! :)
  • Welcome to the club
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    Happy that you like her! I have mine 6* r2 and I can't really get to her. When I do get my combo, I always miss parry or sth like that and lose it
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Happy that you like her! I have mine 6* r2 and I can't really get to her. When I do get my combo, I always miss parry or sth like that and lose it

This is my only gripe about her. Even having 6 combo shields, unblockable NF sp1 and you lose your combo.

Awesome rank up though!
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★

I remember having a debate with you a couple months ago about Guilly! Not that I’d presume I changed your mind, but I’m glad to see it has changed!

She’s a really great champ, so much damage and utility! :)

@BitterSteel hands on experience can change alot of things. Back then, I didn't have that. Now that I've seen her value first-hand, my opinion has changed.

Although I still believe that without her rampup chance, she's mid demigod 😬
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    My 1st rank 5
    She helped me a lot back then
    Glad you enjoy using her

My 1st rank 5
    She helped me a lot back then
    Glad you enjoy using her

My first r5 was Dr V.
    It was a different time back then.
    not saying he's lost value, he's just not used as much anymore

I'm finding her a good workhorse for fights, not exactly fun to play however. Although due to her kit I'm willing to look past that
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    This is pretty many " i don't like this champ, i don't think she's good" posts
    Lpoo said:

Kerneas said:

This is my only gripe about her. Even having 6 combo shields, unblockable NF sp1 and you lose your combo.

Awesome rank up though!
    Thank you, I'm enjoying her quite a bit at her higher potentials.

Yeah NFs sp1 is a unadverse matchup vs her, but that's simply how it is sometimes. You can't evade everything
    Lpoo said:

Kerneas said:

Awesome rank up though!
    Well, tbf, firstly you’re not really gonna use G2099 for Nick fury very often. Secondly, Nick fury’s sp1 has 8 hits, two of which are easy to dodge and then 6 bullets. So 6 combo shields protect you. You can also evade the first bullet hit or two with dex.

Her combo shields are pretty great, especially in conjunction with her sig even at a low sig level.

Lpoo said:

Kerneas said:

Awesome rank up though!
    Well, tbf, firstly you’re not really gonna use G2099 for Nick fury very often. Secondly, Nick fury’s sp1 has 8 hits, two of which are easy to dodge and then 6 bullets. So 6 combo shields protect you. You can also evade the first bullet hit or two with dex.

Her combo shields are pretty great, especially in conjunction with her sig even at a low sig level.
    Would you say her awakened ability is a must have or just a nice boost?
  • Terra said:

Lpoo said:

Kerneas said:

Awesome rank up though!

Nice boost, but not necessary
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    jdeck59 said:

Map 7 and under = unlimited timeouts and healing. How can you not love it! Glad you figured it out lol

When this champ was launched and MSD got the 6* duped version as a champion gift from NYCC, his demo illustrate how great this champ is especially if it is under the hand of pro players (or immediately lost her shine under some YouTubers). I have no luck to have her 6*/5* until Act 7.1 and got them both. She has a good balance of immunity damage and power control, and become god after 100 combo.
    Terra said:

Lpoo said:

Kerneas said:

Awesome rank up though!

Yeah what @GinjabredMonsta said. She can absolutely be used unduped, she just gets more safety with her combo shield passive which is on a timer rather than a stack (which with the stacks, increases the chance of it triggering to save you for each stack)

The damage cap is also surprisingly not talked about, while you have a combo shield you cap damage at 10% max health, excluding sp3. Which is better than Odin’s pre fight of 15%. I don’t know, it’s just something neat that could save you in high content.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I still don’t like guillotine 2099 for other reasons than her rank up but I will say she’s very useful in some places, so I do have my 5* at r4 and occasionally use her. Great to see you finding out you like a champion who you didn’t expect to.
  • spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★
    I used to use her in AQ as 6 rank 3, she is incredible for bosses. Who cares what nodes they have when they die in 50 or 60 hits?

I used to use her in AQ as 6 rank 3, she is incredible for bosses. Who cares what nodes they have when they die in 50 or 60 hits?

I've been using her in map 5, taking 90k Thanos bosses, missed parries hurt, but her damage is nuts.
    She's changed my opinion on her champion type alot.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Yay another Guillotine 2099 appreciator ^_^