**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ok, I'm going to just say it now....

gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
edited February 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
For the first time in my 5 years of playing this game, I'm going to say something I never thought I would ever say....
There are too many characters in this game.
Let me clarify; there are too many characters, and not enough ways to get the ones you want/need. Case in point, and I'm certain many of you are in a similar boat with ________champion(s), I've been chasing apocalypse since he was released. I have (as of 5 minutes ago) opened over 50 dual class crystals chasing the one character, and still nothing. With over 200 champions in the game, it's entirely possible that you could chase a certain champion for the life of the game and NEVER pull them.
So I'll ask this again, no doubt in vain, Don't you think it's time we revisit the topics of dual class 6 star and wish crystals?
Obviously this is strictly a player's discussion, as Kabam refuses to address this.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,758 ★★★★★
    Apoc is not appearing in basic arena (based on "known" schedule till first week June). Maybe there will be "featured" Cavalier or GM crystals sale. Since I don't use units to spin crystals, dual crystal is the only method, unfortunately.
  • Midias12Midias12 Posts: 71
    I feel you I got 138 6* champs before I finally pulled mole man and I still don't have as a 5*
  • CirrusCirrus Posts: 87

For the first time in my 5 years of playing this game, I'm going to say something I never thought I would ever say....
    Let me clarify; there are too many characters, and not enough ways to get the ones you want/need. Case in point, and I'm certain many of you are in a similar boat with ________champion(s), I've been chasing apocalypse since he was released. I have (as of 5 minutes ago) opened over 50 dual class crystals chasing the one character, and still nothing. With over 200 champions in the game, it's entirely possible that you could chase a certain champion for the life of the game and NEVER pull them.
    So I'll ask this again, no doubt in vain, Don't you think it's time we revisit the topics of dual class 6 star and wish crystals?
    Obviously this is strictly a player's discussion, as Kabam refuses to address this.

Arena? .. if you want a champ enough grind for one
    OGAvenger said:

Cirrus said:

Arena? .. if you want a champ enough grind for one
    Worst tip/suggestion on this entire forum…
    Whys that ?
    edited February 2022
    Never said i didn't agree with post just saying if you want a champ that bad try and grind for one
  • NemeschyNemeschy Posts: 53
    For me, I have more of a problem with rank up mats.. I feel like I have been fairly lucky with pulls.. There are only >10 champs that I am actively hunting as a 6* at this point. I do spend, on the holidays, and on the really good daily cards like this past month.. I also grind the arena for all the milestones as often as I can. Just turns out that Catalysts are my roadblock more than anything.

I do have an alt account that I do not spend a penny on. There I have the exact opposite problem. Catalysts in the overflow/expiring and no good champs or no gold to use them. So one way or another Kabam is going to starve you of something.
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,399 ★★★★★

No there will never be too many champs in the game until Zemo is added
  • Felix33Felix33 Posts: 47
    I know your pain. I have been playing this game more than 6 years and best Magneto I've had was a 3*.

After his buff, he became such a crucial champion to have, I was losing my mind with every dual crystal. It especially gets frustrating when he can solo more than half of act 7 bosses and you keep seeing "Magneto 15 hit solo" videos online.

I finally got him from an Incursion Crystal. They changed the crystals a bit recently and I didn't see anything I liked so I am not sure if that was a good change or bad one but, they are the closest we can get to a wish crystal with a 1/8 chance. But they are not that accessible, limited in number and change almost every 3 months. (And with my progression unless it is another beyond god tier I am fishing, I am gonna go for 2k 6*)

I genuinely think Incursions are one the best content in the game. I quit my alliance, I might quit the game soon but, I might always open the game for an hour to play with my friends.

I think rewards are great (i.e. 5-6* and incursion shards) but an update to the store would be great.
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 312 ★★★
    Since they'll never let go of everything being rng decided always and forever at the very least dual class needs to go in favor of just class crystals. As you've said, targeting champs is basically not a thing and for newer accounts targeting iso is all but impossible. Class crystals takes a step in the right direction towards addressing both. Wish crystals are nothing more than a wish at this point and even class crystals have lower odds at a specific champ than featured crystals do and those things are the bane of my mcoc existence. So kabam can keep players eternally chasing what they'll never attain and still throw us a bone by making the odds slightly more in our favor.
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★

I love the disagrees with no explanation. I can't help but wonder how anyone who plays this game could disagree with pro-player suggestions like this. Trolls gonna troll I guess.

Ever heard of The Emperor’s New Clothes? I often think about that story when I visit forums and comment sections. People will agree with square circles and disagree with round circles, therefore I wouldn’t pay it any attention.

• TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    edited February 2022
    Mauled said:

At this stage I think that 5 and 6* crystals should be nexuses pretty much a standard. Ultimately that just means you’ve got a 3/200 chance of pulling an individual champion which isn’t really game changing as those aren’t exactly high odds. It would however give a little bit more control. Since I’ve started playing the game the pullable champions has increased by almost 100, effectively halving my odds of pulling a specific champion.

Would love to have / see a Dual Class Nexus Crystals

Edit: Or more of the Year Crystals -
    I wouldnt mind paying the same amount of shards as featured for this to give us a better chance of hunting specific champs.
    For obvious moneytary reasons, they can exclude maybe the last 2/3 years for the selection (1 crystal each for 2015, 16, 17, 18 and 2019 based on current date)
    Zeraphan said:

For the average player grinding the arena isn't going to get them a 6* champ. Between the bots, mercs, and people who don't mind whaling on refreshes the arenas aren't average/casual friendly. I threw everything I had a couple months ago at the Warlock arena, which included something like 43 full 6* teams, and used a few hundred units on refreshes as well. My score ended up being like 2/3 of what was needed to get Warlock.

Yes I agree , would be nice to see the champions at certain milestones 5* 40m 6* 80m ?? , and the rank rewards will be similar but would be a rank up gem instead of the champ . 5 * are considerably alot easier to win from arena . As most have been saying they have had no luck in duel crystals i presumed they were looking for 5* version ..
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Yes this is an obvious issue that anyone could have seen coming from the inception of the game. Dual Crystals are a big help. The new Incursion Crystals I'm sure are helpful for progressing players as well as they target a specific problem that can be solved by a pool of champions. I don't think they ever have to make it super easy to get a single specific champion, but it needs to be easier than a 1/70~ (and getting worse) chance.

I think there need to be more opportunities to use crystals shards for more compact groups of champions. Maybe add a yearly crystal that they rotate through each day as well in addition to the dual class ones. Segregating by year is nice as the odds of getting who you're looking for don't get worse over time.

Adding more Nexuses would obviously be nice but that has a more significant effect on the quality of champs you are on average going to pull overall which is different than just making it easier to get someone in particular.
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,107 ★★★★★
    Cirrus said:

Zeraphan said:

For the average player grinding the arena isn't going to get them a 6* champ. Between the bots, mercs, and people who don't mind whaling on refreshes the arenas aren't average/casual friendly. I threw everything I had a couple months ago at the Warlock arena, which included something like 43 full 6* teams, and used a few hundred units on refreshes as well. My score ended up being like 2/3 of what was needed to get Warlock.

Yes I agree , would be nice to see the champions at certain milestones 5* 40m 6* 80m ?? , and the rank rewards will be similar but would be a rank up gem instead of the champ . 5 * are considerably alot easier to win from arena . As most have been saying they have had no luck in duel crystals i presumed they were looking for 5* version ..
    Easier than the 6* but still not easy. For the majority of players you’re still devoting 3 days of your life to this soul sucking game mode. Arena is easily the most boring game mode just barely topping AQ and again the majority of players can’t devote 3 straight days of their life to grinding arena. And so help me LAWD if I put in all that work to grind for a champ and I come in 501st place, I’d absolutely lose all my marbles.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    OGAvenger said:

Cirrus said:

Zeraphan said:

Easier than the 6* but still not easy. For the majority of players you’re still devoting 3 days of your life to this soul sucking game mode. Arena is easily the most boring game mode just barely topping AQ and again the majority of players can’t devote 3 straight days of their life to grinding arena. And so help me LAWD if I put in all that work to grind for a champ and I come in 501st place, I’d absolutely lose all my marbles.
    Who says the majority of people are supposed to have all the Champs?