**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Howard the duck prefight

Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
edited March 2022 in General Discussion
Hey @Kabam Miike can you just simply remove HTD's prefight and put it in his base kit as passive? The prefight is essential for him in every fight and it is tiring to have to activate it everytime and sometimes if you forget to turn it on you lose alot of benefits. It'll be a great QOL change for the HTD players.

Comments

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022
    Uhm he doesn’t need that in his kit lol. Just tap your screen and you’ll get all the benefits
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022
    Just rank 3’d my Howard and prefer one million times over that it isn’t on automatically. He gets more value without it. (Also fun spamming)
  • Just rank 3’d my Howard and prefer one million times over that it isn’t on automatically. He gets more value without it. (Also fun spamming)

How does ge get more value without the prefight?
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★

Just rank 3’d my Howard and prefer one million times over that it isn’t on automatically. He gets more value without it. (Also fun spamming)

How does ge get more value without the prefight?
    If you manually tap quick enough, it slightly outpaces the pre-fight.

I like that the option is there, but I would much rather play Howard manually.
  • Interesting, I guess my quick trigger ain't as quick as it once was
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    I also wouldn't mind a swap. I don't really mind tapping the screen but it does feel like it should be an opt-in playstyle rather than an opt-out.

If Kabam were to make any such changes, I would also like to see them make the manual tapping a bit more forgiving. I'm not saying that they should increase the number of buffs/debuffs that activate, just that it's a little easier to get there in order to make the tapping a bit more worthwhile. As it is right now, my tapping (no matter how hard I try) never leads me to more effects than the automatic system does, which makes it feel a bit redundant. As such, I usually just turn the tapping off. However, that makes the opt-out system a bit annoying.
    Nah his spam playstyle is what makes him unlike any other champ in the game. When spamming it isn’t even a slight difference, it’s 2-4 more effects placed per spam cycle.

It’s fun and wonky so I wouldn’t change it.

Tough I do wish for characters like Howard, Stealth, and G99. That when switching modes that becomes the new default persistent over the quest. So you’d only had to press the button once or twice instead of every fight.
    Here’s a follow up of Howard the Duck fighting winter soldier with and without auto-fight. Ignore me playing bad I just hopped on and wanted to post the first test.

Howard the Duck with Pre-fight
    https://youtu.be/Daqmfcr9ijc

Howard the Duck without Pre-fight
    https://youtu.be/YeedfwqEVmY

The biggest differences are to his armor ups, his suppression’s (from 3 to 7!!) and his fury’s. It surprises me that the armor break debuffs were stack very similarly regardless of his mode.

Also wanna note that you could spam harder and get even more value. (I’ve gotten 9 armor ups, and 8 suppression’s before).
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    If they want to keep things as is with the pre-fight ability, maybe they could at least change it to whenever you are auto fighting a quest, it automatically is active
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 964 ★★★
    I've wished that it was built into his kit as well. Forget to turn it on sometimes. If it has to be there, would be nice if auto masher was default and manual could be the pre-fight toggle.

Here’s a follow up of Howard the Duck fighting winter soldier with and without auto-fight. Ignore me playing bad I just hopped on and wanted to post the first test.

The biggest differences are to his armor ups, his suppression’s (from 3 to 7!!) and his fury’s. It surprises me that the armor break debuffs were stack very similarly regardless of his mode.

Also wanna note that you could spam harder and get even more value. (I’ve gotten 9 armor ups, and 8 suppression’s before).

I tried this as well. Did 6 fights. 3 manual, 3 auto mash. The difference seemed kinda negligible IMO. Fights took an additional 3-10 hits when auto mash was selected.
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    @Karatemike415 plays him without prefight. Some people like it
  • The optimal solution, imo, is to give him a persistent charge mechanic so that once you activate the pre-fight it stays on until you toggle it off.
    phil56201 said:

I've wished that it was built into his kit as well. Forget to turn it on sometimes. If it has to be there, would be nice if auto masher was default and manual could be the pre-fight toggle.

I tried this as well. Did 6 fights. 3 manual, 3 auto mash. The difference seemed kinda negligible IMO. Fights took an additional 3-10 hits when auto mash was selected.
    The biggest change I noticed was his power control. With no auto mash he was able to prevent winter soldier from ever getting to an sp2.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I only use his manual tapping so I prefer the prefight to be automatic
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    My issue is that now I try to tap the screen during Hyperion heavy punches for furies too. :D