What are some dislikable things about really good champs?

Comments

• PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,345 Guardian
    I personally don't enjoy playing void because it is boring for me to throw a million sp1s and watch the enemy slowly tick down to DoT.

The other is that quake isn't a 6*, I just want someone to use my r4 science gem on 🤣
  • solopolosolopolo Member Posts: 883 ★★★

With champs like stealth spidey where you have to pick the mode each fight instead of once a quest to set as the new default.

Thanks for reminding me how many times I had to restart this last Cav quest for forgetting to activate his pre-fight on Mix Master nodes and dying for it.
  • Sammy0421HSammy0421H Member Posts: 92
    Devanor said:

I love Stryfe only thing I hate about him is the glancing he gets when being struck, because he losses most of his charges.

Bruh, I couldn’t agree more
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,547 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022
    Cmm is highly vulnerable to energy damage, mystic champs.
    Nick fury is good but bad for Medusa 6.3.1 because if by chance u use his second life in entire quest u won't be able to activate fury buff in final boss fight.
    Unduped aegon is certainly useless
    Apocalypse does 0 damage sp3 in mutant cav quest
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,339 ★★★★★
    That ghost (without wasp) is super dependent on the AI.

There’s times where you’ll wait a significant amount of time before dashing back for the phase sp2 but the AI will just turtle up and hold block, leaving you open to eat a combo.
  • solopolosolopolo Member Posts: 883 ★★★
    Oh, another one.

The fact that Voodoo can be particularly ineffective against a lot of champions he has class advantage against, due to so many cosmic champions being poison immune, as well as Angela just being Angela.
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,894 ★★★★★
    Aburaees said:

On the contrary, I’d prefer him to be more balanced. Take some of that SP3 damage and share it with the rest of his move set 😉

I mean, that's basically White Magneto in a nutshell.

As for the question at hand, I would have to say that I really dislike Guillotine 2099's need to end every fight with an SP3 to be super annoying. I just don't like that at all. Not only do I not like that mechanic in theory; in practice, I also find it frustrating to plan out her power usage due to the fact that her damage increases with every hit. Obviously that damage increase is awesome in and of itself, but it can make it difficult to plan ahead. I don't know how many times I've accidentally killed the opponent before reaching my SP3 because I thought that he had enough health for me to get there.

I also really dislike Starky's ramp-up. It would be fine if he wasn't constantly removing his charges by placing a short taunt, but he does. I know you can idle for a bit to refresh it but I just find that to be a really boring playstyle. It feels like you're spending more time dodging attacks and standing still than attacking the opponent, and that has never worked for me.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Member Posts: 2,294 ★★★★★
    Herc
    Ercarret said:

Aburaees said:

On the contrary, I’d prefer him to be more balanced. Take some of that SP3 damage and share it with the rest of his move set 😉

As for the question at hand, I would have to say that I really dislike Guillotine 2099's need to end every fight with an SP3 to be super annoying. I just don't like that at all. Not only do I not like that mechanic in theory; in practice, I also find it frustrating to plan out her power usage due to the fact that her damage increases with every hit. Obviously that damage increase is awesome in and of itself, but it can make it difficult to plan ahead. I don't know how many times I've accidentally killed the opponent before reaching my SP3 because I thought that he had enough health for me to get there.

I also really dislike Starky's ramp-up. It would be fine if he wasn't constantly removing his charges by placing a short taunt, but he does. I know you can idle for a bit to refresh it but I just find that to be a really boring playstyle. It feels like you're spending more time dodging attacks and standing still than attacking the opponent, and that has never worked for me.
    Since this thread is about personal opinion what person find unlikeable in champ, I won't be saying much but one thing G2099 don't need to end each fight with sp3 unless next fight is boss with 200k+ Hp pool.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Member Posts: 2,144 ★★★★
    1. HBs heavy reach
    2. Morningstar short and jerky dash back
    3. All champs with double hit first medium (stealth, domino)
    4. Even worse, all champs with double hit final medium (Roblin's makes me hate him)
    5. Morningstar soul counter with suicides after sp3
    6. Champs that rely on intercepts but don't have infuriate (ronin)
    7. Mojo and Cull's block proficiency
    8. Mr f's heavy reach and pushback @Hazzalec 8. Hood not having knockdown bullet refresh in his base kit
    9. Hood needing to dash back twice to activate invisibility
    10. Meph having no repeat power drain ability or nullify full stop
    11. Thor rags animations and immediate shock locked behind an obscure synergy partner or sp3
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,894 ★★★★★

Herc

Ercarret said:

Aburaees said:

Since this thread is about personal opinion what person find unlikeable in champ, I won't be saying much but one thing G2099 don't need to end each fight with sp3 unless next fight is boss with 200k+ Hp pool.
    I don't really understand this. If you don't end with an SP3, you lose all progress and have to begin the ramp-up from scratch next fight. Yeah, she can be played that way but I find it quite boring. She's not unduped Aegon unplayable by any means but it always feels like I'm playing her at a suboptimal potential the next fight if I don't end the previous one with an SP3 and keep those 100 hits in the combo meter.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Member Posts: 2,294 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

Herc

Ercarret said:

Aburaees said:

I don't really understand this. If you don't end with an SP3, you lose all progress and have to begin the ramp-up from scratch next fight. Yeah, she can be played that way but I find it quite boring. She's not unduped Aegon unplayable by any means but it always feels like I'm playing her at a suboptimal potential the next fight if I don't end the previous one with an SP3 and keep those 100 hits in the combo meter.
    I get it what you are saying, but that's partially true. She don't dish out the damage like she do after 100 hits. But even unramped or before 100 hits, her damage is quite respectable. I have taken down minis many time un ramped up in map6. Even boss too (when apoc was boss). I rarely bother to ramp her up in map 7/8. Fights finish in more time when compared to ramped up phase.
    But this also due to the fact people don't try to rank her up. Iike many wouldn't even r3 her, so it's natural she will be felt as little slow as compared to others. She's very sustainable champ in every phase. Only major difference is seen when you fight a boss or any opponent over 200k. Then yes ramped is best option. And if opponent is 100k+ hp , she can finish fight with another sp3 too.
    But again it's your prefence and choice. I used to think same when I got her. But playing her in every type of content made me realize, that ain't true at all.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Member Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

Herc

Ercarret said:

Aburaees said:

I used my r3 in act 7 without suicides, and I agree. It's much, much better to have the combo. Basically it comes down to the healthpool of the opponent
  • Noise72Noise72 Member Posts: 337 ★★★
    Nimrod's heavy attack literally does nothing.
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Member Posts: 805 ★★★
    Des99 said:

ultron's evade that triggers even when you try to parry

On total opposite spectrum here, trying to get his evade but usually does not happen cuz when evade is on opponent not attacking
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Member Posts: 774 ★★★
    AI going super passive/defensive when playing ghost.
  • RicoShayRicoShay Member Posts: 228 ★★
    Mr Negative's near dependence on the evade to convert charges and some nodes or matchups making it hard to convert and get his damage out. If he had a true evade or miss through a synergy it'd make him more usable in these matchups but I guess for now I can't use him on some nodes
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Member Posts: 1,936 ★★★★★
    RicoShay said:

Mr Negative's near dependence on the evade to convert charges and some nodes or matchups making it hard to convert and get his damage out. If he had a true evade or miss through a synergy it'd make him more usable in these matchups but I guess for now I can't use him on some nodes

Yeah if they can make Peni’s Auto Block uncountable then idk why Mr. Negatives evade can’t especially when it’s nearly never used on defense
  • RicoShayRicoShay Member Posts: 228 ★★

RicoShay said:

Yeah if they can make Peni’s Auto Block uncountable then idk why Mr. Negatives evade can’t especially when it’s nearly never used on defense
    The worst was when we had high ground in war. Mr negative got caught in the crossfire
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Member Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Hazzalec said:

Mole man and Reed’s heavy reach. They both need to refresh effects via it, both are pretty important to their overall rotation. Mole man to keep up frenzy and reed to keep up & stack his pre fight debuffs

Particularly MoleMan for this. I can understand not allowing champs that can manipulate combat power rate and power gain to have the ability to constantly spam heavy in the corner and basically cheese the fight but MoleMan doesn't have any ability to do that. Would it really be broken to let him land 2 or 3 heavies in a row if you've successfully set up an opportunity to do so? I used him for Superior Kang and it was so annoying having to Medium then Heavy in the corner to ramp him up when he was literally stunned.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Member Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    I don't know if this necessarily relates to the topic exactly but there are a number of champs that have a heavy animation that changes the longer you hold the heavy before releasing. Silver Surfer and Nova are two examples where it definitely looks like they are charging up an energy based attack. However, the longer you hold their heavy has no effect associated with doing so. having a slight damage boost would go a long way and in all fairness this mechanic could probably be introduced at a game wide level to all champions. Slightly disappointing imo.
  • AldacAldac Member Posts: 478 ★★★
    Moleman’s heavy has an appallingly short reach. He’s otherwise amazing but it puts me off playing him.

Same with Hulkbuster.

• RasiloverRasilover Member Posts: 1,473 ★★★★
    edited April 2022
    Dexterity triggers CGR’s precision judgement and his sp2 does very little damage without the precision judgement
    Rasilover said:

Dexterity triggers CGR’s precision judgement and his sp2 does very little damage without the precision judgement

It certainly screws me up a lot, if you accidentally dex, try going for the full damage rotation instead, basically a second chance
  • L0TUS_MANTISL0TUS_MANTIS Member Posts: 221 ★★
    The lower drop rates

The lower drop rates

That certainly makes some characters impossible to play
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Member Posts: 2,288 ★★★★★
    Hercules man bun
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,966 ★★★★★
    That 5* scarlet witch is not destroying content like she was alleged to be capable of.
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,328 ★★★★★
    AA’s neurotoxin stuns… just… so… irritating…