**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Will 5* get the 4* treatment in Act 8?

Do we think Kabam will ban 5*s champs in Act 8? I have a hunch they're about to get the same treatment that 4*s got when Act 6 rolled around.

No I don't think they should be banned, but maybe instead of banning them we get penalized for using them like in some variants. Hero or Villain variants do it right penalizing the other type of champs, but not banning them for synergy purposes.

Thoughts??

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I don’t see it happening
  • LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★
    I HOPE NOT
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Doubtful.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    edited April 2022
    it doesn't matter anyway. I hardly can imagine which 5* champ you really need for act 8 even for synergy.

Most endgame players have at least close to 120 6* nowadays not even talking about the time when it's released.
  • Knowing kabam the only thing we can be sure of is 'nothing'.
  • BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 290 ★★★
    Nah there's no way its gonna happen. Kabam has committed to NOT making story content endgame. I'm almost done with 100% Act 7 and I only have 60 6*'s, but there are people at the same point as me in terms of story progression that have almost every 6*. Making Act 8 restrictive like Act 6 would be against all the changes Kabam has made in the past year to Story Content as they have tried to make story content more approachable to midgame players like myself.
  • DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★
    if they do that, 7* must be introduced soon, and I don't think we gonna see them for at least 4-5 years, so no, there will be no ban for 5*, I assume
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,168 ★★★★★

I'd be all for it personally but I can't see them doing it.

Yead your account also for it mine wil be to but it the only way to slow down progress so if there’s so there do so but could be done like variations like 5 star have 100 procen hp losing over time so can be use as syngere.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    I don't think so.....4* got that treatment much after we were already using 5* R5
    At time of Act 8 release, even 6* R4 won't be that much common
    The difference between 5* R5 & 6* R3 is not as significant as it was between 4* R5 & 5* R5
    With all the calculations, it won't make sense to take that step even if Kabam decides to ignore all the backlash they got for it the last time
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,654 Guardian

Act 8 isn't going to mean 7*, it's going to mean 6* R5.

In all fairness, act 5.4 meant r5 5*s, and that was also when 6*s came to the game.
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★

Do we think Kabam will ban 5*s champs in Act 8? I have a hunch they're about to get the same treatment that 4*s got when Act 6 rolled around.

No I don't think they should be banned, but maybe instead of banning them we get penalized for using them like in some variants. Hero or Villain variants do it right penalizing the other type of champs, but not banning them for synergy purposes.

Thoughts??

Maybe in act 9? But 8 is still too soon
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    We’ll know soon but I doubt it highly. That would piss off way too many players.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,749 ★★★★★
    I don't see them banning 5*s outright. I think that would be a terrible idea. I have just over two dozen 6* champs ranked up above r1, with most of them at r2/equivalent to max-rank 5*s. If you remove all of my 5*s, my pool of champions would be fairly small.

If you don't go in hard on AQ and AW, story content (and to some extent EQ and SQ) is where you're gaining resources to rank up champions. If you lock away most of the champions that people have ranked up over the years from the content that's meant to give you the resources to progress your account, chances are that a lot of people will struggle hard.

Do I think that Kabam will keep designing its story content in such a way that it'll be more beneficial to rank up and bring in 6* champions? Yes, absolutely. And that's perfectly okay. I'm fine with a carrot; less so with a stick.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    Act 7 was clearly a move away from banning lower stars. Instead they boosted attack of 6*s.
    It would be foolish to reverse pivot back to a move players despised.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    GOTG said:

it doesn't matter anyway. I hardly can imagine which 5* champ you really need for act 8 even for synergy.

Most endgame players have at least close to 120 6* nowadays not even talking about the time when it's released.

I`m of to cry in a corner with my ~80 6 star champs and only a handful of quests left to do in act 7. :'(
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    I didn't use 1 5* in act 7 so if they ban them for act 8 big deal.