My thoughts on battlegrounds.

2»

Comments

• Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    RakeYoung said:

AMS94 said:

RakeYoung said:

just a note ... i've seen wins against safe guard with people who have zero DOT ability and the fight is over in like 15 seconds.

I can only imagine peoples faces when i beat Thing using DDHK in 30 seconds.

a combo of 16+ DDHK has -65% DAAR and basically ignores Safeguard and Things rock stacks.
    But that damage without bleeds still might not be enough to take down Things under 30 seconds
    I haven't seen Falcon getting under 30 sec kills so I expect a similar if not slightly lower performance from DDHK
    then you are one of the folks that vastly underestimates DDHK, granted i have an r3 6*, but once you get a few cruelty's in with some fury's and get lucky with an sp2 crit, its about 30k damage.
    Yeah I get that it's 30k damage, but the defender will have over 100k health, may be even more in case of a Thing
    With basic hits hitting for 7k-10k after rampup I still don't think it'll be under 30 sec
    May be 35-40 but 30 seems a bit much
  • Options
    RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 473 ★★★
    AMS94 said:

RakeYoung said:

AMS94 said:

RakeYoung said:

just a note ... i've seen wins against safe guard with people who have zero DOT ability and the fight is over in like 15 seconds.

I can only imagine peoples faces when i beat Thing using DDHK in 30 seconds.

a combo of 16+ DDHK has -65% DAAR and basically ignores Safeguard and Things rock stacks.
    But that damage without bleeds still might not be enough to take down Things under 30 seconds
    I haven't seen Falcon getting under 30 sec kills so I expect a similar if not slightly lower performance from DDHK
    then you are one of the folks that vastly underestimates DDHK, granted i have an r3 6*, but once you get a few cruelty's in with some fury's and get lucky with an sp2 crit, its about 30k damage.
    Yeah I get that it's 30k damage, but the defender will have over 100k health, may be even more in case of a Thing
    With basic hits hitting for 7k-10k after rampup I still don't think it'll be under 30 sec
    May be 35-40 but 30 seems a bit much
    thats fair, maybe i'm misremembering exactly how long the fight lasts, but in either case, i usually end up finishing first whenever i fight thing and i'm noticing folks starting to ban Thing, i'm guessing cause they dont want to fight him for fear of timing out.
  • Options
    Thing is on my insta ban list. Don't like playing against him in the wild and sure as heck not about to play against him in BG
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★

Thing is on my insta ban list. Don't like playing against him in the wild and sure as heck not about to play against him in BG

Same.
    My ban list atm is Nick, AA (he's braindead to use, parry-heavy win hehe), and Thing.
    Although G2099 is starting to tick me off so she might swap someone out.
    A common defender is Apoc, but I have no issue with him.
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 868 ★★★★
    Beewee said:

I like the game mode. Hate safeguard as a node for it though

I kind of like safeguard node, I think it even gives some smaller accounts a chance of beating big accounts with good strategy. A r1 Masacre has a shot beating someone that brings a r3 CGR on attack. I do like possible twists and turns that can come out of this. If every node allows for a full blast of sp2 or 3 to K.O an opponent it won’t be fun and balance imo. This is not the round for big yellow numbers, it’s time for the right numbers. I’m okay with them stretching our knowledge and strategies.
  • Options
    Terra said:

Same.
    My ban list atm is Nick, AA (he's braindead to use, parry-heavy win hehe), and Thing.
    Oh for sure. Right now it's Korg, thing, apoc and Nick. G99 with safeguard is proving annoying at times but I've been using her as an attacker. May need to change it up
  • Options
    edited April 2022

Terra said:

Same.
    Oh for sure. Right now it's Korg, thing, apoc and Nick. G99 with safeguard is proving annoying at times but I've been using her as an attacker. May need to change it up
    Yeah. Plus, G99s sp1 timing is throwing me off, the second sword hit always clips me, and her armor plus miss cloak is annoying.

Korg has been relatively easy for me, I've been getting better at light intercept timing. Still hate his sp1
  • Options
    UnobtainiumClawsUnobtainiumClaws Posts: 200 ★★
    Terra said:

Bulmkt said:

I personally think Battle Grounds is rubbish. It’s boring, the rewards for the time spent are garbage. It’s full of players who cheat (how else does one lose a fight inside 15 seconds?) and the game mode drops out randomly.

I’d honestly like to delete the battle grounds option, along with incursions to save space on my iPad.

Legit 15-17 second battles exist btw. It's just rare.

Gotta compare with the combo count for seeing legitness.
    Had a 16 seconds fight yesterday. I went up against a Gwenpool with Suicides. My R3 AA did 3-4 heavies and that was it.
  • Options

Terra said:

Bulmkt said:

I personally think Battle Grounds is rubbish. It’s boring, the rewards for the time spent are garbage. It’s full of players who cheat (how else does one lose a fight inside 15 seconds?) and the game mode drops out randomly.

I’d honestly like to delete the battle grounds option, along with incursions to save space on my iPad.

Legit 15-17 second battles exist btw. It's just rare.

Gotta compare with the combo count for seeing legitness.
    Had a 16 seconds fight yesterday. I went up against a Gwenpool with Suicides. My R3 AA did 3-4 heavies and that was it.
    AA is such a cheat code for this BG, I ban on sight.
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I've done about 20 matches. 1 was "suspect".

generally enjoyable, decent pace. A few times the first pick timer felt a bit short (maybe it was me remember I had to scroll down to find all 7 of my draftees) / had my first defender picked for me... and had 1 connection issue... but compared to issues going on in other areas of the game, very fun... and with a carrot like 5K 6 star shards, also feels worth doing.

If rankings become competitive... and "top 1% get R4 mats"... there will be problems until cheating can be cut down further.... but if this is treated like incursions 2.0, I would love this.
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 774 ★★★
    To all you cheaters... let me ask this: Why for this? I see decently progressed accounts running the cheat... for what gain? I mean if you cheat at AW, I supposed there are potential benefits... but unless you are also doing a beta to test your cheating software for when it "really counts"... Why? Is it worth a ban on an account you invested in... or are you just getting some early content units, and then don't care about throwing it away?

Feel free to create a burner account to answer / not trying to sniff out... genuinely curious about your motivations in this case.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,754 ★★★★★
    Made top 250 in my region then promptly went downhill, a mixture of drinking and impatient attack of the milestone.

I have a screenshot, that will annoy my alliance teammates.