Options

No Dr Strange Buff 😑

2Β»

Comments

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,795 Guardian
    Crine60 said:

Dr Strange needs a buff, but it's not as simple as reverting him to pre-12.0. It was announced well in advance that Storm would be the buff this month, and Strange taking Mordo's Value Update spot wasn't going to be enough.

Keep in mind the only Buffs so far that have coincided with the release of movies or shows have been coincidences. We haven't planned them out based on big releases because we need to treat them differently and prioritize them based on the work that will be needed and what resources are available, though I would like to change this in the future.

I don't understand this statement because if you can plan out the release of new champions for MCU movies/shows why can't you do the same for a buff like this? If you really can't return him to what was (with maybe a few tweaks to actually improve him based on the new state of champions and nodes) and have to do a complete rework then why couldn't he just be treated as a new champion that is timed with release of the MCU content like all the other tie in champs (NOT saying release a new version that is good again and leave him as garbage, just saying do the complete rework on the existing version as we have been asking for for years)?
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the team that does buffs is not the team that makes new champions. Those champions have been planned out for probably more than a year. Kabam walked us through the process of how they made herc and that took a long time. They probably have their own list of underperforming champions that they are working on and Strange is just further down that list. Be patient, a buff for Strange will eventually come.
  • Options
    PowerOfACandlePowerOfACandle Posts: 334 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    A new Dr Strange would be good. The current Dr. Strange looks very dull.
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I hope when Dr. Strange gets a buff it will be an absolutely good one as he currently is only good thing he has is his counterspell and synergies. As he is now he is weak.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,427 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Dr Strange needs a buff, but it's not as simple as reverting him to pre-12.0. It was announced well in advance that Storm would be the buff this month, and Strange taking Mordo's Value Update spot wasn't going to be enough.

Keep in mind the only Buffs so far that have coincided with the release of movies or shows have been coincidences. We haven't planned them out based on big releases because we need to treat them differently and prioritize them based on the work that will be needed and what resources are available, though I would like to change this in the future.

You guys also announced Dpx is his buff coming in june?
  • Options
    Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    #JUSTICE4STEPHEN12.0. Let’s get it trending lol
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,047 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited April 2022

A new Dr Strange would be good. The current Dr. Strange looks very dull.

Creating a new version of a old champ isnt a favorable way to go, and it's boring. Lazy even
    Only benefits of it is giving Kabam more crystal sales.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,427 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    What happened to marvel now dr strange that was in the game files?? πŸ€”
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,047 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

What happened to marvel now dr strange that was in the game files?? πŸ€”

I think he'll remain similar to Jessica Jones.
    Shame, since his design is awesome

• Options
    DarthVadidDarthVadid Posts: 395 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    He doesn’t need much. Prowess and Utility would be great for him. I hope Kabam reaches out to people who use him before buffing him. No Hood Or Guillotine situation please.
    https://youtu.be/KQeZZG3Pm9k
  • Options
    DarthVadidDarthVadid Posts: 395 β˜…β˜…β˜…

Good to know your thinking about it. The reason people are hot about this is because you NERFED him so hard 12.0. It’s a sore spot that players won’t forget. You could do so much for the community trust if you buffed him and Thor to the top of the game. I have DS @R3 sig 200 I still love him and play him especially Cavalier difficulty. It’s way pat time for Dr. Strange to return to glory. I pray he gets the magneto treatment.
  • Options
    Ely_20Ely_20 Posts: 83 β˜…
    I hope the Doctor Strange buff can come this year. He was my first rank 3 champion that I took to sig 200 from summer of pain rewards, and use him daily just because he’s enjoyable to play. Like @DarthVadid said, I really hope he gets the Magneto treatment and becomes a top mystic champion. All the best Kabam with his eventual buff.