**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Controls fixed, no more weekly compensation?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Deder80Deder80 Posts: 644 ★★★
    Mauled said:

I didn’t want to turn the beta system on mid-season so I didn’t, I’ve got used to the ‘bugged’ game now. When the beta got put on automatically with the hotfix the game has felt a lot more jerky and less consistent. I’m doing an AoL carina and have gone from Quake smacking me about like a child to being able to virtually solo her - and that was due to my mistake, not bad inputs.

Until this new system is stable, and definitely working an opt out needs to be in place and frankly weekly compensation should stay too.

I can agree… the controls are very inconsistent. I’m really hoping they get it fixed. I have not opted out so they can collect the data of all the inconsistencies. I hope my sacrifice is worth it haha
  • Options
    KyriosRaisKyriosRais Posts: 65
    even after new update, my iphone now starting to lose timing on parry. so many times in battleground and quest my parry timing is always late. So what kind of thing is fixed? i can tolerate this if i play on android, but i recently experience frequent parry problems on IOS after a new update. really dissapointed
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Therein lies the problem with long-term Compensation. The expectation of more grows.
  • Options
    They have been looking at very specific issues for months. Not all issues overall. That point has been made by them. No one is saying there aren't problems, but you can't keep the game in a continuous state of Compensation indefinitely. At least not in my opinion.
  • Options
    The Parry/Dex issues they were working on were a very specific set of issues they were addressing as the result of changing to a new system. As was stated back then, there are still other issues that need to be identified and worked on, and it's been repeated now. Hence the suggestion they made to report them in the proper fashion. This wasn't about any and all issues encountered with inputs.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★

They have been looking at very specific issues for months. Not all issues overall. That point has been made by them. No one is saying there aren't problems, but you can't keep the game in a continuous state of Compensation indefinitely. At least not in my opinion.

First time I'll agree with this relic. The new input system has some getting used to but it also birthed a new set of issues. They're onto it but I'm with the termination of weekly compensation. Personally, they only go to overflow for me. Just wait for the big one, guys, even though we all know no one will be satisfied by it.
  • Options
    Brutus2099Brutus2099 Posts: 52

First time I'll agree with this relic. The new input system has some getting used to but it also birthed a new set of issues. They're onto it but I'm with the termination of weekly compensation. Personally, they only go to overflow for me. Just wait for the big one, guys, even though we all know no one will be satisfied by it.
    While I don't disagree in essence with the sentiment, I firmly believe they should have done it differently. We all know and agree compo cant last forever, but rather than ending it then pushing an update on people which created a whole new set of issues, they should have said something along the lines of;

"We are pushing the 35.0.1 input update to all players, we plan to cease weekly compensation packages 30 June. Be aware weekly packages will end in 6 weeks"

This would have allowed them to deal with new issues that arise while letting people adjust to a new input feel as each and every player will adjust at a different rate.

To me this would have been a happy middle ground as opposed to we have ended packages oh and here is a new input system, oh and a bunch of new bugs. Its almost like they did it on purpose to drain the weekly packages out of the system - dumb thing is however this hurts the less skillful and lower accounts way more than the whales and those pushing Act 8.
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    hindsight 20/20, monthly compensation would have made a lot more sense.

it easily scales if it takes longer than expected... and can be tweaked as things go. For example... the AQ/AW was more or less done right... it started with the glory, then it was removed... I would have been find if they then later removed the map crystals, but just left the potions/revives and gray boosts.

monthly questing potions never felt like enough. I would have given a similar (maybe slightly smaller) amount out but also had them weekly.

I don't see any practical way for Kabam to know what impact it had on people. Content is just different. People are doing different things, and often not doing things because of the issues. Just issuing content like EOP automatically skews the numbers as there is no control to know what it would have taken people without the issues.

And using my alliance as a small sample... there are people in it who have done some EOP fights way more efficiently than me for some weeks who struggled this week, where I thought this week was the easiest by far. You can't just say data point 1 used 5 revives, and data point 2 used 3 revives... so it must be 2 revives easier between the two data points because different people have different skills, rosters, etc., and there are just too many variables to get meaningful data.

It would be like saying there are more home runs scored this year than last year at this point. That could be anything.

Rule changes / matchups
    skill / rosters
    tactics
    weather
    new stadiums
    new equipment

We can't just say... well, must be the new pitch clock.

(for the record I don't know if there are more than last year... I am just making this up as an example).
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    Auce said:

Can anyone recall the last time the game wasn't broken?

I cannot—steady state seems to be a game that requires fairly precise inputs which cannot be made precisely.

Dr. Zola