**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Offer is back for everyone

Comments

• Options
    Jonny123Jonny123 Posts: 41
    Hi could i get some help please @Kabam Miike i haven't even started Act 7 yet still doing Act 6 100% but that 10k offer is there for me to buy so am i allowed to buy it without getting my account ban/items in deal taken away or losing my units because i have 12k uints??
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022

The last thing you want to do with a complex situation is make it more complex.

Which is exactly what this "solution" made it be. More complex.
    Actually it made it less complex.
    No, actually it did not.
    The solution is less complex. Whether people like the outcome or not.
    The "solution" was- we aren't doing anything. That is obviously less complex from a have to do perspective so you're right
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,382 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

Okay, so let's recap.
    They decided to extend a courtesy to people who passed on the Offer because Paragon was announced.
    Some people inadvertently had access to it again, and they decided to allow them to keep what they got. Another courtesy. Obviously the error was on their side, fair enough. Still, that was the onus.
    Now people are upset that some got to benefit and others didn't, so they expect another redo.
    I understand the competitive nature of the game, but there comes a point where we need to leave well-enough alone. The last thing you want to do with a complex situation is make it more complex.

Let’s be honest here, this entire mess stemmed from the fact Kabam didn’t communicate with their player base appropriately.

They haven’t provided us courtesies, they’re addressing the clear issues with fairness and balance for their player base, which they’ve now made worse with their inability to execute the appropriate fix.

People are completely entitled to voice their criticism here. ‘Leaving it we’ll enough alone’ doesn’t really achieve much.
    What part of my comment indicated that people couldn't voice their opinion?
    It wasn't miscommunication. It was an Announcement that came after the fact, and people felt it should have come before the Offer. So they extended it to accommodate. There's a difference between what we think should happen versus what actually happens.
    Voicing concerns is perfectly acceptable. People are equally free to acknowledge efforts just the same. It was a courtesy. It could have gone the way of moving forward. There's a great deal of pointing out errors, but very little acknowledgement for efforts.
  • Options
    JJJmJJJJJJmJJJ Posts: 133
    Yes you can, you are on the lucky side. there seem to be 2 types of players, those who can buying it 2 times and those who cannot. so take it, then slowly accumulate resources again, close 7.4 and take it back.
  • Options
    KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 223 ★★★

this entire mess stemmed from the fact Kabam didn’t communicate with their player base appropriately.

This needs to be printed and slapped on the monitor of ever Kabam employee. It’s the same root cause time and time again regardless off the issue. I genuinely feel sorry for @Kabam Miike because I suspect he has little to no control over the actual content that goes into the game or the coders who design it. He has to come here and face us with the cards he is dealt by others - however this game and community would thrive if they were just more upfront about changes and responded to feedback and criticism. Even if the response isn’t the popular one we would rather have some acknowledgement and conversations with the game team rather than the odd hand grenade chucked in on a forum post ever few days.

This will probably get deleted though as calling out kabam for communication isn’t allowed despite it genuinely being given as constructive feedback that Kabam could invest in and improve.
  • Options
    NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★
    Jonny123 said:

Hi could i get some help please @Kabam Miike i haven't even started Act 7 yet still doing Act 6 100% but that 10k offer is there for me to buy so am i allowed to buy it without getting my account ban/items in deal taken away or losing my units because i have 12k uints??

Take the deal one.
    This deal will reappear for you imo when you complete act7 for 12k units.
    This way you can get enough mats for one r4.
  • Options
    DoomSiteDoomSite Posts: 6
    As most of you know, this morning Kabam made a HUGE mistake allowing everyone access to 7.4 Exploration Bundles. Everyone includes people not even close to ACT 7 and those in lower Acts such as ACT 6,5, and so forth.

These bundles were also made available to players that ALREADY got the offer on 7.4 release date. And kabam is not willingly going to fix the problem by removing and refunding such items because of how difficult it may be for them to be able to clean up their own mess.

So now the question is what do the rest of us get? Some lousy potions and AQ crystals wont cut it because now, people not even in ACT 7 have access to hard to get rank up materials. And as stated above, others have accessed twice as much resources as they were supposed to.

I say let the mistake slide and give everyone the chance to get that bundle. Or make ir up to EVERYONE. Because how is it fair someone barely in Act 4 can have 6 star R4 materials and the rest in higher Acts cant?
  • Options
    Jonny123Jonny123 Posts: 41
    Thanks both but im really scared that they will ban my account or take the items back and ill lose my 10k units and not get them back
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,447 ★★★★★
    For a lazy 10k units?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Sure. If that's how you feel then sure. I'm a little more understanding myself, but whatever floats your boat.
  • Options
    I will point out that this entire exercise was a "pro-player move".
  • Options
    Zeraphan said:

Had it been done correctly yes, it would have been.
    Are people not able to go back and purchase it to work towards Paragon? Seems to me the issue stems from the fact that some got an inadvertent benefit and not the gesture itself.
  • Options
    I still dont have the offer back. Where is it.
  • Options

No it is not.
    Let me guess. F2P are being screwed over?
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,375 ★★★★★

Zeraphan said:

Had it been done correctly yes, it would have been.
    Are people not able to go back and purchase it to work towards Paragon? Seems to me the issue stems from the fact that some got an inadvertent benefit and not the gesture itself.
    The only reason they delayed it so many days is to get it right and sort through the data and send it only to those that passed up the offer. I can understand if the offer went out inadvertently to everyone who completed act 7 but they sent it basically to everyone initially. Even people who are cavalier. Thats actually a big time mess up. Care to explain how this happened? They might as well have sent this offer 2 weeks ago.
  • Options
    KennyPLKennyPL Posts: 114 ★★
    So, the only group that got screwed, are the people that actually completed act7.4 and skipped the offer (not knowing about the paragon)?
    Nice one... SMH
  • Options

No it is not.
    How is it a proplayer move when now you have players below Thronebreaker who had access to 6 star R4 material and own it?
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,650 ★★★★★
    Deej said:

It's not a pro-player move because now that I think about it, act 7 exploration rewards should include at least one full catalyst of each (tier 6 basic, tier 3 alpha)
    A pro-player move would be to buff the act 7 exploration rewards. It wouldn't get everyone to paragon but it would be more fair.

they're charging 10,000 units because completion/exploration rewards are not enough to bring up a 6 star to rank 4 on their own
    So this whole thing is a mess.

Act 7 exploration includes a rank up gem. Everyone can r4 a champ after exploring.
  • Options
    SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★
    edited May 2022
    Shinyuu said:

DNA3000 said:

Snakep said:

Do I think it fair they released the requirements after the original offer?

I don't think it is unfair.

I don't know where people get the idea that they deserve perfect forward information about the future. You're presented with the choices you're offered and you have to make those choices with imperfect information. You don't get to know everything, and things can change at any time. Informed choice only goes so far: it does not extend to a right to know the future, and it does not extend to a right to know unannounced things.

Part of playing the game is making choices and then living with them. There's no "if I had known I would have done differently." That's the point. I know there's a lot of people who think differently, and frankly I don't know how they manage to live their lives on Earth.

The only interesting questions are the ones you don't have the answer in the back of the book, If I knew what the consequences of all of my decisions in the game would be, they wouldn't be worth spending any of my time making them. That's not playing a game, that is piloting a monorail.
    If there is no if I had known I would have done differently then why is kabam reoffering this deal in the first place? It’s because people were not informed of the requirements for paragon ahead of time. And I am not complaining at all about missing it the first time. When I heard the requirements I knew I wasn’t going to make it day 1 but that I’d be able to work towards it and make it soon, presumably by the 4th of July. The fact that this offer was reoffered was just a bonus to me. However, at the time of the original release of this offer they certainly knew the requirements for paragon and chose not to release them. As a business that is certainly their right but if they had then all of this messed could have been avoided.
  • Options
    Also, the previous comment from Miike has validity. Some people have Units. Not everyone is sitting on 20k, or even 10k, and the people who are hoarding Units are likely just about there, if not there to begin with.